Author Topic: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?! Version 2.04  (Read 102491 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?! Version 2.04
« Reply #390 on: March 10, 2013, 12:42:48 AM »
>"Do any of them seem familiar?"
>Now that we have a general idea where to look, can we just open a gap all the way down?
>"The smell of gunpowder is rather strong, master. I cannot make out much else because of it."
>Provided you don't mind running the risk of gapping yourself into a wall or something to that effect.

>_

« Reply #391 on: March 10, 2013, 06:10:33 AM »
>"Gunpowder, joy, someone's stacking up an armory under there. Looks like he have to look out for traps now."
>Do we have any barriers we can keep up or put up very quickly that will handle getting shot at?
>Go find our way down the long way.
>Keep an eye out for traps.
>Note that upon seeing Rinnosuke immediately gaphax him into paralysis. Let's not give him any chances for nonsense.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #392 on: March 10, 2013, 06:38:58 AM »
>"Gunpowder, joy, someone's stacking up an armory under there. Looks like he have to look out for traps now."
>Do we have any barriers we can keep up or put up very quickly that will handle getting shot at?
>Go find our way down the long way.
>Keep an eye out for traps.
>Note that upon seeing Rinnosuke immediately gaphax him into paralysis. Let's not give him any chances for nonsense.
>Ran simply sighs.
>"I suppose that there will be no dissuading you on this matter either, will there?"
>Keeping one around you would take a lot of your energy, leaving you unable to do much else.
>You've seen how fast a gun shoots, to erect a barrier in time before a bullet were to hit you is impossible.
>You trail behind Ran, who follows Rinnosuke's scent to what appears to be the entrance to the basement.
>As you travel through the mansion, you notice a few of the fairies pointing at you while muttering amongst themselves.
>At the bottom of the stairway to the basement, you see light leaking through a doorway.
>You head down the stairs with Ran and peek through the doorway to see Rinnosuke sitting at a table. He appears to be working on something.
>Of course, you're not going to let this opportunity go to waste. You create two small gaps with which you quickly grab hold of Rinnosuke's arms and put them behind his back.
>Rinnosuke tilts his chair and turns his head to look at you.
>"Is this how you're greeting people these days?"

>_

« Reply #393 on: March 10, 2013, 02:54:43 PM »
>"You're such a hard person to track down, I just had to make sure that I had a captive audience this time."
>"Besides, you've been giving others extended stays like this, have you not?"
>"Speaking of, just where is Alice?"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #394 on: March 10, 2013, 08:42:13 PM »
>"You're such a hard person to track down, I just had to make sure that I had a captive audience this time."
>"Besides, you've been giving others extended stays like this, have you not?"
>"Speaking of, just where is Alice?"
>"This is certainly one way to do that."
>"Of course not. Just what do you of me?"
>"I wonder..."
>Out of the corner of your eye, you see a small glint.
>You turn your head to see a small doll charging towards you.
>"Master!"
>Before it can reach you, Ran cuts the doll in half. Unfortunately, this causes the doll to explode, sending Ran crashing into the wall behind her.
>At the same time, you see Alice walk out from amongst the various boxes in the basement.

>_
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:34:35 PM by Ran Yakumo »

