Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 147648 times)

ark

• みょん
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #840 on: July 10, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
UFO Lunatic perfect stage 2. Kogasa is awesome. :D

replay and youtube
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 10:28:50 PM by Nereid »

« Reply #841 on: July 10, 2011, 11:32:25 PM »
EoSD default lives Normal 1cc Marisa A
Not too happy with how I did on Remilia. Died once on Scarlet Netherworld, once on Curse of Vlad Tepes, then twice on Red Magic. I guess I got careless because I entered the stage with 4 lives and gained another one during the fight. :P

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #842 on: July 11, 2011, 05:22:10 AM »
I've been attempting UFO normal with only SanaeA so far. I'm wondering if a different character/shot type might help a little.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #843 on: July 11, 2011, 05:43:44 AM »
Do SanaeB.
She is best IMO.

« Reply #844 on: July 11, 2011, 05:59:53 AM »
Reimu A if you have trouble with the bosses, Sanae B if you have trouble with the stages. Marisa A if you're awesome.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #845 on: July 11, 2011, 06:56:00 AM »
MarisaA does like 99% the damage ReimuA does, but has piercing which makes some parts way easier. And also she's awesome.

Too bad her bomb is kinda crap though.

AxiamWolfe

• Virtual Jet Jockey too
  • 生存戦略!
« Reply #846 on: July 11, 2011, 10:54:18 AM »
It's been some time since I did it, but I think it's worth mentioning.

IN Extra Cleared, Reimu&Yukari, first time ever capture of "Possessed By Phoenix" and "Hourai Doll", which unlocked "Imperishable Shooting".

So where am I now? Lets see...

All main Windows games 1CC'd on normal with all Reimus (except IN solo Reimu, need to beat Kaguya with Malice first, and PoFV, extra unlocked though).
PCB Extra - Reimu A
IN Extra - Reimu&Yukari
MoF Extra - Reimu A and B

What next? Continue attempting extras or go to Hard?

« Reply #847 on: July 11, 2011, 06:44:55 PM »
Marisa A if you're awesome.
Yay, Naut called me awesome!   :D

Anywho, yeah, I also say MarisaA.  ReimuA is too slow for my tastes, ReimuB homing is cool but she's kinda weak, SanaeB is really overrated imo (though the majority seem to disagree...), and MarisaB/SanaeA just suck.  Also laz0rz.

« Reply #848 on: July 11, 2011, 09:08:52 PM »
Another default lives Normal EoSD clear, this time with Reimu A ^^ I'm getting better at this.
...Crap, I bet I jinxed it.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #849 on: July 11, 2011, 09:14:05 PM »
SanaeA just suck.
But but but she's got virtually the same damage output as SanaeB minus the shotgunning and splash damage. And if you need SanaeB's bomb damage to clear cards then you are probably playing at 90FPS should try to get a little further in cards. And she doesn't have a blindingly bad bomb for Flying Fantastica (humorously, MarisaB is the only other character with a good bomb for it...).

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #850 on: July 11, 2011, 09:52:32 PM »
I was thinking about trying to use MarisaA actually, simply because lasers = awesome. But I'll experiment around with other characters like SanaeB and ReimuA as well.

TMiles

• Let's party!
« Reply #851 on: July 11, 2011, 11:21:54 PM »
I just captured Apollo 13 on Lunatic, hell yea!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #852 on: July 12, 2011, 06:21:34 AM »
I haven't been playing much due to various issues, but I picked up the 10D demo on a whim and out of the blue made my first perfect of Kyouko. Now that I think about it, the full version is due in about a month, isn't it?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #853 on: July 12, 2011, 06:26:18 AM »
Now that I think about it, the full version is due in about a month, isn't it?
Yeppers, almost on the dot.  I am very excited... :3

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #854 on: July 12, 2011, 01:35:10 PM »
Yeppers, almost on the dot.  I am very excited... :3

yeah, but you know you're going to have to wait at least another month or so for an english patch.

on another note, I finally pulled through with a normal 1cc of IN, although, not properly... I elected to start with 6 lives,  and it took ALL of them (Including the extends) to do it. Methinks more practice is in order. Replay
here.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:45:25 PM by スカーレットの兄弟-XephyrEnigma »
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

J.O.B

« Reply #855 on: July 12, 2011, 01:56:49 PM »
Uwabami Breakers 1cc.
Stage 3 is a bitch if you don't know what to expect.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #856 on: July 12, 2011, 03:37:21 PM »
Mountain of Faith Lunatic Reimu B 1CC at last. Had a lot more trouble with it than I thought, but it was fun, even though the last run wasn't the prettiest. I think the epic finish makes up for it, though, had a lot of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFH9vpSUNf8

Regardless, only SA and UFO left, hope I can clear them before TD's release in shops outside of Comiket!

