Author Topic: Touhou Project 12.5 ~ ダブルスポイラー (Double Spoiler) announced, girls are preparing.  (Read 236034 times)

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
This was more successful than Bittan Bittan despite coming a little after.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
When I first saw one of those Buri Hamachi videos a few weeks ago the first thing I thought was somehow you must be behind it all! :V

Just as planned~

I saw some pics of various characters with fish before, but I never bothered to check the source until Lucarius made that comment. >_<
Now I finally understand.

Valentinya

• Does not play well with others

Just as planned~

I saw some pics of various characters with fish before, but I never bothered to check the source until Lucarius made that comment. >_<
Now I finally understand.

So, the evil mastermind behind the meme is finally revealed! I had a feeling it was the fishy Sakana behind this all along. :V

However... you don't look anything like what I was expecting. :/

Dead Princess Sakana

So, the evil mastermind behind the meme is finally revealed! I had a feeling it was the fishy Sakana behind this all along. :V

However... you don't look anything like what I was expecting. :/
I'm kind of curious what you did expect.
I'm looking more serious than usual there, but otherwise, yeah, that's me.   :D
For more pictures of me doing weird stuff, see Black Stories in the RPG section ^^
/Shameless self-promotion

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Well Lucarius, don't mind derailing a topic, that is completely normal on MoTK. And it seems we can't discuss DS anymore, because there isn't much to discuss, and your answers are more interesting.

Valentinya

• Does not play well with others
I'm kind of curious what you did expect.
I'm looking more serious than usual there, but otherwise, yeah, that's me.   :D
For more pictures of me doing weird stuff, see Black Stories in the RPG section ^^
/Shameless self-promotion

Well... I was kind of expecting that you would be holding a fish or at least some form of seafood. There's not even a fish anywhere in that picture!

That man is clearly an impostor! The real Sakana would never be without a fish in hand! :V

To prove your identity you must take a picture of yourself holding a fish
Spoiler:
or photoshop one into one of your pictures
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 12:47:18 PM by Valentia »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
I don't really know if we have much in the way of translators that frequent here..
...OK then. I guess I should be more vocal about what I'm doing on the wiki then. :V Then again, I've been putting off finishing CoLA because of Touhou Soccer 2, but now I should be able to start working on it after I edit the rest of the older stories.

Well Lucarius, don't mind derailing a topic, that is completely normal on MoTK.

I find most threads actually do stay on topic. Is this a CPMC thing, or am I looking at the wrong threads?

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
Weren't Japanease people caring about France ?...Well I guess it's just PARISPARISPARISPARISPARISPARISPARISPARISPARIS and nothing else...like the whole world...
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Gpop

When I first saw one of those Buri(゜∀゜)Hamachi videos a few weeks ago the first thing I thought was somehow Sakana must be behind it all! :V

Why am I not surprised that you linked to the one I showed you :V

Well... I was kind of expecting that you would be holding a fish or at least some form of seafood. There's not even a fish anywhere in that picture!

That man is clearly an impostor! The real Sakana would never be without a fish in hand! :V

To prove your identity you must take a picture of yourself holding a fish
Spoiler:
or photoshop one into one of your pictures

On that note, people keep telling me that they'd think I'd look pretty cool wearing the same hat Koishi wears. I dunno if I actually have  the hat lying around but if I do come across one I'll do my best to post a picture of myself wearing one.

Formless God

I-It's #Saki extracting !?

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
I find most threads actually do stay on topic. Is this a CPMC thing, or am I looking at the wrong threads?

CPMC thing. It tends to happen there almost always. Outside the board threads usually stay on topic (most of the time). Once in a while I split new topics if a strong tangent crops up in an existing thread,

...OK then. I guess I should be more vocal about what I'm doing on the wiki then. :V Then again, I've been putting off finishing CoLA because of Touhou Soccer 2, but now I should be able to start working on it after I edit the rest of the older stories.

I assumed you probably did *something*, just didn't know offhand. Good to know though. :) By the way, how are you handling people who want to put in an order for Double Spoiler?

Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Lucarius

<---------

Now look at what you made me do   :D

I've never played Ar Tonelico 3 or any of the Ar Tonelico series, but yeah, this was one of the stronger nicofads. Never watched any of the Touhou spinoffs of it though.

I just noticed, a lot of your avatars seem cut off, or isn't displaying correctly. I'm sure Moe Moe Buri(゜∀゜)Sakachi didn't put up a picture of the top half or Reimu's head and arm with the fish.

