Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F  (Read 245475 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2013, 11:40:43 PM »
=D
SCFH DSF to set the target and VirtualDub for recording works perfectly fine and is 100% free.  It's what I use because nothing else could record stably.

Uh, I just tried to make that work, and SCFH DSF doesn't recognize VirtualDub. Does it not work on Windows 7?

EDIT: Never mind, got it. I hope this works better than Bandicam does...

SECOND EDIT: Curse you lack of Stereo Mix option!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:23:10 AM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2013, 12:05:35 AM »
I use Fraps and Windows Movie Maker to record and render. Fraps is not free though.  :blush:

Sadly, Fraps does not pick up Sengoku Gensokyo or I would record that too.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2013, 06:01:29 AM »
The lone person who's playing the game without drafts signing in.

I forgot about this game for a while. Again. I can't believe myself, it's so much fun...
At any rate, I got past 7F, 8F and 9F. Crazy teleporter batshit going on but beyond that, rather easy. I also managed to recruit Komachi, Suwako and Nitori. They all seem pretty awesome.

Currently two goals: recruit Sanae (her regular event on 8F turned into a boss battle against Sanae's Foe for some reason, so I suspect that's how you recruit her) and figure out what the hell is going on with these blue, red and green switches.

I have also discovered the joys of the charagraph folder. Awesome feature.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2013, 06:13:32 AM »
Mapped out all of 3F and 4F, and my team at Minoriko (not running Reimu after all) lv18 got laid out nicely twice in a row by Alice. Before that though, I got whipped once by Rumia; I didn't expect her at all the first time, she wasn't much easier the 2nd time round with only Sanae to cure debuffs from Demarcation. I also didn't prepare for Ifrit when I ran into it either; I lost Cirno to the opening Hellfire, although Kanako was my saviour in that battle with 8k CLD nukes. I probably need to get a level or two before I can safely beat Alice.

EDIT: Okay Alice is down. It's sure hard to fight her when most of your attackers can't attack more than once without running out of SP ;_; (although I had more than enough debuffers to make magical light useless).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:10:47 AM by Rukoto »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2013, 06:18:33 AM »
I think I am, and will remain to be, the only person who knows about the charograph folder and is not doing a thing to change it.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
The lone person who's playing the game without drafts signing in.

I forgot about this game for a while. Again. I can't believe myself, it's so much fun...
At any rate, I got past 7F, 8F and 9F. Crazy teleporter batshit going on but beyond that, rather easy. I also managed to recruit Komachi, Suwako and Nitori. They all seem pretty awesome.

Currently two goals: recruit Sanae (her regular event on 8F turned into a boss battle against Sanae's Foe for some reason, so I suspect that's how you recruit her) and figure out what the hell is going on with these blue, red and green switches.

I have also discovered the joys of the charagraph folder. Awesome feature.

Sanae's event turns into a boss fight when you have over 20 characters, and, like other conditional events that can trigger bosses, they do not change to boss symbols.

Of course, in NG+... that's automatic.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2013, 08:51:07 PM »
Celluloid unlocked.

« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2013, 04:40:18 PM »
Yukari down. Went straight to her after Flandre (already had Floor 16 fully explored).

I spent the beginning with just Sakuya, Yukari, Ran (or Minoriko for healing), and Patchouli for the first phase. Patch gradually did nearly 200k damage in Silent Selenes then I simply debuffed Yukari's speed with Cirno while buffing everyone with Ran. Once ready, I swapped in Suwako, Shikieiki, and Flandre in and hit her with all I got then did Yukari's Spiriting Away and gave a second helping. Dead Yukari without hitting a single phase.

Blitzing was really my only option as being without SP from Djinn Storm would have been horrible combined with the fact I have no real debuffers besides Cirno's Speed Debuffs. So did what I did with Tenshi, powered up and fired away all at the same time. Reimu level 83 (at 80% exp).

Now to just repeat the process to get the Gran Grimoire.

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2013, 06:51:17 PM »
So uh yeah I'm slow as all getout

It's mostly because Alice won't drop her stuff, however, which is very frustrating!

When and where would I be able to find her drop if I just decide to kill her and move on?

EDIT: Oop nevermind I got it right after I made this post
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:59:23 PM by Tangrelle »

« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2013, 07:26:02 PM »
Floor 7 has one in a chest. Also, I think there is like a less than 1% chance of it dropping of some monster along the way up.

