Author Topic: Guilty Alice! ROUND 14 OVERRR  (Read 250376 times)

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! Week 1!
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2013, 09:45:33 PM »
You're fine, Bound. We're all still waiting for Pasu anyway... Pasu where are you?? <:U

I wonder if I could make a special server on my machine for the contest.
Hm... thinking seriously, that might get around 2-4 weeks until basic functionality (img upload/vote) is done. Actually, it is possible to do it in a day, but I'll probably be as lazy as always and spend lots of time just elephanting around. :V
I probably need a heavy punch to start drawing instead of doing mostly useless projects. ._.
Just draw! It feels kind of weird for a simple game like this to have its own server anyway... Maybe if this becomes a really big thing in the future :U
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:47:59 PM by KrackoCloud »

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2013, 10:07:34 PM »
You're fine, Bound. We're all still waiting for Pasu anyway... Pasu where are you?? <:U
Just draw! It feels kind of weird for a simple game like this to have its own server anyway... Maybe if this becomes a really big thing in the future :U

:V
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2013, 10:31:21 PM »
Whilst we wait for Pasu to come in I went and made a hasty draft for this.

Had another completed work (will probably upload as part of batch sketch dump later) for this, but noticed quite a lot of flaws in it after IceFireBolt and I were discussing my first submission here. But hey, that's just how we learn. :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

KrackoCloud

« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2013, 10:42:29 PM »
Whilst we wait for Pasu to come in I went and made a hasty draft for this.

Had another completed work (will probably upload as part of batch sketch dump later) for this, but noticed quite a lot of flaws in it after IceFireBolt and I were discussing my first submission here. But hey, that's just how we learn. :V
Oh, that's clever - I forgot about Hatate.

So that's your entry then, right?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2013, 01:07:26 AM »
Yeah, using this instead of earlier work.
Bad command or file name

pineyappled

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2013, 06:14:50 AM »
Quote from: pasu
-
post already srsly

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

KrackoCloud

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2013, 07:38:47 AM »
AAAHHHHHHH IT'S TIIIIIIIIME TO VOOOOOOOOOTE

+2 Venappo
+1 Kinoko

I'm sure +2 rank will be an easy choice for most people.
Venappo: How can I not +2? Miko just looks too cool. I love how you put her name at bottom. And then you draw a whale tree and blow it all off like the drawing's no big deal?! Crazy.
I really did struggle with my +1 vote though. I also had KazeSenshi and Freeze-Ex in mind.
Kinoko: Your drawing admittedly seemed a little dull at first, but the more I looked at it the more I appreciated the attitude Utsuho's outfit exuded. It feels very modern Asian girl! I like it a lot now.
Desu_Cake: You may want to consider drawing more than just a head. We're talking about fashion! You can't really draw fashion without drawing most of the body..
Bound: I'm glad you made it in time, actually. I'm looking forward to seeing your future drawings! Your style is a lot more Western than the animu we usually see around here, so I admit it may take some getting used to, but otherwise I can find almost nothing wrong with your picture. The only thing I might suggest is to make Kaguya's face a little more feminine maybe.

Don't feel too bad Pasu :U In the end it's only one day - seriously doubt this will be the only time we ever extend deadlines too.

Voting ends Tues, March 5.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:43:47 PM by KrackoCloud »

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Week 1 voting has begun!!
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2013, 08:26:52 AM »
+2 Krackocloud
+1 Sixten

Love in first sight with casual Yuyuko, I just, really really like the fresh feeling she gave!
As for second place I was torn between Vyrien's and Sixten's yuukas because holy hot damn but I chose Sixten's windows era Yuuka in the end because it was more relevant to me (I wear clothes like that :L )

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2013, 10:37:29 AM »
+2 Venappo
+1 Vyrien

Venappo's an obvious one. The crisp, edgy look, combined with the relatively flat shading, contribute towards quite a grooving sense. That would definitely fit well towards the audiophile Miko design!

I like Vyrien's choice of design for Yuka. She looks as if she's in a biker gang. Good attention to shading and texture as well.

