Author Topic: Logan: A Fox Marvel Movie That's Actually Good?  (Read 2231 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Logan: A Fox Marvel Movie That's Actually Good?
« on: March 06, 2017, 05:02:49 AM »
Just got back from seeing Logan. It's good. I had a lot of problems with it and ultimately didn't really find it to be that enjoyable to watch, but it's definitely a solid movie.

Spoiler:
It's too long by a couple of scenes and becomes a brutal slog after a while. There's a whole extended sequence around the middle that really doesn't need to be in the movie on like any level (the whole part with that rural family that ends up getting massacred) that's both extremely hard to watch AND unnecessary, and it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

Ultimately the grimdark-tier violence and the fact that a lot of it was against children rubbed me the wrong way. I get that it's part of the story and the point of the movie, but there was definitely an element of "we can finally show blood so let's go completely nuts and just have dozens and dozens and dozens of brutal dismemberments" that I kind of found to be both tedious and distasteful. That's not to say I didn't like the movie, but I liked it much less than I might have with a little more restraint in when to whip out the ultraviolence.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.