Author Topic: Psycho Prophecy (Game Over Town Win)  (Read 59320 times)

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
Re: Psycho Prophecy (Day 1 Ongoing)
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2011, 05:48:09 AM »
@Merryweather: Duffman's chainsaw defense was his vote on Capt. Li. Unless I'm reading it wrong and it isn't actually a chainsaw defense.
And who was this reffering to?
Orrr he could claim 3rd party and you all know how to treat those right?

Cut by Duffman buddying up with Alpha 60. It's early D1 there isn't much to go by yet, and I'm trying to find stuff.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2011, 05:51:55 AM »
That was Merryweather's knee-jerk reaction to the events that have just transpired. She'll be back and properly responding to the rest of Alpha's errm posts in the morning.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2011, 05:54:57 AM »
Oh, I also forgot to address this.
You want proof that Alpha dude is townie? He just is bro. Followed by blatant pressure to roleclaim. That's also not cool.
That is obviously not proof of townieness. Otherwise I'm townie for being bro with "Insertrandomplayerhere". Provide proof -> Profit. That wasn't pressure for a roleclaim at all. He said he had conditions to fulfil, so I asked what they were. I would've accepted any answer really. Even if he had said he would rather not tell (though I probably would've questioned him a bit more if he did that, but that's just me).  Although I didn't really find that to be a good enough answer for me to answer the questionairre.

Cut by Merryweather.
@Merryweather:And who was this reffering to?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2011, 06:01:28 AM »
Seriously stop fighting. It hurts when Duffman's town reads are homicidal towards each other. Alpha didn't have to tell us what he was looking for. Those words come up often enough. Duffman trusts his bro. Duffman is too drunk to impulsively say everything before it's discussed.

See those quiet dudes trying not to get caught up in the argument? That's who Duffman wants to smash.

Krablol: She's talking about Alpha. Last time someone had that power they had a third party win. You could be a bro for having a bro! You don't so you're not, that's cool. Duffman is a major judge of bromistitude. Duffman is saying read the posts and see if you really think Alpha is sitting back and waiting for people to die around him. Duffman doesn't see that.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2011, 06:06:31 AM »
@Duffman: I see. I still would like Merryweather to clarify that.
I don't think Alpha is that scummy. I never expressed serioud suspicion on him at all. Just because you didn't provide proof for him being town doesn't mean I don't think he's town. I would've accepted that as a reason for his townieness and I have no idea why you didn't even post it originally.
Also I so totally have a bro. Like you're one to judge.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2011, 06:25:07 AM »
Know what makes a good hangover remedy?  Orange juice.  Duffman why can't we be bros? Or is everyone your bro?

Even though Li, Merry, and Beer had votes/cases on Alpha, Li looked the worst: paranoia, pushing others to vote, then Beer for not having any original reasoning, finally Merry being the best for actively questioning and pursuing, reasoning I can understand, but not necessarily agree with.  Thinking Merry vs. Alpha is just two townies knee-jerking to each other at this point. Merry is still looking alright, Duffman and Krab are looking okay.  Beer, Kanji, and Alpha not sure about.  Li not looking too hot.  Others don't at this point.  And Orange is the best.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2011, 07:03:33 AM »
##Vote: Mandarin Orange

Why do you not put your vote where your mouth is? What are you trying to accomplish by comparing who looks better? If you think Capt. Li is not town, then why are you not voting them?

Krabs, asking people why they think someone is town is not productive for town.

I will not answer the questionaire unless there is a protown effect in doing so.

I will post more tomorrow after some sleep.

Standby Mode

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2011, 07:13:57 AM »
Krabs, asking people why they think someone is town is not productive for town.
I asked because Duffman was so sure that Alpha was town. It even lead to him doing a chainsaw defense on Capt. Li. Surely if someone is that certain of someone being town (especially this early in the game) then it would be highly questionable.

Oh and Duffman, you still have yet to answer this question.
What about Capt. Li's vote is foolish to you?

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2011, 07:22:01 AM »
Alpha's #32 gave me impression that the questionnaires were his attempt at looking like he was creating serious discussion without him actually following up on it (hence his empty unvote, and also hence his empty unvote looking suspicious to me), but #53 says I misinterpreted his claims, so I will back off. I do still believe my vote was reasonable at the time given what I thought Alpha was doing, though, and I do not see what the orange seems to take issue with. To be clear, generating noise was not one of my reasons for voting Alpha.

