Author Topic: CPSS6: A New Beginning - Reveal List Posted  (Read 202881 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Cirno's Perfect Secret Santa 6: A New Beginning
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2014, 06:13:23 PM »
Hmm, I'll think about it. I'd feel compelled to top what I sent last year, and that'll be a thing.

I can attest that the 9 Ball still gets a lot of mileage. The fact that the opposite of what it says is true has charmed a number of people, my partner among them. Still looking for a colorist for Syameimaru, but the food was eaten within minutes of opening the box.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Santa Hakurei

• On the first day of Chrismas Yukari gapped to me
  • A red block with a big white P
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2014, 06:24:47 PM »
Also, who actually took up the mantle? Kilga?
Santa Hakurei is Santa Hakurei  :D
I'll also accept Reimu Claus as an alternative name.
Spoiler:
(Kilga's never participated IIRC)

I think my question got lost :P
Sorry about that.  It's really a personal call.  The window of arrival of Secret Santa gifts can be pretty big, we've had gifts arrive in November before, and while there's always a few late presents due to unforeseen shipping delays the vast majority do arrive by the 25th. 

Like Jq mentions it's probably safest to send it to your permanent address, but if you'll be at your mom's for an extended period of time or she's close enough that you can grab the package if it's late you can opt to send it there.

Also first post has been updated with a few more participants, keep them coming!

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2014, 06:35:50 PM »
Aaaah right now I'm SO tempted to sign up but I have no money (...or do I? I wanna buy a cellphone but if I decide to sign up there will be no cellphone for christmas :<) and it seems I'm gonna be pretty busy with finals... and I'm incredibly slow. What should I dooooo???? WHAT SHOULD I DOOOOO??? Because last year's SS was awesome. I think I'm gonna check out shipping prices first and I'll decide then.

춤추는 작은 까탈레나~

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2014, 07:01:29 PM »
Righto, my mum lives 4 hours away and I'll be there for about a week starting on the 18th Dec, so... yeah I guess I'll play it safe and use my permanent address. If the package doesn't arrive before then it'll just have to wait until New Year to get unboxed, haha.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2014, 10:02:14 PM »
I'm broke and may have trouble getting to a post office, but I am in.

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2014, 11:59:50 PM »
Santa Hakurei is Santa Hakurei
I'll also accept Reimu Claus as an alternative name.
Spoiler:
(Kilga's never participated IIRC)
That's what I was thinking, but tend to associate fake yellow accounts with him because of Suwako Moriya.
The Christmas Mystery continues.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2014, 12:46:12 AM »
this will probably be the first year I'll actually send something hand made so wink wink nudge nudge
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2014, 02:34:26 AM »
I have a ~*~Real Income~*~ for the first time ever, so I am super in! Will send personal details in a PM whenever I get home though.

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2014, 06:20:44 AM »
Well, I sat out last year due to lack of funds, but it looks like I'm able to join in this time around.

Whoop whoop.

Santa Hakurei

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2014, 02:33:38 PM »
Got another round of people signed up and we're at 20 - just shy of half last year's total already!  I am filled with holiday cheer with the response so far!

Can we top last year's number?  Can we break 50?  Stay tuned!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2014, 04:01:49 PM »
Not expecting to top number of previous year.

I wonder who I get this year. Because I have been brainstorming a bit about my approach for this year.   :justasplanned:

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2014, 05:33:37 PM »
That's what I was thinking, but tend to associate fake yellow accounts with him because of Suwako Moriya.

Suwako Moriya

fake yellow accounts

fake

We need to have some words, boy-o?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2014, 05:33:43 PM »
I'm in.

And so is Raikaria.

I actually told Suikama that I was going to sign him up this year and that he needed to save his money.  I wonder if he remembers...

I think my question got lost :P
"Hey mom, I'm expecting a package from some random person on the internet that I've never met, is it cool if they send it here instead of my place?"

Depends on how cool your mom is with hearing that, and also when you're getting back from her place imo.  There's a risk of the package arriving at your place after you've left for the holidays.

Aaaah right now I'm SO tempted to sign up but I have no money (...or do I? I wanna buy a cellphone but if I decide to sign up there will be no cellphone for christmas :<) and it seems I'm gonna be pretty busy with finals... and I'm incredibly slow. What should I dooooo???? WHAT SHOULD I DOOOOO??? Because last year's SS was awesome. I think I'm gonna check out shipping prices first and I'll decide then.
Do it because it's fun and cool!  Don't do it if you're lame!

The Christmas Mystery continues.
Kilga has never participated ever.  He's 2lame

Not expecting to top number of previous year.

I wonder who I get this year. Because I have been brainstorming a bit about my approach for this year.   :justasplanned:

Oh ye of little faith.  We're still missing our Canadians and our SGP group, so that should help.  It'd be cool if we increased our German count as well.  Es ist viel spa?!

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »
"Hey mom, I'm expecting a package from some random person on the internet that I've never met, is it cool if they send it here instead of my place?"

Depends on how cool your mom is with hearing that, and also when you're getting back from her place imo.  There's a risk of the package arriving at your place after you've left for the holidays.
My mum's eyes would gleam with excitement and she would insist I open it in front of everyone, lol. She's really cool with internet stuff. I put down my permanent address anyway. Worse case scenario I'll just have to open it nearer New Year.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2014, 06:52:43 PM »
You can always send an update if you change you mind in the next week or so. Like Rin said if it comes while you're at your mom's do you have roommates or something who can bring it in/sign for it/keep it from sitting on the doorstep unattended worst case scenario?   If your place will be empty then it might be safer to send it to your mom's especially if you'll be there through New Year's, which would encompass pretty much every late arrival that historically happened.

