Author Topic: Samplin' [Music Question]  (Read 1541 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Samplin' [Music Question]
« on: March 25, 2014, 09:15:18 PM »
Sorry if you already have a thread dedicated to random questions, but, I am composing a rap song and would very much like to sample game music from Touhou Project to make it happen. Something like a few seconds, on a loop, with a beat.

Is this kosher? Can one use a sample of ZUN's own work as a part of a larger piece? Credit would of course be attributed where due.

Thanks in advance and sorry if you guys deal with folks posting random questions here all the time as their own threads
Spoiler:
, like I do in TARC

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

pineyappled

Re: Samplin' [Music Question]
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 10:03:08 PM »
Seems like a no, sorry.
1. Using game data other than screenshots is forbidden.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 10:59:02 PM »
Yep, seems pretty clear. Thanks!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 05:24:12 AM »
This got locked for some reason as I was trying to reply the other day

Was gonna say, you're probably fine making or asking someone to make a simple arrange with the bits you need, that way you avoid using the original audio data and add a bit more originality to the thing you're making
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .