Author Topic: Everything inspired by Touhou  (Read 26936 times)

KomeijiKoishi

Everything inspired by Touhou
« on: June 02, 2009, 06:26:15 AM »
The only thing I can think of is Yue from Magister Negi Magi, who looks and acts like Patchouli...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:30:23 AM by KomeijiKoishi »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Everything inspired by Touhou
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 08:30:56 AM »
The only thing I can think of is Yue from Magister Negi Magi, who looks and acts like Patchouli...

What if Patchouli was based off of Yue?!

:\

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 08:42:01 AM »

I'm sure a large majority of us seen this but....

Which came first? Negima or EoSD? I think EoSD came first but they do have a lot of simliarities as it says on the touhou wikia character profile page for PAtchouli.

Patchouli has been rumored to be the inspiration for the character Yue Ayase from the manga Negima! Magister Negi Magi. Like Patchouli, Yue is a short, quiet girl with long purple hair, an unexcitable personality, an affinity for books (she is a librarian) and magic (she is also known to dress in a witch getup similar to Marisa's).
  http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Patchouli_Knowledge

Funny though when i saw this thread's title. the Yue/Patchy thing was the FIRST thing i thought of like immidiately haha. Seriously.

To be honest though that was the only thing i can think of.

Some things seem to inspire Touhou too.

Like Orin looking like Wendy (the Wendy's restuarant mascot girl) who knows if ZUN likes Wendy's or not or if it was pure coincidence haha.

I do wonder what was really inspired by Touhou though.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 08:50:27 AM »
Well, let me put it this way: I finally clear Imperishable Night, and later that day, Barack Obama wins the election. I think you'll agree this goes beyond mere coincidence.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 09:01:35 AM »
hahah?
......Sorry I fail to see how it wasn't coincidence XD. Clearing IN (on any difficulty?) and an election?
What happen to me that day.....I was playing Melty Blood and doing hoemwork. nothing special for me hehe.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 09:04:24 AM »
OK, how about that?

One is based on the other.

Tengukami

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 09:10:09 AM »
hahah?
......Sorry I fail to see how it wasn't coincidence XD.

O RLY? Then how do you explain this PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE of Kaguya HERSELF being at the inauguration ceremony?

I think I've proven my case here.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 09:15:27 AM »
Which came first? Negima or EoSD? I think EoSD came first but they do have a lot of simliarities as it says on the touhou wikia character profile page for PAtchouli.

Full EoSD: Aug 11 2002
1st Negima Vol: Feb 2 2003

It's pretty close. Guess my initial interjection was incorrect.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 09:23:35 AM »
O RLY? Then how do you explain this PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE of Kaguya HERSELF being at the inauguration ceremony?

*DIES OF LAUGHTER* hahahahahahha! WOOOOW. that's funny but that's so small a spec does it really count?! XD ahhah. Does that really count though?! XD you can't really see the person there anyway haha.
I lol'ed hard. i really shouldn't have since i would have woken up my folks. its 4:30 in the morning ahahah. XD gosh.

Tengukami

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 09:46:58 AM »

*DIES OF LAUGHTER* hahahahahahha! WOOOOW. that's funny but that's so small a spec does it really count?! XD ahhah. Does that really count though?! XD you can't really see the person there anyway haha.

Doesn't surprise me that she found such a sweet spot to watch the swearing in. Naturally, she can't be up in the gallery drawing attention to herself, having news commentators saying, "And it looks like we're just about to- wait a minute. There appears to be a tiny woman with big, spooky eyes and five mysterious objects floating around her, standing but a few feet away from Barack Obama. Who is this person? Uh oh, Secret Service agents are moving in ... ARGH!", the news guy would scream then, as Kaguya starts spraying danmaku through the crowds to battle the feds. That would probably get ugly. Sure would be an unforgettable inauguration day, though.

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 09:47:57 AM »
If only indie, even pro would be inspired by Touhou licensing system the economy and fan material would be much better spread in the world...dreaming of a doujin shop nearby  :'(

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 11:58:36 AM »
If only indie, even pro would be inspired by Touhou licensing system the economy and fan material would be much better spread in the world...dreaming of a doujin shop nearby  :'(

I don't think Mr. ZUN wants his widdle creation to be commercialized.

