Author Topic: Psycho Prophecy (Game Over Town Win)  (Read 59332 times)

Kabuto

• Kabuto
Re: Psycho Prophecy (Day 1 Ongoing)
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2011, 11:09:40 PM »
... what have I been doing all my life?

1) Coffee and instant noodles, as a government official.  For.... for about twenty-five years now.
2) Paperwork on the left, paperwork on the right.  That's all I can see.
3) ... what's an artichoke?
4) I do not rely on either.  I rely solely on the tried and tested tedium of everyday life.
5) I've not been out in the country since I was a child.

##Vote: Duff Beer

For reminding me of what it was like when I had the fire in me.  Now I am merely a shadow of my former self.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2011, 11:29:05 PM »
So the first thing I do is question why everyone is just answering questions that
-get us no where and make noise
-could be a repeat of Go Planet from last game.

So all of you fine people who have already complied to this not so impossible request, why did you do this?

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2011, 11:56:46 PM »
Question.  Why do you want people to make noise and get needlessly off track, effectivly extending the RVS, Alpha 60?

##Unvote:
##Vote: Alpha 60

Alpha 60 detects a post written in what humans call "the color blue".  Alpha 60's logic processors cannot process the human Merry's logic about how Alpha 60's data form leads people off-track when many haven't posted and the rest haven't contributed anything substantial besides jokevotes.  Additionally Alpha 60 would like to remind Merryweather that what is computer "noise" to one human is actually quite important for Alpha 60.  Alpha 60 does not presume to ask why Merryweather writes in blue.  If Merryweather has an alternative to filling out her data form, Alpha 60 would be a grateful recipient.

Oh.  While eating dinner Alpha 60 got cut by another of Merryweather's posts. 

##Unvote

Question to Capt. Li:  Why did you ignore the data form entirely?
Questions to Merryweather:  What is the alternative to filling out the data form for those who have complied?  Is Capt. Li furthering town's agenda?

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2011, 12:08:50 AM »
The alternative is not filling out the form. Capt. Li didn't though this doesn't mean he himself is furthering town agenda to end RVS.

I am worried about this form because you have asked people to fill out questions and then have proceeded to not do a thing with them. Thus you are encouraging useless noise from people which allows them to waltz in, answer the quiz, effectively not say anything at all and leave.

Until you show us what you're using your data forms for, I won't be filling one out.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2011, 12:10:51 AM »
ebwop: Read the first line as, no capt. Li is not ending RVS and just placed a standard jokevote.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2011, 12:10:56 AM »

I also do not like the questionnaire. It feels like it's replacing the RVS with something weird, and how the hell are you supposed to get anything out of it? In addition to this, I would like to ##Eat: Gold, for cannibalism is an activity that I approve of.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2011, 12:28:59 AM »
Hmph. We've got a long way to go.

Alpha 60, your #22 looked like early roleplay drivel so I figured it would be pointless to address it. Consider me skeptical about the usage of this "data form"; You have not yet drawn any notable conclusions from it and it ultimately seems like a waste of time used to feign town contribution. Actions speak louder than words, and contrary to your guise of being engaging, your lack of a vote proves that there are no actions coming from you at this stage.

##Unvote
##Vote Alpha 60

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2011, 12:36:47 AM »
Go on and ask dear.

@Mod: How many people does it take to lynch?  Could you include it in your votecounts?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2011, 12:43:22 AM »
@Mod: How many people does it take to lynch?  Could you include it in your votecounts?
Oh oops. Sorry about that! 8 to lynch, dear.

>V-V-V-Votecount! Again.

Bo Peep (0)
Mandarin Orange (0)
Captain Li Shang (0)
Duff Beer (2): Mr.Krabs, Kanji Watanabe
Kanji Watanabe (0)
Alpha 60 (4): Merryweather, Bo Peep, Captain Li Shang, Duff Beer
Saki Morimi (0)
Merryweather (0)
Mr.Krabs (2): Megaman.EXE, Duffman
Barney (0)
Duffman (0)
Gilgamesh (1): Saki Morimi
Megaman.EXE (0):
Bardiche (0)

Not Voting:5 other people

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

49 hours left in the day. Link to Countdown for D1 Deadline
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:46:20 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2011, 02:18:07 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Captain Li Shang

Duffman gets bad gas when he reads your post. Duffman senses weakness! What kind of a man are you? Duffman hates bandwagon hops for bad reasons! Duffman says don't sound like a faker, sound like a winner! With Duff Beer! This guys needs more votes. OH YEAH.

