Author Topic: Perfect/Butler Quest, Part II: What it Means to Protect  (Read 118334 times)

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Perfect Butler Quest
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2011, 12:39:19 AM »
> How long 'til Friday?
>Freaking English.  We really are in no mood to study.   The test will be a major headache.  Anyone we know good with :wikipedia: ? 

>It's Monday night. Total pain in the ass...why the hell does anyone study the Iliad these days? You grumble as you pull the doorstopper out of your bag. Sometimes you wish the phrase 'hit the books' was more literal.
>...
>The book slams shut. You can't read this kind of stuff when you're distracted by what's going on with your life...jesus.

>Monsters every few weeks. Strange, ditzy, magical transfer student. Time stopping abilities you didn't know you had. Strange, quiet, stoic and not to mention demonic freeloader sleeping just down the hall. And above all that, some sort of strange group of psychotic voices speaking to you, one of which is supposed to be an ancestor? Gah...this is like some strange genderbent magical girl anime.

>Knowledge that doesn't really seem to be yours is now safely nestled within your mind. A menagerie of new abilities are available to you know.

>You lazily throw a knife at the dartboard across the room...and watch with vague intrigue as a grainy grey copy of it follows the exact same path exactly 2 seconds later, displacing the initial knife before disappearing. That's the first...Time Clones. You're now able to make time repeat itself, but if a time clone is hurt...then the original is as well. The new scratch on the knife's handle is a testament to that.

>Next would be...Time Skip. The world suddenly becomes a sort of rapid slide show...near instantaneous halting and resuming of time that, while not affecting you particularly much, means you move effectively twice as fast. You can use it for twice as long as your normal Time Stop, but the cooldown is shared.

>Finally...Time Freeze. A flick of your wrist sends a knife out, which hits an innocent tissue box on your desk, nearly tipping it over...then both freeze in gray scale. By imbuing your power inside an object, you can cause it to freeze itself and whatever it hits in time for 5 seconds. The tissue box and knife fall over on their side after their relative time resumes.

>All foreign abilities. Ahhh, it's all too much of a pain.

>Suddenly The Iliad seems a lot less headache inducing.

>Academics Value +1! (5/10)
>English Value +1! (2/7)

>...

>The week passes with your studying going well. You manage to write a good amount during the test; you're confident in the score.

>...

>The day arrives. It's time for that 'investigation' you and Natalie planned; time to find out why the Phantasms are abducting humans. Dayna's lingering around town; apparently she wants to be there in case something happens. You've followed Natalie outside of city boundaries already. She's following some sparkling trail of dust you can barely see. Makes you appreciate having someone experienced around.

>"Well...the tremors of mana are coming from two directions now, and the trail forks similarly. There's one," she points out a trail leading to a lake, popular for camping. "And there's the other." That's the path to a camping zone, extremely close to a system of caves. You tsk in irritation; underground trekking or possible underwater hijinx. Neither sounds fun. "I think the lake seems more promisin', really. You?"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 02:42:50 AM by Amraphenson »
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2011, 02:16:25 AM »
> Wonder how Natalie suddenly became Lily.
> "Well at least it beats roaming around in the dark."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2011, 02:44:06 AM »
> Wonder how Natalie suddenly became Lily.
> "Well at least it beats roaming around in the dark."
><_< >_> <_<

>"Seems so. How 'bout we split up then? You want tha caves or the lake?"
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2011, 12:43:14 PM »
> "I'll take the lake.  Be careful though."

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2011, 02:12:56 PM »
>"Yes, your eyesight and sense of direction seem to be better anyway."

Don't lynch me.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2011, 04:26:29 AM »
> "I'll take the lake.  Be careful though."
>"Yes, your eyesight and sense of direction seem to be better anyway."

