Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 147292 times)

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #930 on: July 19, 2011, 10:36:49 AM »
I caught Forgiveness "Honest Man's Death", which was as easy as some players make it out to be.
That's still her hardest spell for me apart from Hollow Giant.

« Reply #931 on: July 19, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
You can't be serious. That card? How can you ever consider that harder than Fujiyama Volcano or Everlasting Phoenix Tail?

The laser's hitbox activate as soon as it reaches the spot you were at when it spawned. Just move a tiny bit towards the laser and it will skip you completely. It doesn't make sense, like at all, but that's all there is to it.

« Reply #932 on: July 19, 2011, 03:31:27 PM »
Maybe he uses the Uber Method

« Reply #933 on: July 19, 2011, 03:52:08 PM »
Yeah, for some reason i think that is pretty unlikely.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #934 on: July 19, 2011, 04:10:01 PM »
The laser's hitbox activate as soon as it reaches the spot you were at when it spawned. Just move a tiny bit towards the laser and it will skip you completely. It doesn't make sense, like at all, but that's all there is to it.
That's why. It doesn't make any sense and no one ever thoroughly explained it to me when I was trying to beat the stage. Thanks for finally making it clear though.

After a week of trying I 1cc'd Imperishable Night on lunatic. First lunatic clear too. Feels pretty good.

« Reply #935 on: July 19, 2011, 06:00:53 PM »
UFO Lunatic 1cc get!!!

And in one try too! WOOHOO!!! - So, here's the deal. I'm situated in a camping trailer, its bloody hot in here because the suns doing it's thing outside, and my Xbox, my computer and my television is doing its thing inside. I decided, let's try 1cc'ing and I succeeded. It makes me quite happy to have this thing done finally. It is your run of the mill initial 1cc though. Many really stupid deaths happened. They made me quite irritated really. I said to myself, its okay to die as long as you die in a dignified way. Bombing Complete Clarification only to die to it right afterwards is not my idea of dignifying. Nor is running into bullets. But whatever. It doesn't matter now.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #936 on: July 19, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »
Oh, thought you had 1CCed all games already, quite refreshing actually. Congratulations!

« Reply #937 on: July 19, 2011, 06:35:55 PM »
I haven't 1cc'd the fighters, SoEW, HrTP and MS. They are either too old or just not appealing to me.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #938 on: July 19, 2011, 06:42:54 PM »
Haha, I see, haven't tackled any non-main games minus 9.5 and 12.5 yet either, postponing that until post-UFO or TD. Need a gamepad for that anyway.

Still, you went for a perfect Stage 5 before 1CCing the game? I suppose it does serve as excellent practice, but it's quite surprising. Quite fresh, indeed!

« Reply #939 on: July 19, 2011, 06:44:27 PM »
Not perfect Stage 5. Just Shou. If I needed to go through Greatest Treasure and get Shou perfectly in one go my heart would probably explode from the tension at Complete Clarification. :)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #940 on: July 19, 2011, 06:46:23 PM »
UFO Lunatic 1cc get!!!
Congrats, at last! :D
Let's fight.

« Reply #941 on: July 19, 2011, 06:49:33 PM »
Congrats, at last! :D

Thanks. Also, congrats on creating a special challenge that really speaks to my heart this week! I have never done a no-bombs 1cc of SA. Maybe I can do something about this.

« Reply #942 on: July 19, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »
Congrats, and upload that thing to Youtube. Well, if you feel like it at least.

« Reply #943 on: July 19, 2011, 07:03:50 PM »
Yeah for sure. I'm just not able to right now, but it will be uploaded. Along with that Shou fight and some other stuff i've pulled off recently but not had the hardware to record available.

zephyredx

• Car = ma
« Reply #944 on: July 19, 2011, 10:40:40 PM »
Randomly managed to capture Recollection of Kinkaku-ji with Aya, after 310 attempted shots.
Why is Youmu afraid of Unzan?

Because the things that her sword cannot cut are next to nun!

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #945 on: July 19, 2011, 10:55:39 PM »
PCB Extra Clear!  Freaking FINALLY!  It only took me what?  Like 4 months?  Oy.  My heart felt like it was about to burst outta my chest when I was facing 'Descent of Izuna Gongen'....  Was the first time I'd ever actually made it past 'Kokkuri-san's Contract', to boot.

For reference, it was with Sakuya B.

Oy vey.  On to Phantasm, and all the nightmares that entails!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #946 on: July 19, 2011, 11:06:56 PM »
On to Phantasm, and all the nightmares that entails!
You shouldn't have much trouble with that since Yukari is easier than Ran.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #947 on: July 19, 2011, 11:42:02 PM »
So I hear.  I know her analogue to Princess Tenko is a lot simpler(I've done my share of research ahead, and such.), and that's one that always gave me trouble, despite being relatively simple.

Not looking forwards to Double Death Butterfly though.  Ah well, I'll need to actually REACH her first, so I've got a little while before I need to be concerned about those things.  Planning to try and work out the "puzzle" of the stage enemies myself instead of following a path someone else did like I did with Extra.

I'll be back in here once I "win"!  Good luck to everyone else in here with any goals they're working on, too!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

ark

• みょん

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #949 on: July 20, 2011, 06:03:57 AM »
Safespotted Reisen's Last Spell on all possible difficulties.
The point on the screen I used was... the spawning point of the player character.

TMiles

• Let's party!
« Reply #950 on: July 20, 2011, 12:47:59 PM »
I... Just beat Phantasm with no Deaths and two bombs in stock... On my first try... After a lot of time without playing it... And I wasn't even trying... What the-

« Reply #951 on: July 20, 2011, 12:54:51 PM »

Idk, I managed to perfect Ran but Yukari killed me at BoLaD. Ran might overshadow Yukari with regards to certain spellcards but i'd still say that Yukari is slightly harder.

« Reply #952 on: July 20, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »
I never perfected either of them. My best for Ran is still 1DNB and my best for Yukari is ND2B.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #953 on: July 20, 2011, 07:41:02 PM »
SA Lunatic no-bombs 1cc.

I'm actually surprised I haven't spent much time on this beforehand. Then again, I guess I kinda needed to be roughly as good as I am now to get through Stage 5 as well as I did (lest I not get enough life-pieces to recover). Indeed, Stage 5 was the highlight for me, as I only died on the pellet hell and Cursed Sprite, perfecting everything else.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #954 on: July 20, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »
Finally EoSD normal Reimu A default 1cc! She was the last character I needed to do that with. Now for Hard and Flandre, probably Flandre first.

Yukarasaki

• The thing nobody wants
  • Mother flipping small bombs.
« Reply #955 on: July 21, 2011, 12:41:33 PM »
Well I finally finished EX on EoSD. I gave up last year and thought I'd try again last week. Took me 4 days to finish which is better than most of my run times.

I'm rather proud of myself. brb going to go murder Flandre more while screaming like a 5 year old.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #956 on: July 21, 2011, 04:15:42 PM »
IN Hard 1cc Scarlet team Final B. Default lives (I remembered this time).
First death at Reisen's second card. Ended (the game) 0/3. I wasn't trying that hard too.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #957 on: July 22, 2011, 01:48:53 AM »
Upon first unlocking level 9 in DS, I proceed to capture 9-5 in two tries. I didn't even know anything about the card beyond "Satori moves when I aim so I have to click quickly".

ark

• みょん
« Reply #958 on: July 22, 2011, 05:36:35 AM »
NDNB Satori (ReimuA), so all SA bosses perfected now.

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #959 on: July 22, 2011, 05:00:13 PM »
Reporting in with yet another 1CC, this time it's Mountain of Faith using ReimuB.