Author Topic: Shadoweh Quest 2: Just(ice) Version! [End!]  (Read 30062 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Shadoweh Quest 2: Just(ice) Version!
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2011, 07:14:11 PM »
> Force Dormio to make himself useful by brewing an infinite amount of coffee.  We're about to get Fires of Hades with smooth jazz on the prosecution, baby.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2011, 08:30:25 PM »
> Despite our better judgement, ask Dormio what he thinks. He's suposed to be our partner, right? Maybe he has some advice.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »
> "I am not interested in having the defendant address the court.  If the prosecutor's office is incapable of providing accurate evidence, I am not convinced they are capable of providing accurate testimony either."

> On the other hand, you just remembered that you're not very interested in Serela's well-being.

> "Oh, what the heck.  Why not?  I have time to kill before my customized personality core is installed into the judge."

> GLaDOS looks to you. "Oh, that? I deleted it. It screamed for a bit as I slowly dissected it. I think it was calling out for you to protect it. It was so sad. So, so, sad. And you sent it there."

>From whom did we borrow the badge?

> You're not sure, actually.

>"I will not let my faculties of reasoning be questioned by one who has claimed in the past to be a potato. But very well. Does the prosecution have any witnesses or experts to produce before we bring out the defendant?"

> UK shakes her head. "The only one we need to hear is the killer here."

> Force Dormio to make himself useful by brewing an infinite amount of coffee.  We're about to get Fires of Hades with smooth jazz on the prosecution, baby.

> Dormio looks at you dumbly and says something in Korean. You have no idea what, but from his glare you assume he means, "Go to hell." or something. Either that, or "I love you". You never were good at Korean.

> Despite our better judgement, ask Dormio what he thinks. He's suposed to be our partner, right? Maybe he has some advice.

> Dormio looks at you dumbly. Wait, no, that's his normal look. "I was a potato once," he says. "I can relate to the judge."
> You think he's insulted you talked down on GLaDOS for being a potato once.

> The detective is quickly replaced by NeoSerela, who takes the defendant's seat.
> "NeoSerela, Mafia Mod."
> Well, this should be interesting...

>>>>>>> C-c-c-c-c-cross examination!

> "Well, Kitten4u called me to visit her in her study, so I came..."
> "Edible showed me to her room, and one of the maids offered me something to drink but I didn't want it and Edible started yelling at her."
> "And um, then I talked to Kitten4u and fell asleep!"
> "When I woke up she was dead."

>>>>>>>>>>

> Dormio looks at you. "We're screwed."

> "The Defence may now start cross-examining," GLaDOS announces.

>_

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 03:26:08 PM »
>"So, Serela, why did Kitten4U ask you to visit her study? What were you discussing with her? What was your relationship with her prior to the visit?"
>"Did you notice any strange or suspicious characters near or in the house?"
>"Tell us more about the maid and the nature of the drink you were offered. Did you end up drinking it?"
>"You saw the VOTE handgun provided by the prosecution. It has your fingerprints on it. Have you seen this gun before?"

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Bardiche

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 03:54:47 PM »
> GLaDOS turns to you. "Since you are a novice, I will remind you to state clearly what parts need to be added to the defendant's story 'on record'. I will only consider what is 'on record', and anything 'objected' to will immediately be struck off the records." With a laugh, she adds, "Of course, you cannot object. Because I won't let you object. Would you like to object to that? Impossible."

> It looks like the judge dislikes you.

>"So, Serela, why did Kitten4U ask you to visit her study? What were you discussing with her? What was your relationship with her prior to the visit?"

> "Well, I have an idea for Psycho Plot Mafia the Extreme! For 64 players! Kitten4u was my co-mod and she looked over things for me and we were going to discuss that! Which is what we did. I think."
> Serela looks at you a bit helplessly.

>"Did you notice any strange or suspicious characters near or in the house?"

> She shakes her head.

>"Tell us more about the maid and the nature of the drink you were offered. Did you end up drinking it?"

> "Uh... I'd rather not talk about the maid! But uuhhhh!! It was tea, and I didn't drink it because Edible said not to drink it and I didn't want tea anyway!"

>"You saw the VOTE handgun provided by the prosecution. It has your fingerprints on it. Have you seen this gun before?"

> Serela nods vigourously. "Of course! That's my gun. I brought it with me to see Kitten4u."

> UK smirks.

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 04:18:39 PM »
> Glare at Dormio for not bringing us coffee we can slip some brandy into.
> Press. "Serela, did something happen with the maid before you entered Kitten4u's room? Was she taking the tea to Kitten4u? We need you to tell us everything."
> "Did you have anything to drink while you were there? Did Kitten4u have a drink while you were talking to her?"
> "..Did you fall asleep in the middle of a conversation with her?"

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 04:35:45 PM »
> Glare at Dormio for not bringing us coffee we can slip some brandy into.

> You give Dormio the meanest glare you can. ... Is that pee you smell?

> Press. "Serela, did something happen with the maid before you entered Kitten4u's room? Was she taking the tea to Kitten4u? We need you to tell us everything."

