Author Topic: Supported ports on PPIRC?  (Read 6451 times)

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
Supported ports on PPIRC?
« on: August 29, 2010, 07:01:11 AM »
I recently moved back into college, and the firewall here blocks ports 6666 and 6667 for security reasons, so I can't connect to PPIRC using any standard IRC client. All other servers I go to have port 8067 open as well, so they all work fine, but PPIRC doesn't seem to have that option. Are there any alternative ports? If not, the webchat works fine, but I'd rather have all my IRC servers in one program instead of using a different client just for one specific server (and the connection for the webchat seems to be much less stable for me, but that might just be the internet here).

Momiji

• Cya
Re: Supported ports on PPIRC?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »
Do you connect to the default IRC port, or do you connect via SSL?  If you don't try enabling SSL in your IRC server config, and change the port to 6601.  Hopefully that works (and should be quite a bit more secure).

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 03:59:39 PM »
Oh, that worked perfectly. I tried using SSL before, but I forgot that you have to prefix the port number with + for it to actually activate. As a reference to everyone else, I just followed these instructions. Thanks for the suggestion, Momiji!
* Azure hugs Momiji

Matsuri

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 04:07:36 PM »
Hmm. While we're on the subject, is there some way I could use this information to connect to ppirc and Dejatoons through KVIrc on campus? Right now I'm stuck with using Mibbit and such. :/

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 05:00:10 PM »
/server -s irc.ppirc.net:6601 and /server -s irc.dejatoons.net:6601?  Not sure if specifying the port like that will work.

Thanks for the suggestion, Momiji!
* Azure hugs Momiji
*hugs* Glad you got it working.  ^.^

Matsuri

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 02:55:47 PM »
/server -s irc.ppirc.net:6601 and /server -s irc.dejatoons.net:6601?  Not sure if specifying the port like that will work.

Bleh, didn't work for either. Guess I'll stick to Mibbit and such for now.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 04:38:47 PM »
You can use Mibbit in ppirc? It always gives me this YOU ARE BANNED!!! message whenever I do. I have to use Pidgin for ppirc, and Mibbit for everything else.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Matsuri

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 04:50:14 PM »
You can use Mibbit in ppirc? It always gives me this YOU ARE BANNED!!! message whenever I do. I have to use Pidgin for ppirc, and Mibbit for everything else.

Nah, I use Mibbit for Dejatoons/#meido, and I get to ppirc from the link in this thread.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 04:53:08 PM »

You know we have a webchat client for a reason >_>

I'm not a fan of trusting a third party with my passwords, especially on IRC where people tend to not be as savvy and use the same passwords for everything.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 12:59:17 AM »
I have to use Pidgin for ppirc, and Mibbit for everything else.
What's wrong with Pidgin?  =[

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 01:04:49 AM »
No "new message" flashes for chatrooms, at least by default.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 07:52:31 AM »
What's wrong with Pidgin?  =[

Nothing, actually. But I like using Mibbit, and it's a little miffy using different apps for the same purpose, depending on who the host is. That's why I don't like bouncing from webchat to Pidgin to Mibbit. But I'm very seldom on ppirc anyways, so it's really not an issue for me.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."