Just wondering, is the person who put 12 and 12.3 for download on the internet before noon on the day of C76 day 2 (as in, 2 hours after the first copy was sold), a member of MotK?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 06:36:47 PM by Lucarius »

Not sure about that. We have Forza ordering stuff from Japan for people who ask him to (they pay him for it, obviously enough), but MotK in general has a strong anti-piracy thing going, so I'd doubt it. It's more likely to be someone from DStyle than MotK.

Speaking of which, Forza, are you going to be ordering copies of DS for MotKers? I'd love to buy a copy.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 06:56:49 PM by SenSageUn »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Just wondering, is the person who put 12 and 12.3 for download on the internet before noon on the day of C76 day 2 (as in, 2 hours after the first copy was sold), a member of MotK?

MotK is anti-piracy, so very likely not. If the upload was not Japanese in origin then odds are it was someone from 4chan.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Letty Whiterock

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Well, well. It's another Shoot the Bullet.

But I never expected it to come this quickly.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
You have to understand that Japan gets much more cultural influence from the U.S. than any nation from Europe, Africa, South America, Australia, and Antartica. Many Japanese people are aware that Japan is dying as a nation, to the extent they fear China or the U.S. is going to dominate them within the next half-century.

No!
At the risk of sounding uneducated...Why? To me it seems like Japan influences other countries around the world really heavily, and I don't just mean with its manga. At the same time, they are also one of the most unique. It would be a true shame to see that go away.

Dead Princess Sakana

I just noticed, a lot of your avatars seem cut off, or isn't displaying correctly. I'm sure Moe Moe Buri(゜∀゜)Sakachi didn't put up a picture of the top half or Reimu's head and arm with the fish.
It displays correctly as a full-body Reimu for me. I'll blame it on your computer  ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:46:22 PM by Moe Moe Buri(゜∀゜)Sakachi »

Lucarius

No!
At the risk of sounding uneducated...Why? To me it seems like Japan influences other countries around the world really heavily, and I don't just mean with its manga. At the same time, they are also one of the most unique. It would be a true shame to see that go away.

Japan has an unreliable and unstable government that not many Japanese people care about until the prime minister gets turned upside down by the media when he does something illegal.
Japan has nothing to base its economy on, noting that Japan no longer globally leads any part of any money-making industry, nor does Japan have any raw materials because of its small area.
Japanese people have become rather stupid as a whole because of the yutori education, leading to major screw ups like the PS3 and Toyota.
And a bunch of other reasons.

I wish Japanese animation and video games were industries that make money, but they aren't. At least, not enough to hold Japan against the U.S. or China on its own.

On the other hand, I doubt being conquered would change the Japanese culture as a whole. Moreover, Japan is already heavily Americanized anyway.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:11:21 PM by Lucarius »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Japan has an unreliable and unstable government that not many Japanese people care about until the prime minister gets turned upside down by the media when he does something illegal.
Japan has nothing to base its economy on, noting that Japan no longer globally leads any part of any money-making industry, nor does Japan have any raw materials because of its small area.
Japanese people have become rather stupid as a whole because of the yutori education, leading to major screw ups like the PS3 and Toyota.
And a bunch of other reasons.

I wish Japanese animation and video games were industries that make money, but they aren't. At least, not enough to hold Japan against the U.S. or China on its own.

On the other hand, I doubt being conquered would change the Japanese culture as a whole. Moreover, Japan is already heavily Americanized anyway.

Well honestly, I was thinking Japan had a major foothold in the car-industry, which IS an industry that makes money. As for videogames and animation. While those might not seem important or whatever, I think they slowly grow over time, and will never EVER decline.

Well I don't know everything so I might not be accurate here. But I do believe that big mistakes happen. The ps3 issue was apparently fixed from what I understand, and without needing anybody to actually replace it. IMO that issue is much less imposing than Xbox's disposable nature, as for Nintendo, that's Japanese too...

I don't know much about cars, so I don't know how Toyota failed anything other than having to recall something recently. But that happens too. As for education, I think most people think the majority of everyone else in their country is stupid >=P.

I know I'm arguing against nobody in particular here, and my arguments probably aren't great due to my own lack of understanding with global economy and whatnot, but I'm pretty sure that Japan is far better off in that regard than many countries, African ones included obviously. I don't see Japan ever becomming a third world country either, so it has a long ways to fall. But my point is I don't really see it "falling" as a whole at all (again my perception wouldn't be as accurate, but I think it's safe to say that people must be over-worrying). I know here in Canada, there were "Quebec is going to leave Canada and become its own nation" scares a few times back when I was younger, and to be frank, I don't think Quebec really contributes to the world Economy a fraction as much as Japan does >=P. Looking at the GDP, Japan is doing pretty amazing.

As time passes, I think the need for raw-materials to contribute to the world will lessen, as it already is.

