Author Topic: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00d)  (Read 84810 times)

Re: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00d)
« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2009, 12:01:49 PM »
Stage 6 - Faded Dreams
i like, a lot. the other pieces, as good as they are, seemed to lack.....something, but whatever that is, this piece nailed it on the head.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #241 on: October 27, 2009, 02:45:12 PM »
A portrait I drew for my own mini game. Now if I just had the skills like  AF / Nwbi / Slaves to create good usable portraits ( and I seriously suck at drawing arms / legs etc ) :V

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2009, 04:47:51 PM »
So I fixed a few things in the fairies, mainly the edges of the hair and dress that became too transparent for using too much AA. Then I changed the colors for the others.

By the way Slaves, I noticed that the animations I made for Zengar, GPop, and Rou were crappy. Do you want me to try and make better animation or will you do it?

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #243 on: October 27, 2009, 04:49:21 PM »
i can't do animation for crap, so if you want to fix them then go ahed.

and i still haven't done anything to them yet, have i :I

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #244 on: October 27, 2009, 05:29:42 PM »

Oh wow, looks like we got some work to do now as scripters. So who is going to pick up the animation for these fairies. Drake, Suikama or me. ( before we start doing the same things at the same time )

Drake

« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2009, 05:53:49 PM »
Well we only really need two fairies of each "type" for Power and Points. IE is dropped by everyone so :V

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2009, 05:55:27 PM »
green ones are usually the ones that drop point multiplier items, though. and iirc, yellow ones drop big P's.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2009, 08:49:50 PM »
I started the character sprites from scratch again. I had UFO Reimu next to the sprite so I can have a similar shape. This is what I got for GPop for now. I think it looks better than before, the problem I'm currently having is that yellow doesn't get shades.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #248 on: October 27, 2009, 08:52:46 PM »
oh man, that looks awesome.

Drake

« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2009, 09:32:12 PM »
Much better. Although yellow still does get shades, they just look a bit brownish. The brighter the color the less you have to change to make it look shadowed.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2009, 09:55:56 PM »
Thank you for posting that in my absence, Rou.

I also think it's worth mentioning that it'd be best to treat the Ijiyatsu game as a seperate continuity from the other works going around right now (Ruro's fiction and Trance's RPG, and anything else i'm missing). That's partially to keep with the open 'sandbox' of the Ijiyatsu world/characters, and to keep things from getting too confusing in the future.

Also, nice work on the Gpop and fairies, they look pretty sweet.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2009, 10:18:28 PM »
Methinks it would be useful not to say anything CPMC/MotK-related works are explicitly connected, so that ultimately anyone can do whatever they wanted.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #252 on: October 27, 2009, 10:21:24 PM »
So this is what I got for GPop's forward animation. The part that it seems that the image paused, there's a shadow that moves but it's hard to notice because of the yellow stripes.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #253 on: October 27, 2009, 10:22:23 PM »
Methinks it would be useful not to say anything CPMC/MotK-related works are explicitly connected, so that ultimately anyone can do whatever they wanted.

Pretty much this.

My fic is turning out to be a lot more meta than I ever thought it would be. In relation to Ijiyatsu Prime, it's like UsuallyDead's RoSD to EoSD, except stupid.

Gpop

« Reply #254 on: October 27, 2009, 10:30:42 PM »
So this is what I got for GPop's forward animation. The part that it seems that the image paused, there's a shadow that moves but it's hard to notice because of the yellow stripes.

Hooray I'm animated \o/

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #255 on: October 27, 2009, 10:37:58 PM »
Animating is hard, especially when there's skirts and coats involved. Now I need a left and right animation, I hate this part because I can't just flip one animation because of GPop's hat.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #256 on: October 27, 2009, 10:39:32 PM »

It looks good.  I think maybe it could use some kind of ruffling motion on the sleeves as well though.

I think establishing a 'canon' for the game(s) is mainly important so that people can like the game and characters without having to actually know who they're based off of.

it's like UsuallyDead's RoSD to EoSD, except awesome.

:3

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #257 on: October 27, 2009, 11:17:31 PM »
Omg I love you guys.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #258 on: October 28, 2009, 12:12:12 AM »
It looks good.  I think maybe it could use some kind of ruffling motion on the sleeves as well though.

« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2009, 12:52:48 AM »
Seems like a short loop. idk is there any way to make it look longer or faster?
A little more linear.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2009, 12:58:27 AM »
Seems like a short loop. idk is there any way to make it look longer or faster?
A little more linear.

The forward animation in the Touhou games is 4 frames in the first few games and 8 in later games. I was trying to mimic UFO Reimu's sprites to get it animated like this. If I want to make better animations I need to do more than 8 frames.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2009, 01:00:42 AM »
i think it's fine as is.

also, requesting that Zengar's side movement be like Sanae's Superman one.

« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2009, 01:25:57 AM »
I think establishing a 'canon' for the game(s) is mainly important so that people can like the game and characters without having to actually know who they're based off of.
True. But that doesn't mean we should connect them to any other works.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #265 on: October 28, 2009, 01:52:34 AM »
I was told that Slaves would draw a pic of me. This has not happened. I would like an explanation.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #266 on: October 28, 2009, 02:00:35 AM »
I was told that Slaves would draw a pic of me. This has not happened. I would like an explanation.

lurk moar

real answer: i'm lazy, just ask anyone around here. :3

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #267 on: October 28, 2009, 04:47:36 AM »
True. But that doesn't mean we should connect them to any other works.

For now yes. The option always exists down the line where we -could-, in the fashion of PMiSS/Grimoire of Marisa where it adds to the canon of the games, or in a supposed Ijiyatsu 2. But that's getting ahead of things.

The forward animation in the Touhou games is 4 frames in the first few games and 8 in later games. I was trying to mimic UFO Reimu's sprites to get it animated like this. If I want to make better animations I need to do more than 8 frames.

Great work on the sleeves. I think what Cadmas is suggesting, and something that might be possible with just some shuffling around, is maybe you can vary the movement slightly so that it ends up being one blended continuous motion? Er, let me clarify.

So, the moving parts of the sprite are hair, sleeves, and skirt. Right now, they're all moving in sync with each other and there ends up being a noticeable pause when everything stops moving at once. But maybe if you stagger their animations so they all begin at different times, it would become more fluid? I'm not 100% sure it wouldn't look weird, but its an idea. That does mean that there would always be at least 2 of the 3 parts in motion animation in any given frame.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #268 on: October 28, 2009, 08:36:52 AM »

RPR is more on CPMC as a world environment of its own than simply a container with which the events of a story unfold, so it's pretty safe to assume that RPR has no relation to Ijiyatsu apart from some crackshot allusions at most.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2009, 09:36:08 AM »
I was thinking that Warai no Muimi na Ongaku could be a good way to flesh out the world of ijiyatsu and give more depth and personality to its characters.

Then again, I suppose the more canon you build in, the less open sandbox freedom you get. *shrugs*