« Reply #857 on: July 12, 2011, 06:23:39 PM »
Managed timeouts of all Satori's spells with Reimu now. Marisa is up next. Damn, that Nitori card is gonna give me nightmares. Thank goodness Satori's stage is one of the fun ones. I had pretty much no problem with any of the Reimu/Satori cards except for Mt. Tokagushi. Which I spent around 30 attempts timing out. Compared to 7-8 at DBDB. Whut. The. Fuck? Isn't Tokagushi supposed to be pretty easy? Or is that just Banana-nonsense again?

I'd love to hear some opinions about Mt. Tokagushi's difficulty.

Anywho, yeah, I also say MarisaA.  ReimuA is too slow for my tastes, ReimuB homing is cool but she's kinda weak, SanaeB is really overrated imo (though the majority seem to disagree...), and MarisaB/SanaeA just suck.  Also laz0rz.

I'd say that SanaeB is quite awesome. She has power enough to deal with pretty much everything and a spread that allows her to rip a lot of bits apart. She turns the only difficult part of Stage 5 into a joke for example (Save for Nazrin of course) and she has a powerful bomb that even have a nice delay to it so you can shotgun/gather UFO's and such. Really effective shot.

I wouldn't call her overpowered since there is only really one difficult part she trivializes and the few things in the overall stages that are difficult isn't trivialized by her.

Sanae A has nothing to do being compared with MarisaB however. Don't say such silly things. Also, MarisaA is a nice shot type but I don't like being slowed to a crawl everytime I bomb. With my terrible luck with the UFO's, they always drift to the top of the screen when they are the color I need and as such, I like the possibility to bomb to gather them.

« Reply #858 on: July 12, 2011, 06:46:12 PM »
I'd love to hear some opinions about Mt. Tokagushi's difficulty.
It looks rather easy for a Lunatic spell, but I've never tried it, if you have something that will unlock it in practice mode, I could try... %)
I am French, so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes. ^^

« Reply #859 on: July 12, 2011, 07:36:17 PM »
You can have mine. It has Stage 4 unlocked for every character on every difficulty except for ReimuC on Easy but that is not really relevant for this purpose at all is it now?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MZ8OIDNZ

« Reply #860 on: July 12, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »
You can have mine. It has Stage 4 unlocked for every character on every difficulty except for ReimuC on Easy but that is not really relevant for this purpose at all is it now?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MZ8OIDNZ
Woaw, thanks a lot ! Easy doesn't matter since I can unlock stage 4 for everyone on Easy, Normal, and Hard, but Lunatic is way too tough for me, I've never managed to reach Yamame without losing a life... (and I won't until I buy a gamepad, thanks new keyboard... >>) I'll give Satori (and Orin and Utsujo, obv) a few tries on Lunatic ! \o/

Edit : First try : Mt Tokagushi 2DNB timeout. %) I'll timeout that, it doesn't seem harder than DBDB. It's a really fun card nevertheless ! ^^
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:05:18 PM by Dusknoir »
I am French, so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes. ^^

« Reply #861 on: July 13, 2011, 12:44:30 PM »
2 deaths are a lot for 45 seconds considering that bullets needs to respawn and stuff. You go work on that timeout. Maybe the reason I found DBDB to be easier is that there is more gaps. Not larger gaps but a hell of a lot more of them. Tokagushi can really screw you over if you don't handle it the right way. For DBDB, there is usually always a way out.