Just finished Floor 17. Now to deal with another annoying floor.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2013, 07:30:12 PM »
Three Calamitious Spirits Down, each one pulled some real stuff out.

1st one: Bumped into it on accident, it DTH'ed Reimu turn 1.

2nd one: DTH'ed both Tenshi and Komachi

3rd one: DTH'ed Youmu Turn 1, leaving my main way of damaging it dead.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2013, 08:14:17 PM »
Hmm, the "BP-preset" save doesn't have give Youmu enough BP, it seems. Someone may want to change that. I'm going to fiddle around with CE for my file.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2013, 08:28:29 PM »
It shouldn't be off by much. I think :ohdear:. Only maybe 100 or so.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2013, 12:50:52 AM »
Failsafe locks released and Sanae's Foe defeated (quite easy because I am quite overlevelled for this part). Tenshi is next.

EDIT: Tenshi down too. That went surprisingly well despite that Mystia got sniped by Sword of Rapture on turn 1, and I don't know what I even did to make her just focus three times and not do violent motherland. Probably Wriggle's poison or something. Anyways with Suika and three characters capable of debuffing her ATK to pieces, she didn't do much damage to me at all after the first few turns.

EDIT 2: Eientei down. I actually got wiped once because Eirin refused to be PAR'd and started spamming Astronomical Entombing back to back, and Suika was taken out early so I couldn't SPD debuff her (having no single target speed buff is quite a drag). Second time around she was PAR locked and taken out easily, and there were no losses. I even got two out of three drops (Sunglasses and Getitup V), so I think I'll just be satisfied with that and forget about the Star of Elendil.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:02:15 AM by RegalStar »

« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2013, 04:21:18 AM »
Well I made Tenshi Focus once with just pure Poison damage from Yuugi. With Wriggle's even better poisons, it may be enough to drain her hp to the next Focus stage. Poison ignores all that fancy defenses Tenshi has.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2013, 06:00:07 AM »
Explored all of 5F / 6F and part way through with the lovely 7F. Got almost wiped out on my first encounter with St. Elmo's Fire (walked right through the spring and into the boss :V), 2nd encounter was far easier though. Also fought Yuugi and beat her on the first try; I definitely have a nice line-up of magicians in my team. All in all, I'm really enjoying using randomized teams like this.

I remember beating Tenshi the first time through Wriggle's poison. I think she's one of the few bosses that can be easily dismantled through poison damage alone.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2013, 06:52:48 AM »
Progress is being made!
I finally figured out the 10F-12F puzzle thingy while
-Finding Tenshi and beating her up with all her butterflies. It was pretty easy to par-lock her: she didn't get off a single attack.
-Beating the Eientei trio handily on the second attempt. Eirin managed to get off some crazy nuke that left only Komachi in the front row but I managed it in the end. Maybe I was a bit overlevelled from all that walking around.
-Finding Flandre twice.

I'm now on 13F. From the memos I found these crystals seem to be some kind of binary system, eg. 1=1, 2=2, 3=4, 4=8 and so on. I've located 14F twice but got my progress sweeped both times by some ridiculous random spawn and a move called ether flare or something. At least I know where it's at.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2013, 01:48:06 PM »
If anyone cares and would like to watch me stumble through Floor 8 while attempting to avoid death by Sanae's Foe and Suwako, I'll be streaming myself playing the Draft Run of LoT for a few hours:

http://www.livestream.com/raistadium

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2013, 04:03:49 PM »
Personally, I just leave the frozen frog at the end of F7 unpicked until after I've finished F8, to prevent Suwako from ambushing me by accident while exploring F8. The frog on F7 feels like the most easily accessible, and the easiest one for me to remember to avoid as well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2013, 04:23:31 PM »
I forgot to do that.

Anyway, cleared F8, then beat Yuugi, who was hilariously easy, although she did [bearly] OHKO Tenshi with Three Steps, she died right after. I for the drop first time.

Then I cleared Floor 9, beat Reisen, got the Getitup V thanks to Renko/Komachi Paraspam, then beat Suwako, who was a nightmare because she kept inflicting PAR so I'm not even gonna bother farming her drop.

Can't beat Nitori yet. Can't get Tenshi to live the second shot. Nor can I beat Sanae's Foe.

In general tanking fire proves to be an issue for me.

EDIT: My dinner is done, and I've decided I'll play more LoT and stream again; it can be found here: http://www.livestream.com/raistadium

Also streams are recorded, so you can watch what you missed.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:23:29 PM by Raikaria »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »
For Nitori, you might have better success having Komachi tank instead. Railgun factors in very little defense, so HP stat is more important in defending it than DEF is. Switch Tenshi back in to tank her other attacks. You can also arrange to have some other people like Youmu or Renko to be able to survive a shot in case of emergencies.