---

Give backing or my vote will stay longer (this implies that my vote is staying where it is for now, which it is).
##Unvote
##Vote Mr. Krabs, because he is using Duff Beer as a votepark. He openly implied he would switch off of the beer if the beer added to its case. This sort of spinelessness is not how town pressures players who they think are scum, for scum is quite capable of imitating a wise ally if it will ward off votes.

Duffman, why is the orange worse than Mr. Krabs? From your #59, I am sadly not able to tell why you find the orange suspicious aside from a failure to understand its post.

Alpha looks fine to me now that his #32 was clarified; not sure why Merryweather is still attacking him. Likewise, Merryweather looks believably townie in her actions, so I agree with the orange that their debate is most likely founded in kneejerk reactions.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2011, 07:29:18 AM »
@Capt. Li: Duff Beer can add to his case all he wants, but I will only switch off if he can get a solid stance with some solid reasons. Also voting someone is still pressuring them, because a vote puts them closer to lynch. And if he tries to imitate other people, than that means he is scum going by your words.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2011, 07:31:00 AM »
EBWOP: The sentence sounds better when worded like this:
"And if he does try to imitate people to get my vote off him, then that means he is scum by your words."

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2011, 07:53:09 AM »
Sleep is for the Duffless people.

Duffman already answered that question from Mr. Krabs. Duffman doesn't repeat himself. Duffman is too busy BARGING INTO THE FUTURE WITH DUFF BEER BUY NOW etc. Li is saying it doesn't look like you're pressuring the person you're voting for. What about his recent activity makes you want him dead again?

Li, it's the way the entire paragraph is parsed to sound like the Orange is seriously considering who of the two looks worse, except from the perspective of someone who knows neither of them is bad to begin with. It's which of these two random townies look worse, not which of these two scummy people look scummier. His second post is the same way, comparing the three people solely by their case on Alpha and ignoring anything else about them. Grading cases is great and all but who is the scum?

It's the same reason I dislike the way you're defending your vote, it sounds like you're far too interested in making sure we know your vote was justified at the time and it's totally okay that you're not voting him now. Town shouldn't care how good they look.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2011, 08:01:30 AM »
@Duffman: You chainsaw defended Alpha by atacking Li with one reason being his reason was bad. Li responded by asking why it was bad. You responded by saying it was foolish.
I'm asking why you thought it was foolish.
And what did you mean by saying "What about his recent activity makes you want him dead again?" (Italics put in by me). Because if you're talking about Duff Beer, this is the first time I've wanted him dead (starting from my second non-confirmation post). The first time I voted him was a jokevote, now it's serious. And if you're reffering to anyone else, I haven't expressed serious indication of wanting anyone else dead.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2011, 08:05:08 AM »
PS the following people need to die slowly POST: Gilgamesh, Saki Morimi, Barney. Megaman.EXE and Bardiche are barely above quota for content. You signed up, play the damn game.

STOP CUTTING DUFFMAN.
Duffman said more then that in the first place. Alpha is quite townie. That's why it's foolish. Duffman thinks he will get headcrabsmps if he argues with you. Just follow Duffman to townie victory.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2011, 08:10:14 AM »
Duffman said more then that in the first place. Alpha is quite townie. That's why it's foolish. Just follow Duffman to townie victory.
That was just a summary of the important parts of the posts in question.
I see. But just because someone looks quite townie doesn't mean they actually are townie.
You even just suggesting that people should follow you is scummy in and of itself.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2011, 08:11:34 AM »
@Capt. Li: Duff Beer can add to his case all he wants, but I will only switch off if he can get a solid stance with some solid reasons. Also voting someone is still pressuring them, because a vote puts them closer to lynch. And if he tries to imitate other people, than that means he is scum going by your words.
If that truly is what you believe, then you underestimate the enemy. The flaw with your position is that scum has no difficulty sounding logical and creating their own cases, especially with their fellow men backing them up from their camp. Your vote is pathetic in the field of battle because you would withdraw it as soon as your target proves they can stand for themself, and this shows a lack of desire for victory. Tell me, if Duff Beer were to enter the thread right now and post substantial content, who would your vote be on given that you would have no place to park it? Would you just disarm yourself entirely?

It's the same reason I dislike the way you're defending your vote, it sounds like you're far too interested in making sure we know your vote was justified at the time and it's totally okay that you're not voting him now. Town shouldn't care how good they look.
The orange was attacking my vote, so I elaborated on said vote in the last three sentences of my first paragraph to respond to it. How is this caring too much about how I look? Townies don't want their fellow soldiers to attack them because it is time spent not focusing on the enemy. There is nothing wrong with maintaining a defense of myself if need be.

