Author Topic: You know what tomorrow is right?  (Read 60717 times)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: You know what tomorrow is right?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 07:21:29 PM »
And y'know, we could move some of the older and more innocuous threads from the real staff forum into the fake staff forum (and modify them to suit our ends), just to add to the effect.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 07:41:41 PM »
Weird, the logo with the purple stripe on top is still showing in RPG. Even a hard refresh didn't make the current fixed one display.

EDIT: RPG logo link is still the old URL, which explains why a hard refresh did nothing.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 07:44:56 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 03:23:48 PM »
Mass name and avatar changes. Or somehow invalidate everyone's logins :V

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 04:20:31 PM »
Mass name and avatar changes. Or somehow invalidate everyone's logins :V

Alternatives that don't involve elaborate things I have to do. =|

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 04:24:11 PM »
Really not going with autoloading background music? I recommend Kool & The Gang's "Celebration".

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 04:47:34 PM »
Alternatives that don't involve elaborate things I have to do. =|

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 04:56:38 PM »
How about just a nice little stickied thread gushing about how much you love this site and the community, may the next year be even better, etc?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 05:39:10 PM »
But I hate everyone :(

Tengukami

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2010, 05:39:45 PM »
I didn't say you have to mean it.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2010, 05:40:12 PM »
BV

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2010, 05:41:39 PM »
Do the fake modboard thing.  Move a few legit threads (mostly stuff like ban threads etc) into it, but intersparse ridiculous threads about torturing users and things like that.  Or even just make it look like we care far more about nanoha and stuff than about the site :V I'll fake dates on the threads when I get home.

Then I'll see if I can at least get a dev blog up.  I just dunno what else I'll get done by the end of the day, I am completely exhausted.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 05:58:35 PM »
Do the fake modboard thing.  Move a few legit threads (mostly stuff like ban threads etc) into it, but intersperse ridiculous threads about torturing users and things like that.  Or even just make it look like we care far more about nanoha and stuff than about the site :V I'll fake dates on the threads when I get home.

Yessssssss. >:D

TSO, get some sleep if you need it that badly.

In the meanwhile:  Matsuri, Ammy, and whoever is willing to help: We should have at least one ridiculous powerlevels thread between all of us. And Matsy especially, I need you to help fangirl with me over shoujo anime. And there should be a thread about how moderation reports are a pain and no one wants to answer them. How does that sound?

Tengukami

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2010, 06:01:42 PM »

In the meanwhile:  Matsuri, Ammy, and whoever is willing to help: We should have at least one ridiculous powerlevels thread between all of us. And Matsy especially, I need you to help fangirl with me over shoujo anime. And there should be a thread about how moderation reports are a pain and no one wants to answer them. How does that sound?

Sounds awesome to me. I do think we should also talk about the MotK Second Life world and all the fun fun fun we have there, far away from the serfs in the user base.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2010, 06:02:12 PM »

I'd get fired though :(

I was up until 4am two days in a row and then yesterday I had to wake up at 4am to take my dad to work.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:04:15 PM by ♪ Yagami Hayate ♫ »

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2010, 06:08:07 PM »
I'd get fired though :(

Then take a catnap or do something relaxing even while you're at work. Just don't stress out if you're feeling that under-the-weather. :(

I (or Kilga or Edible or whatever) will make a fake Mod Board with a legit-sounding title like Staff Forum-- or if we're going with the Nanoha theme, Time-Space Administration Bureau. For now, it'll be hidden from view, and probably with the same modification that RPG has for its users and how they can't be seen in threads, in order to maintain plausible deniability ("The glitch is spreading, but no one can see this board so we're cool"). I'll leave the individual thread-moving to the SJs and such, but be sure to not release any sensitive information. And in the meanwhile, Pesco, start up a Moderator Mafia or something, and let's make this new board look as crazy as can be~

Matsuri

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2010, 06:11:45 PM »
And Matsy especially, I need you to help fangirl with me over shoujo anime. And there should be a thread about how moderation reports are a pain and no one wants to answer them. How does that sound?

Why, I'd love to. :3

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2010, 06:17:50 PM »
TSAB board made, I'll leave the ensuing lunacy to y'all while I dash off.

Man this is gonna be so awesome >:D

Matsuri

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2010, 06:21:44 PM »
Janitors, assemble!

What threads should we move to the TSAB?

Tengukami

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »
Can we start starting threads there? I have two lined up.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 06:30:37 PM »
Then take a catnap or do something relaxing even while you're at work. Just don't stress out if you're feeling that under-the-weather. :(

I work phone support, not an option :V

I (or Kilga or Edible or whatever) will make a fake Mod Board with a legit-sounding title like Staff Forum-- or if we're going with the Nanoha theme, Time-Space Administration Bureau. For now, it'll be hidden from view, and probably with the same modification that RPG has for its users and how they can't be seen in threads, in order to maintain plausible deniability ("The glitch is spreading, but no one can see this board so we're cool"). I'll leave the individual thread-moving to the SJs and such, but be sure to not release any sensitive information. And in the meanwhile, Pesco, start up a Moderator Mafia or something, and let's make this new board look as crazy as can be~

Works for me.  Maybe even throw in a "TSO is not here and I broke something, what do I do???"

Use the testing board btw.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 08:44:08 PM by Black★Ruro Shooter »

Matsuri

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 06:32:45 PM »
Can we start starting threads there? I have two lined up.

According to the admin panel, only we can see it, so I say 'go ahead'.

We can tweak anything we need to before revealing it.

I think I'm gonna hijack the Nanohababble part of this thread and make it a thread in and of itself and post it in there, too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 08:44:22 PM by Black★Ruro Shooter »

Tengukami

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 06:43:32 PM »
Maybe even throw in a "TSO is not here and I broke something, what do I do???"

Oh god I laughed so hard. I can't wait to see this one.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 06:48:16 PM »
Are you going to be modifying time stamps and whatnot?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 06:51:02 PM »
Are you going to be modifying time stamps and whatnot?

I can, just give me a list of posts and desired times and I'll work on it when I can.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 06:52:28 PM »
List of posts would be pretty much everything we're making specifically for that new forum (i.e. nothing we're moving over). Bumping the sticky about IP bans back a couple of months would be good, for example.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2010, 06:53:25 PM »
List of posts would be pretty much everything we're making specifically for that new forum (i.e. nothing we're moving over). Bumping the sticky about IP bans back a couple of months would be good, for example.

Links so I can pull the topic id out of the link with minimal effort =P

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2010, 07:01:34 PM »
Okay now I really have to run off to class augh I'll leave the rest to you all D:

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2010, 07:09:21 PM »
I would actually not change the time stamp on the Search topic much, if at all. The rest of them...I have to get to work so I can't give you a detailed list just yet, sorry.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2010, 07:20:09 PM »
lollll mats got gmod because of being ruro's lover :o :o :o or is that too over the top

Feel free to delete that if you think it's too ridiculous lol.