Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F  (Read 170107 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2017, 06:54:22 PM »
The enemy level increases (max of 50% increase), but you receive a bonus to money/EXP earned from fighting them (up to 100%).

« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2017, 11:20:42 PM »
Well at least that explains why I was brutally murdered lol.

On another note, I tried moving the Ame-No-Murakumo subclass from Suwako (who I removed from party altogether) to Kokoro, and it works like a charm - Kokoro's fairly high mixed offenses make great use of both Slash and Start of Heavenly Demise, and the MP regen allows her to spam her NTR+WND AoE way more easily, too.

As a side note, it was fun to see Kokoro "singled out" in the dialogue vs the PD final boss, with her looking almost like "... Wha?"

« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2017, 01:43:51 AM »
Yeah, kinda figured you might remove Suwako. How is Kokoro though? Seems like her mask buffs might put her damage to be decent, but her multi-target spell cards seem kinda weak, and lots of characters have decent damage.

Actually, might as well just ask, how has your Plus Disk playthrough been going in general?

« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2017, 01:37:54 PM »
Is it just me, or is Kogasa's MP recovery rate bugged in Plus Disk 1.103? 

« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2017, 05:17:20 PM »

Is it just me, or is Kogasa's MP recovery rate bugged in Plus Disk 1.103? 
Yes it is, it has been bugged for a while since there haven't been any updates.

« Reply #185 on: December 09, 2017, 08:25:01 PM »
Yeah, kinda figured you might remove Suwako. How is Kokoro though? Seems like her mask buffs might put her damage to be decent, but her multi-target spell cards seem kinda weak, and lots of characters have decent damage.

Actually, might as well just ask, how has your Plus Disk playthrough been going in general?

Well let's see... first of all, a couple preliminary words:

Each of these characters has been gemmed to 10X in all stats and has been library-trained based on the cost (i.e. characters with lower library costs, like Reimu, have been trained proportionally more than others, like Miko). Now, onto the team itself:

Line 1: Reimu [Strat] / Sanae [Sorc] / Nitori [Tran] / Kanako [Sorc]
Line 2: Renko [Strat] / Kokoro [Holy B.] / Miko [Tran] / Maribel [Sorc]
Line 3: Satori [Strat] / Utsuho [Sorc] / Koishi [Sorc] / Orin [Warr]

I've not used Line 1 a lot, tbh, except against Cold-weak bosses and as replacements for Line 2 (ex: when I swap out Miko for Reimu due to Maribel having to go offensive)
Line 2 is my main boss-oriented lineup. Renko provides massive buffs, while Maribel heals with Novice Border. Kokoro is... quite damn powerful, actually. Between the Mask's buff (+25% ATK and MAG, usually) and 5X Fighting Spirit, she hits for a significant amount of damage. Holy Blessing is actually a toss-up choice - it's just that, with her Conc only giving 2 MP, I appreciate the extra mana regen on her than on other chars. Miko is devastating - even if she mostly has only SPI damage, her ability to debuff ALL stats upon hitting is invaluable against almost every boss (very few bosses are fully resistant to debuffing), and she can deal absurd amounts of damage. Oh, and if the boss buffs up or is DRK weak, Maribel can also deliver solid punishment with her SHK-inducing attack and her near-infinite mana pool.
Line 3 is my main choice for clearing randoms. Orin's Blaze Wheel is absurdly powerful, as are most of Utsuho's attacks. Satori's Brain Fingerprint isn't very powerful in comparison, but it always hits - and, generally, you can just have her use one of Utsuho's AoE FIR attacks or Koishi's Embers of Love for solid damage (thanks to Utsuho's Blaze ability). Finally, Koishi helps with Super-Ego's VOI unresistable dmg, as well as Embers of Love being a quite damn strong single-target attack. Her evasion is not used very often (even if I currently have her at over 150 EVA with Avoid Ring, I'll eventually give her non-EVA gear and Tokugawa Statue because the stat difference is just too great).