I do have a better understanding of your orange case now, but am not interpreting his post the same way you are. There is little more to say than that.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2011, 08:38:01 AM »
The flaw with your position is that scum has no difficulty sounding logical and creating their own cases, especially with their fellow men backing them up from their camp.
Tell me, if Duff Beer were to enter the thread right now and post substantial content, who would your vote be on given that you would have no place to park it? Would you just disarm yourself entirely?
This makes sense if Duff Beer was town, and now that I think about it, because of what you said, he is more likely town. Because based on that sentence, he either has really bad scumbuddies, or is town. If he can sound logical and can create his own cases then why isn't he doing so? If he's a bad scum player who can't creat good cases then that could mean his buddies aren't helping him at all, or they aren't online while he is. I find this first one unlikely due to stupidity, and I find the second one unlikely due to the fact I can't see it happening at all. So the real flaw is your counterpoint to me, because if scum can make well fleshed out cases filled with good logic, then why hasn't he done so? I would still like Duff Beer to make a better case anyway.
And really this second part could be answered right now.
##Unvote
Hmmm... I don't like Duffman even more now, but I still think he's townie, because me not liking him is more to do with frustration.
I don't like Orange either, he has said little, and hasn't even elaborated much on his views. Why is "so-and-so" looking good? Why is "so-and-so" looking bad? Please answer these questions Orange.
I don't exactly like Bardiche either, he hasn't even made much posts yet, and with the posts he has done, he has said little of use. He has barely mentioned anything about the majority of players, and has said little about the players he did mention.
##Vote:Bardiche

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2011, 08:39:47 AM »
Hmmm... I don't like Duffman even more now, but I still think he's townie, because me not liking him is more to do with frustration.
I don't like Orange either, he has said little, and hasn't even elaborated much on his views. Why is "so-and-so" looking good? Why is "so-and-so" looking bad? Please answer these questions Orange.
I don't exactly like Bardiche either, he hasn't even made much posts yet, and with the posts he has done, he has said little of use. He has barely mentioned anything about the majority of players, and has said little about the players he did mention.
##Vote:Bardiche
I might just point out that this is prety much in order of who I think is scummiest.
Gut
Leaning scum.
Leaning scum even more.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2011, 10:03:56 AM »
@Merryweather: I personally thought that your line of questioning was as unproductive and could only lead to answers indicative of role and not of alignment, which is merely a distraction at this stage of the game.  Also, some questions you asked were not valid in the first place (e.g Why are you encouraging people to not contribute?) and did not seem to me as useful pressure.

In other news, Alpha is being confusing for discounting Li and Duff Beer and voting Merryweather, when the reasons Li and Merry had at that point in time were pretty similar.  I'm also interested in why Alpha is accusing Merry of rolefishing when much of the playerbase has already voiced out that they wanted to know what the data form was used for, making it seem rather like selective scumhunting.  Combine this with him discarding the Duff Beer case on a whimsy (e.g someone saying that everyone looks townie is normally quite scummy), and I can't get a hold on his thought processes and cases.

Captain Li is also quite curious for specially going after Mr.Krabs for 'vote-parking' when he had already given a quite valid reason and a bit of token questioning (in comparison with everyone else) for voting Duff Beer.  How is announcing your intention to consider backing off if your suspect makes more reasonable statements scummy, exactly, if both townies and scum are capable of doing just that?  It's very metaphysical, like the sake before me.  Also, attacking him for not having an alternative at that point of time is strange since many others (such as me) did not have one either.  It all seems curiously selective.

Duff Beer is still the scummiest for not having any suspicion to his name at all, but the possible scum agenda of others seem to be taking shape now.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »
Oh wonderful, I already have my first strong town read of the game.
Alpha is not it.
Could you give a shorten version of why you are against Merryweather? You accuse her of rolefishing, but from an outside perspective, none of us would have realized it would be. Not unless we had reason to suspect it was related to your role. You might have been able to pass it off as part of the RVS thing.
I didn't believe the questionaire would be harmful to town, and I still have certain doubts even considering possible roles, but the genuine reactions Merry gave makes me believe she is the last person your vote should be on.

Mr. Duffman's posts caused me to reread Mandarin in a certain way, and I think he's right. Mandarin should at the very least put a vote down.

I'm afraid I don't appreciate the way Captain Li has pressured kindly, young Mr. Krabs in moving his vote away from Duff Beer. Tell me, are your opinions of Duff Beer indicated by your actions, or did you only think to pick on Mr. Krabs' reasoning? Besides, if vote parking is the crime of the day, I would think Bardiche would be a much more present concern, seeing as all they left was a one liner about the person voted and a promise to return later.

