Author Topic: Fate/Kaleido-Round 8, Phase 1 (Orders)  (Read 91663 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: Fate/Apocrypha: Canceled? Pfft... (Discussion and Signups)
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2011, 06:45:54 PM »
ASTOLFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

And clearly classification is no problem, given Karna:
If his Class is Archer it will be a bow, while under other Classes it will manifest as a different projectile weapon.

:V

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2011, 07:48:35 PM »
I bet Amra is going to have a lot of fun GM'ing for like 14+ people. :derp:

WAITWAITWAIT.

Anyways, here's how it works. Servants and Masters are randomly paired off, then they choose their characters. Only Apocrypha or Extra servants are allowed; in Extra Caster's case and Extra Saber, we can deliberate stats. Arcuied is unavailable.
Extra Caster
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

*Dormio considers changing preference to Extra Caster.*
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:53:26 PM by Ran Yakumo »

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2011, 07:51:06 PM »
HHell yeah.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2011, 07:53:46 PM »
BERSERKER ACHILLES oh wait

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2011, 07:55:09 PM »
Oh, somebody already took Nursery Rhyme as the Caster type. Oh well. Guess I'll be sticking to Master then.

Also, since I assume it will be popular, calling the "completely unaware of how human interaction works" archetype as a Master. :V
Or Extra Caster if I can somehow get her. :V
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:10:53 PM by Ran Yakumo »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2011, 08:01:05 PM »
Calling dibs on Assassin Jack

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2011, 08:37:59 PM »
Kratos Berserker?

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2011, 08:43:09 PM »
My frankenstein cant be this moe. Also if too many servents ill be a master.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2011, 08:50:14 PM »
So yeah, Fate/Apocrypha.
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Fate/Apocrypha_characters
A canceled MMO based on the Holy Grail War. But canceled? I think not.

We could possibly get something really cool going, if we have 14 sign ups. 7 Masters and 7 Servants, randomly distributed. The masters then make their own characters, and the servants get to choose from that list or make their own, with guidelines on both cases.

I found a historical figure that I could potentially convert into a Lancer role. I kinda want to be a Lancer, but I don't particually like any of the ones on that list.

Name: Honda Tadakatsu
Class: Rider [Also Qualifys for Lancer]

Appearance:
Honda is summoned much younger than when he died, around his early 30's, so he is in peak physical condition. [Yet he retains all his experiance he gained later in life]. He is a rather imposing man, looking strong, but lithe at the same time. He has a brown, braided beard on his chin, and wears Japanese armor from his era, in a bright, crimson colour.

A rough image of his appearance. He's kinda been dead since the 1600's. The deer horns are hidden by their latent lagic, unless they are in use, for this could give away his identity, as a Noble Phantasm.

Legend:

A feared general in Japan, undefeated on the battlefeild, Honda was known as one of the 'Four Heavenly Kings, and his skill was such to draw praise from even Oda Nobunaga, who very rarely spoke well of anyone. Honda had fought in over 100 battles, and legend has it that he was never once wounded in a battle.  He is also said to have worn deer horns, so to be recognisable upon his horse, to both freind and foe. However, possibly the most fearsome part of his legend was his spear, Tonbo-Giri, his weapon of choice, so sharp that a Dragonfly that landed on it was cut in two, and it became known as one of Japan's Three Great Spears.

He was also known for his mount, a Horse named Mikuniniguro, and his skills in combat on the horse, as well as on foot. The Horse is also a verteran of many battles.

Personailty:
Honda is calculateing and merciless in battle, and has a brilliant strategic mind, being a general. Despite this, he is somewhat jovial outside of combat, seeing it as a chance to relax. As a Japanese Samurai, he is also fericely loyal to his superiors, and, as part of his code of honor, he is sworn to die for them without question, even if not told to do so. While he considers it a lesser offense than disobeying his master, he is heavily against involving innocents, and wants as little blood-shed as possible. In cases where his Master's orders would conflict with his code, depending on the severity of the breach, a Command Spell may be required. An example of such a situation would be ordering Honda to kill innocents to replenish his prana.