>"Sure thing then! 'member to use the walky talkies if somethin' goes wrong, Mac."
>You nod as the two of you seperate.
>Offhandedly, you realize that sending off someone who uses a 5 foot long sword to somewhere that involves narrow, cramped quarters might not be such a good idea...wait, Natalie knows how to half-sword. That gauntlet she was wearing on her left arm was probably for that...Okay, she'll be fine.
>You follow what little you can see of that dust-like trail, hoping it doesn't up and disappear out of nowhere.

>It's a nice, scenic walk to the lake.

>The path splits up again. The left leads to the lake itself, and the right leads to the campsite that's adjacent. The path seems a bit stronger over in the campsite, but somehow you feel the lake might end up having what you want...
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2011, 01:58:39 PM »
> No harm in checking the campsite first anyway.  Right?

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »
> No harm in checking the campsite first anyway.  Right?

>You shrug and head off in the direction of the campsite. You've never really liked deep waters very much...
>...Eerie. There's usually at least one or two families on the weekends. But right now...it's completely abandoned. A chill wind, colder than the time of year should suggest, flows through the area. Even from how far away you are, you can tell some of the tables have been overturned, as if someone had rushed past in a panic.

>You narrow your eyes as something catches your attention. A large, black van is parked off some ways off; it's exactly like those cliche kind of investigation vans you see on television. Tracks lead away from the van and towards the campsite.

>It's a fairly simple campsite, once you get closer. Several picnic tables (about 3 of them on their side, and one completely upside down), fire pits (one of which is still smoking), and a few mobile homes that are available for renting out at...somewhere. You forget where exactly.

>But it's strangely...quiet. Silent. Altogether too quiet.

>The magic trail leads to the mobile homes, but you feel a strange curiosity about what the owners of that black van were up to.
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »
> Check the van, using time stop powers if necessary.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
> Check the van, using time stop powers if necessary.

>You head back to the van, knife in hand.

>It's made of sturdy stuff. The windshield is most certainly bullet proof, and the windows seem to be so as well. Both are tinted to the point you can't see inside at all.
>The back doors are locked.
>You get the feeling that the tires are slash proof as well.

>There aren't a whole of of things that really give away anything...wait. Something catches your eye.
>You follow the tracks that lead away from the van. Something glinted in the corner of your vision...ah.
>It's a bullet casing. Judging from the shape...some kind of rifle? It seems pretty large.
>There are more casings nearby it.
>It does smell a bit like something's been burning...is this the smell of gunfire? You didn't really get a chance to smell it clearly with the Doctor's shotgun...
>The trail leads to the mobile homes...no mistaking it.
>Your fears are confirmed. There's blood along the path...and it splits up? The tracks split off, some leading to the direction of the lake while two sets lead to the closest mobile home. It's those two that have left behind the blood...

>"W-who's there?! S-show yourself!"
>The sound of a gun being readied is all too loud in your ears.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 11:43:49 PM by Amraphenson »
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2011, 11:34:23 PM »
> Can we discern where the sound came from?  If so, time stop and incapacitate the bastard.

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2011, 01:21:12 AM »
> Instead of incapacitate the bastard, Disarm him, and interrogate him for information.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2011, 01:48:28 AM »
> Can we discern where the sound came from?  If so, time stop and incapacitate the bastard.
> Instead of incapacitate the bastard, Disarm him, and interrogate him for information.

>You turn your head ever so slightly to the side.
>In the corner of your vision is the source of the sound. He's peaking out from inside the mobile home; the barrel of a rifle is pointed directly at you. From what you can see...typical soldier? Vest, helmet, everything.

>"I don't want to hurt you...," you call out in a calming tone.
>Time stops.

>You immediately rush into action. A dead sprint. A straight kick to the door to slam it open. Yank the rifle away, throw it to the side. You notice that he has a wounded friend in the corner of the trailer who's also holding a rifle.

>A swift kick to the gut follows. You topple the soldier to the floor and keep your knife menacingly close to his neck while your other hand flicks out and throws three knives at the other soldier.

>Time
resumes.

>The first soldier lets out a gasp of surprise and agony while he crumples to the floor. Your three projectiles lodge themselves into the wall around the second soldier, freezing him in place.

