Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 147646 times)

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #390 on: April 17, 2011, 12:21:28 PM »
Gave the trial another credit today since it's release. Perfect first two stages. Shotgunned a bit more and got 104 million.
Anyone else already figured out that going outside the reflecting walls of the stage 2 boss makes it trivial? Okay.
Anyone know how her last card works though? Get the feeling as if there's some aimed element to it.

Might as well ask. For those of you so far who have beaten TD Lunatic, what do you think of its difficulty? I hear a lot of talk about how lower difficulties are easier, but I notice the bosses' danmaku becoming very dense very early for Lunatic

Might just be me, but I don't really find it hard. It's certainly lower tier as for first three Touhou stages goes at the moment.
Also dense =/= difficult per se
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:24:06 PM by Jaimers »

« Reply #391 on: April 17, 2011, 12:25:09 PM »
Anyone know how her last card works though? Get the feeling as if there's some aimed element to it.
It's exactly as you think: it's completely aimed. As the reflecting orb gets ready to disperse, run to a corner and she'll aim the next reflecting orb in that direction. If you alternate corners doing this, the card becomes pretty trivial, especially since when she casts new orbs, it sucks in a good majority of the bullets coming at you.

« Reply #392 on: April 17, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »
10D Demo Lunatic 1cc.

I still don't like it though. Also, the not being able to deathbomb when you have enough for autotrance leads to so much panic bombing.

« Reply #393 on: April 17, 2011, 10:50:05 PM »
10D Demo Lunatic 1cc.

I still don't like it though. Also, the not being able to deathbomb when you have enough for autotrance leads to so much panic bombing.

Replay?

« Reply #394 on: April 17, 2011, 10:54:15 PM »
It'll be uploaded once I get one that doesn't suck horribly. I've done it twice with Reimu.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #395 on: April 18, 2011, 12:37:55 AM »
10D Demo Lunatic 1cc with Marisa

I messed up here and there, but mostly...

Oh, this is also the first time I upload a touhou video to youtube, and I have one question. Is there a way to record with fraps but at 60fps? Since it lags too much, I had to record it at 20fps and then speed it up with ctrl (that's why it looks messed up). Please PM me since I desperately need help.

Did I mention that I captured Desire Sign "Score Desire Eater"~ :toot:

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2011, 05:12:51 AM »
Oh, this is also the first time I upload a touhou video to youtube, and I have one question. Is there a way to record with fraps but at 60fps? Since it lags too much, I had to record it at 20fps and then speed it up with ctrl (that's why it looks messed up). Please PM me since I desperately need help.
It seems that many people are having this problem, including me after testing this. I'm not quite sure what the problem is. :/
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #397 on: April 18, 2011, 05:41:19 AM »
Is it a problem occuring only in the demo?

I had similiar problems when recording videos of 12.5 for the first time.

If it's a general problem, then there are different factors to consider, at least the ones that worked for me:

1) System performance in general:
If I recall correctly, my old laptop did have some problems with records, causing occasional lag spikes. Can't remember the specs to save my life, must have been Dual Core, 2,2Ghz, but I can't remember anything else. Not like it matters, you'll notice if it doesn't work.

2) Fraps installed on a different drive than the game?
When I looked into this, I saw something about installing fraps on a different drive than the game helping with the performance during records. Did not work for me, but installing Fraps on the same drive as the game worked wonders, never had any problems after that. Still don't know if I simply misread the advice or if my computer is some kind of magic box, but having Fraps and the game on the same drive solved my problem.

3) Assigning specific cores to Fraps and the game:
This is something else I found. In the task manager, you can right-click a currently running application and assign cores to it (if you have a multi-core system, that is). By doing that, you can have different parts of your system process the respective applications. For instance, if you've got a quad core, you can assign cores 1 and 2 to Fraps, cores 3 and 4 to the game. This, however, never worked for me, but that was before I put Fraps onto the same drive, so I don't know. Also, you might have problems assigning the cores due to a lack of rights or the option being grey. If that does happen, I don't know what to do.