Alpha 60 is an A-OKAY robot. Duffman offers him some Duff Beer lubrication to get his gears pumped!

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 02:30:11 AM »
If I were not clear enough, Alpha 60 is scummy for acting as if the results to its questioning was valuable for town, then proceeding to stand idle after receiving answers to its "data form" and not using the new information it claimed to need. It's trying to sound like an pro-active ally without acting like one.

Why is this a Bad reason to vote him?
Why do I get the impression that you are voting me only for the way I worded my post?

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 02:41:20 AM »
##Unvote: Alpha 60
##Vote: Duff Man

Why do you only address Li Sheng about the votes on Alpha 60? Why don't you even mention any of the other people on Alpha 60's wagon?

@Mod: Are you purposely ignoring my ##Eat: Gold?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 02:42:20 AM »
No, I'm voting you because I think voting for Alpha 60 is dumb. Your reasoning for voting him also seems foolish. Punishing someone for not delivering a game analysis in answer to questions half the players haven't even answered? It undermines his involvement and strikes to me as people lashing out at someone being loud early.

Duffman doesn't remember that being in the registered ingredients for Duff Beer! Duff Beer what are you putting into your pumped up body! Tell Duffman what you think of the people besides Duffman's robot friend!

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 02:43:21 AM »
Duffman is so amazing he was answering Duff Beer before he asked! That's the power of THE DUFF LINK!

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 02:45:16 AM »
SOCIALDUFF LINK GO!

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 02:53:00 AM »
Everyone needs a bit of flavor in their dismal lives.  They would not have said anything otherwise, and I'm sure deep down in their hearts no one would think of answering the data form as 'doing something', as Merryweather suggests, since all of the answers so far have been based off colourful flavour, and are all in good fun.  Exaggerating this as 'useless noise' is simply getting too far ahead of yourself, and is thus useless noise in itself; subtracting the answers away from the posts that have them would give a normal RVS anyways.

Despite all of the above, I shall attribute Merryweather's ejaculation to human weakness (since it's still somewhat reasonable on the surface), but Duff Beer's hop onto the bandwagon strikes me as the most lousy.  It pretty much seems as if he's jumping at Alpha for being weird (not scummy), and merely building numbers. Chainsaw of Li Sheng also casts doubt onto his voting priorities (why is Duffman's ignorance of two other people on the wagon worse than Alpha60 being weird?), so my vote stands as firmly as I do.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 02:56:05 AM »
Forgive me for seeing things differently than you do, but I think he earned those serious votes. His #32 looked like he was trying to appear to be pushing me and Merryweather into contributing when he himself was not adding anything of value, and I see no reason to hold him to a lower standard than the rest of us. Questions like "Is Capt. Li furthering town's agenda?" seem to be a good way of making people talk and lynch townies for him so that he himself does not have to get involved.

Duff Beer should explain why it thinks that Duffman is worse than Alpha 60. Duffman's tactics appear to be that of a misled townie rather than scum.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2011, 03:07:35 AM »
Good graciousness. What's all this?

Let's touch on that shall we.

First I would like to give a big round of applause to Kanji for answering Alpha's pressure for him.  I was hoping to hear his original reasoning but I do thank you for giving him the town motivated answer.  Why did you do this?

That said, his other reasoning is sound and while I accept Li's hop to the wagon for reasoning equal to mine BeerDuff's hop was less than optimal.  His blatant hop with a hint of trapping (the mod ignored his action completely, yet he's acting as if it does something and I'm thinking the only reason for this is to bash the poor sucker to ask what it does) is enough to place Beer over Alpha.

##Unvote:
##Vote:Duff Beer

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2011, 03:18:04 AM »
Because I wanted to see Duff Man's response, and that tends to work better with a vote.
##Unvote
Duff Beer is naught but an alcoholic beverage, and has no idea what to think, as it can only really impede thoughts. And having said that, everyone looks townie right now, so I think I'll just ##Eat: Air Force Blue ##Eat: Alice Blue.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2011, 03:26:09 AM »
Duffman is uncomfortable thinking about ejecting his beer from the world. Duffman is very attached to Beer. Duffman does wonder why his beer expected him to find something wrong with him. Duffman likes Merryweather and Bo Peep. (are they single?  :derp: ) Effectively you're voting me for not immediately being suspicious of you. Should I be suspicious of you? Duffman hates being cut by unvotes.

