Author Topic: Legacy of a Different Gensokyo I - The Hakurei Shrine Competition  (Read 2140 times)

aranicar

• The Expressive Poker Face
  • Wasting time again
I've been working on a Touhou fanfic since I discovered Touhou two years ago (I didn't know I was writing a fanfic back then, they were just stories in my head whenever I got bored).  Now I've gotten to the point where I feel confident enough to post it up for others to read.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10533868/1/Legacy-of-a-Different-Gensokyo-I-The-Hakurei-Shrine-Competition

Here's the summary:
It has been one and a half years since the Moriya Shrine incident, and astonishingly, there had been no incidents. Bored, Marisa manages to convince Reimu to host the Hakurei Shrine Competition, where 16 specially chosen competitors duel for the title of being the winner of the first tournament ever hosted in Gensokyo.

I'm striving to update every two weeks, with this Saturday being Chapter 1.  Any feedback or comments are appreciated!

They still haven't changed the Canada flag to US.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Re: Legacy of a Different Gensokyo I - The Hakurei Shrine Competition
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 07:04:56 PM »
One and a half years, huh? So around Subterranean Animism?

I also love how you had Patchy combine all of her EoSD spell cards into her own. I wonder if that's even allowed by the spell card rules (merging spell cards into a single card).

But imitation is allowed (See: Marisa, and possibly Satori)
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

aranicar

• The Expressive Poker Face
  • Wasting time again
Re: Legacy of a Different Gensokyo I - The Hakurei Shrine Competition
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 11:47:43 PM »
One and a half years, huh? So around Subterranean Animism?

I also love how you had Patchy combine all of her EoSD spell cards into her own. I wonder if that's even allowed by the spell card rules (merging spell cards into a single card).

But imitation is allowed (See: Marisa, and possibly Satori)

In this universe, the spell card rules only serve as the mechanism for non-lethal combat (amongst the humans and youkai) and so is only limited by the user.  Everything is fair game.  Technically she's not merging spell cards, she's just calling them all at the same time.  :D

They still haven't changed the Canada flag to US.