Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic  (Read 243291 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
« Reply #570 on: November 06, 2019, 11:21:52 PM »
//Meh. I suppose Makai it is, but if things go to hell I'm blaming you :P

>Eat a candy.
>"You all look after yourselves while you're gone, okay?"

>Look to Patchouli
>"Will we be getting warnings when it's nearing the time to come back?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #571 on: November 08, 2019, 10:02:16 PM »
> Discreetly eat said candy as Patchouli might find it rude to start snacking while she's working hard

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #572 on: November 09, 2019, 03:09:42 PM »
> Good advice by Kogasa and by extension "Luci".

> Recall what our " First Landing" in Makai was like and especially what we lastly learned from experience and known of friendly Makaians particularly if so Helpful Artifact-Related because of the " Gungir Mission "

> Koakuma should certainly have some Neatly Helpful memories&past experiences but it would better to first get each other thoughts&bearings in order in Makai before asking.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 03:13:00 PM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #573 on: November 11, 2019, 08:52:28 PM »
//Meh. I suppose Makai it is, but if things go to hell I'm blaming you :P

> Discreetly eat said candy as Patchouli might find it rude to start snacking while she's working hard

>"You all look after yourselves while you're gone, okay?"

>Look to Patchouli
>"Will we be getting warnings when it's nearing the time to come back?"

/ Things aren't going to hell; they're only going to the Demon World

> You attempt to eat one of the Makai-Candies discreetly. You're sure Patchouli saw you anyway, but she didn't comment.

> "Koakuma will start to feel the pull of my magic." Patchouli responds.

> Good advice by Kogasa and by extension "Luci".

> Recall what our " First Landing" in Makai was like and especially what we lastly learned from experience and known of friendly Makaians particularly if so Helpful Artifact-Related because of the " Gungir Mission "

> Koakuma should certainly have some Neatly Helpful memories&past experiences but it would better to first get each other thoughts&bearings in order in Makai before asking.

> You recall your first entry to Makai was into what was basically a red wasteland with the occasional glowing pulse. There were a few small villages and rest stops; but not too much civilization outside of Paradise. You'd say from what you've seen of Makai it's even more rural than Gensokyo.

--

> With you all in position, Patchouli starts chanting words in a magical tongue, before the markings on the ground glow red. This light engulfs your vision, and when it fades...

---

> When the red fades, you find yourself in an area of Makai unlike anything you have seen before.

> You seem to be within what remains of a long-ruined building. The stone making it seems similar to marble. Strange plants wrap around the ruined walls; and various other ruined buildings. The sky here; as well as the natural ground, are both a deep purple. There even seems to be a bay, with a vast ocean... although the almost black liquid within is probably not water, and you get the distinct feeling that it might be liquid Maisma. You cannot help but feel a chill in the air. It is certainly colder than Paradise was.

> The area is silent. You do not even hear the wind. Koakuma however looks stunned.

> "W....ha....no... Impossible. The spell should have returned me to exactly where I was when Miss Patchouli first summoned me. But... that would mean that these ruins... my home..." the devil says quietly.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #574 on: November 11, 2019, 10:55:04 PM »
> Contemplate what Koakuma just said as we dreadfully realize what this means...
> whisper to ourselves in shock "Could this be Vina?  Someone tell me I'm wrong..."
> If this is true then everyone Koakuma knew and her home is gone, and they were the reason she was so excited to come back to Makai

> "We can't be sure, what if someone interfered with the spell?"
> Give Koakuma a moment to compose herself

> Does the liquid bear resemblance to our blood from Eirin's experiment?  When Koakuma composes herself see if we can inspect it up closely and maybe ask her about it

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #575 on: November 11, 2019, 11:07:54 PM »
> Contemplate what Koakuma just said as we dreadfully realize what this means...
> whisper to ourselves in shock "Could this be Vina?  Someone tell me I'm wrong..."
> If this is true then everyone Koakuma knew and her home is gone, and they were the reason she was so excited to come back to Makai

> "We can't be sure, what if someone interfered with the spell?"
> Give Koakuma a moment to compose herself

> Does the liquid bear resemblance to our blood from Eirin's experiment?  When Koakuma composes herself see if we can inspect it up closely and maybe ask her about it

> Koakuma manages to hear you whisper; due to the silent surroundings.