Kanji explained why Duffman dislikes your reason for voting Alpha 60. Duffman thinks the only thing Alpha 60 deserves is a good workout! The people not getting involved are the ones who haven't posted, or barely said hello. Duffman likes almost everyone posting right now. Duffman isn't attached to his vote.. yet.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2011, 03:30:19 AM »
Am I allowed to punch people yet?
I already told you we aren't able to do that, being good fairies and all.

So, knowing that Alpha got beaten for unvoting first of all and that you held suspicion of him yet there wasn't a place where you dropped it, what on earth drove you to make that unvote post just now?

And why only address one point against you?

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2011, 05:01:53 AM »
Capt. Li looks the most suspicious at this point, or at least a little paranoid for reading a lot and expecting a lot from Alpha's time-waste quiz this early in Day 1 and trying to push him to vote.  Merryweather however, even if they have the same case, looks better because of the initiative to pressure, and follow-up on people who continued RVS.  My analysis of Alpha is similar to that Kanji: fluff that extends RVS; but to what purpose, if any only Alpha knows, and if going along with answering has any meaning because everything else was RVS, so there was little else to comment on.  Both Duffs are looking okay so far.

Duffman, why does Bo Peep, look town, aside from contributing to RVS and nothing more as of yet?  Or was that the point?

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2011, 05:13:08 AM »
I don't exactly like Alpha's questionairre. I agree that it would be much better if he were to do something with it. But not much else to say, except he should probably put a vote down. Looking town for now.

Duffman I don't exactly like, but I can see him as more town than scum. I didn't like his chainsaw defense, which needs more proof and reasoning. What about Capt. Li's vote is foolish to you?

Duff Beer I don't like at all.  Bandwagon hopping with one-liner reasons is a very scummy thing to do, because you're not actively searching for other reasons to vote someone, and townies have no reason to not search. Give backing or my vote will stay longer (this implies that my vote is staying where it is for now, which it is). What is "Eat:Gold/Air Force Blue/Alice Blue"? What does it do? Is it real? Surely not everyone looks townie, look harder and maybe you will find something.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2011, 05:16:12 AM »
Alpha 60 has received an emotion chip developed by one of Alpha 60's highest clearance programers.  It is experimental, but Alpha 60 has reasoned that Alpha 60 may better understand humans using what would otherwise be contraband.

Installing....

My goodness!  Humans can 'feel'.  I have learned to use the word "I".  This might just change my posting style!  Oh my the concept of self!  It's brilliant!

The alternative is not filling out the form. Capt. Li didn't though this doesn't mean he himself is furthering town agenda to end RVS.

I am worried about this form because you have asked people to fill out questions and then have proceeded to not do a thing with them. Thus you are encouraging useless noise from people which allows them to waltz in, answer the quiz, effectively not say anything at all and leave.

Until you show us what you're using your data forms for, I won't be filling one out.

Answering the data form helps me fulfill conditions.  I've had positive results so far, and I would still like the rest of town to answer if they could.  I do not see why town can't answer my simple questions in addition to any content have may have for their post.  I will say that it was not my first intention to generate discussion based on my presentation of the data form, but that's what is happening now. 

"Proceed to not do a thing with them" is a grave exaggeration.  What exactly were you expecting?  The second part of your point is holding something against me that I have no control over, that is, blaming me for people who "waltz in, answer the quiz, effectively not say anything at all and leave".   I would think people foolish enough to do this at this point in the game would face heavy speculation on their alignments by the rest of the town. 

The last line of your post bugs me the most and smells of scumitude.   It's a more or less a rolefish that I'm made to answer if I am to "defend" my questionnaire.

##Vote: Merryweather

That said, his other reasoning is sound and while I accept Li's hop to the wagon for reasoning equal to mine BeerDuff's hop was less than optimal.  His blatant hop with a hint of trapping (the mod ignored his action completely, yet he's acting as if it does something and I'm thinking the only reason for this is to bash the poor sucker to ask what it does) is enough to place Beer over Alpha.