>"...because if I did, you'd both be dead. Now tell me what's going on."

>Your captive tries to struggle below you, but you throw a knee roughly into his floating rib, stifling the attempt. "Damn it!" he hacks out.
>"...cut it out, Private," calls out the second soldier. Apparently he's the superior? "...what do you want to know?"
>The 'Private' grumbles unintelligibly.
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2011, 08:31:25 PM »
> "Well it'd be nice to know what the hell happened here."

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2011, 02:39:16 AM »
> "Well it'd be nice to know what the hell happened here."

>He seems to think about it for a moment, as if wondering what to say. Then he sighs and sets aside his gun. (Awkwardly, you might add. Your knives kind of restrict his movement) "We're part of a government task force dedicated to supernatural phenomena. We had a tip that something creepy was going down here, so we decided to investigate. Then we got ambushed by some crazy girl who threw more ice around than you'd find at a antarctic statue display. Said she was looking for her 'sister' or something."

>Throwing ice around? Looking for her sister? That's...weird. You don't recall anything you've fought before having elemental powers.
>Your captive grumbles under you. "I really don't think we should be telling him this, Captain..."
>'Captain' shakes his head. "Doesn't really matter. He has us both hostage, private. I don't want neither of us dying on this stupid mission, even if it actually did come up with something this time."

>He gives you a deep, penetrating look. "Look kid, you can't be much older than 18. But you're part of this...you're one of the spookies, as we call 'em. You can probably save them. The rest of my squad ran off to the lake. I called in another group for backup, but god knows what good that'll do. Please...save them. They're my men, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if they ended up biting it while I'm doped up in this damned trailer."
>"Captain McHarl..."

>...It's a hairy situation. With your status as an American citizen and a minor, they probably have the right to take you in for research. Cat's out of the bag, and you don't have any parents to save you. Even if you save these soldiers, there's no guarantee that you'll come out of it alive and unharmed, and there's definitely no guarantee that they won't dissect you for the sake of science. You're pretty sure that the Captain won't make any promises about that; he seems really dutiful.

>On the other hand, human lives are at stake here...and that's something you've always valued. Every single life has a purpose, and you're not one to just let them be squandered. There's the soldiers being attacked, and then there's the mysterious ice lady...neither deserve to die yet, as far as you know.

>You feel that chronic hero syndrome creeping up again.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:46:30 AM by Amraphenson »
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2011, 01:34:15 PM »
> "Alright.  I'll help you and honestly, the only reason I'm holding you two hostage is that I thought you were up to something suspicious, but it seems like you're more or less in the same boat as I am.  First I've heard of an ice girl though..."
> How's our ability recharge?

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2011, 11:21:28 PM »
> "Alright.  I'll help you and honestly, the only reason I'm holding you two hostage is that I thought you were up to something suspicious, but it seems like you're more or less in the same boat as I am.  First I've heard of an ice girl though..."
> How's our ability recharge?

>The captain lets out a sigh of relief.
>You close your eyes and picture your internal timer...it's changed from a mechanical looking clock to an old, weathered, but well taken care of pocket watch.
>...By the time you reach the lake to help out, you'll be at full capacity. Time to roll.

>"I'll be heading out now."
>"If you find my squad, kid, tell them 'Huck Finn.' And don't die."
>You nod. "And...uh...sorry," you apologize to your former captive. He shakes his head.
>" 's cool. Kick ass for us, kiddo."

>You rush as fast as you can to the lake. Ah...your blood is rushing. Somehow the thought of a fight excites you~
>The forest path clears out to an opening...and the lake. It's cold...far colder than it should be.

>A high, feminine voice fills your ears. "Useless maggots like you should just die!"
>You see it. The girl, floating in the air as if held up by some invisible force. Ice covering the ground in a thin film of winter. Four soldiers, wounded and tired...and in the path of a countless number of falling icicles.