Stats:
Str: B
Mag: E
Luk: C
End: B
Agi: B

Class Skills:
Magic Resistance: E
Riding: A
Independant Action: C

Skills:

Charisma: B
Bravery: A
Military Tactics: A
Protection from Arrows: C [Developed from battlefeild experiance]

Noble Phantasms:

Name: The Unscratched Armor of 100 Victories
Type: Barrier
Owner: Honda Tadakatsu

Description: The traditional Crimson armor that has allowed Honda 100 victories on the battlefeild without so much of a scratch upon him. Due to this legend, the armor was lifted to the state of a Noble Phantasm. While it may nor may not in actuality been any stronger than regular armor, this Noble Phantasm is an exceptionally resiliant defense, being nigh-unbreakable to all but the most powerful of attacks. However, it has an innate weakness to magic, being unable to defend against it at all, and has no offensive potential either. Blunt attacks are also another weakness, as the armor does little against the impact. Thrusting attacks are only effective on the joints of the armor, unless they have tremendous force behind them, and slashing attacks are almost futile, unless made by a Noble Phantasm of at least A rank, or they are able to hit a weak point in the armor.

The armor, as a last resort, can have sections of it used as broken phantasms [The sections being the armor covering each limb, the helm, and the main torso armor]. If this is done, they can only protect the part of the body they cover, but will defend against any attack on that part of the body, shattering afterwards. As such, Honda's face is always vunerable.

Sword Defense is to the degree at it would require Rank A to deal noticeable damage to the armor, although it would take repeated hits to slash through.
Pericing is ~ Rank B, mainly because all the force is behind a single point when using a Pericing attack, and thus, it's easier to break through the armor that way compared to slashing.
Blunt Attacks are Rank C, as the armor only softens the impact.
And no defense is provided against Magic, except for what would reasonably be expected by armor.

The joints in the armor are less protected, and are weak points. For example, if Honda was slashed across his left elbow, he could lose his forearm [Although it would require a thin blade to actually fit in the gap].

Name: Deer Antlers of Identification
Type: Anti-Thaumaturgy

Description: The antlers were a sign of moral to Honda's allies, and challenge to his foes. A symbol of his leadership, and, long with him, have been drawn into myth. As a symbol of his leadership, and identification, the Antlers are often hidden. However, if Honda is effected by some form of binding, mind-effecting or illusionary spell, the horns will appear, and break any spell below Rank B of these types. This power stems from Honda's determination and clarity on the battlefeild, shown best when he faced odds of 60 men to 1, and convinced the opposing army to leave them be, out of respect for his courage and determination.

Name: Tonbo-Giri
Type: Anti Unit/Anti Army

Description: One of the three Great Spears of Japan, Tonbo-Giri's head always looks sharp. A golden tassle hangs from it's hilt, distinguishing it from the generic spear Honda uses when he wishes to keep his identity secret.

Tonbo-Giri is unique as a Spear, in that it is equally adept at both cutting and thrusting attacks, due to it's supremely sharp edges, making it a melee weapon with few equals, especially when weilded by a master of it like Honda.

In addittion to it's sheer abilty as a weapon, Honda can utilise his prana, as well as the sharp, aerodynamic shape of the spearhead, to unleash the 'Dragonfly Cutter', a wave of cutting wind, as a projectile attack, the arc of which is as large as the spear's swing, consumeing more prana as the larger arc is made. The wave has the same cutting ability as the spear, easily able to level several surrounding trees, and can be used several times without any signs of fatigue. He can also spin the spear around, over his head, to surround himself in such cutting winds, as a defense, although keeping this up takes significantly more prana than the projectile version.

Name: Mikuniniguro
Type: Anti-Unit

Description: A fine specimine of a steed, Mikuniniguro is a brown horse, with nothing special about it appearance-wise, except always being saddled ready for Honda. It obeys his every command, and is fearless. It can be summoned as Honda wishes, and, in terms of resiliance, is similar to most servants. Which translates as very resiliant. Mikuniniguro is fast, and is more than willing to kick or ram foes of his master.

