Author Topic: Erroneous Paradisaical Inception  (Read 7415 times)

Usually Dead

Erroneous Paradisaical Inception
« on: August 05, 2009, 06:49:27 PM »
With the recent release of the second issue of Another Dream [A] (the literary half of the the magazine), I published the second chapter of Erroneous Paradisaical Inception. Some friends pointed out to me a problem with releasing this story in this magazine.

EPI is going to be a long story, and with the rate AD is released, it could take longer than five years to have the whole story done. That's waaaaaaaay too long.

So, I got permission from the manager of AD's literary side to take EPI over myself, and I'll do other content for AD every six months. The so-far completed portion of EPI is now available at:

www.usuallydead.com --> Stories --> Retelling of Oriental Stories --> Story Features

There are two chapters published so far. As new chapters are completed, they'll be published here, one at a time. I'll update this thread with each new chapter as it's released. (Though the thread will have probably fallen faaaaaaaar down the board by the time that happens.) And, hopefully, we'll get a new release sooner than once every six months.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:12:41 PM by Usually Dead »

Re: Erroneous Paradisaical Inception
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:49:34 PM »
First, I should say that Kanako's idea on faith as described in the first chapter is awesome and I'm gonna steal it. :)

Second, it's got the usual "we know pretty much exactly how about half of this is going to turn out," but ... Well, I've had something of an epiphany about that sort of thing; long story short, it's that if the story is sufficiently well-written, it doesn't matter how much you know in advance, it's still awesome.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 11:06:05 PM »
It's amazing how you are able to describe on extreme detail the shape of Kanako's body.
Also,
Quote from: Usually Dead
Big Robots and Bigger Boobs
Kanako watches Godannar.
Holy crap.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 11:19:17 PM by Zengar Shishioh »

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 11:13:46 PM »
if the story is sufficiently well-written, it doesn't matter how much you know in advance, it's still awesome.
You just figured that out now? :V

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 07:10:31 AM »
Well, I was thinking backwards, i.e. the telegraphing hindered the awesome. :B

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 06:27:59 AM »
This is actually the only reason why I should keep watch of this thread. and UD you can subscribe to this thread and bump it when you have a new chapter to post.

This story is radical to be said the least, could this be the fic I been waiting to read? Very likely.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?