« Reply #395 on: March 11, 2013, 12:33:05 AM »
>Well this is going to get annoying quickly.
>Drop Alice in a gap and close it so only her head is sticking out.
>Still keep an eye out in case she figured out a way to control those dolls without her fingers in play or there's some other shenanigans in this room.
>Wait, you know what, mess with the boundary of motion and paralysis and seal both of their movements outside of talking.
>"Now you see, this is why I have to start greetings like this, everyone's become so violent in two years."
>Is Ran okay? Mentally check on her.
>Take that voodoo doll from Rinnosuke now by the way. And pull out the umbrella since it seems that someone wants to get stabbed today.
>"So, who wants to start explaining first? The explosive greetings, locking youkai up in your basement, making me have to track you down, any is a good place to start."
>If anymore stuff comes at us by the way, gap everything in the room that's not a living person to some remote place, we don't have time for this nonsense.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #396 on: March 11, 2013, 03:18:49 AM »
>Well this is going to get annoying quickly.
>Drop Alice in a gap and close it so only her head is sticking out.
>Still keep an eye out in case she figured out a way to control those dolls without her fingers in play or there's some other shenanigans in this room.
>Wait, you know what, mess with the boundary of motion and paralysis and seal both of their movements outside of talking.
>"Now you see, this is why I have to start greetings like this, everyone's become so violent in two years."
>Is Ran okay? Mentally check on her.
>Take that voodoo doll from Rinnosuke now by the way. And pull out the umbrella since it seems that someone wants to get stabbed today.
>"So, who wants to start explaining first? The explosive greetings, locking youkai up in your basement, making me have to track you down, any is a good place to start."
>If anymore stuff comes at us by the way, gap everything in the room that's not a living person to some remote place, we don't have time for this nonsense.
>Why can't things ever be simple?
>You attempt to drop Alice through a gap, but she quickly changes her location.
>Alice does not appear to be taking any further action at the moment.
>To mess with a boundary like that would cause problems with far too many other things for you to be comfortable with doing it.
>Rinnosuke responds with a small laugh.
>"I'm just here, minding my own business when you decide to restrain me. My faithful little servant here simply attempted to help me. If anything, you're the violent one here."
>From what you can tell, Ran is simply disorientated for the time being. She should regain her bearings in a few minutes at most.
>You do not know where he is keeping the doll.
>To pull out your umbrella you would have to free at least one of your arms which, in turn, would allow Rinnosuke to use one of his. Do you still wish to perform this action?
>"Why not start with you? You tell me to leave your sight whilst threatening to take my life, only to come after me again to make more demands. Just what is it that you want?"
>Nothing seems to be moving for now though Rinnosuke seems fairly relaxed, given his position.

>_

« Reply #397 on: March 11, 2013, 05:17:22 AM »
>"No, no, I told you to stop pretty much taking advantage of the situation to be a horrible person instead of making any form of attempt at fixing it. Then I find out that you've been behaving even worse than that."
>"Right now I'm curious about just what you've got to justify keeping someone locked up in your basement for starters."
>"Then, just what did you do to Alice since my last visit?"
>Do we sense anything off about either of them? How does Alice look now?
>Now that we're in our proper condition, can we sever the bond keeping Alice bound to that doll?
>Bah, we really should carry around rope or something for stuff like this. Fine then just gap any dolls she sends at us.

Though at this point doing something permanent to Rinnosuke sounds not all that bad >_>

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #398 on: March 11, 2013, 05:48:34 AM »
>"No, no, I told you to stop pretty much taking advantage of the situation to be a horrible person instead of making any form of attempt at fixing it. Then I find out that you've been behaving even worse than that."
>"Right now I'm curious about just what you've got to justify keeping someone locked up in your basement for starters."
>"Then, just what did you do to Alice since my last visit?"
>Do we sense anything off about either of them? How does Alice look now?
>Now that we're in our proper condition, can we sever the bond keeping Alice bound to that doll?
>Bah, we really should carry around rope or something for stuff like this. Fine then just gap any dolls she sends at us.
>"What am I doing that's so horrible? As far as I'm concerned, the horrible one is you. Really, just look at what you're doing right now."
>"Locked up? You're here out of your own free will, aren't you dear?"
>It takes a few moments for Alice to respond.
>"... Yes."
>"Nothing that she didn't want."
>Rinnosuke's calmness is getting on your nerves.
>Alice's eyes look blank, and she shows very little emotion.
>You cannot. However, if you had the doll, you could likely remove its curse.
>You really do hate being unprepared.
>Where do you plan on gapping them to if they come flying at you?

