Author Topic: Favorite music piece or OST?  (Read 2285 times)

Midnight_Sparky

• Hello there frand
Favorite music piece or OST?
« on: April 05, 2015, 03:43:01 PM »
on this post i would like to know everyone's Faverite touhou related music peices weather it be cannon or fan-made game music or it can even be music from the albums. anything at all! providing its related to touhou~

canon music
Personally i love a huge amount of cannon music to even begin with naming them individually but i suppose the IN, SA and UFO Sound tracks are so amazing~
im also a pretty large fan of the album music that accompanies touhou i find it cleaver how ZUN tells amazing stories with the music as well as making you feel immersed with the surroundings!  ( Hiroshige No.36 ~ Neo Super-Express being an example of his~)

Fan-made
Same with the cannon part there are loads however music that stands out the most for me are the Heavenly gathering of clouds OST and also riverbed soul saver and mystical power plant are also fangames that sport sublime OST!

Re: Favorite music piece or OST?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 03:50:33 PM »
IMO this is the only cannon work that does it right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNatwyAJ6dI

Midnight_Sparky

• Hello there frand
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 03:58:41 PM »
I see what you did there OuO Wrong type of canon :P my bad for misspelling.

Tsuken Yasashi

• Student of War
  • Ready to start fightin' for real?
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 05:03:42 PM »
Canon: I love the UFO Soundtrack of Touhou, but the Primal Scene of Japan the Girl Saw is my singles fave.

Fanon: Byakuren's Theme in Violin/Piano.  It has a lot of feels with it!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:36:54 PM by Ninja575 »

Between Two Dimensions - Arc One Complete

"War is a grave affair of state; it is a place of life and death, a road to survival and extinction.  A matter to be pondered carefully..."  -Sun Tzu's Art of War

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 06:24:45 PM »
Canon for me would be Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke.

For a fandom thing, I really like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToSLxKlbnPU) particular version of Faint Dream ~ Inanimate Dream.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 06:33:57 PM »
Hm. Seems we have a very similar thread here, but it didn't really belong in the Caf?. I guess this can be the thread for one's absolute favorite official and/or fanmade theme, and the other thread is the Top Ten? Sure, let's go with that.

Voyage 1969/History of the Moon would be tied for first place in terms of official themes. All of IN's soundtrack is great, imo, but these two are stand-out pieces in terms of composition and fitting the mood.

Where fan arranges go, I think RD Sounds' take on Wind God Girl is simply phenomenal.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 07:25:43 PM »
My favourite canon piece is Faith is for the Transient People, as I said in the other topic.

Favourite fanon piece is R'lyeh, the Capital of the Dead from Riverbed Soul Saver. Link.

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 11:25:08 PM »
My favorite theme is Lost Emotion.

As far as arranges go, I don't really listen to many of them but Jynx's The Inevitably Forbidden Game is one of my favorites.

For original fan themes it's really tough, but I think I have to say Beneath a Deep Vanishing Cloud ~ Mow Down from Len'En 2 is my favorite, with Life Guiding Song ~ Prospect Mirai from MPP being a cloase second.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Midnight_Sparky

• Hello there frand
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 12:08:13 AM »
Breaking news: i have a new favorite theme its called Ancient Children's Song ~ Firefly from touhou Heavenly Gathering of Clouds