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 03:11:45 PM »
Doesn't surprise me that she found such a sweet spot to watch the swearing in. Naturally, she can't be up in the gallery drawing attention to herself, having news commentators saying, "And it looks like we're just about to- wait a minute. There appears to be a tiny woman with big, spooky eyes and five mysterious objects floating around her, standing but a few feet away from Barack Obama. Who is this person? Uh oh, Secret Service agents are moving in ... ARGH!", the news guy would scream then, as Kaguya starts spraying danmaku through the crowds to battle the feds. That would probably get ugly. Sure would be an unforgettable inauguration day, though.

Touhou Hijack \o/
Advocate of Transhumanism

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 03:24:41 PM »
No Ken Akamatsu character is not based on of a Touhou character. Fact.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 05:49:19 PM »
No Ken Akamatsu character is not based on of a Touhou character. Fact.
And you're not only talking about "One guy, tons of chicks", right?

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 06:22:18 PM »
Akiyuki Shinbo

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 12:37:15 AM »

http://i43.tinypic.com/2eg47ti.jpg

Is there a higher resolution pic? Otherwise that's just a person in a red shirt. :V

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 05:56:18 AM »
Is there a higher resolution pic? Otherwise that's just a person in a red shirt. :V
Here. Good luck finding her though, it's not the same moment and there is many persons in red there.

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 06:43:42 AM »
I didn't find Kaguya but I found a Half Human - Half Ghost
Ooh, Scary, Scary

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 08:10:02 AM »
I didn't find Kaguya but I found a Half Human - Half Ghost
Ooh, Scary, Scary
おお、 こわい こわい

Youmu's presence is imminent.

Quintafeira12

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 10:34:10 AM »
Akiyuki Shinbo

Ah!
The epic picture of playing touhou with a mouse!

Epic is epic, but no wonder she loses in just 5 seconds.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 12:29:25 PM »

Just once I wanna know how to configure Touhou to play with a joystick.

and then the mouse.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 02:50:08 PM »
a looong short but i think Dissidia's creator used Sakuya's concept for Ultimecia's Limit.. a veery long shot thou

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 02:58:28 PM »
Ah!
The epic picture of playing touhou with a mouse!

The problem is that she's playing as Akira. Also, Konata is a broken fight.

Besides, she has MAX power and a decent graze, so she's not awful at the game, mouse or not.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 05:13:00 PM by Letty Whiterock »

Tenbatsu! Myon Rabbie

• I cannot and will not learn.
  • Letty is sick of my shit.
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »
'' Everything inspired by Touhou ''
My life. End of discussion.

Quintafeira12

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 06:21:35 PM »
The problem is that she's playing as Akira. Also, Konata is a broken fight.

Besides, she has MAX power and a decent graze, so she's not awful at the game, mouse or not.

her score still sucks for a 4th stage. I bet she continued!

Just once I wanna know how to configure Touhou to play with a joystick.

when I connected my PS3 controller to work like a joystick, I noticed it controlled a few of them automatically without further tinkering with the settings. The only real thing I've done was install a SIX-AXIS driver and for some reason, touhou took a liking for it, as well as a few other fan games
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:24:47 PM by Quintafeira12 »

Tengukami

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 06:49:58 PM »

Her bombs are nearly finished and she's picked up few extends, too, so I think I agree with you there.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 06:59:26 PM »
Less inspired by and more influenced by, people.
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 07:03:07 PM »

when I connected my PS3 controller to work like a joystick, I noticed it controlled a few of them automatically without further tinkering with the settings. The only real thing I've done was install a SIX-AXIS driver and for some reason, touhou took a liking for it, as well as a few other fan games

hold on wait.. I can plug a ps3 controller into my pc's usb and it'll recognize it?

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 07:07:10 PM »
Less inspired by and more influenced by, people.
You haven't got the game, right?
We're not searching Something => Touhou, we're searching Touhou => Something.