Author Topic: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.  (Read 116881 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Probably general what anime you watching now thread.
« on: April 16, 2011, 06:06:19 AM »
Despite the rules saying on specific topics for each anime, not every anime gets discussed to death over here and certainly a few favorites like Ruroni Kenshin might always pop up next to Sailor Moon with tens of posts in a row about them and how awesome they are... those deserve their own thread.

This thread is for your passing thoughts and a general bit of discussion maybe about a particular episode that really caught your fancy or something of the sort.

Spoilers rules of course applies.

This season, last season, last year, ten years ago all welcomed.
please very please let this thread stay ok?

====

Well, with a line up of many anime to beat down the bracket this year...

1. I started watching Seikon no Qwaser because of genderbending episode 1, I like it but there was too much breastsucking involve though it was the main theme, it is a bit too much and it spoils the original mood of this chapter from the manga (which surprisingly talks about a Da-Vinci-esque search for an elusive circuit which makes alternate dimensions! and NO BREAST SUCKING for well over 10 chapters!)

2. Hidan no Aria, what can I say... I am welcoming all intentions to hear Rie Kugimiya again and I am not disappointed in the VA department, but truth to be said the show just downright sucks. There is hardly any plot judging from this one episode, but I am willing to say even something highschoolers thrown together deserves some kind of respect if only because it somehow reached the shelves... or is that an insult to how companies now print whatever that has titties and ass in it?

3. Dog Days: high res not withstanding, this show yells Utawarerumono with a dog girl tag to it. I am more inclined to watch it because of animal ears fetish of mine, but I am convinced this may be just a passing fancy, by episode 3 I think I might drop it if it were no... I dunno, some kinda resemblance of a plot....

4. Steins; Gate, the promising contender of contenders, nuff said. If only Huke was really drawing every frame for this show, I would jizz quite a bit for every 5 minutes.

5. Hoshizora Kakaru, THIS IS WHY HAREM IS GOOD?! No, actually, with all stereotypical girls in it, (though with two very Touhou girls) it stinks of mundane and suck. But, this show has the best background art ever, stuff I had not seen since Clannad, Air, and the such, and coming from studio FENG it is expected to have an imouto end. (from the same people who brought you Akaneiro Somarusaka) and despite the array of beauties in a random forgotten village in the fuck middle of nowhere... the most attractive of them all is... a boy. Ayumu, the protag's little brother is made of cute and fluffy... and I can't help but reminded me of what Lloyd is on this forum. :blush:
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

jigglyppuff8

• Speed Anime Trance 8
  • Alco Dolce
Re: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 08:33:20 PM »
>Pick up generic harem anime
>Complain about it being generic

SHOCKING NA!

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 10:47:35 PM »
> 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 11:46:12 PM by Bad Appellant!! »

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 09:13:03 AM »
>Pick up generic harem anime
>Complain about it being generic

SHOCKING NA!

Hidan no Aria has few blight spots to be said the least.
it has good stuff I can look forward to:
1. the girl in my avatar for example
2. a banging OP and ED theme song
3. Rie Kugimiya
4. this reminds me of Wanted, and I like that show disregarding all things about plot being said.
5. ? BULLET PROOF VAULTING HORSE

> 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku

why do people watch this?
what the fuck is it trying to be anyway?

This just in, if you haven't already watched Odenpa Shoujo

you should.
This is Arakawa Under The Bridge Season 3 right here... (well similiar)
and I have a feeling it is crazy and cuter too. (but there is no Maria-sama, and therefore no more 'please stomp me harder, Maria-sama~')
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 09:18:32 AM by ♛ Mariya Shidou »
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 09:20:29 AM »
Just finished the first three episodes of Strike Witches season 2 with Mats. This looks to be rather interesting! :3c

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 11:54:45 PM »
aaaaaand thank you for scarring me for life with that  :ohdear:

In addition to YES MADOKA IS COMING BACK THURSDAY there has been not enough mention of Tiger and Bunny on these forums.  This is a darn shame let me tell you, and awesome in that "90s Saturday morning comic book hero cartoon and then some" way.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 01:33:30 AM »
In addition to YES MADOKA IS COMING BACK THURSDAY there has been not enough mention of Tiger and Bunny on these forums.  This is a darn shame let me tell you, and awesome in that "90s Saturday morning comic book hero cartoon and then some" way.
There really isn't. That and Kaiji I locked into watching for the entire season last week. Also, Deadman Wonderland just popped up. Episode 1 suggested I watch all the episodes to follow, and I'll probably do so.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 02:10:40 AM »
This season is not so bad so far!  I'm watching Stein's;Gate, DeadmanWonderland, 30-san, and the demon summoning one for now.