> You press Serela's second statement.
> "Uh, well... not really. The maid just came up to offer me some tea because someone'd ordered some... Um... I forget who it was, sorry! I know they said it but I kinda forgot. And the tea was meant for Kitten4u and me."

> "Did you have anything to drink while you were there? Did Kitten4u have a drink while you were talking to her?"

> "Well, we were talking for hours, so of course we had something to drink. I think."

> "..Did you fall asleep in the middle of a conversation with her?"

> He frowns sadly. "I don't remember."

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 06:18:37 PM »
> Apply palm to forehead.
> "You think you had something to drink. Did you ever have any of the tea brought to Kitten4u? And did you see her drink any of it?"
> "Judge, please add  Edible the butler not wanting Serela to drink the tea to the testimony."

Bardiche

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 06:21:51 PM »
> Apply palm to forehead.

> You facepalm hard. That felt good.

> "You think you had something to drink. Did you ever have any of the tea brought to Kitten4u? And did you see her drink any of it?"

> Serela frowns deeply, and thinks. Then she thinks some more.
> "No," she finally says. "I had a bottle of juice I brought with me. Kitten4u drank some coffee."

> "Judge, please add  Edible the butler not wanting Serela to drink the tea to the testimony."

> GLaDOS responds, "Oh, sure. 'Judge, please add this'. Do I look like a servant to you? Do I? I do? I see. But what would you know. Do you have a degree in 'holier than thou'?" Nonetheless, the testimony has been updated.

>>>>>>>>>>

> "Edible showed me to her room, and one of the maids offered me something to drink but I didn't want it and Edible started yelling at her."
> "Edible said that the tea wasn't suitable for Kitten4u or me and that it should be taken back immediately."

>>>>>>>>>>

>_

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 06:34:32 PM »
> "Did you fire your gun at any point that night?"
> "Where was your gun when you woke up?"

Bardiche

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2011, 06:40:59 PM »
> "Did you fire your gun at any point that night?"
> "Where was your gun when you woke up?"

> Serela's face begins to beam. "Well, since it was fired, and it's mine, I guess I did!"
> This, predictably, sends the crowd in a frenzy. GLaDOS remains unperturbed. UK begins to grin so wide you have to wonder if that grin even fits on her face.

> "And um, I found it on the floor outside the room."

>_

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2011, 06:46:13 PM »
> Discover how much brandy can be slipped into a single cup of coffee.
> "What did you shoot with your VOTE? When did you fire it? and Why did you fire your VOTE?"
> "Where was your VOTE before you went to sleep?"

Bardiche

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2011, 06:50:59 PM »
> Discover how much brandy can be slipped into a single cup of coffee.

> You make a note to do so at the soonest opportunity.

> "What did you shoot with your VOTE? When did you fire it? and Why did you fire your VOTE?"
> "Where was your VOTE before you went to sleep?"

> Serela frowns unhappily. "I don't know!"

> UK finally stomps on her table. "Enough! We've already had the defendant confess they shot the gun. And the gun was proven to have shot Kitten4u dead. Now then, we're done, aren't we?"

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2011, 06:58:47 PM »
> Point our finger dramatically. "OBJECTION. The defendant can't remember firing the gun, and no proof has been presented that Kitten4u was killed by the gun, only that she was shot. The court needs to see the details of the victim's autopsy."
> "There is another contradiction. Serela, the door is unlockable from the outside. Only someone already in the room can have brought the gun outside. Did anyone enter the room while you were inside with Kitten4u?"

Bardiche

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2011, 07:03:39 PM »
> Point our finger dramatically. "OBJECTION. The defendant can't remember firing the gun, and no proof has been presented that Kitten4u was killed by the gun, only that she was shot. The court needs to see the details of the victim's autopsy."

> GLaDOS whirrs gleefully. "I thought I told you I won't let you object. Did you forget? I'm sure you forgot. Objection overruled. Wait a moment. That objection makes sense. A surprising amount of sense. I may need to update my opinion of you. There, it's updated. You are no longer Wheatly tier. Objectioned sustained."

> UK grits her teeth. "Ugh, you're all idiots. Serela is scum, it's obvious." Still, she does have to present evidence, and so the victim's autopsy report is presented. It has been added to the Case Files.

> "There is another contradiction. Serela, the door is unlockable from the outside. Only someone already in the room can have brought the gun outside. Did anyone enter the room while you were inside with Kitten4u?"

> "Um," Serela raises his hand. Like he's in class. Beside you, you can hear Dormio banging his head against the table. "I don't think I brought the gun in with me, actually..."

>_

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 07:04:13 PM »
(Ahaha I broke it)

> The door was locked from the inside, How did the Maid/Butler get in to present tea?

Bardiche

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2011, 07:05:44 PM »
(Ahaha I broke it)

> The door was locked from the inside, How did the Maid/Butler get in to present tea?

> Serela looks at you as if you're stupid. Serela. You feel like an idiot.
> "They didn't? I was presented with the tea before I entered the room."

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 07:07:53 PM »
> Keep up the TOWNIE MOTIVATION. You can do this! You practiced all night! ;-;
> Read the autopsy report.
> "Judge, please add Serela's statement about not bring the gun with him to the testimony. This is very vital."