Brief commentary and critique time for the rest:
  • Jq1790 - simple and effective. Maybe a bit too simple though - some more details would be good. Yukkuri sun's a bit silly.
  • Sixten - I like Yuka's heavy outlines and crisp appearance. I kinda think that a tracksuit and hoodie don't match up with a parasol however - a sunflower field background would be a better fit in both character and background.
  • Merp - they look ready for business. Yuyuko seems a tad muddy to read, alas.
  • KrackoCloud - simple and effective. Methinks a lighter blue for the shirt would fit better, acting as intermediate between black jacket and white dress.
  • MW - lovely detailed outline. It resembles neo-Renaissance outfits to me for some reason, but hey, that could very well be the next new thing! :V
  • KazeSenshi - good technical improvements. I like the head and face. Just going to point out one thing here (others can come over time) - the buttons are on the wrong side. :P
  • Formless - simple and effective once again. More variety in the lines couldn't hurt, though. :P
  • kinoko - Good apparel, especially the pants! There is something about the face that offsets me though....
  • Desu_Cake - Thought it was Ichirin until I saw the filename.  Looks okay but it isn't seeming too contemporary.
  • Freeze-Ex - Looks fantastic already - would love to see a finalised version.
  • Bound - interesting style - somehow reminds me of Don Bluth and Disney animations (Minoriko Mulan perhaps? :V). Forehead's a tad crushed though - rule of thumb, eyes should be at the halfway mark of the head's height. Thematically I'm not too sure how well it ties in with this.
  • Pasu - Pasuhead shirts galore! Fairly simple and effective....but since when was Remi a crow tengu? :getdown:
Bad command or file name

Akitake

• MW
  • arrivederci~
    • PIXIV
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2013, 12:22:31 PM »
+2 Sixten
+1 Venappo

Sixten: simple, refreshing, casual look really captivates me for some reason. Crisp, and I like it! sometimes details doesn't mean everything, and this drawing made me realize that that
Venappo: impressive design skills, as usual. gj

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2013, 12:56:54 PM »
+2 Venappo
+1 Pasu

Venappo's is an obvious choice, the little details really make it for me and Miko is very stylistically striking, most excellent.

Pasu, better late than never. :V This one I really like. I think it's the long shirt and tights, I fucking love long shirts and tights.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:26:07 PM by Vyrien »
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2013, 12:57:40 PM »
+2 Formless Void
+1 Pasu

BTW, who is the one by Void? :V

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2013, 12:59:28 PM »
Tenshi

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2013, 01:17:54 PM »
+2 Vyrien
+1 Freeze-Ex

• Desu_Cake - Thought it was Ichirin until I saw the filename.  Looks okay but it isn't seeming too contemporary.
I guess the 70's just don't count as contemporary any more. :V

« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2013, 01:52:09 PM »
Pasu+2
Kinoko+1

Pasu:
Loli+one piece undershirt+stripes stocking = less is MOE
wins the game  :getdown:
something about the simple coloring and the emotion attracts me
and dat wing
glad pasu made it
need moar MOE :getdown:

Kinoko:
Jesus! space dimension pant!
not only it's contemporary
but it's also remain the character's identity
creativity win!

fix: oopz sry I got the wrong name |//O>
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:13:12 PM by Freeze-Ex »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2013, 05:12:45 PM »
This was hard ;-;

+2 V-v-v-vento
+1 Vyrien

Toyo doesn't get any cooler than that.
Neither does Yuuka, for that matter. Added bonus: I'd totally want her number, because damn.

Special mention to Formless and Freeze, I hard a hard time choosing between these 4 :|
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

pineyappled

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2013, 05:17:03 PM »
+1 Pasu- Them leggings.
+1 Sixten- Cute!
Spoiler:
please tell me you don't actually wear sweats outside though

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2013, 05:36:49 PM »
+2 Venappo: The fact that Miko looks somewhat boyish really works here. "He" is the "prince" after all. Very cool and very well drawn.
+1 Freeze-Ex: Technique-wise, the best drawn of all the pictures here. Also the clothes are fitting.

Edit: Bold text

Formless God

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »
+1 6-10
+1 venappo

sexy scarf text

Merp

« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2013, 06:15:32 PM »
+2 Venappo

+1 Void
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2013, 07:09:14 PM »
+2 Venappo: I think I can't say anything that hasn't been said already, that's one amazing Miko right there. The style couldn't be more fitting, and I really, really like how crisp it looks.
+1 Merp: Gushing about your style aside, Youmu always looks good on sunglasses and a jacket, and I also have to say the Yuyu Gaga drawing was genius.

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2013, 08:49:08 PM »
+1 Venappo because scarves
+1 Kinoko I love those pants  :V
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:18:47 PM by SuperParadox »

KrackoCloud

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2013, 09:03:49 PM »
Tenshi
Er, is this a vote? ',:U

+1 Venappo because scarves
+1 Kinoko I love those pants  :V
+1 jq butterfly bracelet adds a nice touch
Unfortunately, you cannot vote for more than two entries.