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2013, 06:36:29 PM »
Whooo I hit floor 7 so far

Sort of starting to get a good feel of my party, anyway! It's getting more manageable for me despite the lack of heals. Although it appears my first random encounter in floor 7 is Nitori off the bat, which caught me off guard! Time to get on that.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2013, 07:17:15 PM »
Got to the Floor 12 relay point.

Currently Rumia Lv 46. Cats are a pain because they like to DTH Reimu which forces me back to Gensokyo instantly.

Could probobly go back and beat Nitori now, but whatever.

Also Hades Rings are dropping like they're going out of fashion. I have like, 12 of them.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »
Although it appears my first random encounter in floor 7 is Nitori off the bat, which caught me off guard! Time to get on that.

Hey that happened to me too :V Thankfully she's pretty easy, though.

I found the two switches to get to the 8F stairs, so I went to challenge Tam's foe at Minoriko 29 and... I won! Tenshi was very useful for surviving flowing hellfires, as well as taking nothing from tackle with a boosted defence. Pretty sure Cirno did the bulk of the damage in this fight (Kanako might have, had she not gotten killed by a tackle). I got Maribel's debuffs to stick occasionally, but sadly Cirno's SPD debuff never procced. Guess I should explore the rest of 7F before heading onto 8F.

EDIT: I went to fight my first battle in 8F. It wasn't Nitori, darn.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:08:51 PM by Rukoto »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2013, 09:41:46 PM »
13F explored. Now for the dreaded 14F... I'm gonna explore the floor first, then do the sigil guardians, Yuyuko and Mokou. Orin I think I will save for after I explore 15F; I don't like fighting her because she's too damn fast.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2013, 10:29:00 PM »
Oh, since I have some time, I'll explain what I'm doing with my characters and how they're doing:

Reimu - Full defensive, DEF and MND. Reimu is still doing high damage in random encounters, and I'm generally giving her the ALL STAT+ equipment, such as the Getitup V. She's used for everything right now, really.

Youmu - Another of the trashclearing comp, Youmu is going mostly ATK, although she's got a bit of investment into her speed and durability, since she is my main DPS. She has the largest ATK items I can find, which also give REC.

Kaguya - Another of the trashsweepers, due to her having some TP and Magic items, and her high damage. Kaguya is being built as a pure MAG nuker, and, when in bosses, is Hourai spamming.

Rin - Being built pure ATK, Rin is mainly used for trashcleaning, however, in boss fights, she inflicts PSN. Giving her the composite items.

Aya - Pretty much used for trashcleaning, and buffing Youmu's speed in boss fights, Aya is being built ATK/Speed hybrid, and his holding basic ATK and SPD items.

Komachi - Fallen off completely in trashsweeping now, but is a good secondary DPS, tank and debuffer in boss fights. She gets the HP up items, and is getting HP/ATK stats.

Reisen - Occasionally used in trashsweeps, but, with her pure MAG build, and itemset, is mainly used for spamming Discarder in boss fights, for debuffs and good damage, especially against FIR weak foes. Not got enough SP for GPE spam yet.

Eirin - Mostly used for healing Komachi, Youmu, or herself, and as a secondary tank. She is focused mainly in MND, but has some HP and DEF. All her items give MND.

Tenshi - Tank. Tank. Tank. Defensive items everywhere. First slot tank, that's the basic thing with her.

Renko - Only shows up for boss fights, but is the keystone of the team when she does show up, because of her heavy debuffs, PAR, and, most importantly, the only group offense buff I have, Charge. She started with SPD stats, but now she has enough, and is getting MND. She actually is least priority for items, because she dosen't want to tank or deal damage.

Rumia - Now only shows up in boss fights for supplementary healing. Might be useful later against certain mobs with stupid high defenses. Rumia just isn't that good until high levels.

Kanako - Pure Magic, and not doing too much. Her damage is... surprisingly low unless it's against FIR foes, and she just... dosen't seem to be doing much.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2013, 11:06:39 PM »
Yeah, Kanako is really lackluster except against CLD weak bosses. But it's pretty high against those. She's not very tanky in reality because her HP is pretty low, despite her okay defensive stats. Her SP costs hurt a lot in the main game, preventing you from even being able to use her good attacks much...

