Author Topic: Psycho-Pass: The Movie  (Read 2775 times)

Psycho-Pass: The Movie
« on: January 04, 2015, 10:33:36 PM »
I feel as if I have an excuse for being repulsed by Psycho-Pass 2 in the fact that its directors and writers changed.

However, Gen Urobuchi and Katsuyuki Motohiro will be back as the respective writer and chief director in Psycho-Pass: The Movie.

Release date is January 09, 2015.
Is there no-one else that is crazy hype?

Re: Psycho-Pass: The Movie
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 02:47:37 PM »
I'm pretty hyped, though I havn't watched the Second Season yet  :blush:

It might take some time however, before we are able to watch it in good quality and subbed :(

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 01:53:16 PM »
I'm excited. Ready to pretend I didn't see Psycho-Pass 2 and that this was season two the whole time. Plus maybe this will finally get us some modest Psycho-Pass merchandise so I can get a Figma for my Shelf Of Gen Urobuchi Figmas. Expelled From Paradise was pretty great, so I have every reason to assume Urobuchi can handle movies and that this will be great.

It has to be great, right? :ohdear:
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 07:17:04 PM »
Raws should be coming out today.

I don't think quality should be a problem, but subs might be.
Does anyone know any groups that are doing this? I haven't heard of Crunchyroll doing it, but I might just be looking in the wrong places.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 08:51:57 PM »
Isn't the movie premiere today? Unless you want camrip quality, you'll be waiting a while, even assuming a camrip appears. And on top of that, the sub quality on a camrip would likely be garbage.
All of the Psycho-Pass anime materials are licensed by Funi, but unless I'm mistaken, it's only distribution rights for the movie.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 05:12:54 AM »
Isn't the movie premiere today? Unless you want camrip quality, you'll be waiting a while, even assuming a camrip appears. And on top of that, the sub quality on a camrip would likely be garbage.
All of the Psycho-Pass anime materials are licensed by Funi, but unless I'm mistaken, it's only distribution rights for the movie.

Ah, man, I wasn't really thinking. Was pretty much under the presumption it'd work like Tsukimonogatari, or like a really lengthy OVA in a TV series.

Instead, it seems to be closer to how a movie at the Rave would work.
Seems like it'll be a month or more after the premier date for anything close to an official-subs release, which makes sense; thanks for saying as much.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:16:35 AM by Rotten-senpai »