> "How do you know that name... yes, I lived in a City called Vina... we should be there. I signed up to be available for contracts in this very building and they almost immediately found someone who suited my talents who wished to summon a daemon."

> The daemon shakes her head. "No; the stone the ruins are made from, the view of the Bay; this is without a doubt Vina. Something... terrible must have happened when I was gone..."

> It's difficult to tell from this distance and the overall purple hue of everything. You can however feel a large amount of magic radiating from it, which is what makes you suspect it's liquid Maisma.

> In fact, looking at the various ruins across the view, it almost looks like Vina was a port city.

> A chill wind comes from the direction of the Bay. You can feel immense magic on the wind. Kogasa struggles a little with her umbrella against it.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #576 on: November 11, 2019, 11:10:46 PM »
>Fidget.
>"Someone I met told me of a ruin called Vina..."
>>Allow someone else to add on to this sentence because I cannot recall exactly what Louise said about it.

>Give Koa a hug.
>"I'm sorry for your loss..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #577 on: November 11, 2019, 11:17:04 PM »
> "Speaking of which, after we left Makai she claimed she was going to return to her home here and rest, so it might be a good idea to look for her"

> Inspect area, any objects of importance?

> Do we see any buildings that stand out?  Can we discern where the "center of town" was or maybe their library?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #578 on: November 12, 2019, 06:49:48 PM »
>Fidget.
>"Someone I met told me of a ruin called Vina..."
>>Allow someone else to add on to this sentence because I cannot recall exactly what Louise said about it.

>Give Koa a hug.
>"I'm sorry for your loss..."

> Koakuma doesn't respond to this verbally, but she does nod.

> After you hug the daemon, she gets up. "Well; I can't let Miss Patchouli down..." she remarks. She still sounds upset, but also resolved.

> "Speaking of which, after we left Makai she claimed she was going to return to her home here and rest, so it might be a good idea to look for her"

> Inspect area, any objects of importance?

> Do we see any buildings that stand out?  Can we discern where the "center of town" was or maybe their library?

> "Someone lives in this ruin?" the daemon remarks. "Did they have a name? Was it a daemon? A Witch? Wizard? Warlock? Some kind of magical beast?"

> "Lives might not be the right word..." Kogasa mutters.

> Koakuma looks at Kogasa confused. "Are you saying it's a ghost? There aren't Ghosts in Makai."

> Most of the buildings are little more than rubble, at least going down to the Bay [Aside from what were obviously ports]. However, you turn and look inland, and can see, further up the gradient, a large ruin that looks like some kind of Temple, that seems to be in far better condition than anything else around it.

> Notably; atop what remains of the building's domed roof seems to be a small statue of a six-winged being. The statue is badly damaged however, like everything else.

> As you look around, you notice some other things:

- There are occasional massive scars in the ground, while they are not more than about a foot deep, they stretch quite far.
- There are small bits of rubble just floating a above the ground. Nothing larger than your hand, and nothing higher than about two of yourself [Or Kogasa raising her umbrella as high as she can].
- A lot of the rubble seems to have fallen in the same direction. You can see piles of rubble that all look as if they crumbled towards the Bay.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #579 on: November 12, 2019, 07:39:26 PM »
> If there's no ghosts in Makai, then she's the only one.  I'm not sure what she was before she became a ghost though"

> Time to play detective and investigate what happened in Vina

> Considering the position of the fallen rubble do we think the damage to all the buildings was caused by a centralized blast?

> Inspect scars on the ground, what do we think made them?  Shrapnel and debris grazing the ground?

> Inspect statue closely, does the damage appear generalized or does it look like it was focused on a particular part.  Additionally how come a small statue like this is still standing?  Does it look like someone moved it of set it upright again?

> Make a mental note to visit the large better kept building later

> "I suggest we follow in the direction opposite of the rubble falling so we can ascertain if an explosion was the cause of the destruction"
> Follow that direction and try and figure out the origin of the blast

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #580 on: November 12, 2019, 08:34:06 PM »
> If there's no ghosts in Makai, then she's the only one.  I'm not sure what she was before she became a ghost though"

> Time to play detective and investigate what happened in Vina

> Considering the position of the fallen rubble do we think the damage to all the buildings was caused by a centralized blast?

