Author Topic: Return to the Barren Path  (Read 77332 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Return to the Barren Path
« Reply #570 on: July 30, 2009, 12:30:51 AM »
> "Arrested Aya? Who and what army? We have police in Gensokyo? And, more importantly....how many panty shots did it take until people finally realized she's a menace?"

> Make a note to visit the Moriya shrine on your way up the mountain. Remember what Reimu mentioned about Sanae's armpits....

> "Death ray? That's amaz- t-terrible...how could she...oh, wait, that's what she does on a daily basis. Isn't anyone concerned?"

> "Oh, one more thing, do you by any chance know where to acquire food fit for youkai that doesn't in any way contain humans? Something like fish, perhaps. We came across some poor youkai who have nothing to eat so...oh, and secondly, ever heard of tellurium?"

>"The other tengu did it." says Lily "And...I don't know how many, but a lot. We didn't bother following the specifics of the trial, but they say that Shikieiki herself was involved as a plaintive."
>"Well," says Shizuha as you ask about Nitori, "We imagine if she gets out of control, Remilia or Yukari or someone would set her to rights."
>"Youkai eat most things," Shizuha answers after another sip of her tea. "I suppose you could go to the human village and buy something. Or maybe ask the kappa or the tengu? And, tellurium? Well, I can tell you that it's not really a part of leaves or autumn."
>Lily simply shakes her head.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #571 on: July 30, 2009, 01:11:09 AM »
>"Huh, Shikieiki visits the main area of Gensokyo sometimes? Flandre wanted to talk to her."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #572 on: July 30, 2009, 01:55:39 AM »
> "..." Stare at Shizuha. "...sorry...but I can't help but notice...simply...how you...you...." Clear your throat, before continuing, "...just how do you drink tea while upside down? That is simply...amazing. Could you please take me as your humble student?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #573 on: July 30, 2009, 03:42:28 AM »
>"Huh, Shikieiki visits the main area of Gensokyo sometimes? Flandre wanted to talk to her."

"I'm not sure," says Lily. "I've never seen her, and I don't know what the circumstances were."

> "..." Stare at Shizuha. "...sorry...but I can't help but notice...simply...how you...you...." Clear your throat, before continuing, "...just how do you drink tea while upside down? That is simply...amazing. Could you please take me as your humble student?"

>"You just have to ask gravity to ease off a little," says Shizuha. "I don't think I could really teach you, though. It takes a touch of divinity, you know."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #574 on: July 30, 2009, 03:45:14 AM »
>"♪You got the touch♫ ♩You got the power♬"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #575 on: July 30, 2009, 03:54:57 AM »
>"♪You got the touch♫ ♩You got the power♬"

>"How kind of you to say so," Shizuha replies.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #576 on: July 30, 2009, 04:03:02 AM »
>mentally design Optimus Shizuha

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #577 on: July 30, 2009, 06:36:16 AM »
> WTFFFFFFFFFF???????

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #578 on: July 30, 2009, 04:39:55 PM »
> "This is perhaps the most peaceful encounter I've had so far. It certainly is different not to suddenly lose a kidney or get random death threats. Anyhow I'm at your service. If you ever need anything, you can find me at the SDM. Just ask for the 'Master'."

> Hug everyone present, because it's a tradition. Tell Lily and Shizuha it's a custom of yours.

(darn, I wanted to take Cirno along to visit Suwako...oh well...)

> Proceed further up the mountain. Look out for anything we can pick up along the way.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #579 on: July 30, 2009, 10:39:40 PM »
>mentally design Optimus Shizuha

>Man, if only you had something to write this down on!

> WTFFFFFFFFFF???????

>Stuff you.

> "This is perhaps the most peaceful encounter I've had so far. It certainly is different not to suddenly lose a kidney or get random death threats. Anyhow I'm at your service. If you ever need anything, you can find me at the SDM. Just ask for the 'Master'."

> Hug everyone present, because it's a tradition. Tell Lily and Shizuha it's a custom of yours.

(darn, I wanted to take Cirno along to visit Suwako...oh well...)

> Proceed further up the mountain. Look out for anything we can pick up along the way.

>Shizuha chuckles at your declaration. "Very well, then."
>Hugs are adminstered! Lily returns it well enough, But Shizuha pulls herself up to the branch out of reach, and says, "Do you really think it is appropriate to engage in such things with a deity?"
>You proceed onward, and the woods grow thicker. Less light filters through the leaves, casting many shadows about. The ground is gently but firmly inclining upwards now. Up ahead, you can hear a river and can get glimpses of a few small houses through the trees. You think you can hear some light random chatter as well.

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #580 on: July 30, 2009, 10:42:12 PM »
>Hear from a distance, and try to confirm the race of the creatures.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #581 on: July 31, 2009, 11:04:54 AM »
The Kappa village?

> Gather as many leaves and flowers as possible and hand them to Mystia and Rumia. Then tell them to walk ahead of you and toss them into the air to herald your arrival as you sommersault your way into the village. Shout "Kapapapapapa rapapapa kappa" and sing the IOSYS candid friend song as you do so.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #582 on: July 31, 2009, 12:27:25 PM »
> Tell Teh_Shiz that no hug equals no faith.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #583 on: July 31, 2009, 03:09:49 PM »
>Hear from a distance, and try to confirm the race of the creatures.

>It's kinda hard to determine one's race via language, but they are speaking English Japanese Gensokyoan Common, so they probably aren't foreign to the land. You can't make out what they are saying, but the tones are whispered and give you a feeling that the speakers are nervous.