##Unvote: Alpha 60
##Vote: Captain Li Shang
as my most pressing lead for the moment.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »
I have a few so far, town can go bananas if they want.

Mongrel, are you calling me crazy?
I should have your head for this insolence!

@Duffman: Oh? You believe you can take on the King of Heroes!?
So you now trying leading a mongrel around?
Makes no difference, One is no different from a Thousand!

@Mr Krabs: Be gone from my sight, abomination!
Your lack of confidence will be the downfall of you.

Tsk, thats all? More pressing matters have arisen.
##Vote Duffman
I shall leave this here.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2011, 12:07:49 PM »
@Mr Krabs: Be gone from my sight, abomination!
Your lack of confidence will be the downfall of you.
I'm interperting that as a softclaim for a vig role.
Oh, really? Where did you ever get the idea that I wasn't self confident.
That was all really a bit of a show. I'm actually quite confident I've got something here. Whether it's scum or not it's certainly very interesting.
##Unvote
##Vote:Capt. Li

Read further into my interactions with Capt. Li to see if you can find what I'm referring to.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2011, 12:13:51 PM »
^
What?

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2011, 12:15:26 PM »
Read further into my interactions with Capt. Li.
Then it will make more sense (assuming you can find what I'm talking about).

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2011, 12:23:05 PM »
And I won't reveal what I mean until Capt. Li has his say on this.

« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »
Wheeeee, everyone is scum again! Well, I like Merryweather, at least, and I don't really get why Alpha picked her to OMGUS on. Merryweather's question about the questionairre would sit better with me if it meant a pro-town cause to answer it, but at the moment I'm happy enough with her that I'm going to ask Alpha 60 for elaboration on why Merryweather rolefishing is bad, but blatantly rolefishing Duff Beer is not bad.

Why do Duff Beer and Alpha 60 insist on softclaiming having a role at this point? It reads as either stupid town or overeager scum. Possibly overeager town and stupid scum. So! I think both Alpha 60 and Duff Beer are worthless for attempting to get people to rolefish them. Posting a questionnaire and then pretending it is actually good to answer is bound to invite questions regarding its purpose.

Alpha 60 looks bad as result: you're inviting the rolefish and then voting the first person to actually inquire as to the purpose of your actions!

Mr Krabs looks terrible. Between voting Bardiche and Capt Li, neither had said anything. Going "lol find the reasons for my vote ^_^" isn't pro-Town in the slightest. It means you're being a gigantic derpterd and making Town run through hoops just to find out why you're voting and what the hell is up with you. People like you deserve to have their feet cemented in before getting thrown off the Eiffel Tower.

And I do not, in fact, like Mr Krabs being coy and ^_^ about voting and creating a big stink, so I'm going to demand you explain your reasons for voting rather than bothering town with your noise. ##Vote: Krabs

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2011, 02:32:36 PM »
@Saki: I knew someone would try to attack me for this. But what's the point? If you haven't even taken the time to try and figure out my reason for voting then why should I listen to yours? And I'm going to explain my reasons anyway, you'll just have to wait for Capt. Li first.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2011, 02:35:38 PM »
And not even bothering to to do anything like that at all is a scummy thing to do. Scum like you deserve to have your feet cemented in before getting thrown of the Empire State Building.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2011, 02:46:05 PM »
No you crustatious cheapskate, I want to know why we have to wait on Li for your case. Does your case on him not exist?

And yes there is a difference between making a case and telling someone to reread it and not making one at all and saying "Guess why this is scummy"

And whoever was asking why I flipped out over Go Planet is because yes 3rd party won like that last time and I'd rather that not happen again because he then has no reason to play to lynch scum and can just troll.

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2011, 02:49:57 PM »
Read over your posts, can't find anything that explains why Capt Li is magically worse than Bardiche without intervention from either. Don't even try to test my patience, because you won't like it when I lose it! And I can say I've got it up to here with you people doing scummy shit and going mea culpa. If you know you'll get voted for it, why the hell do it at all? Your post before it had no indication you thought Capt Li was scummy and now you magically do. Do forgive me if I want you to explain rather than now use an excuse to sit back and not produce a case until Capt Li has posted.

Merryweather, it was a TOWNIE who won like that!

I just realise Gilgamesh's vote reasons are also shit and similarly would like to demand he explains his reasons. No, Gilgamesh, you are the mongrels.