> Inspect scars on the ground, what do we think made them?  Shrapnel and debris grazing the ground?

> Inspect statue closely, does the damage appear generalized or does it look like it was focused on a particular part.  Additionally how come a small statue like this is still standing?  Does it look like someone moved it of set it upright again?

> Make a mental note to visit the large better kept building later

> "I suggest we follow in the direction opposite of the rubble falling so we can ascertain if an explosion was the cause of the destruction"
> Follow that direction and try and figure out the origin of the blast

> "How strange, all souls of Makai return to Shinki and the Maisma and are reborn. Those from other worlds have their souls returned. A Ghost shouldn't exist in Makai." Koakuma says.

> "I think she said it was her ability. The ability to return after death." Kogasa pipes up.

> "How... bizzare." Koakuma replies.

> It certainly looks like the devastation could have come from some centralized blast.

> The marks on the ground do not seem to match with any of the debris near them. They look like something scoured the earth however.

> The small statue atop the Temple-like building's roof seems to have sustained heavy damage but remained standing. It is badly cracked; and has chunks missing, including most of it's head.

> You begin heading inland, up the incline, towards the general direction of the possible Temple.

> As you do so; you hear Koakuma remark solemnly; "We're heading towards what was the City Center. Vina was roughly divided into three parts. The Bay, the Center and the Fields. It's very different from Paradise, Vina was founded by immigrants to Makai; so it took after other worlds quite heavily."

> You note as you go further inland the gashes on the ground become more frequent. The building remains are larger. You even see the occasional remains of tree-like things, seemingly made from Crystal; not unlike those in Paradise. However, they too have been leveled like the buildings.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #581 on: November 13, 2019, 05:33:41 AM »
> "I don't understand it either, but there's lots of things I don't understand here, which is why I wanted to come back to Makai"

> So the blast center seems to be towards the Temple...
> Keep a close eye on the marks on the ground, do we think they were made by raining down magical projectiles or something physically being dragged or swiped across the surface?  Would they maybe resemble a crater on one end?

> Is there any evidence pointing to a conflict having taken place in the city?  Like were the residents fighting back and simply lost the battle or does it look more like a one sided slaughter?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #582 on: November 13, 2019, 10:04:09 PM »
> "I don't understand it either, but there's lots of things I don't understand here, which is why I wanted to come back to Makai"

> So the blast center seems to be towards the Temple...
> Keep a close eye on the marks on the ground, do we think they were made by raining down magical projectiles or something physically being dragged or swiped across the surface?  Would they maybe resemble a crater on one end?

> Is there any evidence pointing to a conflict having taken place in the city?  Like were the residents fighting back and simply lost the battle or does it look more like a one sided slaughter?

> The marks on the ground seem slightly less deep at each end.

> It's very difficult to tell, since you don't see any bodies or such. Although, as you head further inland, you see the occasional scorch mark, so it does seem like there might have been some sort of conflict.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #583 on: November 13, 2019, 10:42:17 PM »
> "The residents probably never stood a chance though judging from the proportions of damage.  It's hard to even comprehend who or what could cause destruction on this scale..."

> "The lack of bodies is troubling but also evidence in itself...  There had to have been *a lot* of them so why did the culprit go to such great efforts to get rid of any traces of them?  Either the bodies had crucial evidence pointing to the culprit like the cause of death *or* the method the culprit used on its own leaves no bodies, which could be useful in seriously narrowing down the possible culrpits based on who is and isn't capable of such a feat"

> Make a mental "suspects list" starting with everyone we know and cross out everyone who we're certain *isn't* capable of killing someone without leaving a body or blood"

> While moving look for anything else interesting that might tell us more about what happened

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #584 on: November 15, 2019, 11:02:46 PM »
> "The residents probably never stood a chance though judging from the proportions of damage.  It's hard to even comprehend who or what could cause destruction on this scale..."

> "The lack of bodies is troubling but also evidence in itself...  There had to have been *a lot* of them so why did the culprit go to such great efforts to get rid of any traces of them?  Either the bodies had crucial evidence pointing to the culprit like the cause of death *or* the method the culprit used on its own leaves no bodies, which could be useful in seriously narrowing down the possible culrpits based on who is and isn't capable of such a feat"

> Make a mental "suspects list" starting with everyone we know and cross out everyone who we're certain *isn't* capable of killing someone without leaving a body or blood"

> While moving look for anything else interesting that might tell us more about what happened

> "Magic experiments can be... volatile but not on this level." Koakuma remarks. "I'm not sure what could cause devastation on this level either. With no-one seemingly able to defend anything..."

