Author Topic: Vote for the People's Theme!  (Read 37891 times)

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
Re: Vote for the People's Theme!
« Reply #330 on: November 12, 2010, 07:29:26 PM »
For the record, I found the whole communism thing hilarious just because of how absurd it was. The theme was annoying at first, but the more I looked at it, the more it added to the hilarity. If someone didn't like it, they could have just ignored this board for a few days until it was gone - it's not like anything particularly important happened during it, anyway.

As a side note, "Cirno's Petty Moaning Center" sounds like a bad hentai.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #331 on: November 12, 2010, 08:02:08 PM »
Serious answer:
It's a goddamn fucking joke. It's a temporary (you really think I'd keep something this ugly permanent?)
Told you guys. There's no way anyone couldn't see that coming...
For the record, I found the whole communism thing hilarious just because of how absurd it was. The theme was annoying at first, but the more I looked at it, the more it added to the hilarity. If someone didn't like it, they could have just ignored this board for a few days until it was gone - it's not like anything particularly important happened during it, anyway.

The title's getting nuked next oh my god

Now that you've said that, I can't think of anything else when I read the board name.

itt: Motk has the worst trolls on the Internet

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

« Reply #332 on: November 12, 2010, 08:18:38 PM »

More like the best hentai ever.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #333 on: November 12, 2010, 08:19:14 PM »
Folks need to learn how to not give a shit like I do on most occasions.

Spoiler:
In b4 "Erebus, you bitch about yuri all the time though."

You too, huh?
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #334 on: November 12, 2010, 08:19:56 PM »
itt: Motk has the worst trolls on the Internet
Yes we have, but they're not in this topic :P
Really, what does any of this have to do with trolling? :/

What really makes me wonder is how adamant some people are that brushing off the complaints is such a terrible thing.
Yes, the complaints were given a :dwi: because it was a minority complaining, while the rest had fun with it and didn't mind. You're not going up to the host of a party and telling him the music sucks and he should change it when everyone else has fun dancing, do you? You'll be told "Just bear with it, song's over in a bit", and nothing else happened here.
Some people even gave advice on how to turn the custom skin off for the time being if you really hated it so much. Is CPMC so important to some people they can't leave it alone for a few days if they absolutely can't stand it?

« Reply #335 on: November 12, 2010, 08:23:03 PM »
Is CPMC so important to some people they can't leave it alone for a few days if they absolutely can't stand it?

CPMC is our crack.

But seriously, I have to agree. The insistence that this was horrible and we should have no more fun got kind of ridiculous. Anyway, at least the storm's over now.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #336 on: November 12, 2010, 08:28:56 PM »
Anyway, at least the storm's over now.
Well, the Soviet Union of CPMC may have fallen, but Patchouli's Soviet Library still stands strong :V

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #337 on: November 12, 2010, 08:30:15 PM »
IN GLORIOUS CUBA, THE RED FLAG STILL FLIES HIGH

Wait. D:

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #338 on: November 12, 2010, 09:00:30 PM »
Now that the experiment in the communist revolutionary-imperial paradigm has collapsed, leaving the old guard in a shambles in a defense against enemies both inside and out, I think it's high time I stepped forth from my shadowy recent movements and claim my spot as either an exploitative industrialist or brutal mafioso.

« Reply #339 on: November 12, 2010, 10:13:39 PM »

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #340 on: November 12, 2010, 11:47:03 PM »
Oh boo this snow theme again.
How does THAT happen!?
You sure it ain't your network connection? That also looks like FF 3 to me, so it shouldn't be the browser...

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #341 on: November 13, 2010, 12:05:34 AM »
To tell you guys the truth, I like the snow theme. It just shouts "Cirno" to me. And I like Cirno.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

« Reply #342 on: November 13, 2010, 12:05:51 AM »
How does THAT happen!?
You sure it ain't your network connection? That also looks like FF 3 to me, so it shouldn't be the browser...

Its my chip set. Its burnt out so the motherboard has to run what little graphics it can.
The Commi theme had a lot less for me to render.

