Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments VI  (Read 152168 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments VI
« Reply #960 on: February 24, 2010, 06:57:49 PM »
Reached Hourai Doll in IN Extra for the first time. Entered 0/0 after failing at Possessed by Phoenix's blue-arrow phase (though I "captured" the others), but I managed to escape getting outright walled on the left (gotta learn how this one works). Then I gameovered a bit after the yellow danmaku appeared. Now I can practice each spell (save Imperishable Shooting) for next time, but holy crap her later nonspells are hard.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #961 on: February 24, 2010, 09:43:09 PM »
My first no death clear of an extra stage

Suwako may be an easy boss, but it still took many tries to get a no death clear. Almost messed up a few times.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #962 on: February 24, 2010, 10:32:32 PM »
IN Extra clear.

Finished 2/1, failed Imperishable Shooting. Not my first time seeing it though, so I kinda knew what to expect.

Does anyone know if capturing Imperishable Shooting counts toward the "7 captured spells" requirement to unlock it?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #963 on: February 24, 2010, 10:43:50 PM »
Does anyone know if capturing Imperishable Shooting counts toward the "7 captured spells" requirement to unlock it?

No offense, but that sentence made me literally go 'wut.' :V

The 7 spell requirement is for seeing IS in-game.  You unlock IS for spell practice just like you do every other spell; uh, by seeing it in-game.

edit:  wtf I typed 'IP' instead of 'IS' for Imperishable Shooting.  And I don't even go on CPMC very often.  D:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:50:05 PM by Azinth »

« Reply #964 on: February 24, 2010, 10:48:06 PM »
Yeah. You can't even see it if you don't unlock it. :)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #965 on: February 24, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »
No offense, but that sentence made me literally go 'wut.' :V

The 7 spell requirement is for seeing IP in-game.  You unlock IP for spell practice just like you do every other spell; uh, by seeing it in-game.
Eh, the Wiki said otherwise, but I didn't bother checking until just now. It's there.

And Zengeku, of course I faced it in a real run first. Whatever, I know it's open now, so time to practice.

« Reply #966 on: February 25, 2010, 12:19:23 AM »
I survived going in the center of a bullet :

Seriously, how small are those bullets hitboxes!?
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

DA

• Some dude on the internet
« Reply #967 on: February 25, 2010, 12:20:12 AM »
I've beaten Touhou 12 for the first time with Marisa B(my fav. Option).

« Reply #968 on: February 25, 2010, 01:15:07 AM »
UFO Extra Clear!!! First Extra Clear without having seen a replay of it beforehand  :D

1 bombed Red UFO, captured Blue UFO (killed the first UFO and somehow the spellcard became pathetically easy) and somehow captured Green UFO even though I though the bullets were going to hit me like 5 times.
I had A LOT of trouble on her timeout spellcard. Never saw it before and I couldn't read the crossing bullets worth a damn.

For once I actually used my bombs, though I did die with 2 bombs in stock to Nue's last spell, so I finished 0/0.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #969 on: February 25, 2010, 05:41:43 AM »
Imperishable Shooting captured.

HOLY CRAP that took long enough. Played it for the last two hours straight, accounting for about 140 of 192 total attempts. It's a miracle I haven't grown bored of Immortal Smoke in the process (the main melody is good, but I don't find the song as a whole to be "top tier" or anything).

EDIT: I just perfected SA Stage 6 Hard a second time, with an "on a whim" feel.

Why can't I be this good in the other games?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 07:05:56 AM by Funen1 »

Formless God

« Reply #970 on: February 25, 2010, 09:21:27 AM »
ND2B Meirin Lunatic. Dropped the second bomb at Colorful Chaos Dance just to be safe. It seems that everything is screwed if she moves to the left :/

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #971 on: February 25, 2010, 10:06:38 PM »
Second UFO lunatic 1cc

I'm honestly surprised I cleared.
Mainly because this run is all sorts of weird as I start off by dying to GOLD DETECTOR, while still doing things like capture Vajra.

Spoiler:
Shup up, I never bothered 1cc'ing it again after the first. >_>
Spoiler:

Formless God

« Reply #972 on: February 26, 2010, 05:01:16 AM »
Another perfect Parsee with slightly higher score than last time.
I still suck at everything past her though :/

« Reply #973 on: February 26, 2010, 05:14:30 AM »
Second UFO Extra clear with MarisaA.

Started out pretty well on the stage portion, fucked up the end of the stage badly. However, this was followed by a near-perfect Nue battle. No bombs or deaths for the entire thing.
Then came Nightmare of Heiankyou, which had an absolutely beatiful three deaths and one deathbomb over the course of thirty seconds :V
The 1.xx power-capture of Grudge Bow, being my second time ever seeing the card, made up for it though~

ebarrett

« Reply #974 on: February 26, 2010, 07:49:54 AM »
Astronomical Entombing lunatic no vertical. A shameful 138 attempts, though.

« Reply #975 on: February 26, 2010, 09:32:24 AM »
This is old but still awesome! I perfected Alice a long time ago but i never managed to put some HD-showcase together yet. Hopefully some want to see it and maybe comment a bit on it.

Perfect Alice Lunatic

What should i do when i'm done with all the S3 bosses?

Formless God

« Reply #976 on: February 26, 2010, 09:48:18 AM »
Do the S4s and S5s :V . I recommend Patchy and Sanae.
Go for Okuu as your first S6 as well if you feel like to.

Very nice performance. I always thought Benevolent Orlean Dolls was static :< ... And it seems that you could finish Spring Kyoto Dolls faster than I do. If that thing went on for a couple extra seconds longer you'd have to face blue bullets crossing each other.

PoFV Lunatic 1cc
Spoiler:
with Aya
. Okay ... that was effortless. Everyone from S1 to S7 literally suicided before the awesome music even kicked in. Komachi and Shiki put up some good fights although their spell cards made me go "WTF".
Did not save the replay though. It contained a lot of fail.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #977 on: February 26, 2010, 10:02:58 AM »
Watch my close friend "nearly" 1cc UFO Lunatic (twice now!) while I was eating corn, laughing my head off at stupid mistakes. Ah, it's great to have visitors over on the last day before going back to uni...

EDIT: After showing her the list of 1cc's, she's now "bragging" about how her score is higher than well... all of yours, really  :V
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:14:29 AM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

TheMasterSpark

• Lunatic lemurialist
« Reply #978 on: February 26, 2010, 02:57:13 PM »
It took me the better part of 4 months but I've now finally 1cc'd Helepolis' Afro-Dance-Contest script on Lunatic without using any bombs.

Dance Contest!

I am so very pleased with myself right now. All hail Amakasu Barley Tenji! :D

« Reply #979 on: February 26, 2010, 04:07:08 PM »
Very nice performance. I always thought Benevolent Orlean Dolls was static :<
Oh god I wish it was. I learned the hard way in my perfect run that BOD basically boils down to luck sometimes ;_;

« Reply #980 on: February 26, 2010, 05:19:36 PM »
Just managed to make it to Stage 5 Nazrin on Hard without continuing. I still have no chance of 1ccing though due to how much Kogasa, Stage 3, Stage 4, and Stage 5 kick my ass.

If I hadn't died to Stage 4 midboss Nue or die to Murasa's opener, I might have made it to Shou or if I was lucky stage 6.

« Reply #981 on: February 26, 2010, 07:18:57 PM »
UFO Stage 6 Normal ND1B run with SanaeB. Only bomb was on that goddamned last midspell, but that's an auto-bomb anyway. c:

Also, Extra Stage.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:20:25 PM by SenSageUn »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #982 on: February 27, 2010, 12:55:51 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWyowYZn8dE

You will never see a less skillful defeat of Suika, ever.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ebarrett

« Reply #983 on: February 27, 2010, 06:52:57 AM »
Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana NFNV - kinda easy, to be honest. It's all vertical bullets after all.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #984 on: February 27, 2010, 07:06:00 AM »
This is a normal run:

And I'm still playing to prove a point. I even bombed the easy stuff, meaning that there should be spare bombs.

EDIT: Replay
And:

EDIT 2: In the event that somebody decides to report this post in lines of the entire resizing code and whatnot, keep in mind that the preview images you see are thumbnails of the original image. If you doubt even this, then download the image you see on your page at the moment, and try to disprove me. Ta.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 07:46:33 AM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Formless God

« Reply #985 on: February 27, 2010, 12:34:22 PM »

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #986 on: February 27, 2010, 08:42:11 PM »
Stage 5 UFO Normal on one credit. I actually got to Murasa with max lives, but I came out of that with only three. Hah. Still, this is the best I've ever done on UFO.
EDIT: Just had another run at it, this time I ran through everything up to Shou with two deaths. I can beat Byakuren rather easily, so if I could just get through this tiger >:|
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:49:35 AM by Nyyl »

« Reply #987 on: February 27, 2010, 09:40:56 PM »
This is a normal run:

And I'm still playing to prove a point. I even bombed the easy stuff, meaning that there should be spare bombs.

This is like having Michael Phelps as your swim coach, or Usain Bolt telling you that running is the easiest thing ever.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #988 on: February 27, 2010, 11:36:02 PM »

...I'm not looking forward to this.

ebarrett

« Reply #989 on: February 28, 2010, 04:14:44 AM »
"Fantasy Seal -Dark-" lunatic no vertical. Not even danmaku anymore, just pure puzzle solving. Quite proud of this one.