> "Bodies of Makaians dissolve into Maisma swiftly." Koakuma explains. "But Vina was mostly immigrants. And they don't return to the Maisma. Still; Makai is another dimension... I don't know how long ago whatever happened occurred. But if it was a long time, surely at least bandits would have settled in Vina..."

> You try to make a mental suspects list; and then realise you hardly know anyone in Makai. You assume that Shinki; Elis and Yumeko are strong enough to cause bodies to vanish, and you think Yuki's Fire Magic, if as powerful as you were told; might be able to reduce things to Ash... but there's hardly any scorch marks, you'd think fire that intense would burn everything else too.

> You continue to approach the Temple. The damage to the buildings is becoming more intense, with hardly anything standing, and the rock fragments pulverized smaller. There are more marks on the ground, including outright impact craters in the streets.

> At this point, you reach the top of the incline, and are very near the Temple.

> Looking over the other side, you see more ruined buildings, and it indeed looks like the Temple was the epicenter. After what is clearly a hill now finishes, it opens up to ruins of fancier houses [Not as damaged as the normal ones due to their increased size and distance from the epicener; but still ruined] and overgrown fields that were clearly once worked, but are now choked with withered-looking vines and weeds.

> The Temple itself is surely in bad shape, and you note right next door is the remains of a clearly grand building too. Now you are closer, you can see the air around them sparking with magical surges, and streams of maisma coming from the greatest gashes you have seen so far in the ground, that glow with a blue aura. Both buildings seem to be in better repair than the rest of the town, likely due to their size and having been built of better stuff as important buildings in the center of Vina.

> Something about being here makes you feel unease. Similar to the sort of unease being near Shinki gave you due to her immense power. But without the warmth she gave off.

> You feel like you are being watched.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #585 on: November 15, 2019, 11:12:51 PM »
>"Does anybody else feel that? I feel both like we're being watched, and that some kind of powerful presence is here..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #586 on: November 15, 2019, 11:43:09 PM »
>"Does anybody else feel that? I feel both like we're being watched, and that some kind of powerful presence is here..."

> "Feel what?" Kogasa asks.

> "I do feel a greatt amount of power in this area..." Koakuma remarks.

> You still feel like something is watching you, from behind you.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #587 on: November 15, 2019, 11:45:51 PM »
>Glance behind us.
>If it's somehow Elis, do we think that we can instantly put up darkness or barriers around everyone to block a belial illusion?
>>If so, and it's Elis, do it.

//This seem like an okay plan, Tom?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #588 on: November 16, 2019, 05:51:45 AM »
// Of course!  That's one of the reasons we're here, to counter belial illusion.  Instead of making multiple barriers, try to make one larger one since there's only 3 of us, we're close to each other and Makai is naturally darker

> Glance behind by casually glancing to our side and using our peripheral vision to see behind us so its not obvious

> If we notice someone behind us that's not Elis act oblivious as if we didn't notice them and instead mark them on our compass-barrier with a tiny darkness sphere behind the center (us) so Kogasa and Koakuma know there's someone behind us without them turning around (and alerting the person that we noticed them)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #589 on: November 16, 2019, 10:06:31 PM »
>Glance behind us.
>If it's somehow Elis, do we think that we can instantly put up darkness or barriers around everyone to block a belial illusion?
>>If so, and it's Elis, do it.

//This seem like an okay plan, Tom?

// Of course!  That's one of the reasons we're here, to counter belial illusion.  Instead of making multiple barriers, try to make one larger one since there's only 3 of us, we're close to each other and Makai is naturally darker

> Glance behind by casually glancing to our side and using our peripheral vision to see behind us so its not obvious

> If we notice someone behind us that's not Elis act oblivious as if we didn't notice them and instead mark them on our compass-barrier with a tiny darkness sphere behind the center (us) so Kogasa and Koakuma know there's someone behind us without them turning around (and alerting the person that we noticed them)

> You always have your darkness sphere up around yourself unless you've otherwise stated such.