Other Equipment:

A Sword and Generic Lance which he can use for combat without revealing identity
---

If this isn't acceptable, let me know.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:17:08 AM by Allosawyou »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2011, 08:58:24 PM »
Hey Allo?
If you can get Tadakatsu, I'm calling dibs on you.
What better Servant to have at my command than the legendary Tadakatsu Honda?
Heck, he's one of my favorite Living Legends of Japan's History, right up there with Oda Nobunaga, and Takeda Shingen.
He was said to be pretty compassionate from what I've read. And the popular depiction of him in Japan portrays him as a Gentle Giant.
When he's not being a Boisterous Bruiser that is.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2011, 09:01:13 PM »
As cool as that guy seems, Vlad is also a Lancer and he's been claimed beforehand...  Although you did say he could also be Rider so, um, hmmm.

(I do think he's pretty cool though, despite, um, not knowing who he actually is. >.>)
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2011, 09:11:10 PM »
Missed Vlad.

I'll change him to a Rider [And bump his skill to A] and add his Mount as a Noble Phantasm then. Give me a chance.

EDIT: Fixed. Also added his non- Noble Phantasm equipment, and lowered Magical Resistance to E, as he's no longer a Lancer.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:21:00 PM by Allosawyou »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2011, 09:13:01 PM »
Looks like there's gonna be another Badass Rider.
...Oh who am I kidding? Every Rider's been a badass!
Zero Rider: Total Bro,
Spoiler:
Alexander the Great
Classic Rider: The Legendary Medusa herself.
Extra Rider:
Spoiler:
MOTHERFUCKING FRANCIS DRAKE (And it's a she!)

EDIT: Y'know who else would be a badass Rider? Maeda Keiji, also known as Maeda Toshimasu. He was one of the few who had a NAMED HORSE. Matsukaze.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maeda_Toshimasu
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:16:29 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2011, 09:17:41 PM »
Missed Vlad.

I'll change him to a Rider [And bump his skill to A] and add his Mount as a Noble Phantasm then. Give me a chance.

I will impale you for not knowing my nickname  :V

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2011, 09:22:11 PM »
Looks like there's gonna be another Badass Rider.
...Oh who am I kidding? Every Rider's been a badass!
Zero Rider: Total Bro,
Spoiler:
Alexander the Great
Classic Rider: The Legendary Medusa herself.
Extra Rider:
Spoiler:
MOTHERFUCKING FRANCIS DRAKE (And it's a she!)

EDIT: Y'know who else would be a badass Rider? Maeda Keiji, also known as Maeda Toshimasu. He was one of the few who had a NAMED HORSE. Matsukaze.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maeda_Toshimasu

Honda had one too.

Mikuniniguro.

Fixed the form to Rider-mode.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2011, 09:26:40 PM »
Why do you think I said "One of the few"?
I'd just be inclined towards either of them, Maeda Keiji was said to be quite the wildcard, and I like that.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2011, 09:31:06 PM »
The OP is unclear on availability of slots but I would like to sign up as a Master if possible. If anyone is an Assassin I'll be happy to have you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »
There's already 13 Main Slots taken, and 1 Side Slot taken.
I'd say you got in, but just barely.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2011, 09:39:29 PM »
>Rider with an unnotable ride

Aren't Riders mostly people famed more for their mount than they themselves were famous, and they make up for being meh-ish heroes by virtue of Noble Phantasms? OP should clarify if we're even at all permitted to pull in heroes from outside those specified. And when this goes down. And where.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2011, 09:46:57 PM »
I had no idea slots would fill up so quickly.

I would like to /out so others can in as I'm bound to be somewhat short on time anyway and I'm sure others could use the slot better. :V

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2011, 09:48:50 PM »
>Rider with an unnotable ride

Aren't Riders mostly people famed more for their mount than they themselves were famous, and they make up for being meh-ish heroes by virtue of Noble Phantasms? OP should clarify if we're even at all permitted to pull in heroes from outside those specified. And when this goes down. And where.