Anyone with an incorrect or glaringly ambiguous vote will not have their vote tallied until it's corrected.

I'll go ahead and add this:
Please read and reread the rules, everybody! They do get updated.
That being said, from now on I'll notify you of important OP revisions.

EDIT: Wow, I said that and immediately forgot to mention it. I am bad game host <:U
The rules have been updated to reflect what I've said earlier in this post, just for clarification.
Voting format has been revised to be more lenient.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:14:19 PM by KrackoCloud »

pineyappled

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2013, 09:22:05 PM »

Unfortunately, you cannot vote for more than two entries.

Derp, sorry about that.  :ohdear:

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2013, 09:24:41 PM »
Er, is this a vote? ',:U

No, I was responding to Delfigamer, I made my vote 2 posts above

KrackoCloud

« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2013, 09:46:11 PM »
Threw this together.
This is beautiful. Thank you so much.

I sent a test form, but unfortunately I actually have no idea how these work, tbh. How do the votes get sorted? Do you read them?

No, I was responding to Delfigamer, I made my vote 2 posts above
oh ok :V

--

Kinoko made an online voting form!
Feel free to either vote here, on the form, or both. It's kind of sudden, so don't feel obligated to use it.
However, in future rounds, this form may become our standard method of voting.

Sorry for so many updates, guys. As our first round, I'm still testing the waters - Bear with me, everyone!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:06:43 PM by KrackoCloud »

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2013, 09:52:25 PM »
+2 venappo
+1 Vyrien

Why venappo?  The little details...often you can show how much thought's put into something by the details you add.

Why Vyrien?  I know little of Yu(u)ka, but she seems like someone who's definitely a little rough around the edges, but without being completely out there(unlike fanon-Yuuka who's super sadistic), and I think this outfit really captured that.

Notes to others:
-EP:  It seemed a little on the generic side...not that that's necessarily BAD, per se, but it seemed like one coulda put a lot of characters in those clothes.  nothing really struck me as definitively Hatate from it.
-Sixten:  Again, seemed to lack a real connection to Yuuka here, outside of the whole fanon thing with the "USC".  Still cute though.
-merp:  I might just be fashionably uninformed, but this really doesn't scream 'contemporary to me.  Makes me think of some sort of combo of formal mob stuff from older movies and something like the 70s(I think it's 70s, I dunno) idea of 'delinquents'...Apologies if maybe i'm seeing stuff that's not there or something.
-KrackoCloud:  Less plain than my Yuyu, but still felt like it could have done more somehow...I dunno.
-MW:  A close contender for my +1, I liked the little bits here and there, and it shows her immature side a bit, with it being somewhat gaudy-ish.  Also, was the little crystal/kunai thing supposed to be a nod to her little sister?
-Kaze_Senshi:  I liked the jacket a lot, but it seems like there coulda been more to the dress.
-Formless Void:  Nicely made, but feels a little uninspired due to being so close to her actual outfit.
-kinoko:  Another contender for my +1, I really loved those pants.  I think what got me was expecting her yatagarasu eye to still be visible, but I dunno.  The rest of it was nice and felt very Okuu-ish to me though.
-Desu_Cake:  Not enough really visible, plus it seems a little too hoodlum-ish to really feel like Kanako under there.
-Freeze-Ex:  This just feels like it's lacking something to clearly tie it to Remilia...though it certaainly looks expensive enough for someone who owns a mansion!
-Bound:  This might just be me being blind, but to be sure...this's Kaguya, correct? Anyway, under that assumption, it seems a little flashy for someone who (at least to me, but I might be misinterpreting) feels a little more reserved or something.  Cute hat though.
-pasu:  Cute, but feels a bit plain, even though it's quite obvious the clothes couldn't really belong to anyone else.  Well, the shirt anyway.

Everyone:  Please do not take any offense from my comments- they're not meant to be rude and I apologize if they are.  I was just giving my thoughts on how they did or didn't fulfill the requirement of the theme for this time around, and I'm fully aware I might be entirely wrong about anything I've said here, so keep that in mind as well!  Good luck to everyone!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2013, 10:02:29 PM »
-EP:  It seemed a little on the generic side...not that that's necessarily BAD, per se, but it seemed like one coulda put a lot of characters in those clothes.  nothing really struck me as definitively Hatate from it.
Yeah, I was aware of that. Wasn't really focusing too much on custom-design attire that really complements specific character, plus the illustration was meant to be quick and dirty.
Bad command or file name