Author Topic: Need help with Touhou BGM Extractor and Touhou Hisoutensoku  (Read 7314 times)

Need help with Touhou BGM Extractor and Touhou Hisoutensoku
« on: August 01, 2011, 08:45:45 AM »
I am new to this forum, and I am a Vietnamese, so forgive me if I posted this on wrong forum, and if I had any grammar errors, please help me fix it.

I'm using Touhou BGM Extractor on Windows 7: http://smdn.jp/works/tools/ThbgmExtractor/ to extract BGM from .dat files. Currently, I've extracted all BGMs from all games ( 6 - 12.8 ) except Touhou Hisoutensoku (12.3) as WAV audio files. I already have title files for Touhou Hisoutensoku and a guide to extract BGMs on SWR as documented here: http://zeromaid.info/articles/software/extracting_the_background_music_from_touhou_scarlet_weather_rhapsody

But there is no way I can extract BGM from Touhou Hisoutensoku using the same method. So is there any other way to do it using the same tool, but still keep the extracted BGMs as WAV format?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:49:29 AM by Acellutor »

Momiji

• Cya
Re: Need help with Touhou BGM Extractor and Touhou Hisoutensoku
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 04:40:25 PM »
You have to make sure you use the utility shown in that tutorial (marked as the "tool for extracting SWT (SWR?) .dat files"), not the one used for the other Touhou games.

The big difference is that SWR/HSTS have their BGMs stored in Ogg format, already compressed, while the other games store it as uncompressed 16-bit 44.1khz PCM data (standard CD-quality WAV data).  Why would they want you to decompress the Ogg data and then recompress it into mp3 files?  That's a huge loss of quality.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 04:59:18 AM »
So that mean, if I want the best quality, I only have to extract OGG files? But how?

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 05:43:39 AM »
The Music Room program might help.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 06:26:01 AM »
The Music Room program might help.
Too bad you need an outdated version of Visual Studio for it. The stand-alone executable version of that is no longer available, unless there's alternate downloads somewhere else. I had my eye on it too, but too late, and I can't get it or get the source code to run.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »
Here's a mediafire link for those of you that are too lazy to hit the compile button.

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 04:47:31 AM »
Hm... I got the program already, but there are some small problems...
1) When I point to the game directory, it says the music is already compressed in OGG format, and if I want the best quality, I must extract them with a loop count of 1 and 0 fade duration. But the song extracted song is shorter, beside, it have no fading effect at the end (which thbgmextractor supports very well). So which option should I choose?
2) What is the proper BGM dat file for SWR/Hisoutensoku? There is two .dat file, one over 900MB and the other is under 100MB in each game folder. I know it is compressed, but not that small. And if the smaller one contains the BGM, then what is located in the bigger file?