> You glance behind you, and see... some kind of weird floating eye peeking between some rubble. As you turn, the eye closes; getting smaller as it closes until it vanishes. It clearly was not an Evil Eye or anything like that, it's just an eye with some weird energy radiating from it.

> You'd mark the spot the eye was; but it vanished when it closed.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #590 on: November 16, 2019, 10:08:47 PM »
//Oh hello YuugenMagan. Looking as beautifully eldritch as ever today.

>Friendly wave at the spot where the eye was, maybe they're just shy!
>Keep our guard up.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #591 on: November 16, 2019, 11:40:19 PM »
//Oh hello YuugenMagan. Looking as beautifully eldritch as ever today.

>Friendly wave at the spot where the eye was, maybe they're just shy!
>Keep our guard up.

> You keep your guard up.

> The eye re-appears; hardly squinting and tiny. As if peeping to see if you're still there. It immediately closes and vanishes again.

> By this point; Kogasa has noticed you and has turned her umbrella 180 degrees so the eye on that is looking where you are.

> "What's so interesting over there? I don't see anything." the karakasa says quite loudly.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #592 on: November 16, 2019, 11:47:25 PM »
>Wince.
>"Some kind of floating eye keeps looking at us and vanishing, I'm not sure if they're friendly or not, or if they're the presence I'm feeling. Anyway, best case they're just curious, but shy. Worst case we're unknowingly trespassing on someone's turf. Keep your guard up, if they wish to speak with us I'm sure they'll approach us on their own when they're ready. Hopefully they're not one of those 'shoot first' types..."

//This okay tom?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #593 on: November 17, 2019, 02:05:44 AM »
> Also say somewhat loudly "Nothing really, just watching our back as usual"

// Shorten that down to this and whisper it
> Whisper "I think I saw some kind of eye apparition appear, we don't know if they're hostile or just cautious, after all we're new here and this is Makai.  Let's just act oblivious while keeping our guard up"

> Keep looking around for clues as to what happened here while also making sure no bullets are headed our way

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #594 on: November 17, 2019, 11:09:49 PM »
>Wince.

> You wince

> Also say somewhat loudly "Nothing really, just watching our back as usual"

// Shorten that down to this and whisper it
> Whisper "I think I saw some kind of eye apparition appear, we don't know if they're hostile or just cautious, after all we're new here and this is Makai.  Let's just act oblivious while keeping our guard up"

> Keep looking around for clues as to what happened here while also making sure no bullets are headed our way

> "Act oblivious?" Kogasa remarks, managing to be quiet with that. "Oh; if we pretend we don't know we can surprise them when we do know!"

> You continue looking around; getting closer to the Temple as you do so. Nothing particually interesting presents itself; but you keep seeing the eye looking at you from the very corner of your own vision; half-open.

> You then see two at once, one peeking out of rubble on both your sides.

> You feel something in your head.

> ~Why?~

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #595 on: November 18, 2019, 12:14:01 AM »
>Blink. Did we imagine a voice in our head just now?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #596 on: November 18, 2019, 12:21:44 AM »
> Look around in surprise for a bit before realizing the voice in in our head

> Try and respond by thinking of saying "Because we're not here to provoke or cause trouble, we're just investigating what happened here"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #597 on: November 18, 2019, 12:52:12 AM »
> Try and respond by thinking of saying "Because we're not here to provoke or cause trouble, we're just investigating what happened here"
//We're not sure the context behind the why yet.

>Let's hold on this for now, a simple ~Hello?~ will suffice until it responds.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #599 on: November 18, 2019, 10:38:41 PM »
>Blink. Did we imagine a voice in our head just now?

> You certainly heard something.

> Look around in surprise for a bit before realizing the voice in in our head

> Try and respond by thinking of saying ...

//We're not sure the context behind the why yet.

>Let's hold on this for now, a simple ~Hello?~ will suffice until it responds.

> You think of saying hello.

> The two eyes in the corners of your vision open up more. You actually feel a pain in your head, and looking at Koakuma and Kogasa you think they are experiencing the same.

> ~Whyyyyyy?~ the voice says louder and more clearly. The voice sounds greatly solemn, and as if it is having difficulty with the words. ~Why are you... here... ~