Author Topic: Lunacy Star STG (3-stage demo released!)  (Read 3782 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Lunacy Star STG (3-stage demo released!)
« on: July 28, 2011, 02:06:03 PM »
Um, the old thread was locked, so I was unsure whether to ask some admin to unlock it so I can update it or to post a new topic.
Regardless, I have completed three whole stages for the Lunacy Star project, with the remainder in tow.

The readme file contains some points that are worth knowing, such as the mysterious unexplained lag time before starting the game, ending the game, and after submitting the high score.
Don't mod the savefile, either. The game will crash.

v0.5 Screenshots
http://i.imgur.com/7yScx.png
http://i.imgur.com/AqPQt.png
http://i.imgur.com/UIbL8.png
http://i.imgur.com/EmLML.png

You can download the trial here.

Have fun :3

High Scores lol who would
(Because GM is a much less efficient engine than C [which Touhou is in], the cutoff slowdown precentage would be 10%.)

Calm Mode

Gear B
1- AndrewFM     - 19,978,590-   C- 0.10%- Replay

Hydra A
1- Mister Sanity- 19,141,690-   C- 3.85%- Screenshot

Standard Mode

Gear A
1- Mister Sanity- 37,001,600-   C- 4.20%- Screenshot
2- HAL          -  2,521,520-  2B- 3.88%- Screenshot

Lunacy Mode

Gear B
1- Mister Sanity- 34,810,090-  3B- 6.05%- Screenshot
[/font]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:31:17 AM by Chisou Taizen »

Re: Lunacy Star STG (3-stage demo released!)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 11:29:28 PM »
I gave this game a quick try on standard mode.

I think there may be some design issues.

-The player's shots stand out too much.
-The player's craft stands out too little.
-I found the first boss' third pattern to be too hard to read. Maybe you should make the bullets bigger or add more bullets.
-The first boss' last pattern looks like a random mess.
-Stage 2 midboss' second pattern didn't make much sense to me. But maybe I'm just missing something.
-Stage 2 boss' first pattern is too easy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 11:57:35 PM »
Thank you for the comments. They'll be taken into consideration in the coming weeks of development.
The first two points can readily be corrected.
Point 3 I'm wondering about. How so?
Point 4 is just that. I' ve made a point to simplify it.
Point 5, every tactic about the boss is streaming. Except for attack 2 on easy.
For point 6, the bosses' familiars will be changed to pose more of a threat. Try it on Hard Mode ^^

How well did you do?

Some other points I'm at a loss with are the third bosses final, 3rd midboss final on Lunatic, and the entire scoring system in general.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 04:18:55 AM »
*clap* So! Glad to see everyone loves it. Yes.

Hm.

Well, I've compiled a list of additions for the upcoming 0.6.

Namely, less shit patterns, an updated music cache, bugfixes , less prominent player bullets, more balance between difficulties, nerfing Leaf Storm, nerfing homing bullets on stage portions, powering up missiles and lasers, extending like every timer present in the game, a tutorial stage, spell card practice, Stage 4, and removing a certain dev control that was accidentally left in.

Sooooo.

You can expect that within three weeks.
Thanks for all the comments.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »
Tried this out on Calm. I like this game, and want to see more of it, however there are a few things I noticed.
I can agree with the previous post about the bullets compared to the player's own and the ship. (player's ship should be a bit bigger, IMO)
Gear Axis' bomb is a bit too strong, and you could do without the flashing lifebars. If you intend to make them multicolored, you should choose a color for each segment. A third thing I noticed is you could stand to have items zoom faster at you when you're at the top of the screen, to reduce the time it takes to collect them.

Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »
Tried this out on Calm. I like this game, and want to see more of it, however there are a few things I noticed.
I can agree with the previous post about the bullets compared to the player's own and the ship. (player's ship should be a bit bigger, IMO)
Gear Axis' bomb is a bit too strong, and you could do without the flashing lifebars. If you intend to make them multicolored, you should choose a color for each segment. A third thing I noticed is you could stand to have items zoom faster at you when you're at the top of the screen, to reduce the time it takes to collect them.

All of which are completely doable!
As for the bombs, they both do about 22,000 damage (8 explosions x 20 frames x 140 damage in Gear Axis' case), given you actually hit the target with all of the explosions. This makes for an instant termination of most boss attacks, and for the ones that don't, pretty close.
The lifebars were originally solid colors. I added flashiness because I thought it looked cool.
At the very least, it can be included under "misc. options."
I agree about the items, as well.
I've encountered some deal where going into the POC and then going out of it causes items to only come close to you and then fall back out of the screen >:(

Thank you for playing it.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 11:02:02 AM »
Hey, this game's pretty cool. :D

I think the enemy explosions are a tad too flashy, though. I'd like to know what you used to make the music :3

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 11:32:25 AM »
Hey, this game's pretty cool. :D

I think the enemy explosions are a tad too flashy, though. I'd like to know what you used to make the music :3

Thanks. And that's probably the first time I've heard something about enemy explosions :P
The music was made in FL Studio.
Don't count on the packaged-in music being the final because I've already made like five new ones :3

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 11:51:15 PM »
So I've fixed a little music and added some.
Tell me what you think.

Soundtrack