(My mom always asks what country we send/get from each year she thinks it's cool too :V)

What should I dooooo???? WHAT SHOULD I DOOOOO???
Don't go broke or anything but you make such cute things last year I can't not encourage you :3

There's a lot of veterans missing from that list (like me I am a slacker :fail:) so I do expect to hit if not exceed last year's count.

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2014, 08:18:32 PM »
You can always send an update if you change you mind in the next week or so. Like Rin said if it comes while you're at your mom's do you have roommates or something who can bring it in/sign for it/keep it from sitting on the doorstep unattended worst case scenario?   If your place will be empty then it might be safer to send it to your mom's especially if you'll be there through New Year's, which would encompass pretty much every late arrival that historically happened.

(My mom always asks what country we send/get from each year she thinks it's cool too :V)
I think it'll be okay! We actually live right next door to the post office distribution centre, so it'll take me about five seconds to get the parcel if it arrives when I'm not around. Our block of flats is pretty secure and I've seen huge packages sitting outside people's doors for days on end before. I think as long as it's not sent through one of those carriers that sends it back if they don't get it signed for within three delivery attempts or something, it should work out! (We'll be back before New Year too.)

I guess this might mean if I get a lazy partner I won't notice if it's late by a few days. Gamble wisely, my friends :V

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2014, 05:22:58 AM »
We need to have some words, boy-o?
Yes, it's Do you even CHRISTMAS CHEER?
Yippee ki-yay Mo' Fo.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2014, 06:06:39 AM »
Yes, it's Do you even CHRISTMAS CHEER?
Yippee ki-yay Mo' Fo.
Throwing down with a goddess?  Hardly very festive there, hm?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Drake

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2014, 06:11:36 AM »
My mum's eyes would gleam with excitement and she would insist I open it in front of everyone, lol. She's really cool with internet stuff. I put down my permanent address anyway. Worse case scenario I'll just have to open it nearer New Year.
Secretly she's waiting for the one day you get a NSFW package

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2014, 08:51:24 AM »
Oh ye of little faith.  We're still missing our Canadians and our SGP group, so that should help.  It'd be cool if we increased our German count as well.  Es ist viel spa?!
I can only represent Clogsland as it is.

Speaking of representing, how many fellow Dutchies are on this anyway?

Maybe add country behind the names?

Santa Hakurei

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2014, 01:54:59 PM »
Perhaps.  I can say that right now we've got 8 different countries represented - so much holiday cheer to spread!  This is missing a few countries that we have Secret Santa veterans from so that number will only go up up up!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2014, 01:58:19 PM »
I'm in.

And so is Raikaria.

Confirming. Thanks for remembering Tengu. I was wondering when this would start up.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2014, 02:54:39 PM »
IN IT 2 WIN IT

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2014, 03:11:56 PM »
I like Santa Hakurei's avatar. Already feeling the christmas spirit boiling up slowly.

But first us Dutchies have our St Nicolas (Sinterklaas) with our racist and discriminating people for Zwarte Piet celebrations.

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2014, 04:21:27 PM »
Well, I'm in  :X

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2014, 05:15:09 PM »
Like Rin said
Man that's super weird to read, please just call me Vic.

I think it'll be okay! We actually live right next door to the post office distribution centre, so it'll take me about five seconds to get the parcel if it arrives when I'm not around. Our block of flats is pretty secure and I've seen huge packages sitting outside people's doors for days on end before.
woop woop unamerican spotted!

Secretly she's waiting for the one day you get a NSFW package
Waiting on you buddy

I can only represent Clogsland as it is.

Speaking of representing, how many fellow Dutchies are on this anyway?

Maybe add country behind the names?
p.sure you're the only one on here, and quite possibly the only Turk?

If everyone's cool with it I think it'd be nice to see how international we are.  In the past we've participants from:
USA
Canada
UK
Germany
Japan
Brazil
Malaysia
Singapore
South Africa
Colombia

Confirming. Thanks for remembering Tengu. I was wondering when this would start up.
more fun!

IN IT 2 WIN IT
YEAH BUDDY BOY!!!!

Well, I'm in  :X
Sehr Gut!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2014, 05:28:58 PM »
In fact, the entire Icelandic Touhou Community has participated in the past two CPSS's as well.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2014, 05:42:14 PM »
If everyone's cool with it I think it'd be nice to see how international we are.  In the past we've participants from:
USA
Canada
UK
Germany
Japan
Brazil
Malaysia
Singapore
South Africa
Colombia
Now, I represent France. Youpi.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 06:00:30 PM »
In fact, the entire Icelandic Touhou Community has participated in the past two CPSS's as well.
Send me a hot dog

Now, I represent France. Youpi.
In the past yo, gotta give it time :P

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2014, 06:01:35 PM »
In the past we've participants from:
USA
Canada
UK
Germany
Japan
Brazil
Malaysia
Singapore
South Africa
Colombia
WHERE THE **** IS THE NETHERLANDS?

p.sure you're the only one on here, and quite possibly the only Turk?
Then I'll represent Turkey and The Netherlands?  :]