>"Play time's over!"
>Need I say it? Time halts.
>Your feet are a blur. Knives flick out of their holsters at an unreal speed. Time clones will follow them soon after. Each knife is aimed to intercept, each to defend...your dagger streaks through the chill air like a vengeful wraith. With how your powers work...this will do it.
>You slow down to a walk and flick your knife to the side.

>"Now it's time to fight."

>Slash after slash. Knife after knife. Flying together like an angry swarm of hornets, it's a perfect defense. Each and every icicle is shattered or sliced into useless shards.
>All five of them stare at you, four in awe and one in anger.
>You meet the eyes of the ice wielding girl...an eerie blue, and hair of near white.
>"Damned humans...you all should just get out of my way!" she snarls, forming more ice by her side. Judging by her gestures...seems she needs her hands.
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2011, 11:35:25 PM »
> Do we have any extra charge?
> If not, play the dodging game.
> If so, go for the hands.
> Inventory.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2011, 12:53:26 AM »
> Do we have any extra charge?
> If not, play the dodging game.
> If so, go for the hands.
> Inventory.

>You're out of time. Literally. It'll be another minute until you regain access to your powers; using Time Clones in the middle of Time Stop results in an increased cooldown.
>This is going to be a fun minute...

>All you have left is your one fighting dagger.

>With only a flick of her fingers as a warning, the shifting frost descends in a deadly hail.
>Your knife lashes and slashes out in a blur while you dodge the attack. It's definitely dense...but you've been getting better at this. A lot better at this. It's almost a trivial task, finding the few projectiles that actually have a chance at hurting you and killing them before they even reach...

>It ends in a moment. Sheer instinct is the only reason you even block it; she swooped in out of nowhere and sliced at you with a long, slender blade of ice while you were distracted by the projectile attack.
>"Hooo...? Someone who can actually put up a fight? You might be able to keep me amused for a while, human~"
>Another blade forms in her other hand. Somehow...you feel yourself grinning.

>Straight thrust to the gut...parried by a quick chop, then respond with a right hook. That's dodged and met with a slash from the left, but your knife has already flashed back to meet it and swipe at her wrist. Once she's blocked it, you make to stab at her but her leg sweeps up, carrying its own blade...!
>But it's already dodged; you throw your head back at the last moment and watch in vague fascination as a single hair is split straight down the middle.
>You recover in an instant and lunge forwards, but she's recovered as well and meets your lunge with her own. The two blades grind past each other, both of your weapons sailing past each others' head...your left hand comes through in a vicious left straight, plowing straight through to her gut, then the pommel of your knife slams into the side of her head.
>She gasps in pain, and you think for a moment that it's over...but she grits her teeth and spins violently with countless icy blades sprouting from her form; you're forced to leap back to dodge.

>The ice wielder narrows her eyes at you...then forms her ice into a long, deadly lance.
>Once. Twice. Three times she makes the spear's head dart at your own head with fatal speed, and three times you swat it away with your knife. But each time attempt to close the distance, she brandishes its honed edge and forces you away. Troublesome...
>Both of you dance back and forth, prodding defenses until you find the inevitable opening...but you've played this game before. You wait, and wait...all you have to do is find that opening, or wait until the timer ticks down...
>She overshoots a stab, and in a burst of adrenaline you grab the spear's shaft with your free hand and slash out violently with your dagger. She wrests the weapon away from your grip and awkwardly blocks, destroying the weapon while managing to ensure her own safety. As she hops backwards to make space, you smirk as the final seconds before you end this drain away...

>Pain shoots up your arm. Cold, sharp pain. You only just notice that she's in front of you...and she's stabbed you.
>Too fast. Suddenly she's too fast for you to respond. You can barely defend, barely even gather your wits together fast enough to even reach out to Time...dammit, you're still too weak after all?!

