Author Topic: There is no escape. <3  (Read 63290 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: There is no escape. <3
« Reply #690 on: May 11, 2009, 03:11:16 AM »
Thanks for your help guys (although I still don't know the best computer for the lowest price for me). When my computer does die, I hope that I'll only be out of business for a week at the most.

But I realized...I'll finally have to move on from IE 6. D: D: D:

It won't be too bad, Donut.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #691 on: May 11, 2009, 03:16:36 AM »
I know...and by the time the computer is up and running, I'll be crying with joy at the thought of being able to come back here outside of school. With the new computer, it could probably actually handle Firefox.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

nintendonut888

« Reply #692 on: May 11, 2009, 04:19:51 AM »
So argh, I know there's absolutely nothing left to say about the computer situation, but it obviously gets to me. If/when if does die, I'll be sure to tell you guys at school.

Just think that I'm on a long honeymoon with mah hot smexy waifu Gengetsu-sama d^_______________________________________^b

God Ruro, what made you come up with that?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #693 on: May 11, 2009, 04:48:45 AM »
Actually, I think that's a copypasta template from a while back... I know I've seen it before, but with some common bishonen-or-other instead.

Anyway, I'd be typing about how awesome Anime Central was and the cool stuff I got, Touhou related and not, but I'm sleepy. Best of luck with your computer situation, though, Donut... I certainly can't help you, though.

Holy shit this CD has a remix of Kana's theme on it?!

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #694 on: May 11, 2009, 05:30:51 AM »
Mail order computers are cheap these days, online ordered my laptop and it cost me only 2k. win XP ready with Office/Word programs and shit nothing else. Perfect.

2Gb ram, dual core processor at 3ghz I think, pretty spunky I might add. at my currency coverted, that is less than 700 USD I think.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

nintendonut888

« Reply #695 on: May 11, 2009, 05:40:49 AM »
Well, I want a desktop computer, not a laptop. Any idea on a good, yet cheap desktop computer?

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #696 on: May 11, 2009, 06:04:18 AM »
I always use Acer laptops so I can't help you there.

my first desktop was an IBM.

<-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #697 on: May 11, 2009, 11:44:22 AM »
My computer broke. Sorta. The CPU looks like it got melted. It still works sorta, but the bootup is slower. Funny how this happened the same day donut's broke. =3

poxting from my wii

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #698 on: May 11, 2009, 11:48:48 AM »
Lots of PCs breaking, eh? :V

Gpop

« Reply #699 on: May 11, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »
Reminds me of that other time when my old laptop crashed, and then others followed -_-

But for PCs, I have HP here, and it's very reliable so far. No crashes/problems as of yet, even if it is supposed to be a bit worse than my laptop.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #700 on: May 11, 2009, 12:35:53 PM »
Haha, funny. My laptop is HP and I had to take it in for repairs~

nintendonut888

« Reply #701 on: May 11, 2009, 02:14:35 PM »
Wow, Ozide's computer broke too? O_O

And posting from my Wii...I never got the Internet option because it sounds like way too much effort to type anything in. Sodium, tell me, is it as long and dull as I think it is to type a sentence on the Wii?

Gpop

« Reply #702 on: May 11, 2009, 03:11:25 PM »
It is for me. Damn it you have to point to every damn letter.

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
« Reply #703 on: May 11, 2009, 03:14:21 PM »
Well, I want a desktop computer, not a laptop. Any idea on a good, yet cheap desktop computer?

You want a desktop, with, or without peripherals (Monitor + kb/m)?

AVA Direct - You can certainly find what you're looking for from there for a damn good price.  Also a very reliable company.

Reminds me of that other time when my old laptop crashed, and then others followed -_-

But for PCs, I have HP here, and it's very reliable so far. No crashes/problems as of yet, even if it is supposed to be a bit worse than my laptop.

Eww HP is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #704 on: May 11, 2009, 04:19:45 PM »
Wow, Ozide's computer broke too? O_O

And posting from my Wii...I never got the Internet option because it sounds like way too much effort to type anything in. Sodium, tell me, is it as long and dull as I think it is to type a sentence on the Wii?
It is.

I can use my computer, but it's going to die soon. Also, the CPU has to cool down if I want to turn it on after turning it off. This has actually happened before, and I had to get the motherboard and CPU replaced, but this time the computer isn't dead for some reason. Gonna get a new computer once my current one dies. I'll also have to get a new printer(probably won't have the right port on a new computer) and monitor(need a new one, current one sucks). Gonna back up touhou and stuff onto CDs.

posting from school =3

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #705 on: May 11, 2009, 05:16:05 PM »
Just think that I'm on a long honeymoon with mah hot smexy waifu Gengetsu-sama d^_______________________________________^b

God Ruro, what made you come up with that?

