Author Topic: Battle for Gensokyo Chapter II  (Read 2155 times)

Dasher-Crash

• Baka Master
  • Ability: Harnessing the power of the BSOD
Battle for Gensokyo Chapter II
« on: June 22, 2010, 09:46:33 AM »
  Marisa was devastated. Her only human friend in Gensokyo, her friend and sometimes savior, gone in her arms with nothing she can do. No, Marisa thought. There is one thing I can do. Carrying the limp Reimu on her back, Marisa ran out the front doors of the shine, looking desperately for her broomstick. She was immediately confronted by black mist seeping from underneath the shrine, spreading out across the ground.
  Are these the evil spirits Reimu was talking about? Marisa wondered, but shook her head clear. Grabbing her broomstick leaning against one of the shrine pillars, she took to the air. After a few minutes of flying, she landed at the front steps of her house. She kicked the door open, starling Alice, who was busy sewing more dolls.
  ?Marisa! What are you? Huh? Who is that on your back? Is?is that? Reimu??
  ?Long story. Can?t talk now. Send. Message to. Everybody in. Gensokyo. They are. Coming. Be prepared. Fight for. Gensokyo.? Marisa uttered between gasping breaths.
  ?Huh? O?Okay.? She quickly wrote down the message on a piece of spare paper, later using her magic to duplicate them. Snapping her fingers, a small legion of dolls appeared in front of her, each picking up a message, and disappeared.
  ?The messages are on their way, but how??? Alice turned around. Marisa was gone.

Marisa, still carrying Reimu, landed on the front steps of Eirin?s clinic. Kicking the door, she winced as she realized the door was barricaded. Cursing under her breath, she dropped Reimu gently on the floor. Taking the mini-Hakerro from her pocket, she cupped her hands to the right side of her body. It looks like she was going to have to barge her way in.
  ?LOVE SIGN: MASTER SPARK!!!?
  Thrusting her hands forward, a large, rainbow-coloured beam made from raw magical power protruded from the mini-Hakerro hit the door with full force. The door remained the way it was. Marisa cursed again; it was magic-protected. Taking in large, deep breaths, and picking up Reimu, she knocked on the door, and a busty, white haired woman wearing a blue and red nurse outfit opened it. Smiling sweetly, she greeted Marisa, who, in turn, smacked her upside the head with her broomstick.
  ?YOU IDIOT EIRIN. This is an emergency! How the hell am I supposed to alert you when I can?t even get through the door quickly??
  ?Trust me, the damage fee would have been raked up to the thousands if you blasted through a hole in my clinic.? Eirin said, dusting herself off. ?Moreover, what?s the emergency??
  ?This.? Marisa said. Putting Reimu on the tatami mat. Eirin gasped as she realized that she was completely limp, and her body was turning cold as she felt it. Marisa sat down next to the table in the center of the room.
  ?Is she? dead?? Eirin stuttered. ?Marisa? what did you do???
  ?I did nothing. ? Marisa said, wiping a tear from her eye.  ?I wish I did.?
  Eirin stood up, crossing her arms. ?What do you want to do with her??
  ?I want you to revive her.?
  Eirin was even more taken aback. Biting her finger, she paced around the room. ?Resurrection is not possible.? She finally said. ?It would be one thing to restore a completely mutilated body back to its original state, but death? I?m afraid even my medical expertise can?t go that far. The best we can do? is to give her a proper funeral.?
  ?No.? Marisa asserted. Slamming the table she was sitting at, she continued ?No, death means that the soul has been freed from the body, is that right??
  ?Well? yes. You could say that.? Eirin said.
  ?Do you have any means of containing and restoring a soul??
  ?I?m afraid not. But? if it?s worth anything, it?s probably a good idea to check the underground. There may be one or two people who can help.?
  Sighing, Marisa tilted her hat forwards. ?I?ll leave her here. Make sure her body is in the best condition when I?m back. One more thing?? Marisa spun around to face Eirin, her face like stone. ?Get ready to fight, with Reimu down, the Great Hakurei Border will fall. Once that happens, evil youkai will pour into Gensokyo, trying to take over it. I want you to fight with your life? and make sure no harm comes to Reimu?s body.?
  Eirin said nothing, but gave Marisa a steely glare of determination.
  ?Spread the word. See you soon? or not.?
  With that, she grabbed her broomstick and took to the air again.

