Author Topic: ZUN Makes Mario  (Read 2195 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
ZUN Makes Mario
« on: December 14, 2016, 12:47:36 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkUf6L0_NSk

I'm subscribed to Polygon's Youtube channel to see Car Boys, so I was pretty surprised to see a video of our beloved ZUN pop up in their feed. That level looks fun. Might be too hard for me, I suck at Mario, but I'm gonna have to give it a try.

(If this is the wrong place for this or it's been posted elsewhere already and I missed it I apologize. I looked around and didn't see it anywhere else.)

Edit: Oh yeah, and does anyone recognize that room he's in with all the Touhou merch? Where is that?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
Re: ZUN Makes Mario
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 03:48:32 AM »
Oh ZUN. Gets told to make mario and still ends up making Touhou. That being said, it does seem like a really fun level. I always enjoyed the mario levels that were a bit like that.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 03:57:07 AM »
Is he trying to make STG in Mario Maker? lmao

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 09:10:09 AM »
That is definitely a SHMUP-like stage made by him. Especially when he had the flying-thing with fireballs.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 05:08:14 PM »
That Magikoopa rain at the end was actually pretty clever!

Also nice to see the big man is the kind of person who pushes against the screen in autoscroll levels rather than hang back to get more time to read the obstacles.