Author Topic: Touhou Project 12.5 ~ ダブルスポイラー (Double Spoiler) announced, girls are preparing.  (Read 236101 times)

Momiji

• Cya
Also, now we can do a Parsee x Freddie Mercury.
IS THIS THE REAL LIFE

IS THIS JUST JEALOUSY

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
Well it hardly matters if she has pointy ears or not. Its not gonna affect her character or personality or way of doing things.  :/ To me this is one of those "take it or leave it" deals. Maybe they did evolve or maybe its a Tengu thing since the tengu race can hear just about anything from anywhere. Just as some beings can extend their claws for a threatening appearance, maybe she can extend her ears to hear great distances. Who knows. She's still the same Aya as always.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Lucarius

Found the videos. It's obviously in Japanese, but you can enjoy the images. You can probably tell who's being talked about by the music.

Mountain of Faith: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/5237730
Subterranean Animism: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/17872711

The video about Parsee is http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6136024

I've been to Moriya Jinja, Yasaka Jinja, and Suwa Taisha.
People should control themselves when putting up their ema. The amount of Touhou (yukkuri mostly) on them is ridiculous.

I've also been to Washinomiya Jinja, the Lucky Star sanctuary. The ema there are even more ridiculous.

I plan to go to Ooeyama this summer.

Not sure if this was put up yet, but apparently the first nicovideo to go up about double spoiler was this:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9895965
About 5 hours after ZUN's article.

I was reading the niclopedia article on double spoiler: http://dic.nicovideo.jp/b/a/%E3%83%80%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B9%E3%83%9D%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A9%E3%83%BC%20%E3%80%9C%20%E6%9D%B1%E6%96%B9%E6%96%87%E8%8A%B1%E5%B8%96/121-

Many Japanese people are saying the pointed look of these ears mean nothing. They say if you look at other characters like Nue, Orin, Yuugi, Murasa etc. they have similar shapes. They argue that ZUN draws normal ears in a somewhat pointy fashion (because it's easier to draw that way), and they go as far to say that Parsee's seemingly pointy ears aren't supposed to make her ears any different from the ears of any other character.

Basically, they think the whole ear shape deal for any character is just ZUN's randomness at work. Perhaps if ZUN sees this claim somewhere, he may fix it before Reitaisai ワラワラ
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 11:08:30 PM by Lucarius »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
ZUN likes to put a lot of background into his wordplay, in this case Patchouli's educated guess. I would take her educated guess in SA as a simple joke, nothing factually coherent to Mizuhashi herself. (Note she's not confidently stating that Mizuhashi is in fact a Persian, just guessing so probably because Parsee's name is Persian.)

In other words, only Patchouli's educated guess and ZUN's witty wordplay originate from the whole Persia deal, not Mizuhashi herself.
Sensical.  That also aligns with how in-story Patchouli wouldn't know the difference, what with not being able to go by anything except what she heard.

Her ears should be pointy to compensate for her lack of headgear though.

I will buy DS for people who want them, but only once the game is released in stores.

I would... so give you them money for that... but I guess the shipping is going to cost a lot...

@Topic: Thrilled to see what will happen in the game. I am starting to imagine... how, no matter how many times I try, I will always fail to dodge those patterns.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
I would... so give you them money for that... but I guess the shipping is going to cost a lot...
Shipping shouldn't be that much, especially if the mail couriers who do international shipping there have a media rate for CD, books, and the like.  Shipping a small package via USPS first-class to Japan that weighs five ounces would cost $4.80, and a CD+small box would probably weigh less than that.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Through... I don?t know how much it would cost to send it over here to germany.
Urgh... I have to really watch out what I want to waste my pocketmoney on.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
Through... I don?t know how much it would cost to send it over here to germany.
Urgh... I have to really watch out what I want to waste my pocketmoney on.
Look here (main page here), or maybe you could ask N-Forza in the Korindou thread.

Shipping to Germany is the same rate as shipping to the US.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
OH GOD WHY DID THIS NEWS COME OUT RIGHT WHEN I HAD LEFT FOR A WEEK

OH MY GOD

OH

MY

GOD

SHOOT THE BULLET TWO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :*

Alfred F. Jones

hey hey guys

do you realize what this meaaaaaaaaans

Scarlet Weather Rhapsody of All Humankind IN DANMAKU FORM

OH MY GOD I AM SO EXCITED AND :* :* :* :* :* :*

Alfred F. Jones

no wait even better

Satori can read the traumas of your heart

you realize what this means

9-6 will be back

harder than before

oh my god this is going to be AMAZIIIIIIIIIIING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH  :* :* :*

* Signum Rurouni froths at the mouth

Okay I'm calming down I promise :x

Ruro made me realize that this means Tenshi and Iku get ZUNsprites now, like Suika did in StB. Hooray!

