Author Topic: Add a Reddit field  (Read 3453 times)

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
Add a Reddit field
« on: June 06, 2013, 12:35:31 AM »
In the same way we can link to YouTube and DeviantArt accounts. I suggest we also have an option to link to Reddit accounts. I'll make an icon if necessary.

Bio

• resident walker
Re: Add a Reddit field
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 10:54:08 AM »
But why would anyone need to know someone's Reddit?

Imosa

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 12:39:47 PM »
But why would anyone need to know someone's Reddit?
Same reason they would want to know all those other things.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 01:05:18 PM »
Do Reddit accounts allow for the submission an organization of original content like YouTube and deviantArt do? Honest question, as I don't use Reddit.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 01:21:58 PM »
Same reason they would want to know all those other things.
Well with these other accounts your original submissions are tied to that account and also other users can add you and at least to some degree contact you. With Reddit, I feel that the only use of an account is to reap glorious karma and that it doesn't really matter if you know who someone is or not.
I mean who here actually even posts on Reddit?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 02:45:19 PM »
Kilga: You can create OC, upload it elsewhere, and then link to it from Reddit, but the site itself is text-based.

I think there is like, zero need for this. And Reddit is a misogynist pit of fedora'd sperglords, but that's neither here nor there.

OK, to be more fair, regardless of how the site is, it seems this is more a solution looking for a problem. Reddit has a Touhou sub, and if we have Redditors here, they likely know of each other already, even without knowing it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:27:44 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Imosa

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 01:32:19 AM »
Kilga: You can create OC, upload it elsewhere, and then link to it from Reddit, but the site itself is text-based.

I think there is like, zero need for this. And Reddit is a misogynist pit of fedora'd sperglords, but that's neither here nor there.

OK, to be more fair, regardless of how the site is, it seems this is more a solution looking for a problem. Reddit has a Touhou sub, and if we have Redditors here, they likely know of each other already, even without knowing it.
Well, there is at least one Redditor here who doesn't know anyone else. In any case I see your point.