Don't lynch me.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 04:40:15 PM »
There really isn't. That and Kaiji I locked into watching for the entire season last week. Also, Deadman Wonderland just popped up. Episode 1 suggested I watch all the episodes to follow, and I'll probably do so.

Indeed, it is a powerful start to a great series.
Deadman Wonderland may just be the hit of this season and beyond!

meanwhile Odenpa Shoujo has exceeded my expectations thus far, it seriously is so Nino ala Arakawa under the bridge, and so damn cute!
I dunno what to say, except to ask you to watch it.

----

Meanwhile, this season... Hen Zemi may just be the worse of them lot of crazies...

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 08:49:59 PM »
I've been keeping up with fairy tail for a while now. I like that its well-written, exciting, and fits my comedic taste. It has a nice reveal of what mystogan is, interesting characters too. What bothers me about it (although its a rather small thing) is that the personifications of the zodiac are rather mis-represented. Except for Virgo, which fits the traits, besides the played-for-comedy bdsm implication. Also, Happy sounds annoyingly like a little kid, there is a bit too much overreacting for my tastes.

Though it might put some off, I liked the scene versus Cobra when the mood totally changed to a funny one. Though thinking back on it, the semi-mutilation afterwards made it less funny  :ohdear:

I've also been watching Madoka. I like the twist on it being a magical-girl series, being much more realistic and not-shoving-stupid-morals-down-our-throats-ocity. (though i dont know any shows like that, but i heard that there were) Though I think I would've like it if it were more lighthearted instead of what it is now, too.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:06:34 PM by TEspeon »

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 12:51:49 AM »
Astarotte Ep1 wasn't all that interesting, apart from the loli service.
Denpa is off to a nice start, though I'd really like to see a show of this kind where the male is a little more out there himself, for once. Well, guess it's going to move in that direction, at least.
Hidan no Aria: Closed after a few minutes. Probably only tolerable when drunk. I wish they'd at least use a different kind of male lead for this...
Deadman: Good start. Now if only Ganta wouldn't start to get really damn annoying in approximately 1-2 Eps.
Nichijou: Great.
Steins;Gate: 1st Ep was interesting. Now lets see where they take this.
Hen Zemi is hilarious. The part with the flies nearly killed me. Damn, now I want to watch a guro comedy anime. Death Panda the Animation or Drainage City or something. :V

Overall, I like this season so far.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 04:45:01 PM »

Hidan no Aria: Closed after a few minutes. Probably only tolerable when drunk. I wish they'd at least use a different kind of male lead for this...

Deadman: Good start. Now if only Ganta wouldn't start to get really damn annoying in approximately 1-2 Eps.

Hen Zemi is hilarious. The part with the flies nearly killed me. Damn, now I want to watch a guro comedy anime. Death Panda the Animation or Drainage City or something. :V

Hidan no Aria - we are talking about the same guy who
Spoiler:
using double berettas and shot bullets directly into the barrels of MP5 strung remote controlled segways are we? because this is Wanted's level of badass.
it has a great OP and ED theme.

Deadman -  agreed, hate him already. Best opening 1st episode. nice OP too.

pity, you should watch some guro comedy, period. stuff like Tokyo Gore Police is hilarious.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 05:21:20 AM »
Yet again, it reminds me exactly why I like Hidan no Aria

- nothing.

not even the clingy tsundere or the cuteness of Riko can get me to like this show. BUT OH YEAH I STAYED THROUGH SO I COULD LISTEN TO THE OP AND ED.
best song ever.

----

Meanwhile, with Madoka ended, I now look for a blockbuster in Ao no Exorcist, it has a great start already.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 10:28:15 AM »
Just finished watching more of the second season of Strike Witches with Ruro! Episode 6 was wonderful, and the seventh...well... ahahahahahaha

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 06:54:21 AM »
Well, just when you least expected it.

CARUSO

EVEN IN YOUR ANIME

DAMN IT SHAFT

JT

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 02:55:58 AM »
[nsfw]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3050/drifters.jpg[/nsfw]

This show is about zombies

Formless God

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 10:29:32 AM »
1. Katanagatari (finished): Feels like a mixture of Bakemonogatari and, uh, Okami. It was more enjoyable than I thought. Story aside, I thought the show's characters and concepts were pretty creative and well done. Some of the EDs are also good (one for every episode, seriously ?). And there's this.

2. Madoka (finished): The ending was not that satisfying, but overall still God-tier.

3. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (1): SHAFT. The style is similar to Bakemonogatari, but the dialogue is kind of weak in comparison.

4. Denpa Onna (2): Um ... strange and cute. Very. But that's about it >_>. I ... don't see any hint of a story yet.

5. Hanasaku Iroha (2): Gotta admire the seiyuu for doing all those embarrasing lines. Pretty enjoyable so far, though. Art quality is top-notch.

6. Nichijou (0, as in Ep.0): I liked Lucky Star, but somehow this is just bad. Incoherent conversations, incoherent events and overall boring (now you might say I did it wrong and this is supposed to be just moe, but even then I'm having a hard time keeping myself awake with those flaws in the way). If this doesn't improve by Ep.3, it counts as my first drop, ever.

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »
Well, just when you least expected it.

CARUSO

EVEN IN YOUR ANIME

DAMN IT SHAFT
what

Speaking of which, Dammit Shinbo stop printing money
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 02:22:31 PM by Suikama »

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 03:18:18 PM »
what

Speaking of which,
[nsfw]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3050/drifters.jpg[/nsfw]

This show is about zombies

Best zombies I ever seen in a while, I mean, look at them, they actually seem to be enjoying "eating the brains". Brofist for watching this outta sexy.

watch Maria Holic ep 3.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 04:02:20 PM »
I love Dog Days.  It's just... fun.

Sality

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 06:04:30 AM »
Only Maria Holic : Alive and Beelzebub for now.

Will probably drop Beelzebub considering its amount of fillers though.

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 02:29:41 AM »
So what is worth watching this season anyways? Having not watched any anime in a while has thrown me out of the habit and it's oddly difficult to start up again :3

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 03:15:33 AM »
So what is worth watching this season anyways? Having not watched any anime in a while has thrown me out of the habit and it's oddly difficult to start up again :3

Follow this example, post results.

JT

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2011, 05:08:18 AM »

KUYASHII!

Follow this example, post results.

I actually just started downloading the first few episodes of this. I never really paid any attention to it while it was airing. I figured it was just some generic pedo magical girl thing like Nanoha, but one of my friends was like "NO SERIOUSLY BRO DUDE IT'S COOL WATCH IT SERIOUSLY BRO IT'S GOOD" and now I've finally caved. So... I guess we'll see what happens.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 11:41:55 AM »
Ok, instead of everyone harping on Madoka, watch, surprisingly without preserving a hint of any idea:

ODEPA SHOUJO
it is basically Arakawa Under The Bridge and DON"T LIE TO ME I KNOW YOU LIKE THAT SHIT
and super cute Nino-esque character meets Code Geass Pizza Butt in a mix. Remember to wear your odenpa hat.

====

You know, there hasn;t been much talk about C: Wall Street Anime
how was it, did anyone watched it? afterthoughts?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:55:17 AM by ♛ Mariya Shidou »

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 12:14:41 PM »
Seitokai Yakuindomo.

Well that was a show.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 12:58:37 PM »

Nichijou is probably the best series this season, with Season 2 of Kaiji following close behind.

If you liked Season 2 of Arakawa (and I know you did), you would probably like Denpa Onna. On the more dramatic side, there's Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai and Hanasaku Iroha.

For action, C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control isn't that bad, either.

I'm also following Moshidora just because the concept is so out there that I have to follow it. Plus, they're releasing a new episode every weekday, which makes it a fast series to follow.

That's about it, in my amateur opinion.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Formless God

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2011, 10:14:41 PM »
Madoka.
Hanasaku Iroha and Steins;Gate are looking pretty nice so far.
Nichijou and Denpa Onna if you want something abstract and cute.

That's all I've seen so far :V

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 09:38:31 AM »
Nichijou 5: Rock, paper,
Spoiler:
NIETZCHE

I really love this show.