Author Topic: Return to the Barren Path  (Read 77337 times)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Re: Return to the Barren Path
« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2009, 01:47:36 AM »
> Tell Remi that there are greater things to be undertaken than rot away in that cardboard box. Tell her that she, the great scarlet devil, descendant of Vlad Tepes, cannot just stay here and be the pawn of fate when she claims to be its mistress. Tell her that she should follow you in your quest to steal panties, hug every single living being in gensokyo, kill kourin, catch wriggle once and for all, take over gensokyo, DO EEETTT, ????, PROFIT, return pride, honour, and order to Gensokyo...and her off course. Tell her that going against the status quo has always been her style, pointing out her red mist incident, and that she must challenge the current status quo herself and make a statement worthy of her name. Even offer for her to be the team leader of her illustrious new scarlet brigade.

> If Remi joins you, acquire cardboard box as stealth equipment/mobile shelter.

> Lament the fact that you didn't ask Eirin to look at Rumia's affliction.

> Since Cirno's done with her little project, tell her that you have spoken to the goddess of frogs and you have an understanding with her. Tell her that you cheating on Mystia by kissing a frog which turned into a fairyWTFHowdidthatwhatisthisidonteven the frog fiasco earlier is proof of this. Tell her that the goddess believes she is the strongest and that she believes fairies are just overgrown flies to be eaten. Tell her that said goddess is a great being that only THE STRONGEST can defeat and that if she joined your party you would lead her to this great opportunity.

> Acquire Flail of Cirnobyl once more.

> pose as FF9 triumph song plays.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2009, 01:53:17 AM »
>You're Not Alone
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #212 on: July 18, 2009, 02:01:44 AM »
> You can(not) advance. Go back 3 squares and shove a longinus in your eye. Then proceed to episode 25/26 and hope your eye affliction improves things.

> Ask Cirno what the igloo is for

> Knock on Letty's fridge.

> if nobody answers, open it.

> Wake Letty up. Tell Cirno to blow on her ears with her ice breath if you have to. Tell Cirno it's for Letty's own good.

>Tell Letty somebody stole winter. Blame it on Parsee and possibly Keine. Tell her Keine also stole her reputation (what as, don't say).

> Check if the fridge is plugged into something. Find socket. Think up uses. Can the proton pack be hooked up?

> Tell Kaguya that you are actually from Nebula M78.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2009, 07:56:30 AM »
>rescue Yukari from ninjas

>Well, she has been missing...

>Make sure we have a place to go for burgers before being a bad dude and saving yukari from ninjas

>Maybe they can grill up some burgers at Casa de Parsee?

> Tell Remi that there are greater things to be undertaken than rot away in that cardboard box. Tell her that she, the great scarlet devil, descendant of Vlad Tepes, cannot just stay here and be the pawn of fate when she claims to be its mistress. Tell her that she should follow you in your quest to steal panties, hug every single living being in gensokyo, kill kourin, catch wriggle once and for all, take over gensokyo, DO EEETTT, ????, PROFIT, return pride, honour, and order to Gensokyo...and her off course. Tell her that going against the status quo has always been her style, pointing out her red mist incident, and that she must challenge the current status quo herself and make a statement worthy of her name. Even offer for her to be the team leader of her illustrious new scarlet brigade.

> If Remi joins you, acquire cardboard box as stealth equipment/mobile shelter.

> Lament the fact that you didn't ask Eirin to look at Rumia's affliction.

> Since Cirno's done with her little project, tell her that you have spoken to the goddess of frogs and you have an understanding with her. Tell her that you cheating on Mystia by kissing a frog which turned into a fairyWTFHowdidthatwhatisthisidonteven the frog fiasco earlier is proof of this. Tell her that the goddess believes she is the strongest and that she believes fairies are just overgrown flies to be eaten. Tell her that said goddess is a great being that only THE STRONGEST can defeat and that if she joined your party you would lead her to this great opportunity.

> pose as FF9 triumph song plays.

>Remilia listens to your speech, then snorts. "Don't worry about me, I'll be back on top before you know it. I built Scarlet Devil Manor with my own sweat and ichor, and I'll do it again. Heh, you think I'm desperate? I'm just taking a break before hatching my next scheme. Nice of you to acknowledge me as boss, but I've heard that tune before."
>She quirks her lips"...But maybe I'll follow you mooks around for a little while to have something to laugh at. Probably shouldn't let that kid with the fucked-up voice get too buddy buddy with Flan, anyways." She then goes to share her parasol with Flandre.
>The Refrigerator Box is a bit large to cart around. When you ask your companions to carry it around, they refuse (some politely and others not so much), claiming it'd be a pain unless you got a specific use for it in mind.
>You find Cirno inside her frogloo, laying on the grass and coloring while kicking her feet in the air. Before you can approach her, you hear a loud splash from the lake!  You look over just in time to see the Disturbing Rock, dripping lakewater menacingly, land on the shore! Cirno screams, and starts crawling out of her frogloo in a panic.