>_

« Reply #399 on: March 11, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »
>Where else? On Rinnosuke. Preferably somewhere that will hurt a bit when it explodes. Definitely in his clothes where it would be hard for Alice to see it in time.
>"I don't know, she seems a bit blank for a willing person. Next you're going to tell me that Rumia was just into bondage."
>"Though I'm sure there's some heavy irony in a dollmaster being controlled like a puppet by a doll."
>Do we know anywhere we can dump Rinnosuke where he wouldn't be able to get out on his own? Or know of any means to keep someone from moving for a bit? The doll's probably on his person after all.
>What happens if we gap someone into a wall by the way?
>What do we know about voodoo dolls?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #400 on: March 12, 2013, 10:19:56 AM »
>Where else? On Rinnosuke. Preferably somewhere that will hurt a bit when it explodes. Definitely in his clothes where it would be hard for Alice to see it in time.
>"I don't know, she seems a bit blank for a willing person. Next you're going to tell me that Rumia was just into bondage."
>"Though I'm sure there's some heavy irony in a dollmaster being controlled like a puppet by a doll."
>Do we know anywhere we can dump Rinnosuke where he wouldn't be able to get out on his own? Or know of any means to keep someone from moving for a bit? The doll's probably on his person after all.
>What happens if we gap someone into a wall by the way?
>What do we know about voodoo dolls?
>You just hope that you can react in time.
>"She's just tired."
>"That girl? Confinement is hardly an uncommon punishment for thieves. You're the one that forced me to leave before I could free her."
>"That would be an amusing sight to see. It's a pity that it's so unlikely to occur."
>Unfortunately, Gensoukyo is a pretty open place. You could try getting help from someone though, if you wanted to take Rinnosuke somewhere. Of course, you would need to take care of any potential ramifications of relocating Rinnosuke.
>If you attempted to drop someone else into one? Very little. They would simply stand on the wall or be pressed against it if they were to lean on the gap.
>They are cursed dolls that must have a link to their victim to operate. A common method is to attach a strand of the victim's hair to the doll. Any harm that befalls the doll is then transferred to the victim. In order to stop one from operating, you must remove either the curse or the link.

>_

« Reply #401 on: March 12, 2013, 08:47:15 PM »
>Okay need our hands back at least so suggestions:
>Stick the gaps we shoved Rinnoskue's hands through together and compress it enough the he can't pull his hands free.
>Manipulate the boundary between awake and asleep to wake Alice's mind up and/or put them to sleep.
>Mess with the boundary of mental strength to give her the means to break free of the control.
>Gap Rinnosuke into one of the crates and bend a few boundaries to make that crate unopenable and too strong to be broken.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #402 on: March 13, 2013, 07:16:01 AM »
>Okay need our hands back at least so suggestions:
>Stick the gaps we shoved Rinnoskue's hands through together and compress it enough the he can't pull his hands free.
>Manipulate the boundary between awake and asleep to wake Alice's mind up and/or put them to sleep.
>Mess with the boundary of mental strength to give her the means to break free of the control.
>Gap Rinnosuke into one of the crates and bend a few boundaries to make that crate unopenable and too strong to be broken.
>You do want to do things other than hold Rinnosuke.
>Unfortunately, that isn't possible. You can't exactly lock things into your gaps.
>Such broad boundaries cannot be altered locally. You would likely affect everyone else, including yourself.
>Unfortunately, that isn't exactly a boundary.
>You could certainly try dropping Rinnosuke into a container. Reinforcing is different to manipulating boundaries though.

>_

« Reply #403 on: March 14, 2013, 02:13:59 AM »
>Any of the crates look too sturdy to be broken easily?
>We inverted the boundary of stamina on Byakuren right? Do the same for mental stamina on Alice then.
>At this rate might have to knock Rinnosuke out. Will he survive us dropping a tombstone on him?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #404 on: March 14, 2013, 04:27:52 AM »
>Any of the crates look too sturdy to be broken easily?
>We inverted the boundary of stamina on Byakuren right? Do the same for mental stamina on Alice then.
>At this rate might have to knock Rinnosuke out. Will he survive us dropping a tombstone on him?
>Most of the crates look fairly sturdy. Though the question of whether or not any of the crates will have enough free space to fit Rinnosuke inside is there.
>Mental strength is different to physical stamina. To alter Alice's mental strength would likely have adverse effects on her mind. Do you wish to continue anyway?
>That would depend on the size of the tombstone and the height it's dropped from. Rinnosuke can take a fair amount of damage as a half-youkai, but he is still mortal.