Well, the OP says you can make your own, and the Rider class is for those known to have ridden mounts. Honda is known for riding a horse on the battlefeild. It never says they are FAMOUS for the mount. Rider/Medusa is famous for... being the Gorgon. St George is a Rider, despite being known for killing a dragon, not riding a horse [In fact, his Steed NP is similar to Honda's except it can bestow tempoary invunrabilty, in exchange for no mention of fearlessness, ect]

Still, it's up to the discresion of the OP. If it's not suitable, it's not suitable, and I'll find something else.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:52:19 PM by Allosawyou »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2011, 10:10:34 PM »
KAMEN RIDER!!!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2011, 11:01:01 PM »
I guess I'll play? :V (That's an /in, yes.) (Also apparently you should specify so I'll take Astolfo, because I want to be the traps. :V) (Wait Astolfo doesn't even have any skills and only one Noble Phantasm, whereas Saint George has a lot?! Pray tell you plan to balance these blokes. :V)

I CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT STARFOX, I'M THE ONLY ONE AROUND, PLUS I HAVE DAT ASS (just go ahead and ask some people)

In all seriousness, I'm fine with being whatever, too early to really say. Considering that Amra still hasn't mentioned how this is going to play out yet! Also I like how there were 50+ replies while I was sleeping. Huge success, man!

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2011, 11:02:24 PM »
This thread looks pretty cool.  gonna keep my eye on this.  Possibly I could make a special appearance.

Hint:hint:Wink:wink

Don't lynch me.

Lunaca

• NOT a "Main Character"
  • I SHALL NEVER ACCEPT IT!!!
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2011, 11:13:40 PM »
i'll be a master or an assassin/berserker
wait as masters dont we have some magician background i mean if we were generic people chances are we'd get obliterated with 0% defense like meat, and have very little chance of obtaining a servant taking into accounts if no catalyst was used we'd pretty much get random ass servants but i digress
and questioning the assassin rule hassan was clearly an anti-hero and according to the original laws of the grail anti-heroes like caster(fsn) and rider (fsn) could not have been summoned until the grail had been tainted by a previous war brings me to question who the *bleep* were the assassins in the 1st 2nd and 3rd cycles
The "Bystander" of #dots-meido with a curious lack of "meido"

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2011, 11:18:54 PM »
The Assassin in the 3rd holy grail was Hassan :V

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2011, 11:25:06 PM »
[10:21] <Amra> Also
[10:21] <Amra> I'm going to have to shut down Nursery Rhyme
[10:21] <Amra> because
[10:21] <Amra> lol
[10:22] <Amra> not an actual noble spirit
[10:22] <Nitori_Dormashiro> DOES THIS MEAN I GET EXTRA CASTER?
[10:22] <Amra> SURE.
Aww yeah.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2011, 11:26:47 PM »
Hey, what?  But I was looking forward to playing her...  And she is an official Servant, so she should count...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2011, 11:29:33 PM »
Nursery Rhyme's form depends on the master and stuff though. Iunno.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2011, 11:33:07 PM »
OKAY STOP HAMMER TIME.
THREAD MANAGEMENT TIME.
*sunglasses.*

Moerin, gonna have to shutdown both Arcuied and Nursery Rhyme. Nursery Rhyme is a figment of a little girl's imagination made by the alternate Grail; not really valid for an actual war. You keep Servant slot though. I want to give you Nursery Rhyme, but it's just like...she's not even a hero. Or a historical figure. The biggest stretch I could give you is summoning the manifestation of Alice in Wonderland, but that's like...summoning a book. Not even a personified legend like Fate!Assassin, but a book. Sorry. I'll reserve Frankenstein's Monster for now, though.

Fightest, you get in.

Defaulting Lunaca to Master or Berserker.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:34:43 PM by thatSalad »
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra