Author Topic: Pound on the Gates of Heaven! Akyu Quest Concluded!  (Read 32609 times)

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
Re: Pound on the Gates of Heaven! Akyu Quest Concluded!
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 11:27:04 AM »
> Keine nods, some concern leaving her face.
> "I hope your sense of reason carries across to the organizers."
> Mokou lets out a hmph.
> "That'll be the day. Pearly berks en't chanted for their progressiveness."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 07:59:06 PM »
>"Perhaps not, but I would like to think they are known for their wisdom."

Fightest

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 06:27:31 AM »
>"Perhaps not, but I would like to think they are known for their wisdom."

> Mokou shrugs.
> "Yeah, so's they're going to wisely beat the stuffing out of us. Yours truly en't throwing firstwise, but I en't folding either."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 06:51:13 AM »
>"Throwing a punch back would be folding. It's what is desired. But, if things go poorly, I trust you to be clever in finding ways to deny them what they want without sacrificing yourself."

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 07:14:53 AM »
I'm still not completely sold, the judges are compelled to fight, like marrionettes.  Not sure that whoever is pulling the strings is going to stop because they see the other side is not resisting.  I know these "puppets" have wills of their own, but I don't know how much of a factor that plays.  Having them wail on us does a disservice to the protesters (not everyone is strong or compassionate) and harms the psyche of the judges themselves.  Might be best to overwhelm them with numbers and hold them down.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 07:27:14 AM »
Well, historically speaking, there's certainly more to it. The Suwa war was largely the gods of heaven taking supremacy over the gods of earth.  If Heaven had the power to say, "You're bound by this now!", there never would have been a Suwa War. And somehow, I doubt the likes of Suika or Yukari can really be considered a part of that system to begin with, so it wouldn't only apply to people already under their suzerainty.

Fightest

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 09:36:22 AM »
Well, historically speaking, there's certainly more to it. The Suwa war was largely the gods of heaven taking supremacy over the gods of earth.  If Heaven had the power to say, "You're bound by this now!", there never would have been a Suwa War. And somehow, I doubt the likes of Suika or Yukari can really be considered a part of that system to begin with, so it wouldn't only apply to people already under their suzerainty.

What have I been telling you about the history Akyu remembers very likely being a fabrication?

>"Throwing a punch back would be folding. It's what is desired. But, if things go poorly, I trust you to be clever in finding ways to deny them what they want without sacrificing yourself."

> "Oh, yours truly's got some eggs frying, you be sure of that."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:37:55 AM by Fightest »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2011, 10:28:26 AM »
>Observe the faeries.

Fightest

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 11:54:46 AM »
>Observe the faeries.

> Of all those gathered, the fairies seem most at ease, being their usual noisy, playful selves.
> Cirno appears to be taking things more seriously, but her banter is carefree and her encouragement is enthusiastic.

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 08:00:15 AM »
>Address fairies, "How are my cheerful sprites doing today?"

Fightest

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 09:17:03 AM »
>Address fairies, "How are my cheerful sprites doing today?"

> "Looking good, Chief," says Cirno, "we're ready for anything! Gonna peace the stuffing outta them!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 09:48:24 AM »
>"Ah, good. What are you plans?"

Fightest

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2011, 09:55:53 AM »
>"Ah, good. What are you plans?"

> Cirno looks around to make sure nobody is listening too intently, but her fears seem to be unfounded - the fairies are never long enough in one spot to pay attention to much of anything at all.
> "Well, Chief, if you wants me honest 'n all, I just ain't too confident that we're gonna get through so easy. The gang ain't much against the bigwigs anyway, so I reckon we'll just pile on an' hold 'em down if things get hairy. That ain't really fighting, right?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2011, 10:17:25 AM »
>"Well, as long as you aren't too angry or aggressive about it, it certainly wouldn't hurt to give them a much needed hug in numbers. But, if things go badly, don't feel too bad about drawing back for a moment and letting them forget you're there. But, overall, escalation is what I'd be more worried about."

