Author Topic: Pokemon: The good old days... And the modern bad ones  (Read 2382 times)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Pokemon: The good old days... And the modern bad ones
« on: February 16, 2013, 10:34:25 PM »
There seriously isn't a thread for the Pokemon show yet? Wow... that's kinda disappointing...

I actually searched for one...

So who wants to talk about what they like/don't like?

Who wants to discuss fails in catching mechanics problems? (i.e. episodes where one pokemon uses 5+ moves in the same episode [That one with Pelliper doesn't count, it had pokeballs stuffed up its beak],

Plotline holes? Why you liked a character? (Brock, in hindsight...) Why you disliked a character? (CILEN... SHUT UP...)

Anything else?

My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Re: Pokemon: The good old days... And the modern bad ones
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 03:53:08 AM »
The first season, Ash only won...2, or perhaps 4 depending on one's thoughts, of his badges.  The two times that're definitely countable, he had to lose first.  Interesting how that worked out, hm?

Also, Charizard's the best thing in the show, since it's so grossly powerful.  It's glorious.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 05:06:14 AM »
Also, Charizard's the best thing in the show, since it's so grossly powerful.  It's glorious.

Ash totally should have captured legendaries in the movies

But yes Charizard is fabulously powerful. Prolly ash's only level 100 because Pikachu gets weak at the beginning of every new season(?)

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Drake

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 06:24:49 AM »
and then they tried doing the same thing with iris' dragonite and do it completely wrong every episode

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 10:45:02 PM »
I don't blame them for staying the same. It's a children's show after all. That's who they're appealing to. If Ash's team escalated every season then it would just confuse the newer generations.

They aren't appealing to longtime fans of Pokemon, they're trying to get kids to become fans of the games. It's probably a big reason why they're so massively successful, and they're geniuses for doing it.

You're going to buy Pokemon regardless of how boring the anime is now that you're 20 some years old, but 8 year olds are still going to say "holy shit, Pokemon is awesome!" and now they're going to buy Pokemon too. In the end, Nintendo will always win in this regard.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:48:02 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:15:38 AM »
go go nintendo

ehhhhhhh i will now divert this into the pokemon adventures manga because it is superior just solely due to the fact Red > Ash B)))

also because I've never actually watched the new seasons, i stopped after the RSE arc probably cuz I used to catch them on the kids channel but then I stopped watching TV

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread