Author Topic: Touhou Project 12.5 ~ ダブルスポイラー (Double Spoiler) announced, girls are preparing.  (Read 236079 times)

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
I'm pretty sure the japanese thinks of us Canadians as an extension of USA with more snow and a bigger backyard.

that's what i think of you guys.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
I'm pretty sure everyone thinks of Canadians as an extension of USA with more snow and a bigger backyard.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Gpop

I'm pretty sure everyone thinks of Canadians as an extension of USA with more snow and a bigger backyard.

And free health-care :V

Also, nicer people apparently.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
So, uh, Double Spoiler.

GJ ZUN.

Yeah.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
what
what
This is... good. Yes, very good.
OK WHO THE FUCK AM I KIDDING FUCK YEAH
Also, sup'

Letty Whiterock

this

I find it irritating how some attacks seem unfairly hard and the only decent solution is "sit on the second E of the enemy marker to completely avoid everything"
It's part of the reason I don't play Touhou games on higher difficulties. I'd rather not waste my time learning individual spell cards like that.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
ZENGAR! Glad to see you're alright.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Nah, StB is perfectly clearable by a normal mode player, even a not-that-good normal mode player with enough dedication. As a bonus, it'll improve your repertoire - I've said it a million times, I didn't know streaming until crashing and burning vs. Straw Doll Kamikaze.

But people need to stop thinking StB is "luck based" and get working on, y'know, figuring out how the cards work. I could come here and spell out how to capture the four cards he mentioned, but that would beat the point, so I'm not doing it unless explicitly asked to.

(late edit, heart attack-inducing grammar detected)

Meeh, I guess I am kindda ragey because of those spellcards...

I'm sorry if I made you angry .-.

Well, I guess I'll seek a bit help at the spellcard help thread, I get this feeling I won't feel good if I play DS with StB not fully cleared D:

Lucarius

I'm pretty sure the japanese thinks of us Canadians as an extension of USA with more snow and a bigger backyard.

Most definitely not.

Japanese people think the first thing Americans will do when Americans see a Japanese guy walking down the street is throw curse words capped by "Jap" at them. Japanese people also think if those Japanese people were to retort, they'd get shot. The people I met this winter in Japan may have been exaggerating their opinions, but the only words that came to their minds when speaking of America is "f*****' Jap." This stereotype doesn't quite match the level of Japan against Korea, but it's still quite strong nevertheless.

Japanese people tend to get quite a laugh from videos like this: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7986790

Japanese people, including me, believe Canada is many times friendlier and safer than USA has ever been.

Some comments from Japanese people on their impression of Canada.
背の高い林が多そうなイメージがあるw large trees.
なんか、メイプルとかそういうのは、大体カナダ産ってイメージかも。 home of the maples.
なんか、マイナスなイメージはあんまりないかな。 not much negative image.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:01:14 PM by Lucarius »

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
Quote from: Nazerine's translation
This game will have completely new characters and scenes from the previous Bunkachou, Shoot the Bullet.
Quote from: gensokyo.org's translation
All characters and scenes featured in Touhou Bunkachou ~Shoot the Bullet will return for this second installment, along with brand new content!

Lucarius, any idea which of these is the (more) accurate translation? The second one came from here.

Bananamatic

Also, ZUN should let the casual players have fun.

It's a goddamn chore to unlock lunatic UFO practice. Re-enable more lives and the old continues.
And the godawful power system. Can't capture anything because having fun equals permanent 1 power.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Also, ZUN should let the casual players have fun.

Isn't this what Easy is for?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Most definitely not.

Japanese people think the first thing Americans will do when Americans see a Japanese guy walking down the street is throw curse words capped by "Jap" at them. Japanese people also think if those Japanese people were to retort, they'd get shot. The people I met this winter in Japan may have been exaggerating their opinions, but the only words that came to their minds when speaking of America is "f*****' Jap." This stereotype doesn't quite match the level of Japan against Korea, but it's still quite strong nevertheless.
Japanese people, including me, believe Canada is many times friendlier and safer than USA has ever been.

Not only the Japanese think like this. Hungarians think like this too, but that goes like "Americans are very stupid and will shoot you for no reason." Really, I think the whole "keeping guns legally" gives quite the paranoia to other countries' people.
Also, I heard, in Canada beer is free too. :V

As far as I know, the Japanese speak positively about my country, with the exception of hating John von Neumann because he helped inventing the Nuclear Bomb, instead of praising him for inventing the basics of the modern PCs. :V

Japanese people tend to get quite a laugh from videos like this: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7986790

To be fair, I'm American and I got quite a laugh from that.
Always interesting to hear the foreign opinions on America, at any rate.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYWAY, DABURU SUPOIRAA
Really looking forward to this! I know when I first got StB I ragequit almost immediately because it was too hard, but I've been playing it recently and it really is fun. Looking forward to what ZUN can do with characters like Utsuho and Ichirin.

I'm also really hoping Byakuren gets some cards that don't make every start screaming SHE'S A THIEF BURN THE WITCH :ohdear:

Lucarius

Lucarius, any idea which of these is the (more) accurate translation? The second one came from here.

The first. I see why the second translator would make that mistake. However, by looking at the following screenshots, it's safer to go with the first translation.

I'll analyze this passage for you to my fullest extent.

前回の「東方文花帖 ~ Shoot the Bullet.」から全てのキャラ、シーンを一新し、さらに追加のあれやこれも含めた最新作。

A) This newest installment in the series will have all of the characters and scenes renewed from the previous Shoot the Bullet, with many this-and-thats in addition.

B) This newest installment in the series will have all of the characters and scenes from the previous Shoot the Bullet renewed, with many this-and-thats in addition.

A) states Double Spoiler will contain new stuff in addition to completely new characters and scenes not in StB.
B) states Double Spoiler will contain new stuff in addition to refined characters and scenes from StB.

You see how putting the word "renewed" in different parts of the statement would give the statement completely different meanings. Directly speaking, A) states that the characters and scenes from Shoot the Bullet will NOT be in Double Spoiler, while B) states that the characters and scenes from Shoot the Bullet will be "refined" in Double Spoiler.

The original text can be taken both ways, because the term 一新 can mean "power up", or "clear the board and start anew." However, because of the phrasing "StB から characters and scenes を一新," A) is more suitable.  The screenshots also probably point toward the meaning of A), given that none of the enemies there are in StB. It wouldn't make sense (well, it may but, for the sake of support) for ZUN to put up screenshots of elements he purposefully phrased as "this-and-thats." The this-and-thats may be referring to angled shots, and other elements of the gameplay.

Koipop: The term "nicer" doesn't cut it for the difference between Canadians and Americans. In our opinion, Canada and America would have as much difference as heaven and hell in regards to civil people.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:48:41 PM by Lucarius »

Gpop

Some comments from Japanese people on their impression of Canada.
背の高い林が多そうなイメージがあるw large trees.
なんか、メイプルとかそういうのは、大体カナダ産ってイメージかも。 home of the maples.
なんか、マイナスなイメージはあんまりないかな。 not much negative image.

Which is why I said:
nicer people apparently.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
The first. I see why the second translator would make that mistake. However, by looking at the following screenshots, it's safer to go with the first translation.

I'll analyze this passage for you to my fullest extent.

That's excellent, thanks a lot. And yeah, the Level 1 select screen with Shizuha in particular does suggest that first translation.

Bananamatic

Isn't this what Easy is for?
well, I'm a casual lunatic :V

I don't feel like playing for hours figuring out stuff to get a 1cc
I just want to start up a practice stage and have fun

constant 1 power easily removes any fun

Solais

• Developer fairy
Well, one thing is true: StB made me better in Touhou. I want that from DS too.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
Do you think that we will get more pendulum,parasol,brofist,anchor,curvy lasers, curvy glowing amulets spell cards ?
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Do you think that we will get more pendulum,parasol,brofist,anchor,curvy lasers, curvy glowing amulets spell cards ?

Yes.

Solais

• Developer fairy
Curving pendulum parasol brofist anchor amulet lasers!

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
Curving pendulum parasol brofist anchor amulet lasers!
DOOM !
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Solais

• Developer fairy
8-2 Get! Finally. Four more scenes to unlock 10, 9 is bullshit, dammit. Also, something I don't want to see in DS: THOSE FUCKING PELLETS!!! ARRGH!!

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
I'm curious to know if the bad reputation of Detroit carries over to Japan. Hey, Canada is only twenty minutes from my house, what does that make me? :V
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Lucarius

I'm curious to know if the bad reputation of Detroit carries over to Japan. Hey, Canada is only twenty minutes from my house, what does that make me? :V

I found it surprising that many Japanese people know of the contents of the movie, Bowling for Columbine, the Michael Moore film.
Perhaps that answers your question.

Letty Whiterock

I found it surprising that many Japanese people know of the contents of the movie, Bowling for Columbine, the Michael Moore film.
Perhaps that answers your question.
Are the Japanese also aware of Michael Moore's standing with the general populous?

Lucarius

Are the Japanese also aware of Michael Moore's standing with the general populous?

Probably not. I can ask later.

In fact, I'm probably not either.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 12:12:41 AM by Lucarius »

Gpop

Hey, Canada is only twenty minutes from my house, what does that make me? :V

Remember what Freezepop says.

If you're travelling outside of U.S, say you're from "near-Canada" :V

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
His reaction to Akihabara in general was hilarious.

And I don't know if it's because I associate with more open-minded people, but I've never heard anyone in Japan speak THAT harshly about America, although most conversations take place in real life so they might be toned down a bit. Not to mention how a lot of the people here see Hawaii and California as popular vacation spots.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:14:06 AM by N-Forza »