SP+ or Rec% items on Renko is good so that she can use her skills more. She really doesn't need anything else. (Using levelup bonuses on SP is still a terrible idea) These items are also really unpopular to give to people normally, so there should be some nice ones for her.

Komachi isn't much of a debuffer because Avici only hits SPD and stats that do nothing when debuffed. And it's only a small speed debuff. It's pretty much just for PAR; Orin's poison is the same strength. Her nuke is nice, though.

Rumia is slightly better if you Charge her and then switch her out immediately to keep her mag buffed up when you need the heal. But, this doesn't heal a notable amount until at -least- the final boss. At least Moonlight Ray is an okay single-target attack and DSotM is kinda useful in 15~16f if you seriously pump her MAG so she can sufficiently damage the relevant enemies. She's pretty terrible past earlygame until you hit Plus, though, really...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2013, 12:09:46 AM »
I suppose I should do something similar...

Sakuya: Main tank and speed buffer. She can provide a little assistance in trash clearing

Yuugi: Backup tank. I relied heavily on her high HP and Def in the early game and now she is kinda just there. In boss fights, I usually use her to apply poison or to take a hit.

Minoriko: Building Mind and is my only healer. She can also buff if necessary.

Yukari: Second slot tank and Def/Mnd party buffer. Also Yukari's Spiriting Away is *drools*

Ran: Third slot tanky buffer. Buffs everyone's Atk/Mag

Patchouli: Magic Nuke and trash clearer if the monsters are slow enough or Cirno manages to hold them back long enough.

Cirno: Build her Defense though I suppose Mind would have been better. She is just there to debuff Speed and to try to Paralyze trash mobs for Patch and other slow characters.

Yuyuko: Helps out in trash clearing, she is a little faster than Patch. Also a really good Spirit nuke obviously.

Shikieiki: Single target piercing nuke.

Yuuka: Master Spark and the occasional Nature nuke. She does not do much in the later floors sadly.

Suwako: Single target physical nukes and Paralyze. I usually balance her between physical and magical when leveling her but I went full Atk this run to see how it goes. So she is great for bosses but not as good in trash clearing.

Flandre: Awesome single target nuke and is my main trash clearer for fast mobs that can't be slowed or paralyzed. But if Lavaetein or Forbidden Fruit fails to kill them... I am in trouble.

Funny enough, bosses are not too bad for me. I think in hindsight, I should have considered Yuuka as a possible tank due to her high growth (but she does have slow leveling... hmm). My biggest issue is a severe lack in sweeping ability. I rely heavily on Flandre and if she fails, it can get messy fast (I even wiped once because of it). Patchouli and Yuyuko can do well but only if they can survive through the faster monsters' attacks. Floor 17 and 18 have been painful to explore because of this.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2013, 01:25:37 AM »
I'll do this too I guess.

Marisa: She kills trash with Asteroid Belt (and occasionally Earth Light Ray) and Master Spark bosses, optionally using concentrate to build her MAG beforehand. Yeah. Is there any other way to use her? If there is I'm not aware of them. She's one of my main trash clearers due to having a lot of SP, though Asteroid Belt's power is kind of petering out lately and Mystia is gradually taking over that role.

Remilia: She does primary tanking for me most of the time and I build her defenses mostly. Due to Curse she's my first go-to person for taking damage. She's so damn fast though which kind of hinders my switching around, but as I rely on DPS more than burst nuking it's not that big of a handicap. Low SPI affinity is occasionally a thorn in the side as well but that's it.

Chen: Switches in when the boss isn't doing anything for a while and hits stuff. Also kills fast and frail things before they can do stuff to my party in random encounters. Yeah. Again, if there's another way to use Chen I'm not aware of them. She really does do a lot of damage, but I have to be extra careful about taking hits with her which is kind of annoying.

Alice: A general use damager. She's my primary attacker against any boss not resistant to FIR (and there are a lot of bosses that are weak to it), and assists trash clearing too (although her speed is kind of underaverage in my party). She really isn't excelling in any area, but her single target damage is really good and she doesn't fall over too easily either, so she's pretty reliable.

Wriggle: She has the best unbuffed defensive stats in my party, but lacks the ability to raise them by herself like Remi does. I use her as a backup tank when I need two of them or when Remi needs to be pulled out to perserve health. The nice thing about her is that she really isn't weak to anything; her status resistances are consistently good, and her affinity weaknesses are easily patched up with a Holy Mist Robe. She took most of the hits against Eientei for me, and I suspect I'll get more mileage out of her than Remi against Yuyuko too (since Remi's natural SPI affinity is low).