Quote from: Grimoire of Marisa
Though this seems to be the same kind of spell card as my Master Spark, this apparent laser actually isn't a laser, but a superfast and superdense gathering of spirit bullets.

:V
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 07:19:16 AM by SenSageUn »

Lucarius

もちつけwww

and wb.

I couldn't live for a week without the internet...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 07:23:33 AM by Lucarius »

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Finally, Ruro's fangasm! I was waiting for this for a whole week!

Finally, Ruro's fangasm! I was waiting for this for a whole week!
Totally worth it :smug:

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Fangasm time! I missed you Ruro~n. o/

Oh?
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Formless God

I'm more interested in Iku's LIGHTNING  :*

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
I'm more interested in Iku's LIGHTNING  :*
Yes very much this

@Scarlet Weather Rhapsody as not a laser - Couldn't you argue that something like Master Spark is a superfast, superdense barrage of photon bullets?

Alfred F. Jones

Oh?

Oh my god if ZUN's version of SWR in bullet form is half as awesome as this I will fangasm all over again. And promptly scream and die to her laser.

And I unno about you guys, but I am looking forward to Satori's arsenal of new cards more than anything. 9-6 is the trauma that leaves me senseless. Byakuren too; maybe we'll see more PC-98 homages?

Solais

• Developer fairy
Yes, I'm looking forward to Satorin~.

And Satori uses past cards, eh? Maybe she'll pay that homage to the PC-98 games. That would be awesome.

Alfred F. Jones

And Satori uses past cards, eh? Maybe she'll pay that homage to the PC-98 games. That would be awesome.

Well, Satori uses cards that her opponent has seen in the past. So if the opponent is our playable, Aya, that means that the most immediate possibilities are:

- Everything from Shoot the Bullet, stage... 7 onwards? Oh my god, BOUNDARY OF WAVE AND PARTICLE AGAIN
- MoF stage 4 (Peerless Wind God. Who's looking forward to THAT? :V)
- Everything from SA
- SWR stuff that doesn't belong to Iku or Tenshi

... oh dear, Satori's stage is NOT going to be pretty D: I am hoping for an original card from her, though.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
- MoF stage 4 (Peerless Wind God. Who's looking forward to THAT? :V)
ZUN dies.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Byakuren too; maybe we'll see more PC-98 homages?

I'm half-drooling, half-anxious for this. New cards from her may throw all kinds of wrenches and muses my way for TnT, since i'm already planning on structuring the story around her spellcards. Can you guess what the title of Chapter 1 is going to be? :3

Alfred F. Jones

Can you guess what the title of Chapter 1 is going to be? :3

I can, as a matter of fact :3

Oh man I seriously can't wait for this game to be released, we're gonna get all new spellcards and info and awesome hardball dodging games yessssssss <3 I have been looking forward to another StB for ages! This is such awesome news I don't even :*

But we would have the camera this time, so how bad can Peerless Wind God be?

Actually, I've grown to mostly like Peerless Wind God in MoF. I can consistently 1 death or bomb it now. And it's not as bad as I used to think of it. Still suck at capturing it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 07:35:57 PM by Enigma »

Alfred F. Jones

But we would have the camera this time, so how bad can Peerless Wind God be?

This + this + three times as many bullets.

And a mandatory ten photos for clear.

... or also, because it was in SWRRRRRRRRRS: Aya has seen Fantasy Heaven. Or better yet, Unnamed Giant Catfish (the spellcard, at least).

Solais

• Developer fairy
Holy Shit I hate those cards, I still can't do the Ran one. Eh, maybe I'll unlock Level 10 'till DS comes out.

I want to see Iku's sprites. She had better have her Saturday Night Fever pose, otherwise it's not Iku.

Gpop

Hey Ruro.

Koishi might come back >.>

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Hey Ruro.

Koishi might come back >.>

Might? I'm fully expecting a whole stage to be Satori/Koishi alternating.