Author Topic: There is no escape. <3  (Read 63292 times)

Gpop

Re: There is no escape. <3
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2009, 02:10:43 PM »
That's strange... when I first joined here I never got any of that...

That's because you're everyone else's punching bag.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2009, 02:16:44 PM »
Oh my god sorry I had to leave the channel so early yesterday. Insulting Christianity in front of mom isn't the BEST idea.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2009, 02:21:27 PM »
That's because you're everyone else's punching bag.

Kuu... That hurts.

Oh my god sorry I had to leave the channel so early yesterday. Insulting Christianity in front of mom isn't the BEST idea.

You sure you have bad opinions or are your parents just closed-minded? >_>?

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2009, 02:29:14 PM »
Fundies.

Texas.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2009, 02:45:12 PM »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2009, 03:33:56 PM »
I was fighting Stage 5 Yuka and this happens...

Anyone seen this bug before?

It's annoying and distracting.

I got out of that battle with 0 lives and lost at the yellow rings at the end of the stage. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 03:40:14 PM by Kangetu Musaka »

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2009, 04:43:06 PM »
Reality shat on itself. That's how.
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2009, 05:59:01 PM »
I was fighting Stage 5 Yuka and this happens...

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o455/KirkOBob/ohwow.jpg

Anyone seen this bug before?

It's annoying and distracting.

I got out of that battle with 0 lives and lost at the yellow rings at the end of the stage. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN

Did everything by any chance make afterimages? Because if so, that's happened to me before. You think it's bad on Yuka? Think what happens when it happens on Elly with her boomerang scythe or Mugetu.

EDIT: Welcome back SodiumPeroxide! :D

YOU JUST OVERRIDED MY EDIT.

:P
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 06:23:15 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »
You two are both on Shrinemaiden but not the channel? >=[

lolKanako

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2009, 06:46:58 PM »
You two are both on Shrinemaiden but not the channel? >=[
The channel? You mean IRC?

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2009, 06:49:31 PM »

Allow me to do it for you then:

The argument that your God allows bad things to happen to good people on the basis that it delegates "free will" to humans is contradicting.  One of the defining qualities of God is that it is omniscient.  If God is omniscient, then free will is an illusion.  If God is fully aware of everyone's past, present, and future, then the concept of free will is nonexistent as everyone's path is predetermined based on the knowledge that God knows what you will do, and how your decisions and events will unfold before they occur.  Ergo, either free will doesn't exist, or God is not all powerful.

For a more philisophical rebuttal to the free will debate:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Ah making fun of religion is fun!  :D

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2009, 06:52:16 PM »
Been saving this link for occasion like this.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/Juro_album/Random/bible_fiction1.jpg

nintendonut888

« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2009, 07:13:04 PM »
I love questioning other people's religions. I once reasoned with someone "How do you know Buddhism isn't the right religion? What makes your religion the right one?" and the guy answered "Because Buddha is fat."

>_>
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »
I think it's funny when people think Shiva is a girl.

It has to be the most common mistake I've ever seen regarding peoples' understandings of different religions.

Greyn

• Berninghousn
« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2009, 07:21:49 PM »
I love questioning other people's religions. I once reasoned with someone "How do you know Buddhism isn't the right religion? What makes your religion the right one?" and the guy answered "Because Buddha is fat."

>_>

Buddhism's foundation is in philosophy, not mysticism.  The lack of belief in a God is what makes Buddhism more right and every other religion that does believe in a God absolutely wrong.

Easy Mode

« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »
Buddhism's foundation is in philosophy, not mysticism.  The lack of belief in a God is what makes Buddhism more right and every other religion that does believe in a God absolutely wrong.

Mormons.
You try telling that to them. They'll skin you alive, then serve you with green jello and fry sauce.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2009, 08:00:58 PM »
HEY DONUT RURO IS IN THE CHANNEL GET IN THERE NOW

I DON'T NEED ANY MORE STALKERS THANK YOU VERY MUCH NAKO
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:03:24 PM by Ruremi Okazaki »

nintendonut888

« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2009, 08:23:16 PM »
You have stalkers? I thought I was the only one...