>...no. You were never too weak. You're weak enough...weak enough to see what's really there!
>She slices at your eyes, but you've already seen through that ruse! The weakness in her attack...it's too fast, too hasty, too obvious!
>You block the attack with your knife...and then slam your fist into her other arm, which had been launching an attack at your heart. It diverts and flies past your side, and in a split second you plow straight through with a kick, sending her flying.

>This isn't over yet. Not by a long shot.
>Somehow she seems to notice this...and you feel the temperature drop immensely.

>"Tch...as fun as this is, my sister awaits...so die!" she spits through grit teeth.

>She slams her hands into the ground. Winter's very essence explodes forth in a vast lotus shape, making it impossible to approach. You backpedal as the ice formation grows larger and larger...the ground begins to freeze over, and spikes begin to surge out of the ground to strike at you. Tch...your timer clicks off the last second, but you lack an opening to use it on. And though the pain is somehow numbed, you feel yourself begin to grow dizzy from blood loss...

>Your instincts scream. Something flies out from the sidelines and slams into the impenetrable defense, exploding and shattering a hole straight through. Your eyes avert to see the wounded Captain emerging from the forest line, supported by the private while toting a newly emptied M203. "Take her out kid!" he yells.

>No need to ask twice.
>"This..."
>Time creaks to a standstill.
>You're already running. Moving. Slipping past barricade after barricade to reach the mastermind within...your fist buries itself into her gut, then your foot slams into her shin before arcing back to slam the heel into her chin. As you flip over her, using the ice girl's own shoulder as a platform, you feel a bit of nostalgia...it's just like that one Phantasm.
>You flip over in the air, foot descending into a brutal axe kick that throws her to the floor. Partially.
>The inner wrestler in you cries out in a manly scream as you leap once more into the sky and end it with a drop kick.

>"...Is over!"
>It's a sudden burst of violence that completely throws her off guard. The conflicting currents of heat and cold only just begin to reach you as she's thrown haphazardly into her own ice, groaning for a moment before slipping into unconsciousness.

>The ice around you melts away into nothing but a vague presence of power.
>You feel the warm embrace of exhaustion take over...your knees begin to give out from exertion...
>...but it feels like you've forgotten something...
>...Blonde hair...and a glimpse of cold steel...?
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #139 on: September 14, 2011, 01:10:54 AM »
> "Natalie...?"
> Pass out.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2011, 01:30:37 AM »
> "Natalie...?"
> Pass out.

>You sleep. Long and deep. Your dreams are haunted, but by what you have no clue. It's out of your reach, out of sight, always behind and never within grasp...
>The world of the waking calls, and to your consternation you're forced to answer.
>Pain. Dull pain, that of anesthetics and wounds. It's some room...spartan, but comfortable. Light filters in lazily from a window to an unknown outside.
>"Where...?" you breathe out hoarsely.

>The situation...it's familiar. Waking up in an unknown room, wounds dressed and benefactors unknown...the thoughts surge to the forefront of your mind.
>"NATALIE!" you scream out, frantically looking about as your memories are thrown aside. You...where's Natalie? What happened to her? And...and that ice girl...what happened to her?!
>A voice comes out of an intercom. "Hey, hey! You okay there?" It's familiar...the Captain's.
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2011, 08:57:34 PM »
> Deep breaths.  We gotta calm down.
> "Y-yeah.  I'm fine.  Where am I exactly?"

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #142 on: September 15, 2011, 12:23:08 AM »
> Deep breaths.  We gotta calm down.
> "Y-yeah.  I'm fine.  Where am I exactly?"

>Control. Control. The mantra fills your head. Getting all panicked now won't help anything. Breath in...breath out.
>There's a bit of static before your reply. "Well, to be honest, I'm not supposed to tell you. But we owe you a favor and all. This here's our Supernatural Study and Research complex. You're in one of the employee quarters right now."
>" 's been about two days since you saved our asses. That girl is under containment right now, but seeing as an authority on this whole supernatural hubbub popped up, we waited until you woke up before any decisions. I owe you six lives, kid."
>"I...see."