Omg hai ^___^ I?m Mogssu-san and I absolutely luuuv @_____@ anime <3 and my fav is naurto!!! Okies so anyways, im going to tell you about the BEST day of my life when I met my hot husband sasuke!! <333333333 OMFGZ HE WAS SOOOOO FREAKIN KAWAII IN PERSON!!! Supa kawaii desu!!!!!!!! ^______________________________________^

When I walked onto Tokyo street =^____^=I looked up and saw?SASUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333!!!! ? KONNICHIWA OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ SUPA SUPA SUPA KAWAII SASUKE-SAMA!!!!!? I yelled n____n then he turned chibi then un-chibi!! he looked at me [O.O;;;;;;;;;;;] and then he saw how hot I am *___* he grabbed my hand and winked ~_^ then pulled me behind a pocky shop o_o and started to kiss me!!!!!! [OMG!!! HIS TOUNGE TASTED LIKE RAMEN!!! RLY!! >.> <.< >.< *(^O^)* *(^O^)* *(^O^)*] then I saw some baka fat bitch watching us and I could tell she was undressing him with her eyes!!!!!!! [ -_____________-;;;;; OMG I COULDN?T BELIEVE IT EITHER!!! (?_?) (?_?) (?_?)] so I yelled ?UH UH BAKA NEKO THAT?S MY MAN WHY DON?T YOU GO HOOK UP WITH NARUTO CAUSE SASUKE-SAMA LOVES ME!!! (?_?)? then sasuke held me close =^____^= and said he would only ever love me and kissed me again!!!!!!! ** (*O*)/ then we went to his apartment and banged all night long and made 42 babies and they all became ninjas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nyaaaaa!!! (^________<) ^_________________^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Yay copypasta archives. That said, this is painful to look at, isn't it?

I just got out of my IB English Paper 2 exam. I TORE IT. I AM AWESOME. I DID AMAZING ON IT OH MY GOD THIS WAS SO EASY I LOVED IT

I compared Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness to Mariama B?'s So Long a Letter (to the exclusion of our two other Africa novels, which was fine for this question) regarding reliability of narrator. It was easy. I am awesome.

I am also almost officially out of high school. Just have to pay a $7.00 fee for losing a book (which I don't mind, since it was tattered anyway and I'd love it if my teacher could get a new book with it) and finish checking out. Though I'll be coming back to school every day this week to wrap things up and graduate on the 15th.

\o/

wait i still have to rehearse my speech and finish my college class' homework fffffffff

Also, someone remind me later to taunt emka for having to study the Hardy-Weinberg population equilibrium model, because I had to do it too. ( ≖‿≖)

One last thing:

Holy shit this CD has a remix of Kana's theme on it?!

Share.

nintendonut888

« Reply #706 on: May 11, 2009, 06:31:43 PM »
You want a desktop, with, or without peripherals (Monitor + kb/m)?

AVA Direct - You can certainly find what you're looking for from there for a damn good price.  Also a very reliable company.

Eww HP is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

I'll check this out when I get home. Thanks if it's what we need.

nintendonut888

« Reply #707 on: May 11, 2009, 08:04:23 PM »
Wow, Megamari patch. I hope my computer holds out for it.

Another question while I'm here: If we bought a computer from that site, would it come with Vista installed?

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #708 on: May 11, 2009, 08:13:16 PM »

Another question while I'm here: If we bought a computer from that site, would it come with Vista installed?
If you hate Vista that much, get the Windows 7 RC1 from Microsoft, and install it onto your new computer. It'll expire some time early next year though.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #709 on: May 11, 2009, 08:16:32 PM »
Share.

...After a look, the group "kimino-museum" isn't even in the Touhou Wiki, and judging by their website, this pair of CDs (Paradigm Lost and Reincarnation (which has nothing to do with Mima)) isn't even their first. I guess they just haven't attracted much attention... Even that old trick of Googling "Album Name+Rapidshare" turned up nothing relevant. These CDs are great, though~

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #710 on: May 11, 2009, 08:17:12 PM »

wat

If it says it comes with Vista, then yes.

Greyn

• Berninghousn
« Reply #711 on: May 11, 2009, 08:41:32 PM »
The Vista problems are overrated.

Easy Mode

« Reply #712 on: May 11, 2009, 10:03:21 PM »
I missed a lot. I missed so much.
And got a sunburn on my nose. :c

nintendonut888

« Reply #713 on: May 11, 2009, 10:38:36 PM »
Actually, since we're planning on getting Windows 7, I want Vista.

Greyn

• Berninghousn
« Reply #714 on: May 11, 2009, 10:46:29 PM »
Yummy, my slaving away in the kitchen for 2 hours has now produced a dish of tasty enchiladas.  It smells wonderful, and it tastes oh so delicious.

Easy Mode

« Reply #715 on: May 11, 2009, 10:47:59 PM »
Yummy, my slaving away in the kitchen for 2 hours has now produced a dish of tasty enchiladas.  It smells wonderful, and it tastes oh so delicious.
My mom makes really good enchiladas.
Not handmade, though. Just... semi-handmade.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #716 on: May 11, 2009, 11:04:49 PM »
Actually, since we're planning on getting Windows 7, I want Vista.

Hope you enjoy convincing your parents to drop another $100+ on an OS.

nintendonut888

« Reply #717 on: May 11, 2009, 11:07:23 PM »
Well, I hear XP isn't made on new computers anymore, and as stated we don't have the XP install CD.

Also, I followed that site Greyn linked again, and I realized it doesn't actually give you the specs for any of them. ???

Although I guess as long as it isn't terrible it will play Touhou well enough.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:12:54 PM by nintendonut888 »

Greyn

• Berninghousn
« Reply #718 on: May 12, 2009, 12:42:16 AM »
Well, I hear XP isn't made on new computers anymore, and as stated we don't have the XP install CD.

Also, I followed that site Greyn linked again, and I realized it doesn't actually give you the specs for any of them. ???

Although I guess as long as it isn't terrible it will play Touhou well enough.

You're not looking hard enough, click on "Customize and Buy" to see the specs for the PC's.

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #719 on: May 12, 2009, 12:50:50 AM »
There still a bit of them offering it, the catch is to ask for one :p