Greyn

• Berninghousn
« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2009, 08:46:41 PM »
Mormons.
You try telling that to them. They'll skin you alive, then serve you with green jello and fry sauce.

Nah, they don't really scare me.  Mormons will make like every other dead religion and pitter out in good time.

You have stalkers? I thought I was the only one...

The irony of this is Ruro wanted to participate in a coordinated effort with me to stalk you. >.>

Eye'm so clever.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:55:02 PM by Ruremi Okazaki »

nintendonut888

« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2009, 08:50:31 PM »
Hmm, that makes me wonder how your attempts to actively stalk me would pan out in this forum. :P

But yeah, I seriously do have the occasional stalker. For some reason some people actually find me attractive and show it in very inappropriate ways. Do you know what it's like to try and concentrate on a project that's due in two days with a group of girls staring at you through window blinds?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2009, 08:53:31 PM »
Mmkay, so people have been wondering how Prom + Afterprom (Hypnosis) went...

It was pretty damn awesome. Prom started at 8:00 PM, and if you know the first thing about prom you know that you're not supposed to arrive on time. So I got there at 8:45 or so, got to take some photos and hang out with some friends.

A word here: Prom is not forced social interaction. (Tickets for Prom + Afterprom = $40, how can it be forced? :V) And it is shallow. But that is the point. I have been to hell and back with these fellow students of mine for the past seven years together through IB. And we had to be deep and honest with one another, or we were going to fall apart. We have seen the darkness in one anothers' hearts, over time, and sometimes, it is a real relief to simply be able to come together and see one another in sexy, moderately overpriced clothes and be the shallow teenagers we should have been otherwise.

So yeah. Prom went really well. The IB pretty much hijacked the voting for Prom King and Queen, like we always have, but this time we actually succeeded (we've failed for the past two years). There was a whole lot of dancing, even some breakdancing, and for some reason all of the dances I had with my girlfriend ended up with grinding. Damn that girl.

Speaking of her, now that I've had a change of heart and I'm not going to the same college that she is (she's going to be off at Colorado College, I will be in Metro State), we've decided to formally split. Amicably, of course; we're still best friends. So this is fine.
Spoiler:
Besides, I happen to like her boyfriend. (Did I mention it was essentially a threesome? Not anymore, of course.)

Anyway, the night went by with a whole lot of fun. I got to tease my other best friend Stephanie's boyfriend, since he's been a homeschooled boy all his life. It was too much fun to corrupt him. And everyone just looked so damn hot. Awesome. It was also pretty hilarious when the academic top ten were dirty dancing with one another. And since this is the week before hell, when IB tests start reaching a fever pitch... we were determined to have as much fun as we could before the final plunge. And we did!

Anyway, Prom itself ended at midnight. But a good amount of people stayed for the first official Afterprom we've had in years! (As opposed to other, smaller, unofficial Afterproms.) So because we had been on the third floor of Comedy Works (a comedians' haven in Denver), we went down to the first floor, where we got to take our seats.

And there came the Hypnotist! A cheerful, funny fellow. After making us do a basic autosuggestion exercise, he invited some people from the audience to come up, promising that he would later pick a few more groups. I determined that I would come up later with my friend Lammi, who was sitting to my left, and get hypnotized, but not before seeing what he did with the first group.

After putting on some violin music (I couldn't recognize the tune), he made them do a few arm rotation exercises, then switch directions at his call. Then as he kept repeating the same thing over and over again, I whispered to Lammi the two requirements for hypnotism to work that I had learned from the Psychology class kids (and the teacher, who was there too): First, you have to believe that hypnotism works. And second, you won't be made to do anything that you wouldn't want to do anyway. Apart from that, it's largely only suggestion. (I asked for more details, and the psych teacher wanted to explain, but then I figured out that she couldn't explain without utterly confusing me, since I took Human Rights and not Psychology as an SL.)

Anyway, as he went around closing their eyes, he would tap them on the shoulder and bid them go to sleep. And they did, mostly. Then he would go around to them and tap them individually on the shoulder, saying "The person that I'm tapping on the shoulder [tap] now will wake up and every time I say the word 'Hypnosis', will jump up and say three times, 'It's fake, it's fake, it's fake!' and then fall back asleep again. They will jump up and say three times, 'It's fake, it's fake, it's fake!' and then fall back asleep again every time I say the word 'Hypnosis'." Then he would move on. (Being a literature geek, I noted the parallel sentence structure.) When he was done with everyone, he would snap his fingers, and everyone would wake up.