Sanae: I gave her more SKP than anyone else in my party in an effort to make her decent. She had a lot of SP issues early on, but now she can stay in a bit more comfortably and throw out heals more reliably as well. Had to give her some MAG investments to make sure her heal actually delivers, but mostly I've been still building her up for MND. Her heal is flat out worse than Minoriko's for me, as I perfer to pre-emptively protect against status than to heal it away, and with her being the only healer in my team she sadly has little time to throw out Miracle Fruit, although I do like it when I do manage to use it on someone.

Mokou: She's one of my trash clearers, and an auxillary hit taker against bosses as well. Mostly she takes a similar role in my party as Alice does, but she sacrifices a little bit of damage for more hit taking power and speed (against trash). Yeah, her damage looks kind of lackluster at first, but FIR is an excellent element to hit things with, so in reality she still holds up pretty easily.

Suika: Occasionally I have her help out on trash clearing, but she's really kind of terrible at it. Against bosses I ended up using her more to try and debuff SPD than to hit things with Throwing Atlas, but she does a pretty good job at it to be honest. She also has the best magic taking power without buffs in my party, which is helpful occasionally.

Maribel: She occaisonally helps out on trash clearing as well, but her skill costs are too prohibitive. She's excellent against bosses, though, due to self-buff and CQB having small delay and fairly low SP cost, as well as debuffing ability. Too bad SPI is a rather bad element against bosses (it's excellent against mobs though, but then her SP...). Her WND nuke did a lot of damage on Tenshi, so I imagine it will come in handy against Triomagen and Rinnosuke's NTR form as well.

Utsuho: I try to find some safe time for her to launch a couple of uncontrolled nuclear reaction, bring her back out to recover SP, then back out again to nuke stuff. At least, that's my plan, but what end up happening usually is that the boss gets taken down before Okuu gets enough SP back to do anything due to her terrible SP recovery rate. Giga Flare could've been handy against Tenshi, I guess, but I kind of forgot to use her and ended up doing fine anyways. I've put on the Holy Win I found recently on her to try and rectify her recovery issues, so I'll see how well that works aftewards, I guess.

Mystia: Hands down THE best trash clearer in the game. Midnight Chorus Master's power is unreal, and while 80 SP was kind of expensive early game, I can fire off two of them now. Against bosses I tend to try my luck with PAR most of the time, and mysterious song also got used a few times early on before I got the gears to inoculate against status. She's the only PAR user in my team, so that alone give her a lot of screentime on my team. I don't use Ill-Starred Dive much though, since I already have Chen for non-elemental DPS.

Keine: I built her for DEF and to take hits occasionally, and she also buff things in my party. Lack of MND buff continues to cause sorrow for my team, but for the stats that she can buff, she's pretty reliable now that she has the SP to use them more than a couple of times. Her offensive buff is also occasionally helpful in trash clearing, although with 88 SP cost I can't use it a lot.

EDIT: Since I can't find it anywhere, I went and derived the formula to calculate the SKP needed to reach next skill level: floor(floor(1.25x^2+1.25x)*coefficient), where x is the current skill level and coefficient is an independent value for each character's each stat. The eight characters in the first page have the following coefficients (I'll do the rest tomorrow):

Char   HP   SP   TP   ATK   DEF   MAG   MND   SPD   EVA   FIR   CLD   WND   NTR   MYS   SPI
Reimu   1.2   1   55   1   2   1.1   0.95   2   2   4.5   4.5   4.5   4.5   12   3
Marisa   1.8   1   51   2.4   2.2   0.8   1.1   1.5   1   5   5   5   5   3.8   10
Remilia   1.2   1.5   45   0.78   1.1   1.8   1.8   2   2.4   4   4   4   4   10   12
Sakuya   1.04   1.04   40   1.04   1.8   1.04   1.8   2   1.32   6   6   6   6   6   6
Patchy   2.8   0.8   66   3.6   3   0.8   0.8   2.88   2.88   3.8   3.8   3.8   3.8   3.8   3.8
Chen   1.28   0.8   35   0.98   1.4   3   2.4   0.6   0.6   7   7   7   7   5.5   5.5
Meiling   0.88   2.4   35   1   0.9   3   1   2.6   1.4   4.5   4.5   4.5   4.5   4.5   4.5
Cirno   1.2   1.2   40   1.2   1.2   1.2   1.2   1.2   1.2   9   2.8   3.8   3.8   7   7

I don't know how helpful this is, but hey.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:26:02 AM by RegalStar »

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2013, 05:21:01 AM »
Might as well pitch in with my party as well; I'm currently right before the Reisen fight, I've also beaten Suwako but not Nitori.

