Author Topic: Haruhi & Kyon, Together Again  (Read 10240 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Haruhi & Kyon, Together Again
« on: December 07, 2017, 02:29:53 PM »
I've never been so glad to include Aya Hirano in my Google Alerts. Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back

"Nippen no Miko-chan" is the image character for Gakubun General Education Center's correspondence course in ball-point pen penmanship, and she has been featured in the advertisement manga series for it since 1972. For the first time in its 46 years history, an anime TV CM is confirmed to be produced for January 2018.

The two main voice cast members from the Haruhi Suzumiya anime series are set to join the anime CM. Aya Hirano (Haruhi Suzumiya) voices the main girl Miko-chan, while Tomokazu Sugita (Kyon) plays her partner cat Nyanko. Kotaro Ishidate (Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono, Naria Girls) serves as director. It is scheduled to premiere on January 8, 2018, during Tokyo MX's "Goji ni Muchu" variety talk show. According to the official Twitter, it is expected to be also available on the web in some way.

:toot:

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Re: Haruhi & Kyon, Together Again
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 04:19:22 PM »
Huh. How long did it take Hirano's career to recover from people flipping out over her dating?

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 04:51:02 PM »
Wow, these are two names I haven't seen together since my peak anime nerd phase... more than a decade ago. Ooh, ouch. I'll have a look when it shows up in a month.

Huh. How long did it take Hirano's career to recover from people flipping out over her dating?
I thought she dropped off mostly because of like a thyroid tumor or something? I'll never fully understand the dating around thing and don't care to go in depth into dirty laundry.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 05:29:25 AM »
Man, and here I thought maybe we'd finally get adaptations of some of the other like 6+ Haruhi books or however many there are.

Guess I should probably abandon that dream, huh?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 06:10:10 AM »
I thought she dropped off mostly because of like a thyroid tumor or something? I'll never fully understand the dating around thing and don't care to go in depth into dirty laundry.
I'm pretty sure it's been years since she started voice acting again, considering she appears in recent anime, like DBS or Gintama.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 02:54:51 PM »
Man, and here I thought maybe we'd finally get adaptations of some of the other like 6+ Haruhi books or however many there are.

Guess I should probably abandon that dream, huh?
I mean the option is there but it's also been more than 7 years since the Disappearance movie was released. Stranger things have happened but the odds aren't exactly what they used to be. Other parts of the series just never shined as bright as the original and Disappearance, and new content hasn't kept fans around and interested. Nagaru Tanigawa got hit so hard with burnout over the popularity of the series that he's left it hanging.

I'm pretty sure it's been years since she started voice acting again, considering she appears in recent anime, like DBS or Gintama.
Shows you how much of my weeb street cred I have left. I've been reduced to Studio Ghibli movies, moderately mainstream JRPGs, and a bare-bones understanding of the language.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16