Timed out MarisaA/Satori's first two spellcards. They aren't really worth speaking of.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:57:22 PM by Zengeku »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #862 on: July 13, 2011, 02:04:22 PM »
Hmm, so I can supergraze more of SA Stage 4 in Practice Mode than I thought. Here's my latest stab at the stage. I'm finally close to matching pondeS's graze count by the end of midboss-Orin, which is nice. You'll notice I still run out of Power after the second laser grid, which means I can't exactly continue. I only hope I can remember the way through that ending part in a full run.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #863 on: July 13, 2011, 03:23:39 PM »

Timed out MarisaA/Satori's first two spellcards. They aren't really worth speaking of.

Maybe not the second one since it's memo of when to turn, but the first one definitely is.

J.O.B

« Reply #864 on: July 13, 2011, 04:10:22 PM »
That first one was really easy! I timed it out first try. I didn't get the Kamikaze card though, and I probably could've gotten Return Inanimteness if I wasn't sandwiched between bullets.
Aya's first two spellcards timed out now.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:21:26 PM by J.O.B »

« Reply #865 on: July 13, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »
Maybe not the second one since it's memo of when to turn, but the first one definitely is.

Oh right. Turn at the middle of the screen. Convoluted fucking stuff. Unless your goal is capturing the spell on this side of today then its really easy. I don't really know how one would go about doing that spell fast. It was obviously not even designed to be done fast. It was designed as one big grazewhoring card for scorerunners most likely... which makes for a hell of a boring card for survival players. Nicely done there.

As for Spring Kyoto Doll, I dunno. Its not a very complex cards, just a matter of reading a bunch of bullets all coming from pretty much the same direction. Its a hell of a lot more fun than the boring ass ease-fest that is the PCB card of the same name though. To be honest, on the two later runs of the battle that it took me to get the timeout of her final spellcard I was challenged quite some by SKD... Its a good card. Not top tier challenge or anything like that and believe me, most of the difficulty stems from not being used to Marisa's hitbox (curse that fucking hitbox inconsistency, the worst idea of PCB... which has that Stage 4 so that's saying something.)

The third card is also very good. My first attempt against it was 2DNB. I didn't expect to win there. My 2nd attempt I experimented with it which caused me to die a numerous amount of time and dolls to explode at the bottom of the screen too. Didn't know it could do that. I guess its because I was located higher up at the screen at that time. The third attempt nailed it.

Its a shame that two good spells are wasted on that PoS character though. Although i gotta give her, she handles Stage 4 really good. Its nice to finally get some revenge on the pixel perfect laser nonsense. You know, the stuff that you see coming ages before it kills you and actually only kills you because you failed to position your character just right? Those lasers. Even though I have pretty much no reason to whine about those at all since I pretty much have some trick established that I'm too retarded to take into use. Whatever. Fun day. Patchouli is up next. Then Nitori who will likely massacre me. Even beyond Tokagushi.

Too long post again. Fuck.

EDIT: And here goes an ammendment to an already long post. Timed out Philosophers Stone and Mercury Poison (the SA versions obviously). The former I knew would just be a question of sitting in the middle of the screen and moving a bit out of the way every once in a while. Simple stuff. The Latter however was as much of a nightmare as something handled in three attempts can be. I am very terrified of the way those bullets works. A challenging thing indeed. Now there is just that Princess Undine motherfucker that I really have no sympathy for. I have no idea about how it works, that's gonna take some experimentation. Let's just leave it at it being a concept I don't really understand the joy of. Microtapping with lasers with cryptically aimed walls. Cute.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:22:37 PM by Zengeku »

« Reply #866 on: July 13, 2011, 05:30:55 PM »
yeah, but you know you're going to have to wait at least another month or so for an english patch.
English shminglish, as long as I can have my pewpewpew :V.  There'll probably be a script translation up on the wiki within a couple days of release too, so I'm not too concerned there.  Hurry up Comiket, I want you in my arms~!

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #867 on: July 13, 2011, 05:44:41 PM »
English shminglish, as long as I can have my pewpewpew :V.  There'll probably be a script translation up on the wiki within a couple days of release too, so I'm not too concerned there.  Hurry up Comiket, I want you in my arms~!

Which reminds me, when is TD going to hit the shops? September again?

« Reply #868 on: July 13, 2011, 06:43:57 PM »
Which means that anyone posting achievements about the game until September are pirates.   :V

« Reply #869 on: July 13, 2011, 07:10:35 PM »
It's like that every time a game comes out. Apparently everybody turns a blind eye to it.