>Nothing mentioned about Natalie. A deep dread begins to grip you.
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #143 on: September 15, 2011, 12:43:38 AM »
> "Hey...  Uh was there a girl before a passed out?"

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #144 on: September 15, 2011, 01:52:44 AM »
> "Hey...  Uh was there a girl before a passed out?"

>"Besides the ice girl? No. Why?...Crap, did you have a partner investigating the cave?"
>You freeze in place.
>"Damn...kid, I'm sorry to say this, but we sent a squad there too. We haven't heard from them, and the higher ups are loathe to send another."
Sugoiiii~

ActionDan

« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2011, 04:15:29 AM »
>"Please tell me about the caves! What was there? What happened there?"

Don't lynch me.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #146 on: September 15, 2011, 04:32:45 AM »
>"Please tell me about the caves! What was there? What happened there?"

>"We had reason to believe that the missing persons were being taken there for some purpose; our investigation at the campsite was because that's where we had witnesses. Ended up being a different thing entirely, huh? Someone else went missin' last night, and we couldn't do a damn thing about it. Other than that...we have no clue."
>...yes. Last night would have been the half moon phantasm, wouldn't it?

>You feel something bubble up inside of you. It's...not quite rage. Not quite...sorrow. It's something else...certainly malevolent, but...focused. Yet undefined.
>It's almost palpable...your desire. It's desire...desire to know. Desire to understand.

>"Kid...look, I'll be right there. We'll talk in person. I sure as damn want to go in there and get my men out as much as you do, but the higher ups...they're not convinced. You've got to prove to us that you're not one of them...and that you're more than what you look like."

>The intercom clicks off.
>You get up from the bed and examine yourself. The slash wounds from before have healed over, mostly. The stab through your arm hasn't, however. It's almost entirely encased in bandages, barely even moveable. And all you feel from it is a intense haze of pain; you can barely flex the fingers.

>A knock. You don't say anything in response, but regardless the Captain lets himself in.
>He's a handsome man, probably mid to late twenties. Blonde and blue eyed, eyes which twinkle with intelligence, and a rugged appearance. He's in a tanktop and his military cargoes, plus some heavy duty boots.

>"Hey."
>"...hey."
>He notices your apathy and sighs. "I know. I...I wanna get in there too, kiddo. But...my boss needs proof."
>You narrow your eyes at him. Your internal clock resonates with a strange...excitement.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:39:57 AM by Amraphenson »
Sugoiiii~

ActionDan

« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2011, 05:44:54 AM »
>Oh, We'll give him 'proof' alright.
>"What kind of challenge do you want me to perform?"  "I'm up for ANYTHING!"

Don't lynch me.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2011, 04:39:59 PM »
>Oh, We'll give him 'proof' alright.
>"What kind of challenge do you want me to perform?"  "I'm up for ANYTHING!"

>"Well...uh..."
>Obviously he's intimidated by your sudden enthusiasm...but you smirk.
>"Fine then. I'll start."
>There's a glass of water on a desk near the bed. You drain it in a second and throw the glass at the wall. It shatters...and freezes. The Captain's eyes bug out at the image; the glass shards hang in the air for a scant few seconds, drained of all color, then fall to the ground all at once. "That's the first thing I can do. And it sure as hell ain't the last."

>"So...uh...what else-"
>You interrupt him and trigger another of your abilities. Time freezes and unfreezes with little interval between; everything slows down to half speed. Even his startled reaction is but a crawl.
>You go through several actions for the sake of demonstration. Time resumes at its normal pace.
>You lean against the wall.
>"Well?"
>He reaches up and runs a hand through his hair. "Well I'll be damned."
>"I'd show you my main power, but you can't exactly see me when time is stopped now can you?"
>"Damn son. How'd you come across that?"
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2011, 08:38:01 PM »
> Sigh.
> "I'd come across it after Natalie, the girl who who was investigating the caves, saved me one night weeks ago while I was fighting a phantasm.  Needless to say, the stuff I showed you were upgrades to my main power."