>_

« Reply #405 on: March 14, 2013, 05:10:16 PM »
You know, given Byakuren should have thought of this from the get go =_=

>Doing permanent damage is too much at this point, even to Rinnosuke and especially to Alice
>Is Ran awake yet?
>Take two of the crates that looks sturdy and large enough to stick Rinnosuke or Alice in, open a gap within them to gently place everything within in a remote place in Mayohiga, preferably in an enclosed place itself.
>Take both Alice's and Rinnosuke's physical stamina and drop it to low enough that they can't really move.
>Stick Alice in a crate since she's the one who can blow us up and she might have another means of controlling those dolls.
>Rinnosuke, mess with the boundary of sewn and unsewn and make his clothing fall apart, easiest way to find the doll without bothering to let him loose.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #406 on: March 15, 2013, 11:47:47 AM »
>Doing permanent damage is too much at this point, even to Rinnosuke and especially to Alice
>Is Ran awake yet?
>Take two of the crates that looks sturdy and large enough to stick Rinnosuke or Alice in, open a gap within them to gently place everything within in a remote place in Mayohiga, preferably in an enclosed place itself.
>Take both Alice's and Rinnosuke's physical stamina and drop it to low enough that they can't really move.
>Stick Alice in a crate since she's the one who can blow us up and she might have another means of controlling those dolls.
>Rinnosuke, mess with the boundary of sewn and unsewn and make his clothing fall apart, easiest way to find the doll without bothering to let him loose.
>You really don't want to be the cause of anything yourself right now.
>She is, but she is still regaining her balance.
>You open up a gap beneath Rinnosuke and Alice, both leading to inside two of the larger crates in the room.
>"Wh-"
>You let go of Rinnosuke as you watch him fall through the gap you created beneath him.
>At the same time, Alice simply jumps away from the gap. You will likely have to restrain Alice or catch her off-guard if you wish to force her through one of your gaps.
>At the same time, you see several dolls enter your vision from all around the room.
>To mess with someone like that requires a lot of concentration, and you doubt that Alice would give you enough time to drain her of her stamina.
>You gap the crate with Rinnosuke inside to Mayohiga. You'll deal with him later.

>_

« Reply #407 on: March 16, 2013, 12:55:48 AM »
>Eh, good enough.
>Now Alice, gap Ran to us where we can keep her safe.
>"Okay Alice, are you in there at all or will I need to keep you still long enough to deal with that voodoo doll?"
>If she gets aggressive, kunai spam the dolls into submission. Alice controls her dolls with string anyway right? All the better to cut the thread.
>Just to recap, does danmaku actively hurt enough that you wouldn't want to blasted b a facefull of it even if its non-lethal?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #408 on: March 17, 2013, 11:23:47 PM »
>Eh, good enough.
>Now Alice, gap Ran to us where we can keep her safe.
>"Okay Alice, are you in there at all or will I need to keep you still long enough to deal with that voodoo doll?"
>If she gets aggressive, kunai spam the dolls into submission. Alice controls her dolls with string anyway right? All the better to cut the thread.
>Just to recap, does danmaku actively hurt enough that you wouldn't want to blasted b a facefull of it even if its non-lethal?
>It's certainly better than nothing. But you're still left with Alice to deal with.
>First, you quickly open up a gap beneath Ran and drop her behind you. You don't want her getting hurt before she manages to orient herself.
>Alice responds by sending a lance-wielding doll at you.
>You throw a barrage of kunais in response, and manage to knock the doll out of the air.
>Alice simply watches you.
>Danmaku certainly does hurt quite a bit if you get hit by enough of it.

>_