But they could be right, I hope not though.

Lucarius

But they could be right, I hope not though.

We'll all be dead, or be too old to care when it happens. No worries.

Unless if some idiot sparks a World War III before we die.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
We'll all be dead, or be too old to care when it happens. No worries.

Unless if some idiot sparks a World War III before we die.

Well I don't intend to die in just a half-century >=P. Even still, that'd be pretty tragic.

Maybe Japan will conquer the world economically with a massive craze towards ofuro manufacturing. Cuz uhh, other countries can't figure out how to make em.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:44:51 PM by Ghaleon »

Lucarius

Well I don't intend to die in just a half-century >=P. Even still, that'd be pretty tragic.

Maybe Japan will conquer the world economically with a massive craze towards ofuro manufacturing. Cuz uhh, other countries can't figure out how to make em.

お風呂wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Quite some laughs from that.

Yeah, I hate American baths, or shower rooms rather. It's reason enough for me to start living alone in Japan this year~
and better quality food, and faster nicovideo connections, and festivities, and train travel.

Aside from derailing, I don't think 1-on-1 conversations are allowed on forums either.←自重
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:55:07 PM by Lucarius »

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
Japanese people have become rather stupid as a whole because of the yutori education
What are the typical weekly school hours like?  It seems that attending school on Saturday isn't mandatory anymore, but I couldn't find anything on the schedules and assorted breaks students are given.  For instance, where I lived we always had about 2 1/2 to 3 months off of school during the summer, two weeks for Christmas, a week for spring break, assorted national holidays, etc.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Aside from derailing, I don't think 1-on-1 conversations are allowed on forums either.
They are.  One major reason I don't think anyone will complain at this time is because you have a (silent) audience, what with you being an "authentic Japanese".  You can stay and say what you want, and I'm sure people will listen.  (no sarcasm)

Lucarius

What are the typical weekly school hours like?  It seems that attending school on Saturday isn't mandatory anymore, but I couldn't find anything on the schedules and assorted breaks students are given.  For instance, where I lived we always had about 2 1/2 to 3 months off of school during the summer, two weeks for Christmas, a week for spring break, assorted national holidays, etc.

I've gone to 2 months of 2nd grade in Japan and 2 months of 6th grade in Japan. From what I know, Japanese schools provide a one-month summer vacation (with mass hw) and a week for several occasions like Christmas, Golden week, etc.

The yutori generation refers to Japanese people who had undergone any form of education in 2002. (whether it be pre, elementary, middle, or high)

The educational policy was meant to match the stupidest kids in class by not teaching them more than they could understand. This meant a large decrease in on-going curriculum content, which obviously deprived the capable students the ability to learn what they could. Essentially, everyone became as stupid as the stupidest kid in class.

Based on when you were born, you got effected by this policy starting at different grade levels. On-going educational curriculum was reduced starting in 1996, new educational content was reduced starting in 2005, Japanese school became a 5-day school week starting in 1996, and the yearly amount of educational time spent was reduced starting in 1993. Note that the on-going educational curriculum was changed back to normal in 2004, but the other 3 elements are apparently still in effect today.

When Japanese people use the term ゆとり世代 (Yutori Sedai), they are referring to Japanese people who took education in 2002. However, yutori in general may refer to anyone stupid who had most likely taken elementary education and beyond after the late 1990s.

Those who had been effected by yutori education at early stages of development may be at the point of believing pi = 3. Moreover, I was surprised to find that Japanese students in 6th grade were learning double-digit multiplication for the first time, while my American school had mastered it in 3rd grade.

They are.  One major reason I don't think anyone will complain at this time is because you have a (silent) audience, what with you being an "authentic Japanese".  You can stay and say what you want, and I'm sure people will listen.  (no sarcasm)

Perhaps MotK can find more English speaking Japanese people or Japanese Americans, because I'm sure there are many more of them out there. I certainly don't feel confident being the only one representing Japanese people as a whole.

I personally wouldn't have minded if I grew up to be a yutori in Japan instead of a non-yutori in America.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:00:35 PM by Lucarius »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Perhaps MotK can find more English speaking Japanese people or Japanese Americans, because I'm sure there are many more of them out there. I certainly don't feel confident being the only one representing Japanese people as a whole.

Well, Halka posts occasionally, and he was on the Maikaze anime team.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
There isn't much to discuss about 12.5 anyway aside from speculation on screenshots. We have to sit and wait until it is released and a new article will be created for that as well. As long as it somehow stays between boundaries of discussion and conversation instead of spamming one liners or something.

I think - - - could be wrong :V

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
We could do like Aya and just start makeing stuff up based on pictures and start rumors :V
Wotters gonna' wot