Of all the lineups, I'd say Line 3 is the one which surprised me the most. I was hopeful about the +48% kinship boost (most kinship boosts stop at around 30% max, except T9 which however has much lower base stats), but the actual results went beyond my expectations. Orin and Utsuho, in particular, are so powerful with their FIR attacks that they can just steamroll through FIR-resistant enemies of similar level (not bosses, obviously) with little difficulty.

-----------------------------------

As for my PD experience in general, well... my main recommendation is: get those 10X gems on every stat ASAP. I dunno just how impactful they are, but before getting them I couldn't even beat the Oni trio at the recommended level. After getting those (same level, mind you, as Ame-no-Murakumo gives no xp or gold), the entire game became a breeze - even the original postgame content, since I finally started to overcome those titanic defenses. Tbh, the only boss which gave me a bit of a pause is Futo - but since she's PHY weak, it's mostly about firing off 2-3 overheated Megawatt Guns with Nitori before she overwhelms you, so after a few tries I did her.

Naturally, unlike in TL1, I'm much less convinced about my endgame choices than before. So far, I've awakened only Maribel (Vision Sharing is overpowered, you gotta try it) and Miko (not as overpowered, but not having to depend on being fully healed to debuff the boss's stats is kinda important). I'll certainly awaken Kokoro and Renko, too (the latter more for the extra status protection than for Starting Point of Assault), but I dunno about the rest.
In fact, I am even considering scrapping some of the slots - especially Line 1. As I mentioned before, you rarely do more than 1, maybe 2 random encounters per Corridor floor - sometimes you have none at all. And the 7-star remnants you get are more than enough to keep your TP topped off with just one line-up, if it even comes down to it (keep in mind that, with Gems + Jewels + TP boost + Tokugawa Statue you have +42 TP on top of whatever TP you already had). Which makes me wonder if I should rather replace Reimu and co. (not Nitori, ofc, since any char with Maintenance/Prince OOPART in this game is broken^^).

So far, I've had some experience with the Yukari family (not bad, but not very useful vs bosses, and I already have plenty of PHY dmg, which is the main fort? of this group), Iku + Tenshi (again, not bad, but badly needs setupping, and I have plenty of SPI and debuffing as it is), and T9 (which again isn't bad but not too good for boss battles from my experience). Ofc, as I mentioned before, Reimu Sanae and Kanako are far from useless (especially for CLD and SPI damage), so I may end up just keeping them, but the urge to try and experiment a bit is great (MAlice? Rinnosuke? Youmu + Yuyuko? Scarlet Mansion (or at least 3 of them)? Eientei? The Onis? Maybe good ol' DRK nuking with Kogasa + Parsee? Some of the new chars I've not tried yet, such as Futo or Akyuu?)

« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2017, 12:14:03 AM »
Ah, I see, so you're stacking Kokoro's Fighting Spirit to get her to deal good damage. Hm, would certainly get big numbers, but I wonder if the time efficiency is worth it. For PHY weak bosses it would naturally be her best option regardless, but otherwise, not sure that would be worthwhile. Miko though, yeah, she's pretty great, good damage and debuffs alongside them. Pretty similar to Reisen and her Discarder with Tradition of Just Rewards, just weaker debuff potential in exchange for more damage + SPI element. Can't buff herself (which is one of Reisen's biggest advantages as an attacker, Grand Patriot's Elixir is ridiculous), but better base stats all around.

Koishi's EVA reliance did seem a little gimmicky, probably would also focus on being a straight-up attacker than emphasize her EVA skills too. One thing that really stands out about Koishi to me is her MYS spell card that's boosted by TRR/SIL. Decent number of characters can inflict both status effects with one spell card, like Parsee and Reisen. At max power its damage should be pretty close to what Flandre or Marisa could output. Besides that, Earthly Spirits Palace does seem like a pretty strong party. Got Satori for +24% weakness damage and Utsuho for a further +30% FIR damage, with all of them being able to use FIR spell cards effectively. Utsuho in particular looks like the biggest damage dealer in that area to me, since she's got Sheer Force, Fighting Spirit, Overheating, and her Awakening's High Blazing for truly absurd boosts to her damage output every turn. Probably safe to say she's by far the best FIR damage dealer in the game, seems like Flandre would be the only competition.