Anyway, that's all I can tell you, sorry if it doesn't help, I really don't know that much about all this computer mumbo-jumbo.

Sorry if this should have been in a PM instead, figured I might as well post it here since another person asked!

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #398 on: April 18, 2011, 05:54:33 AM »
1) System performance in general:
If I recall correctly, my old laptop did have some problems with records, causing occasional lag spikes. Can't remember the specs to save my life, must have been Dual Core, 2,2Ghz, but I can't remember anything else. Not like it matters, you'll notice if it doesn't work.
That should be a factor actually. Mine has many lag spikes during recordings, which is why I dedicate so much of my time recording repeatedly the same thing over and over until I get a satisfying result. I've got a dual core intel pentium d of 3.20 ghz. I'm guessing some of the problems is my graphics card not being able to keep up with the running processes of both fraps and touhou at the same time. (or possibly any other games for that matter)
TF2 Backpack

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2011, 02:41:29 AM »
I feel like I'm getting more consistent at scorerunning TD Stage 1. I have what I believe to be Reimu's optimal path to work on, so now I can just focus on execution there. Also improving in Stage 2, having pulled off a few runs up to boss-Kyouko with my own path (which I also believe to be optimal). I'm still unsure on exactly how to bomb/hyper parts of boss-Kyouko though.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2011, 02:46:46 PM »
First Normal no death no bomb run of the TD demo with Youmu. Yay!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #401 on: April 19, 2011, 03:22:25 PM »
Woo, that was intense.  Hard SA 1cc!  That leaves PoDD and UFO.

EDIT: FFFFFFFFF-!  Can't submit score, 7.51% slowdown.  Stupid lagspells :(.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:33:01 PM by chirpy13 »

« Reply #402 on: April 19, 2011, 03:48:12 PM »
I did a no bomb no manual hyper attempt of TD Hard with 2 misses.

I'm pretty sure I'd game over at midboss Yuugi if I tried a no bomb run of SA on Normal.

If things remain this way I might have a shot at another Hard 1cc later.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #403 on: April 20, 2011, 01:10:03 AM »
Hard 1cc of TD Demo. Yoshika really throws me off badly - her kunais are stupidly thick (maybe I should start playing more on full screen rather than windowed), but liberal use of bombs/hypers solved that problem for me. Oh well, a clear is a clear.

« Reply #404 on: April 20, 2011, 01:18:57 AM »
Hard 1cc of TD Demo. Yoshika really throws me off badly - her kunais are stupidly thick (maybe I should start playing more on full screen rather than windowed), but liberal use of bombs/hypers solved that problem for me. Oh well, a clear is a clear.
Yes, always go with fullscreen, it makes your life so much easier.  If you must play in windowed for whatever reason (eg. I need to play windowed to record practice mode EoSD replays), try to get your screen resolution set so that the window takes up as much of the screen as possible.  I usually just go with 800x600 res and the standard 640x480 game window.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #405 on: April 20, 2011, 05:25:03 AM »
After having 3 failed runs at IaMP normal with Sakuya, the fourth run finally co-operated! It was very messy, but I'm proud to have done it because this means I'm getting better at this game. The only thing I didn't like was when Sakuya felt that she needed to stand still and do nothing. Luckily, the AI most of the time mirrored that. :V
TF2 Backpack

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #406 on: April 20, 2011, 05:37:04 AM »
Nothing huge, but I managed to get to Reisen on Hard but lost my life to Illusion Seeker

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #407 on: April 20, 2011, 05:50:32 AM »
Hard SA 1cc
My first 1cc of SA Hard had 4 lives left and had been done with a character that I hadn't beaten Normal with.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #408 on: April 21, 2011, 02:38:23 AM »
TD Hard 1cc with Sanae, finally. I can't wait until the retail version come out so I can actual practice things as opposed to bombing anything that presents a remote threat (which includes every single attack from Yoshika except her first spell, which isn't that dangerous if I just settle with time out).