>You're Not Alone

>Lemme give you something more fitting.

> You can(not) advance. Go back 3 squares and shove a longinus in your eye. Then proceed to episode 25/26 and hope your eye affliction improves things.

> Ask Cirno what the igloo is for

> Wake Letty up. Tell Cirno to blow on her ears with her ice breath if you have to. Tell Cirno it's for Letty's own good.

>Tell Letty somebody stole winter. Blame it on Parsee and possibly Keine. Tell her Keine also stole her reputation (what as, don't say).

> Check if the fridge is plugged into something. Find socket. Think up uses. Can the proton pack be hooked up?

>While you aren't really in the situation to do all this, you are pretty sure the refrigerator is plugged in to...something?
>The Rock bounces toward you.

>_

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2009, 08:07:59 AM »
> Check inventory.

I want to see if we can MacGyver something to wreck that Rock's sh!t.
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2009, 08:20:37 AM »
> Check inventory.

>Witness the Spirit of the True Text adventurer!
>Your Inventory Contains:
>Aspirin
>Ibuprofen
>Heal Brand potion.
>Antacids
>Cough Drops
>Electric razor. (disassembled, out of power)
>The Clothes on your Back
>Cement Boot (In Rumia's Possession)
>Plastic Doll Bits
>10 Spare Needles (In Mystia's possession)
>Fireflies in a Jar w/Poltergeist Saliva
>Dinged Up Proton Pack
>Yukari's Cap. (Worn a hat; owed to Flandre)
>Orky Cuirass (Worn as armor)
>Silver Dragonfly
>Ghost Trap
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:47:37 AM by Purjew »

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #216 on: July 18, 2009, 08:32:52 AM »
> Set up Ghost Trap near enough to the Rock that it'll land on it with its next jump, then put the jar on the Ghost Trap right-side up (let the fireflies out, first, they deserve to live). Move far enough away that the rock's next leap won't kill you.

Now let's watch the fireworks.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #217 on: July 18, 2009, 09:00:53 AM »
> Set up Ghost Trap near enough to the Rock that it'll land on it with its next jump, then put the jar on the Ghost Trap right-side up (let the fireflies out, first, they deserve to live). Move far enough away that the rock's next leap won't kill you.

>You put the Ghost trap in the Rock's way, letting the fireflies out the jar and putting it on top of the ghost trap.
>The Rock proceeds, its face unchanging, and lands on the ghost trap with the sound of shattering glass and plastic, and the distinctive sound of rending metal.
>Cirno escapes from her frogloo and flees into the forest, screaming in terror.

>_

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2009, 09:45:46 AM »
No Ghost Trap tripped? Snap. There goes that.

> Ask Flandre to destroy the Strange Rock.

EDIT: I honestly feel stupid for not doing this sooner. Hopefully we can find some way to repair the Ghost Trap (and maybe the Proton Pack while we're at it).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 09:53:41 AM by M. Burusu »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #219 on: July 18, 2009, 09:55:58 AM »
> Ask Flandre to destroy the Strange Rock.

>It is difficult to trip a ghost trap when it is crushed by a rock.
>Flandre shakes her head. "This one...would rather not. Remilia and many other have asked this one not to break living things. As such, this one wishes to to abstain from such until it is time to fulfill my purpose."
>Remilia nods. "She used to be bad about it. Really bad. Really really bad."
>The Disturbing Rock is getting uncomfortable close to you.

>_
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:02:54 AM by Purjew »

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #220 on: July 18, 2009, 09:58:28 AM »
> Ask Remilia to destroy the Strange Rock.
> If Remilia declines, ask Kaguya to destroy the Strange Rock.
> If Kaguya declines, ask Rumia to try to reason with the Strange Rock.

Yes, I know my commands just now boil down to "Shoot first, shoot second, ask questions third." My idea for having the Ghost Trap trip from the ectoplasm didn't pan out.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2009, 10:43:25 AM »
>judge how big this rock is, because then we could probably just boot it away or something like that

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2009, 10:55:57 AM »
> Kick the rock in the vleis just like last time.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2009, 01:11:54 PM »
> Ask Remilia to destroy the Strange Rock.
> If Remilia declines, ask Kaguya to destroy the Strange Rock.
> If Kaguya declines, ask Rumia to try to reason with the Strange Rock.

>Remilia cracks her knuckles, then snaps her fingers and summons a nasty-looking spear in hand. Grinning, she hefts and flings the weapon at the Disturbing Rock. It hits with a small spark and a loud, high-pitched noise, chipping a tiny pebble off the rock. "Well shit," Remilia says, as she snaps her fingers and banishes the spear from existence, "It really is made of rock."
>Kaguya shakes her head. "I am afraid it doesn't fall under my abilities."
>Rumia is too busy backing away, Mystia is doing the same and trying to pull Kaguya back with her.