Drake

« Reply #343 on: November 13, 2010, 12:28:16 AM »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #346 on: November 13, 2010, 06:24:24 AM »
The Color Yellow causes Eye Fatigue. Excessive use of yellow can lead to eye-strain. Additionally, it's attention getting aspect is typically used for warning signs that ask quick reaction, like Yield, the Yellow Light, and of course, Police tape. The color yellow can also harness feelings of frustration - people are more likely to lose their temper, and babies subject to rooms painted yellow cry more frequently.

The color red invokes intensity of feeling. It is linked with deep passion not just in love (Hearts, Romance, Roses) but in war as well (Blood). It creates feelings of excitement, and leads to more intense actions amongst humans.

So, Irritability + Frustration + Intensity = ???

Meanwhile, blue is the color of calmness and serenity. It also harbors sadness, rather than anger. People surrounded by blue tend to be slightly more productive. It is related to aloofness. Hilariously enough, it can also reduce the pulse rate, which in turn reduces body temperature.

White on the other hand creates a sense of space, and creates a sterile image in the watcher's mind. Typically representing purity and innocence. If too much white is used, it creates a cold, empty space.

Really, the color switch was very jarring for people, and it had a deep psychological impact. I'd almost go so far as to say that it's really no one's fault that this happened in particular. No one was aware in a timely enough manor that we practically set up CPMC regulars to suddenly switch gears as if someone pulled a full moon out of the sky and forced everyone to go hakutaku. I remember one of my thoughts when browsing the new theme was that the forum somehow looked a lot smaller than it should be, which I think is related to how I was use to CPMC being white.

If we do end up making another theme change, I'd like to offer a Green with mild dashes of pink, except that would probably get me kicked out of here for trying to murder Letty :V

Also, all hail free stuff. Communism.

Matsuri

« Reply #347 on: November 13, 2010, 06:34:06 AM »
The Color Yellow causes Eye Fatigue. Excessive use of yellow can lead to eye-strain. Additionally, it's attention
The color red invokes intensity of feeling. It is linked with deep passion not just in love (Hearts, Romance, Roses) but in war as well (Blood). It creates feelings of excitement, and leads to more intense actions amongst humans.

Which is what makes it awesome. 8)

Meanwhile, blue is the color of calmness and serenity. It also harbors sadness, rather than anger. People surrounded by blue tend to be slightly more productive. It is related to aloofness. Hilariously enough, it can also reduce the pulse rate, which in turn reduces body temperature.

That explains why my room is so cold, having blue walls... but lol productivity :V

White on the other hand creates a sense of space, and creates a sterile image in the watcher's mind. Typically representing purity and innocence. If too much white is used, it creates a cold, empty space.

So cold, it burns my eyes. :P

Really, the color switch was very jarring for people, and it had a deep psychological impact. I'd almost go so far as to say that it's really no one's fault that this happened in particular.

I'm pretty sure people just like to whine when things they don't like happen. >_>

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #348 on: November 13, 2010, 06:37:30 AM »

If we do end up making another theme change, I'd like to offer a Green with mild dashes of pink, except that would probably get me kicked out of here for trying to murder Letty :V

Also, all hail free stuff. Communism.

Lord of the Flies anyone? HAR HAR HAR.
All hail Communism.

« Reply #349 on: November 13, 2010, 06:40:24 AM »
Quote from: Matshail Gorbachev
I'm pretty sure people just like to whine when things they don't like happen. >_>
You mean things like suddenly having a gaudy, eye-burning yellow background? :3

The ordinary Red and White scene was pretty nice, to be honest.

Matsuri

« Reply #350 on: November 13, 2010, 06:41:16 AM »
There never was a yellow background. It was a yellow outline/border/whatever, and the only place where it was really that irritating was at the top of the screen. :/

« Reply #351 on: November 13, 2010, 06:44:28 AM »
I disagree, but this is probably a subjective difference, not really worth pursuing.