> Gather as many leaves and flowers as possible and hand them to Mystia and Rumia. Then tell them to walk ahead of you and toss them into the air to herald your arrival as you sommersault your way into the village. Shout "Kapapapapapa rapapapa kappa" and sing the IOSYS candid friend song as you do so.

>You gather up a decent amount of fallen leaves and flowers. IN the process, you also discover a small, one-room house hidden among the foilage! A cursory look through a window seems to suggest that no one is home; the inside looks pretty simply furnished and not all that interesting.
>"I can do that," says Mystia, as you hand her the leaves. Rumia nods and gives an affirmative-sounding bit of tinny distortion. They depart, to set up your intro. You hear a couple of startled cries and some splashes. You try to somersault in, and find that somersaulting uphill is really hard on your neck; as well as difficult to do without falling backwards. All in all, the exercise leaves you slightly less disappointed than otherwise that there's no one there besides your party. "They ran when they saw us," Mystia says, "we didn't do anything strange! ...Well, except for what you told us to, but that's it!"
>Looking about, you can see the village set among a sizable field of cattails and other riverside plants. The houses are designed to blend in with the scenery, having a sort of rounded look that makes one thing of rocks smoothed by flowing water; many of them seem to face or open directly into the river. There is one notable exception to this; a rather large warehouse at the edge of the village. There was certainly the effort made to make it look less boxy and more a part of the world around it, but there's really only so much one can do with a big ole warehouse. You don't see anyone else out except for yourselves. Obvious exits are west, south, and east.

> Tell Teh_Shiz that no hug equals no faith.

>You've left her behind, but one wonders if she heard it anyways?

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #584 on: July 31, 2009, 04:08:03 PM »
> Why doesn't anyone tell me these things >:(

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #585 on: July 31, 2009, 04:15:58 PM »
> Why doesn't anyone tell me these things >:(

>Step one: Go here!
>Step two: Take text from here and paste it there!
>Step three: Click read it!
>Step four: Repeat this for all future posts. Now you will be told things!

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #586 on: July 31, 2009, 04:39:59 PM »
> *Helepolis' avatar here*

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #587 on: July 31, 2009, 06:16:30 PM »
> Look around for cucumbers.

> Sneak up to the warehouse. Be wary of mines and traps. If you have cucumbers, toss them in. If not, take a peek inside and check...in case there's some sort of death ray pointed at the door.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #588 on: July 31, 2009, 06:18:58 PM »
>Kick Pesco in the carrot

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #589 on: July 31, 2009, 06:22:24 PM »
> It's a daikon

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #590 on: July 31, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »
> *Helepolis' avatar here*

>I don't think you get the text part of text parser.

> Look around for cucumbers.

> Sneak up to the warehouse. Be wary of mines and traps. If you have cucumbers, toss them in. If not, take a peek inside and check...in case there's some sort of death ray pointed at the door.

>Looking around, you find a few stray cucumbers. As well, you can see a quite a few cucumber patches, but they don't seem to be ripe just yet.
>You sneak up on the warehouse. You don't see anything that looks like a trap, and you probably wouldn't see a mine until it converted your leg into a fine mist. Regardless, you manage to reach the warehouse in one piece. The doors; both the large main doors and the side door that seems to be for people use; are closed. This neatly foils any attempts to toss in cucumbers.

>Kick Pesco in the carrot

>Your attempt leaves you laying flat on your back. Zengar, you blockhead!

> It's a daikon

>Gross.

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #591 on: July 31, 2009, 06:48:11 PM »
> Look for other entrances.

> Failing that, create one by any means necessary.

> Failing that...go look in the river for the other kappas. Shout and say you come in peace and stuff like that.

> Fail.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:49:55 PM by Pesco »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #592 on: July 31, 2009, 08:12:09 PM »
> Look for other entrances.

> Failing that, create one by any means necessary.

> Failing that...go look in the river for the other kappas. Shout and say you come in peace and stuff like that.

> Fail.

>You find two entrances! One is the large doors at the front of the warehouse; another is a smaller door off to the side. Both are closed, but one imagines with proper manipulation of fingers and thumb, such an obstacle can be overcome.

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #593 on: July 31, 2009, 08:15:04 PM »
>Moxious maneuver

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #594 on: July 31, 2009, 08:17:39 PM »
>left shin battering ram

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #595 on: July 31, 2009, 08:25:26 PM »
>Moxious maneuver

>You're not sure that you are doing it right.

>left shin battering ram

>With a cry of "TIGER!", you let your left shin fly at the smaller door, and bash it open. Ow fuck fuck fuck fuck fucking FUCK! Your shin! Dammit! Good thing the door wasn't locked!
>"Waah!" comes the voice of Nitori inside. "Who's there!?"

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #596 on: July 31, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #597 on: July 31, 2009, 08:28:21 PM »
>"owfuckowfuckow"
>get up, cough
>"The new owner of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, here out of curiosity at what the previous owners have asked for."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #598 on: July 31, 2009, 08:34:55 PM »
> Mafikeng
>"owfuckowfuckow"
>get up, cough
>"The new owner of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, here out of curiosity at what the previous owners have asked for."

>"I didn't hear nothing about Parsee changing her name or her gender!" says Nitori; you can her her approaching. "And she sure doesn't go around kicking people's doors down! ...Well, not mine anyways! Yet!"

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #599 on: July 31, 2009, 08:53:59 PM »
> We're here to check her meter.