Do wanna comment that while Team (9) have low base stats, due to their leveling rates and stat gems, they actually end up with much higher base stats than you might expect. Cirno and Rumia for example are about top 10 in terms of MAG stats, not bad at all.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Futo was the hardest boss in the story mode, that fight was pretty mean. The Shadow bosses were on the whole disappointingly easy, think the problem was that since Plus Disk focused on faster paced fights with higher damage on both sides, and a boss fight with multiple targets would naturally have less HP than a boss fight with one target, the result was that the bosses were generally too fragile, to a point where it wasn't hard to defeat at least one target before it could act. Mamizou, Futo, and Miko were a lot more difficult (relatively speaking) than the Shadow bosses because of that, imo anyway. After a while I just stopped recording the regular Shadow fights because they were too easy
Spoiler:
only to find out the Abyss bosses were even easier.

What about Iku + Tenshi felt like they needed too much setting up? Never had that issue with them. Using Iku to attack instead of Tenshi did feel a little inconvenient at times, but that was only because I had to wait a turn before attacking since Iku is also the best single target ATK/MAG buffer. Tenshi's just a straight-up attacker right out of the gate. Can see needing Iku out for Tenshi to be able to do damage as a problem, but that plus ATK buffs is all she needs to dish out top level damage, and almost every character needs another character to buff them. Tenshi's also pretty much the best NTR attacker in the game, not like she's limited to SPI (SPI is a really inundated element though, Murakumo's Blessing alone makes any character capable of being a high level SPI attacker).

The Hisouten duo aside, I'd definitely recommend trying out Akyuu, top tier support character post-Awakening imo. Can put all of her level bonuses in SPD and still survive weaker multi-target attacks without relying on her resurrection skill, while providing that 16% weakness damage boost and a 50% Boost effect to all party members with her Awakening spell card. Her massive MP pool is enough to let her spam World-Shaking Military Rule if you want to maintain buffs after Renko's Charge.

With that all covered...how far are you into Plus Disk's postgame and Infinite Corridor?

« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2017, 01:16:47 AM »
Ah, I see, so you're stacking Kokoro's Fighting Spirit to get her to deal good damage. Hm, would certainly get big numbers, but I wonder if the time efficiency is worth it. For PHY weak bosses it would naturally be her best option regardless, but otherwise, not sure that would be worthwhile. Miko though, yeah, she's pretty great, good damage and debuffs alongside them. Pretty similar to Reisen and her Discarder with Tradition of Just Rewards, just weaker debuff potential in exchange for more damage + SPI element. Can't buff herself (which is one of Reisen's biggest advantages as an attacker, Grand Patriot's Elixir is ridiculous), but better base stats all around.

I think it depends on the fighting style. Personally, I favor bulky attackers over glass nukes - nothing gives me a better feeling than seeing, say, In Laquetti going ballistic on my team and everybody surviving, repeatedly^^ In this sense, Kokoro definitely fills the bill for me. Also, it's worth noting that, much like Miko, Kokoro can also debuff - with ANY attack, as long as she has her mask on.

As for Miko herself, while it's true that she can't buff herself, unlike Reisen, it's also true that she doesn't need two other specific party members to reach astronomical numbers. She only need a buffer, and both Renko + Maribel (buff, healing, Vision Sharing) and Sanae (buff, healing, SPI boost) are absolutely perfect for this purpose. While I don't dislike Eientei, I always found them kinda... frail. Especially Kaguya. Miko instead is incredibly bulky, and that makes the difference (really, I may have said it before, but 2X Item abilities are busted).

