Author Topic: Anime / Doujin stores in China  (Read 4761 times)

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
Anime / Doujin stores in China
« on: April 21, 2011, 04:30:53 AM »
Well its a massive longshot, but I know this place is pretty international so I thought I'd ask here. I dunno any chinese people around here who are into this kinda thing, I've tried asking about it but I've got something wrong with how I'm asking, as people aren't sure what I'm asking for.

I know I found a magazine with touhou relatedness just in a regular news stand, which suprised me. So I'm wondering, can you get that sort of thing here? I know theres a lot of chinese touhou doujins I've seen, but I don't know if these were produced like that, or translated to chinese.

Either way, I'm quite curious. I know I've seen the odd bit of anime in video shops too, (and at insane low prices) but not really much of the selection I'd be into.

So yeah, I was wondering if anyone knew anything that'd lead me in this sort of direction. It'd be neat to grab something while I'm here.

Be going Shanghai in a few days, dunno if there will be anything there I can visit, but we've got a day all to ourselves there, so wherever it is if something is there, I can plan a trip to it. Otherwise I'm around Nanjing.

Thanks in advance to anyone!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Anime / Doujin stores in China
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 06:41:42 AM »
While I haven't been to Shanghai in for-fuckin'-ever, I can at least tell you there ARE places around that sell animu/manga in Shanghai. In fact, there are cafes and the like there, even. I think if you can search hard enough, they are locatable! ^^

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:31:54 AM »
*goes to je28's website*

If I can find the district this is in, I can probably find the rest I'd imagine. This a good starting point. Thanks! (just wish i knew where the fuck we're staying in shanghai)

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 12:55:06 PM »
Well thats interesting. It wasn't so much a maid cafe after all, just went there today. Its rather odd, actually.

you rent a room for 1 or 3 hours, and they have a big manga collection that you can read in that time and order food or drink while you do. Its actualy a little expensive as well, but I had a wander to look for stuff and all I found outside of that place was a few issues of shonen jump.  Whereas the cafe of all the series they had, they were all complete.

The bigger rooms also had Wii's.

I didn't hire one, just bothered them about what was in the local area. The staff were really nice to chat with. I offered to buy something for their time like a beer or something but they said its no problem and I went off on my way to find more of interest.  :V got some pictures of the library, could upload at some point. was interesting but not what was expected at all. Ah, and it was all japanese. All the staff were bilingual, though their english was quite broken so we was having this conversation of half and halves, and writing in half and halves, which was quite difficult lol

Cystral Dragon

• [Prince of Nothing]
  • Hey you noticed me!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »
When was the last time I went to China... ( Last year.) I don't know anything about Shanghai but there was an anime store in a Beijing mall selling Touhou figurines while I was there.
Well I should've made it Prince of Void.