Fightest

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »
>"Well, as long as you aren't too angry or aggressive about it, it certainly wouldn't hurt to give them a much needed hug in numbers. But, if things go badly, don't feel too bad about drawing back for a moment and letting them forget you're there. But, overall, escalation is what I'd be more worried about."

> "Esk-ah-lay-shun? Oh, so's we don't go pick fights? You were plenty smart in that talk back then, so I'm going with what you say, Chief."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2011, 10:49:32 PM »
>Pat Cirno on the shoulder. "Exactly. I'm sure you'll all make me proud once again."
>How is Marisa doing?

Fightest

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2011, 04:40:55 PM »
>Pat Cirno on the shoulder. "Exactly. I'm sure you'll all make me proud once again."
>How is Marisa doing?

> "Ain't no thing," says Cirno.
> Marisa looks elated. You can tell she's anticipating something big.

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2011, 08:49:02 AM »
>"Are you always like this before major incidents, Marisa?"

Fightest

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2011, 05:21:56 PM »
>"Are you always like this before major incidents, Marisa?"

> "Yeah, the anticipation's killing me," she says, nearly quivering. "It's probably nothing, but a bit of tension's good just in case they decide to not be as reasonable as we hope."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2011, 10:15:38 PM »
>"And what will you be doing if it does come to that?"

Fightest

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2011, 07:35:48 AM »
>"And what will you be doing if it does come to that?"

> "Well, I was a-thinking. You know how the point of the tourney's for there to be a winner to the fights, right? I figure, if a fight never ends, that's going against the grain of the tourney as well, right? So yeah - if things get bad, I'll keep 'em occupied and off everyone's back 'til you can get to the highs."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 09:24:59 AM »
>"Hm, and how do you intend to do that?"

Fightest

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »
>"Hm, and how do you intend to do that?"

> Marisa clenches and unclenches her fists.
> "I can pull my punches, and roll with 'em too. I reckon I can draw a fight out 'til the cows come home."

mad

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 09:27:50 PM »
Wasn't it set that none can win the tournament?
From this we can infer that the observing power desires to see fights.
The endless fight would fall into its desires.
Therefore, I conclude that Marisa's planned endless fight would be counterproductive.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2011, 07:44:40 AM »
Concurred.

>"Hm. I think that would largely fall into what they want, don't you think? Given that there is supposed to be endless war until there is only one standing? Perhaps, rather than try to prolong things, try to prevent them from achieving their ends?"

Fightest

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2011, 09:39:53 AM »
Concurred.

>"Hm. I think that would largely fall into what they want, don't you think? Given that there is supposed to be endless war until there is only one standing? Perhaps, rather than try to prolong things, try to prevent them from achieving their ends?"

> "Well, I can make it a real boring fight, I suppose. I'm just getting the feeling that the whole thing works about fights being finished in the short term - those gamblers back at Rinnosuke's, Shiki's popping up every so offen... If they didn't care, then there would be no reason for them, right? Still, whatever you say, boss."

mad

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2011, 11:36:30 PM »
Then  I would say the best course of action would be for her to not launch any blows in return and simply defend. Someone only defending would not fall into the organizers desires I imagine.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2011, 02:52:51 PM »
>"Has anyone but the Yama really appeared or acted in an official manner, though? I suspect she does so only out of a sense of obligation."

Fightest

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2011, 05:28:36 PM »
>"Has anyone but the Yama really appeared or acted in an official manner, though? I suspect she does so only out of a sense of obligation."

> "I dunno. Maybe they got different functions? I heard Whatsherface-Yasaka was in charge of the non-participant immunities, and things like that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2011, 05:47:35 PM »
>"You may have a point there. Though I would imagine that Yasaka-sama would be very interested in keeping immunities in place for her own reasons, as well."