Koishi's EVA reliance did seem a little gimmicky, probably would also focus on being a straight-up attacker than emphasize her EVA skills too. One thing that really stands out about Koishi to me is her MYS spell card that's boosted by TRR/SIL. Decent number of characters can inflict both status effects with one spell card, like Parsee and Reisen. At max power its damage should be pretty close to what Flandre or Marisa could output. Besides that, Earthly Spirits Palace does seem like a pretty strong party. Got Satori for +24% weakness damage and Utsuho for a further +30% FIR damage, with all of them being able to use FIR spell cards effectively. Utsuho in particular looks like the biggest damage dealer in that area to me, since she's got Sheer Force, Fighting Spirit, Overheating, and her Awakening's High Blazing for truly absurd boosts to her damage output every turn. Probably safe to say she's by far the best FIR damage dealer in the game, seems like Flandre would be the only competition.

You're right about Utsuho, her Fire attacks are absolutely brutal. There are some Shadow bosses (Idr which ones, actually) where I just punched through with Earth Palace team, switching in the Sealing Club + Kokoro and Miko only once battle was already won. I still don't know if I want to awaken Utsuho, though, because her new abilities only take effect if she's staying around for several turns, which is not her role in this team. I'd rather awaken Orin, since multiple Extra Attack activations give her a much needed power boost.

Do wanna comment that while Team ⑨ have low base stats, due to their leveling rates and stat gems, they actually end up with much higher base stats than you might expect. Cirno and Rumia for example are about top 10 in terms of MAG stats, not bad at all.

You gotta keep in mind though that, when you down level characters for meeting challenge level, those numbers may no longer be accurate. Also, there's the sad fact that I only have 3 slots potentially open on my team as it (no way in hell I'm removing Nitori, Miko, or Kokoro), and I'm not sure Team 9 would be as good if I include only 3 of them.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Futo was the hardest boss in the story mode, that fight was pretty mean. The Shadow bosses were on the whole disappointingly easy, think the problem was that since Plus Disk focused on faster paced fights with higher damage on both sides, and a boss fight with multiple targets would naturally have less HP than a boss fight with one target, the result was that the bosses were generally too fragile, to a point where it wasn't hard to defeat at least one target before it could act. Mamizou, Futo, and Miko were a lot more difficult (relatively speaking) than the Shadow bosses because of that, imo anyway. After a while I just stopped recording the regular Shadow fights because they were too easy
Spoiler:
only to find out the Abyss bosses were even easier.

Tbh I didn't have major issues with Mamizou, she has a mountain of HP but she doesn't hit very hard. Miko I'm not even sure lol, I just tunnelvision-ed her fight and suddenly she was dead :-) (mind you, these fights were all done at challenge level but with 40-80 lvls of downgrading, depending on the char - also, for Miko, I had lesser Endless Corridor items like Rhododendron Dress, Uruncel Blade etc. on everybody).

What about Iku + Tenshi felt like they needed too much setting up? Never had that issue with them. Using Iku to attack instead of Tenshi did feel a little inconvenient at times, but that was only because I had to wait a turn before attacking since Iku is also the best single target ATK/MAG buffer. Tenshi's just a straight-up attacker right out of the gate. Can see needing Iku out for Tenshi to be able to do damage as a problem, but that plus ATK buffs is all she needs to dish out top level damage, and almost every character needs another character to buff them. Tenshi's also pretty much the best NTR attacker in the game, not like she's limited to SPI (SPI is a really inundated element though, Murakumo's Blessing alone makes any character capable of being a high level SPI attacker).

I should probably give Tenshi and Iku a second chance, though I wonder because Tenshi really needs to be Awakened and, if I awaken Renko, Maribel, Miko, and Kokoro I only have 3 gems left I can use (1 I'd like to use on Orin, so let's say 2 left). Also, I'm not sure how dual element abilities work, but Kokoro can cause NTR + WND damage so it's not like I desperately need NTR. But yeah I can see it's a possibility I should consider.

The Hisouten duo aside, I'd definitely recommend trying out Akyuu, top tier support character post-Awakening imo. Can put all of her level bonuses in SPD and still survive weaker multi-target attacks without relying on her resurrection skill, while providing that 16% weakness damage boost and a 50% Boost effect to all party members with her Awakening spell card. Her massive MP pool is enough to let her spam World-Shaking Military Rule if you want to maintain buffs after Renko's Charge.