Also, I managed to pull off two extends on Normal with Sanae as well. I seriously hope that there's going to be more extends in the retail version (either by changing the first three stages, changing the requirements, or be a LOT more generous with red spirits on stage 4-6).

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
« Reply #409 on: April 21, 2011, 03:34:49 PM »
PoFV 1CC Lunatic with Marisa...at least it's not Aya or Medicine...

(please tell me Marisa is a non-cheating character...)

EDIT: Forgot to link the runs: [Part 1] [Part 2]

Not to forget to mention I usually goof off the first 4 stages.  I get serious in stages 5 and above.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:32:32 PM by Lord Scalgon »
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #410 on: April 21, 2011, 11:24:52 PM »

Marisa isn't broken, no. I believe that she was counted as a low tier character in that game, if I recall correctly. Good job!
TF2 Backpack

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #411 on: April 22, 2011, 02:05:23 PM »
Flying Fantastica Capped on Normal. For good friday because memes.
Now to time it out without being raped by timeout phase  :V
And here is the MoF Extra Clear I mentioned earlier with CRAPPY VIDEO QUALITY

I cleared IN's Extra, will record later as usual.
Now i'm out of ideas which extra to clear

I have
EoSD - Frkkin Flanberry Trap and maze of love
PCB Phantasm- Stage Raeg
SA - Release of Id and SUPEREGO sucks horribly
UFO - Don't get me started...
GFW - Too inconsistant at stage...
10D - Doesn't exist (yet)

« Reply #412 on: April 22, 2011, 05:11:12 PM »
Flan's tough but has an easy stage, Yukari's easy but has a tough stage.  Those are probably the easiest ones of what you mentioned, with Yukari probably being the easier of the two (she only took me two tries as opposed to dozens)

« Reply #413 on: April 22, 2011, 07:06:14 PM »
PCB Phantasm- Stage Raeg

I recall having a really hard time with Flandre when I was new to shmups. However, even then I found Yukari's stage to be a pretty simple affair of memorized movements and a few pre-planned bombs that would consistently get me to Yukari without dying. Almost everything in it can be dealt with in exactly the same way every time so don't give up on it. And once you get to Yukari with all those lives she won't be that hard to beat.

Iirc i beat her in two or three tries.

Oh and you deserve some credit for Flying Fantastica. That spell is a fucking motherfucker that fucks with your eyes.

« Reply #414 on: April 22, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »

EDIT: Forgot to link the runs: [Part 1] [Part 2]

Not to forget to mention I usually goof off the first 4 stages.  I get serious in stages 5 and above.

I personally avoid using her when playing versus matches, due to how she limits space when you (or whoever is fighting her) don't have a bomb available, but the AI's problem seems to be exactly the opposite of what we would have: they don't detect the lasers, but have little problems against the micrododging iirc. Anyways, I guess you didn't capitalize on Marisa's lasers so, congratulations for your effort and achievement!
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #415 on: April 22, 2011, 08:32:18 PM »
._.

So, I was frustrated with another failure on perfecting Sakuya, so I went to fight Remilia. It was an average run really, and I decided on a whim to try timing out Scarlet Gensokyo. I've never been good at it (best I believe was 52 seconds left), but it's always been the dream.

Timed out no bombs no deaths.

._.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #416 on: April 22, 2011, 08:45:57 PM »

Max Rank?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #417 on: April 22, 2011, 08:48:54 PM »
Max Rank?

Rank doesn't effect Remilia's spell cards, remember?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #418 on: April 22, 2011, 08:56:52 PM »
._.

So, I was frustrated with another failure on perfecting Sakuya, so I went to fight Remilia. It was an average run really, and I decided on a whim to try timing out Scarlet Gensokyo. I've never been good at it (best I believe was 52 seconds left), but it's always been the dream.

._.
Hahaha, god damn. Nice stuff, 'nut. :V That perfect is bound to happen sooner or later.
Let's fight.

« Reply #419 on: April 22, 2011, 10:30:02 PM »
Rank doesn't effect Remilia's spell cards, remember?

No I didn't. In that case, congratulations man. This time, not a half-assed one.