Bardiche

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2011, 07:20:30 PM »
> Keep up the TOWNIE MOTIVATION. You can do this! You practiced all night! ;-;

> There is a time and place for everyone to be scummy. Now is not that time and place!

> Read the autopsy report.

> Time to read up again.

> Autopsy Report
> Estimated Time of Death: Between 10PM and 12AM.
> Cause of death: single bullet shot through the brain. Object entered through the back of the head and left the body through the eye. Death was instantaneous.

> "Judge, please add Serela's statement about not bring the gun with him to the testimony. This is very vital."

> GLaDOS whirrs again. Man, she loves whirring. Then slow claps. "This is very vital, she says. Oh, good. We have Captain Obvious here. Perhaps I should demote you again."
> And it's added.

>>>>>>

> "Edible said that the tea wasn't suitable for Kitten4u or me and that it should be taken back immediately."
> "I don't think I brought the gun in with me, actually... I found it outside, on the floor."

>>>>>>>

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2011, 07:38:13 PM »
> Press. "Serela, where did you leave the gun?"

Bardiche

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2011, 07:42:19 PM »
> Press. "Serela, where did you leave the gun?"

> "W, well, it was confiscated. I was arrested just moments after leaving the room!" He almost wails now.

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2011, 07:47:03 PM »
> Glance curiously at UK as we Press. "So the police were waiting for you outside the room? Did they see you pick up the gun?"

Bardiche

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2011, 07:49:35 PM »
> Glance curiously at UK as we Press. "So the police were waiting for you outside the room? Did they see you pick up the gun?"

> "W, well, they came shortly after I picked up the gun..."

> "They got a call," UK clarifies. "At exactly 10.13 PM, they were called by the Head Butler Edible that he had heard the sounds of shooting, and the police were dispatched. They apprehended Serela holding a gun at exactly 10.44 PM and found the dead body moments before arresting Serela."
> You make a note of this.
> Note added to Court Records.

> Remember that you can declare when you're done at any time.

>_

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2011, 07:55:06 PM »
> "Objection!"
> "Edible heard the gun shot at 10:13, but you claim to have not waken up until almost immediately before the police entered the house. It would have been impossible for you to sleep through a gun shot that occured only feet away from you."

Bardiche

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2011, 08:07:44 PM »
> "Objection!"
> "Edible heard the gun shot at 10:13, but you claim to have not waken up until almost immediately before the police entered the house. It would have been impossible for you to sleep through a gun shot that occured only feet away from you."

> GLaDOS deploys music anew.

> Then the music suddenly stops.

> "Arguing your witness was awake for the killing gunshot would be arguing against yourself," GLaDOS notes. "Once more, Miss Attorney, and it will be taken as admitting to your defendant's guilt. Oh, I just thought of something. If your defendant is guilty, I will kill you for wasting this court's time."
> A new law has been passed: attorneys who fail to win a case are hanged for contempt of court.

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2011, 08:11:15 PM »
> Quiver inside. Why did Bard do this to us? "Oh. Uhm, right. Serela, what I mean is, where did you leave the gun before entering Kitten4u's room? Did the staff ask you to leave it outside?"

Bardiche

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2011, 08:14:13 PM »
> Quiver inside. Why did Bard do this to us?

> To be fair, he never did claim he was a nice person. And that he hated you.

"Oh. Uhm, right. Serela, what I mean is, where did you leave the gun before entering Kitten4u's room? Did the staff ask you to leave it outside?"

> Serela's face lights up again. "Nope! I think I left it in my coat when I got there."

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2011, 08:17:48 PM »
> Beam proudly. We can DO THIS! Point our finger dramatically! "We are done here. Since the gun was left outside the room...." Slap your hand with some random papers... Slam the desk, then point and shout, just like your hero.. "IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SERELA IS NOT THE MURDERER!"

Bardiche

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2011, 08:21:15 PM »
> Beam proudly. We can DO THIS! Point our finger dramatically! "We are done here. Since the gun was left outside the room...." Slap your hand with some random papers... Slam the desk, then point and shout, just like your hero.. "IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SERELA IS NOT THE MURDERER!"

> GLaDOS slowclaps in response. "You just realised that?"

> With a sigh, GLaDOS continues, "Because the defence wants to struggle on to prove us wrong, this court won't find the defendant guilty. Yet. Even if he is guilty. But procedures demand we permit the defence one day, ONE DAY, to gather evidence to argue their right."

> Court recedes, with UK sending some evil glares at you a few times.

> You are back in the lobby. Dormio and Serela look at you like you're a hero.
> "That was awesome!" Serela beams. "We won, right? I won't die, right? Oh, I know you're--" Serpentarius interrupts Serela by dragging him off to the detention centre.

> Well then. That leaves you in the lobby. With Dormio.

> You can now visit the Shadoweh Agency, Detention Centre and Kitten4u's Mansion.

>_

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2011, 08:27:36 PM »
> Tie Dormio to the defendant's lobby until he learns to generate mugs of steaming hot coffee.

> Time to visit the Shadoweh Agency!