Marisa: Full-MAG build for maximum Master Sparkage. My prima-donna trash cleaner at this point in the game; Orin doesn't have enough SP to spam Blazing Wheel for extended periods of time. I'm just hoping Marisa will be able to keep going strong throughout the entire game.

Remilia: At first I focussed on ATK because I wanted a source of non-elemental physical damage, but I've found that she's been occupied switching people in and out, and cursing up her defences (she's properly inoculated against PSN and PAR now) to get much time to attack. I've been focussing on improving her rather weak MYS and SPI affinities with recent level-up bonuses, which I believe will help her out no matter which way I ultimately end up using her. She can still assist in clearing out trash at this point.

Cirno: Since my team first appeared to be weak on offense, I went with a pure ATK build on her. I've since been disproved on my team's offensive might, so I'm not too sure what to do with her right now. At least she's helpful in clearing out trash like this!

Minoriko: A pure MND build Minoriko is the best way to go with her; she's my primary healer. Thanks to Sanae's assistance, she can through out her defensive buff more frequently. I've been using a lot of level-up bonuses to patch up her weak FIR and CLD affinities, though.

Sanae: Primarily MND build since I already got Minoriko to cover the bulk of healing (and Eirin in a pinch, I suppose). Sanae has been important in the early game for clearing away nasty ailments and debuffs, which is important when I don't have the equipment to properly protect myself against ailments and debuffs yet. She's had some SP issues at the beginning, but she's mostly over them now. She hasn't had much time to throw out Miracle Fruits yet, but I'm hoping she'll eventually be able to do so.

Ran: Pure support build because I really need the ATK and DEF buffs she provides. She's been pretty good at surviving, but she's still a bit restriced by her SP pool still. Also a suprisingly capable trash cleaner with no offensive level-up bonuses.

Eirin: A bit of defensive investment, and everything else in MAG. So far I've found spamming Galaxy in a Pot the best thing to be doing with her, its damage has proven to be fairly good so far. I haven't been very impressed with Astronomical Entombing, but Galaxy in a Pot looks like it has a better damage formula if you play her as a stay-in attacker. I don't really bother with Hourai Elixir at all.

Tenshi: DEF/MND tank and dedicated switcher. She's become very helpful in switching in and out my attackers and healers. I'd say she has excellent synergy with some of the key members of my team. Aside from SIL protection, she's properly inoculated against the negative effects of State of Enlightenment, which can keep her alive through a tough segment of a boss battle quite nicely.

Orin: She starts off slow in more ways than one. She's been showing improvements over time in her trash clearing and boss-killing abilities, which is a good thing. I'm doing an ATK-focus build with her here to provide my team with my ONLY source of FIR damage (and yet I have two CLD attackers, go figure).

Rinnousuke: He's had a light ATk investment, but much like Remilia, I've been leaning on him to tank hits for the team, and help switch my other members in and out of the fray. He definitely starts out with SP and TP issues, and only just now he has enough SP to use World Shaking Military Rule. It's a shame it basically drains all of his SP at this point, since he'd love to follow it up with Scarlet Gold Sword spam. Like Remilia, I don't really know what my final build will be for him, although I'm definitely going to continue to invest in his bulk so he can survive on the field after using his all-out buff.

Maribel: Prmarily MAG build with a light investment into MND. She's started off with horrendous SP issues which impede her still, but now that she can apply her self buff consecutively, she's become a solid addition to the team, being albe to both dish out and endure damage. She's probably one of my new favourite characters; I can't wait for her to eventually get over her SP issues.

Kanako: Pure MAG build because I didn't want her CLD nuke to go to waste. Without defensive investment she's frailer than  she looks on paper, and she's still dogged by SP issues compounded by a relatively slow SP regeneration rate, but her offensive utility is much appreciated. Even against bosses retardant to CLD, she also provides my team with my only WND nuke (she was hitting Suwako for 14k after being fully buffed in MAG), and she even has a non-elemental physical spell, which I will also lack on my team should I make both Remilia and Rinnousuke purely defensive.

EDIT: Struggled past Reisen and got her drop. Sure is hard when I can't use Marisa or Orin...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:15:05 AM by Rukoto »