Author Topic: Stock Market Exchange Thread~ [C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control  (Read 11182 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Perhaps one might even question after watching this show: how does economy even work?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 07:49:03 AM by ♛ Nature »
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Meh.

Why in the world would they start using USD?  Out of all the currency shown at the beginning, only KRW would be a stranger choice.  GBP, EUR and RMB are all stronger choices orz

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
Ha, Msyu doesn't get to live! Called it!  :V

Actually, I'm a bit disappointed the Financial District had such pure motives for seeming so twisted. But I guess it works for the anime.

You could actually figure out their motives? Please enlighten me, as everything in the last episode condensed into one rhetorical jumble of navelgazing to me.

Oh, and the FV=PV+1 thing was nice. Simple and powerful.

What's it mean?

In personal view, the series has an interesting premise with a disappointing execution and poor conclusion. The story is ambitious, but the writers did not have enough clout to make it something meaningful, instead falling back on tired cliches to pull themselves out of the corner they wrote themselves into. Extending the series to 20+ episodes would allow for stronger character development and a more satisfying conclusion.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
When Kimimaro was talking to the shady guy I presume to be the original Masakaki, he was talking about how the Financial District makes the world a better place.

As for FV=PV+1, that's just Future Value = Present Value +1.
From what I understand, all it's trying to say is everything gets better.
I don't really know any economics, but it likely makes no sense anyway, because assuming the Financial District just created it as a new rule, that's not how the world works right now.