Author Topic: Ephemeral Entertainment HQ - EUB Steam Release August 16th 2019!!!  (Read 73861 times)

SuppatenkoMaster

• the Master of all Suppatenkos
Re: Porygon Productions HQ - EUB Demo Released!!
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2015, 05:39:06 PM »
 I watched demo video on youtube. I liked it.

The game overall looks well done and totally fine, with no notable drawbacks.

Who is an artist for in-dialoge portraits? The art looks really cute and funny (especially Rin Satsuki). Yeah, they all are big-headed and have really thin bodies for such heads... but I'll just laugh at it and smile once, I liked it.  (Minoriko is exception here, her art is ok in terms of physical propotions: shoulders are wide enough in comparison with head, so she looks tall and slim with perfect posture. Unusial for her... too mighty and self-important appearance :V )

What I really-really liked are the spells of Stage 3. They, somehow... are considerably better developed? Can't really express what I think, but they look to have deep inner idea in comparison of stage 1-2, which are a bit of simple in terms of pattern. Reasonable. Spells I will be SATISFIED WITH IN MY OWN GAME.

Keep doing your project!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2015, 05:48:13 PM »
What I really-really liked are the spells of Stage 3. They, somehow... are considerably better developed? Can't really express what I think, but they look to have deep inner idea in comparison of stage 1-2, which are a bit of simple in terms of pattern. Reasonable. Spells I will be SATISFIED WITH IN MY OWN GAME.

In most danmaku games, attacks tend to be rather simple in the starting stages and get more complex as you get further into the game. That being said, super-complicated danmaku is not necessarily good or effective.

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2015, 06:24:33 PM »
Isn't danmaku generally simple though?

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2015, 09:57:26 PM »
Ohohohohoho! I love the speculation talk in here.

I'll just say that there is a third player character planned for the final game and she's one of those listed. People who either know me or frequent my production livestream probably know most of the secrets when it comes to what character has what role but I'd prefer to keep it somewhat of a loosely kept secret until release. If you really want to see behind the scenes, come visit my production livestreams.

Who is an artist for in-dialoge portraits?
That would be Sixten. He's posted several times in this thread, just go back a page.

What I really-really liked are the spells of Stage 3. They, somehow... are considerably better developed? Can't really express what I think, but they look to have deep inner idea in comparison of stage 1-2, which are a bit of simple in terms of pattern. Reasonable.
Thanks! I guess that's to be expected since increasing the complexity of attacks is something I tend to do as a game goes on.

ExPorygon

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2016, 12:36:02 AM »
EUB System Update!!

More Details Here

It's not the most exciting news, but important nonetheless. Hitboxes have been overhauled from Danmakufu's default to something a bit more realistic:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

This IS an experimental change and could be reverted if it proves too process intensive or unfamiliar to traditional fans, but I think this will be an overall positive change.

ExPorygon

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2016, 05:21:06 PM »

ExPorygon

Re: Ephemeral Entertainment HQ - EUB Steam Release coming Summer 2018!!
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2018, 02:10:32 AM »
I think I've neglected this thread long enough.

GREEEEEETINGS EVERYONE!!

I'm back with exciting news!
東方逆妙乱 ~ Ephemeral Unnatural Balance is nearing completion and finally has an estimated release window of Summer 2018 on Steam!!
The main 6 stages have been completed with work on the Extra stage underway.

Now rebranded as Ephemeral Entertainment (instead of Porygon Productions), we've also got an official website for the game where you can find various posts and additional information about the game and its progress! As the release gets closer, I'll be trying to step up my online presence to promote the game. Follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, and frequently check out website at www.ephemeralentertainment.net for all of the latest sneak previews and game content being released!

I'm also taking this opportunity to revamp the front post a bit.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:37:16 AM by ExPorygon »

ExPorygon

Re: Ephemeral Entertainment HQ - EUB Steam Release August 16th 2019!!!
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2019, 08:24:04 AM »
Well it certainly took longer than I thought. A LOT longer then that old estimated release window. But it's here now.....

I'm so happy to finally announce this after more than 6 long years since the creation of this thread. I'm not sure how many people will still notice this thread, but for those of you who are still around I'm ecstatic to present the full release of the game! I hope you enjoy it!!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2019, 10:14:23 AM »
Well done. Honestly not giving up your initial goal, even if it took 6 years since the creation of this thread, well done.

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2019, 04:27:47 AM »
The game might be out, but we're still going strong! Patch 1.01 has been released. We tried to fix a lot of bugs and tone down attacks that were too difficult. We've also added a manual to the game that fully explains the Discord system and gives a lot of other useful advice. A full list of changes is available through Steam or on our website here.
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2019, 10:33:32 PM »
This game is great, you all did a wonderful job! After the balance patch I was able to eek out a 1CC on normal, but for some reason my replay desynched either during or at the end of Casualty "Friendly Fire".

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2019, 06:08:39 AM »
Thank you for playing! Hopefully we've fixed that bug with Friendly Fire in version 1.02 - there was an issue with fairies not dying at the right time during replays.

Speaking of that, version 1.02 is out. This patch is aimed at fixing bugs and more adjustments to game balance. You can see patch notes on Steam or at our website.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 06:14:02 AM by Trickysticks »
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

ExPorygon

« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2020, 03:16:34 AM »
Hey everyone, Version 1.05 is out on Steam!!

The Chinese translation is finally ready to be played! Special thanks to Redmisty.

BALANCE CHANGES
    Extra Stage spellcard bonuses are now related to your Point Item Value (PIV).

OTHER CHANGES
    Some text alignment changes to make the game look better.

KNOWN ISSUES
    Replays may occasionally desync. We think they work pretty consistently now, but as always, record your gameplay live if you want to be 100% sure it's saved.

Also we've got a public discord now! Feel free to come chat with us! https://discord.gg/25V97TU