>judge how big this rock is, because then we could probably just boot it away or something like that

>The rock is large enough to reach your knees, and looks to weight well over a hundred pounds, if what it did to the ghost trap is any indication. It could probably manage one of your limbs very badly, and likely would not stop there.

> Kick the rock in the vleis just like last time.

>There is only one lake to kick it into. You run up to the Disturbing Rock and kick it, and OH GOD YOUR FUCKING TOE! OW!
>The Disturbing Rock is now posed to leap on you, and your kickin' foot really hurts now.

>_

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #224 on: July 18, 2009, 01:43:31 PM »
> Try sitting on the Strange Rock, hope it doesn't decide to flip over in midleap.

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2009, 01:47:49 PM »
> Try sitting on the Strange Rock, hope it doesn't decide to flip over in midleap.
>Try to grind the strange rock while gathering the dust
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2009, 02:08:31 PM »

>Trying not to do a hop limp, you dodge around the Disturbing Rock, then have a seat on top of it! It hops again, and you go for a ride! Thankfully, you are wise enough to draw your feet up before it lands on them. Now you have to figure out what do next.

>How would you do such a thing with your bare hands?

>_

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2009, 02:09:05 PM »

>Trying not to do a hop limp, you dodge around the Disturbing Rock, then have a seat on top of it! It hops again, and you go for a ride! Thankfully, you are wise enough to draw your feet up before it lands on them. Now you have to figure out what do next.

>How would you do such a thing with your bare hands?

>_
Teeth
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 02:21:51 PM by Tenshi »
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2009, 03:23:35 PM »
> Equip cement boot and apply vleis kick again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2009, 05:22:38 PM »
> Equip cement boot and apply vleis kick again.

>You call for Rumia to return the Cement Boot to you, and put it on after kicking off one of your shoes. Then you jam your armored heel into the side of the Disturbing Rock with little effect. At the very least, it hurts far, far less than your first effort at kicking it; it seems you just do not have the leg strength to punt a hundred plus pounds of rock.
>The Disturbing Rock is unable to dislodge you with its bounces. It turns again toward the lake, and seems to be making a beeline for it. It will take a little time for it to get to the banks, though.

>_

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2009, 05:26:24 PM »
> Unequip Cement Boot, re-equip it as a weapon, then when the rock is just about to make its final leap into the drink, swing the boot hard to the side so that we are dislodged from our perch just as the rock jumps to the lake, leaving us high and dry and it all wet.

(Hooray, physics.)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2009, 05:36:02 PM »
> Unequip Cement Boot, re-equip it as a weapon, then when the rock is just about to make its final leap into the drink, swing the boot hard to the side so that we are dislodged from our perch just as the rock jumps to the lake, leaving us high and dry and it all wet.

>Sploosh! The Disturbing Rock flies back into the lake, while you land on shore; bruisng yourself up a bit, but otherwise fine. You suspect if it didn't stop the Disturbing Rock the first time, it probably won't work stop it the second time. But at least it'll be awhile before it gets back out again. Remilia is having a good laugh at the whole show.
>You are at the shore of the lake. Cirno's Lean-to is here, as is her recently made frogloo. To the south is the road to Scarlet Devil Mansion. To the east is a path around the lake, and back into the forest; to the west is Remilia and Letty's hideaway. To the south is the road to Scarlet Devil Mansion.

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2009, 06:01:21 PM »
Well, since we were interrupted last time, let's try this again...because I want that flail of cirnobyl back...

> pose as FF9 triumph song plays. Do a hip thrust and punch the air. Do this in as disturbing a manner as possible, so as to freak out your party.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2009, 06:46:15 PM »
>psychoanalyze the Disturbing Rock's expression and actions
>grab the next pad of paper and writing implement we find available for Rumia to communicate with
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #234 on: July 18, 2009, 06:49:53 PM »
Remember what happened last time we did that?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #235 on: July 18, 2009, 06:53:35 PM »
Well, since we were interrupted last time, let's try this again...because I want that flail of cirnobyl back...

> pose as FF9 triumph song plays. Do a hip thrust and punch the air. Do this in as disturbing a manner as possible, so as to freak out your party.

>You do a well-earn hip thrust, but find that Cirno ran off when the Disturbing Rock attacked, thus making the rest hard to do.

>grab the next pad of paper and writing implement we find available for Rumia to communicate with

>You aren't sure you can understand the mind of a rock without some outside assistance.
>There doesn't seem to be much in the way of pen or paper here. You could try to steal Cirno's crayons and coloring book, but you don't think you could fit into the frogloo.
>Additionally, the Cement Boot is kind of a pain to walk around in.

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2009, 07:09:39 PM »
>Unequip cement boot.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2009, 07:15:12 PM »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #238 on: July 18, 2009, 07:17:20 PM »
> Equal opportunity huggings for all

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #239 on: July 18, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »
> Equal opportunity huggings for all

>This goes well, until you get to Remilia, whose response is to summon her spear again and glare at you.

>_