Author Topic: "Hey Mega Man, you're a little low on air!"  (Read 3264 times)

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
"Hey Mega Man, you're a little low on air!"
« on: October 27, 2010, 06:30:32 AM »
"And you're full of SH :o "

Enough about that. I stumbled across this hilarious little game just now. Imagine a first person deathmatch game... with 8-bit megaman sprites. I shit you not. Ladies and gentlechens, Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch.

Its a helluva lot better than I'm making it sound. Believe me.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:33:30 AM by Odda C. »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: "Hey Mega Man, you're a little low on air!"
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:44:09 PM »
It is actually moderately entertaining, though I think there's a few things I probably would've done a little different (Some kind of indicator on the screen of what your full list of currently held weapons is would be nice for all the weapon switching you have to do).

Also single-player takes goddamn forever but the boss fights are awesome times.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 06:55:11 PM »
Does the game use the WASD Mouse controls, or is it classic DOOM style? I'm too used to Half-Life 2. =X

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 09:23:02 PM »
I play this game with another internet community I frequent fairly often. I'd be willing to host for you guys too some time but it'd likely be kinda laggy.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 12:36:22 AM »
Does the game use the WASD Mouse controls, or is it classic DOOM style? I'm too used to Half-Life 2. =X
It's however you want it to be set up.  WASD+Mouse is very usable.  If you do use Mouselook, I suggest not looking up or down too far; Doom's engine wasn't coded to handle looking around vertically and so stuff starts getting really weird.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 02:59:30 AM »
I'm reminded of the Marathon games. Anyone remember those? A friend of mine played them and introduced me to the series. In those games, you couldn't aim all the way up or down, but just enough to see what was above or below you. Thanks for filling me in on that.