The logical thing to do here would be to settle the discrepancy.  Why didn't you?  BeerDuff, is your ##Eat: Gold action meaningful?  Answer yes or no. 

Am I allowed to punch people yet?
I already told you we aren't able to do that, being good fairies and all.

So, knowing that Alpha got beaten for unvoting first of all and that you held suspicion of him yet there wasn't a place where you dropped it, what on earth drove you to make that unvote post just now?

And why only address one point against you?

Honestly I can understand the frustration, but these seem like loaded questions.  I have a problem with Li that he thinks my unvote "spoke louder than words," but that isn't the reason why DuffBeer voted me.

I think you are unduly punishing in your posts in a scummy way.

As others that have posted, I express annoyance at DuffBeer for throwing his vote around but he doesn't strike me as scum because of this line.
Duff Beer is naught but an alcoholic beverage, and has no idea what to think, as it can only really impede thoughts. And having said that, everyone looks townie right now,

It's because it's true.   Other than DuffBeer, everyone DOES look townie, even Merryweather.   Active participation and logically thought out posts look townie.

DuffBeer, at the time of your vote for me, could you tell me your thought process?  Otherwise your original vote of me and your unvote now looks like a disconnect without explanation.

I don't find anything wrong with Li's thinking other than the fact he takes issue with my unvote.  RVS was over, I unvoted and started asking questions.   It's not like unvoting is a passive thing,

I find nothing wrong with Duffman or Kanji.  I happen to like Megaman and Kanji x 2. 

cut by two new posts.  I don't mind them either. 

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2011, 05:20:42 AM »
@Alpha 60:What conditions are you trying to fulfil? Please explain and I might consider answering the questionairre.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2011, 05:33:21 AM »
Thinking this over, I suppose it's not too big a deal to reveal this.   I only wish I could have been flashier and have more surprise value.

Earth, Fire, Water, Wind, Heart.  I summon thee!

TAKE ME AWAY CAPTAIN PLANET!

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2011, 05:35:26 AM »
No I won't be spirited away.  I'd like those words though. 

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2011, 05:37:15 AM »
I have a few so far, town can go bananas if they want.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2011, 05:43:54 AM »
"Proceed to not do a thing with them" is a grave exaggeration.  What exactly were you expecting
So look, no that was not a grave exaggeration.
You asked a question.
You got responses.
I personally was expecting you to put the responses you had attained together into something, anything (case, jokevote) but you proceed to ignore them completely and just go after Li and I in your 32 which was where the problem was coming from.

Then there's this number:
The last line of your post bugs me the most and smells of scumitude.   It's a more or less a rolefish that I'm made to answer if I am to "defend" my questionnaire.
Known as misrep. I wanted to know if it was all flavor and fun like Kanji assumed or if it was role related which if you had said that after I asked you earlier we wouldn't be dragging this out.
You could have said, "It's not just fluff and flavor, and pertains to something does this change your mind about doing it? etc."
Kinda like how you just explained!  Was this that hard to do earlier?

You didn't.

And your reasons for doing so are self centered and scummy.
-You didn't want to generate discussion with it
-You have the audacity to call me out and vote me for rolefishing when you turn around and rolefish DuffBeer.
##Unvote:

Mr K
Where did Duffman chainsaw?

Orrr he could claim 3rd party and you all know how to treat those right?
(You lynch them before they screw us over, kinda like how this genius has all day)

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2011, 05:45:22 AM »
*brofists Alpha 60*
Duffilatious! Duffman reads your forms dude. Your vote just isn't tubular. Marrymeweather is going to be Duffman's new waifu. Here's a DUFF BEER for each of you. Let's totally block up dudes.
Duffman snorted his beer up his nose. It was AWESOME! What are you missing?

Krabs gets a not righteous thumbs down from Duffman for repeating what everyone else said. You want proof that Alpha dude is townie? He just is bro. Followed by blatant pressure to roleclaim. That's also not cool.

Mandarin Orange made a post that Duffman can't read because it hurts to parse man! What are you trying to say there? Why are you just telling us who in an argument looks better instead of who is town dude?

Man it is so hard to choose between these two. Duffman thinks Krabs sounds worse but DUFFMAN LISTENS TO HIS GUT!

##Unvote
##Vote: Mandarin Orange