A petite vampire sat at her throne, sipping red tea from her cup. Her large, black wings stretched out with signs of fatigue. A maid wearing a short-skirted maid outfit walked in. She had silver hair with braids at the sides of her head. She carried a piece of paper in her hands.
  ?Ah, Sakuya. What news do you bring today.? The vampire crossed her legs, and took another casual sip from her cup.
  ?Lady Remilia. One of Alice?s dolls dropped this message. It reads ?Reimu is dead. Get ready. Evil youkai from outside are pouring into Gensokyo. Be prepared to fight for Gensokyo.?.?
  The vampire Remilia sat up straight. ?Reimu is dead?? She said with a shocked expression on her face. ?That means the Great Hakurei Border she has been guarding will fall. That?s how these youkai will come in.? She turned to Sakuya. ?Get the maid fairies ready for battle. Take care of the youkai accordingly if they send scouts. Plus,? she smirked ?we always have our secret weapon.?
  ?Secret weapon? I don?t recall? oh!? Sakuya exclaimed, realizing what was being said. ?That weapon.?

A girl with short purple hair sat on a chair, quietly reading a book. She was wearing a blue, long-sleeved blouse and a pink skirt. There were red ropes around her, all connected to an eye which was open outside her body. The walls were nicely painted white, with several bookshelves all around. Suddenly, similar girl, this time with green hair, a black hat and a green blouse with a blue skirt barged into the room. The girl looked positively shocked, and a piece of paper was dangling from her hand. The two locked eyes for several seconds, and the girl with purple hair nodded, her expression changed from a stoic to a determined one.
  Snapping her fingers, another girl with large, raven wings, long black hair, a green bow, a white school shirt and a blue skirt appeared. She was also wearing a dimensional cape, and had a nuclear fusion cannon for her left arm. One of her legs was also covered in radioactive rock.
  ?Utsuho.? The girl with purple hair said. ?Tell Orin that we have company, and get ready to fight for your life.?
  ?Yes, Lady Satori.? The girl called Utsuho nodded, and disappeared.
  Satori tightly hugged the other girl, who buried her face in Satori?s chest and started crying. ?It?s alright Koishi. Everything will be fine. Just get ready to fight.?
  Koishi looked up, wiped her eyes, and nodded.

A girl who looked no more than 17 wearing a frilly skirt and carried a large parasol walked out side on her field. Her eyes were solemn as she read a note she had received. Crunching the paper, she snapped her fingers. A young kitsune with nine tails, blue eyes and sage-like clothes appeared beside her.
  ?What would you like me to do, Lady Yukari?? the young kitsune said.
  ?Let us go, Ran, my shikigami, to the human world.? Yukari said in a mysterious voice.
  ?But why?? Ran questioned. It was unlike her master to be so serious about something so trivial.
  ?There are some people we need? to ?pick up?.? She said, clenching her fists.

The Raptor once again kneeled in front of the giant, ready to give his daily report.
  ?Sir, the situation is not good. Gensokyo will soon be notified of our presence. We have lost our element of surprise.? The Raptor gulped, hoping that it would not anger Gigantas. After all, if he were, he would take out his frustration on the only thing in the room: him.
  However, Gigantas was unfazed. ?It does not matter.? He stated confidently. ?Send out the scout Raptors and raid all of Gensokyo?s landmarks. If they know our presence, then all the more we should expect resistance. Go now.?
  The Raptor bowed and left. The fun part was about to begin.

Author's comments:

Yep yep, it's a bit longer now. Next one will have a bit of comedy in it. My promise.
On your mark, aim, action!!!

Netwarrior

• Yeah that's a very pleasant attitude to have
Re: Battle for Gensokyo Chapter II
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 07:19:03 PM »
I'm a bit curious to know who Yukari is going to "pick up"...

But you promised comedy... I don't think that a story like this is suitable to have comedy scenes...
When a child dies, we call the corpse an ADULT.

Dasher-Crash

• Baka Master
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 02:18:55 AM »
Well sir, I meant a little bit, just for comic relief really. It fits in with the story. Don't worry.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 05:00:08 AM »
I'm a bit curious to know who Yukari is going to "pick up"...

> Either OCs or Maribel and Renko.

Dasher-Crash

• Baka Master
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 08:25:56 AM »
Spot on. Anyway, ignore this thread. Another one's going to be posted, with the two chapters together this time, and possibly the third one.