I mentioned to Lammi that I was curious to see the effects of hypnosis specifically on the IB students, since we're all a bunch of cynics and as such don't believe in hypnosis. As it turned out, it ended up outright not working on some of them, and some of the people on stage were indeed genuinely hypnotized, by all accounts. My friend JJ was very plainly not hypnotized, but she pretended she was by yelling "It's fake, it's fake, it's fake!" whenever the hypnotist said the word "Hypnosis". She's an actress, after all. But as the night progressed, more and more of them seemed to be, if not outright hypnotized, more and more prone to suggestions.

By and large, talking to them, they had really just been going along with what the hypnotist told them in order to make the audience laugh. Then they started to get more and more dazed, but they still were mostly in control of themselves. So no, I do not think that this hypnosis was real; it was pretty fake. I guess that's why it won't work if you don't believe in it; you must believe in it so that it will work. As such, it did work on some of them (the art teacher seemed to be particularly into it), but not all.

The reason that this report is like this is because I didn't get the chance to be hypnotized. :V When he sent them back to their seats, we realized it was 2:00 AM and that Afterprom was over. So we had to leave. Some people left to another guy's party off in Montebello, but I needed to go to a review session for our English IB test at 10:00 in the morning, so I went home, fell asleep for a few hours, went to school and practiced our Paper 2s, and have now come home to write this for you all.

Is that good enough of a report, then?

Do you know what it's like to try and concentrate on a project that's due in two days with a group of girls staring at you through window blinds?

We don't have windows, but apart from that, I do indeed know how that feels.

Greyn

• Berninghousn
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2009, 08:57:52 PM »
Hmm, that makes me wonder how your attempts to actively stalk me would pan out in this forum. :P

But yeah, I seriously do have the occasional stalker. For some reason some people actually find me attractive and show it in very inappropriate ways. Do you know what it's like to try and concentrate on a project that's due in two days with a group of girls staring at you through window blinds?

Wait, what?  I told them to be discreet about their surveillance, incompetent whelps.  They'll be getting their pay docked, the lot of 'em. 

nintendonut888

« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2009, 08:58:57 PM »
Aww, that's disappointing. :(

But you know, hypnosis is very real.

:V

:V? It's not even something that can be argued, it is real.

Prove it. Seriously.

I could go into how you enter states of hypnosis while doing stuff like driving a car, but do you want a link to a video or something?

I wouldn't believe it anyway, but you can go ahead and do so.
You mentioned hypnosis was your secret hobby or something. Tell me more.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:06:58 PM by Ruremi Okazaki »

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2009, 09:07:04 PM »
Donut. I need pics.

I will post mine if you post yours. D:

I look like I'm 10 since lulz will probably ensue.

nintendonut888

« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2009, 09:09:41 PM »
Nuh uh, I don't post pics.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2009, 09:10:17 PM »
Fine. BE THAT WAY.

and I don't either but I was just curious. You go on and on about how adorable people think you are and I want to see for myself. :P
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:12:50 PM by Kangetu Musaka »

Greyn

• Berninghousn
« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2009, 09:21:48 PM »
Fine. BE THAT WAY.

and I don't either but I was just curious. You go on and on about how adorable people think you are and I want to see for myself. :P

Donut doesn't want to expose a point of reference that would make my job easier. :V

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2009, 09:39:05 PM »
Donut, Pics now. =3 I changed my name back to SodiumPeroxide. =<

nintendonut888

« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2009, 09:40:35 PM »
No.  :P

Ask me again when you 1cc HRtP lunatic heaven route. Or something else that I doubt you'll ever do.

Or better yet, when Ruro gets SA. Your choice.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:43:02 PM by nintendonut888 »

nintendonut888

« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2009, 11:10:19 PM »
How do these all reach so many views so quickly...?

Why doesn't the companion cube emote exist anymore? =(
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:10:50 AM by Kangetu Musaka »