I'm... not really a fan of Akyuu tbh. Her stats don't look especially good pre-Concentration, and while her skills are kinda good, they do require intimate knowledge of the boss's rotation to be effective. The boost is nice, but... I dunno, I should test her, but her stats do look underwhelming even factoring in her low library cost. As for her massive MP pool, remember that the Ame-no-Murakumo user already has nearly infinite MP because of the MP draining ability (and Kokoro can replenish extremely fast if needed, thanks to quick Concentrations + MP drain).

With that all covered...how far are you into Plus Disk's postgame and Infinite Corridor?

I've got 44 fragments, still 27F to clear and I'm on 21F in the Corridor. I'm not in a hurry to finish it all because, sadly, not much is left in terms of content - heck, most of the farming time is spent looking for Corridor drops, because in terms of levelling, if I wanted I could get to 600+ in just a couple hours of 27F farming^^ Compared to TL1 post-disc xp farming, it feels like a walk in the park. I still wish for an expansion, though, because as it is you don't really get to use most of your skill points (unless you get tons of Training Manuals), and being limited with Awakening Gems really sucks (I considered getting them with Cheat Engine but again... what am I beating with them, atm?^^)

« Reply #188 on: December 10, 2017, 03:20:17 AM »
I think it depends on the fighting style. Personally, I favor bulky attackers over glass nukes - nothing gives me a better feeling than seeing, say, In Laquetti going ballistic on my team and everybody surviving, repeatedly^^ In this sense, Kokoro definitely fills the bill for me. Also, it's worth noting that, much like Miko, Kokoro can also debuff - with ANY attack, as long as she has her mask on.

Ah no I do agree about the bulky attacker thing, going with that direction as well, but like, bulky attackers can still blitz things. Like, using In Laquetti for example, I defeated it in 3 of its actions using Monk Tenshi as the sole attacker, at challenge level, just spamming Puncturing Thrust. Did record the run (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spjTGHxZ03g), but the gameplay was a little bit sloppy because I didn't do a practice run beforehand, so it was my actual first run. Strategy could have definitely be polished a bit, stuff like max MND Iku and Herbalist Akyuu were poor ideas (should have done max HP and Murakumo's Blessing here). This is just as much an example of how fast fights can be as it is to how little Tenshi needs setup.

But yeah, Kokoro can debuff a couple stats while dealing decent damage. She's certainly a balanced character, just doesn't seem to do anything outstanding.

As for Miko herself, while it's true that she can't buff herself, unlike Reisen, it's also true that she doesn't need two other specific party members to reach astronomical numbers. She only need a buffer, and both Renko + Maribel (buff, healing, Vision Sharing) and Sanae (buff, healing, SPI boost) are absolutely perfect for this purpose. While I don't dislike Eientei, I always found them kinda... frail. Especially Kaguya. Miko instead is incredibly bulky, and that makes the difference (really, I may have said it before, but 2X Item abilities are busted).

Well, I wouldn't discount Reisen's damage when she has Final Blow for a 32% boost (which she supports herself with using Lunatic Red Eyes), but yeah, Miko is generally stronger and always bulkier. Mostly just comparing the two for being capable of dealing good damage and debuffing at the same time. I'm using both personally. Between the two, Reisen has been more useful, but mainly for her debilitating effects like her MND debuffs and ability to inflict a high success rate multi-target SHK.

You gotta keep in mind though that, when you down level characters for meeting challenge level, those numbers may no longer be accurate. Also, there's the sad fact that I only have 3 slots potentially open on my team as it (no way in hell I'm removing Nitori, Miko, or Kokoro), and I'm not sure Team 9 would be as good if I include only 3 of them.

Well, they're accurate if you level down characters so that they all have the same amount of EXP invested, but if you're only leveling down the characters with high levels, then yeah, it's not accurate. I just wanted to point out that they actually have pretty high stats if the EXP investment is even. I've personally been making sure that everyone has the same EXP investment while matching challenge levels, so the different base stat/level rates are always "fair". Bosses are already easy enough without overleveling the characters that level slowly.

Tbh I didn't have major issues with Mamizou, she has a mountain of HP but she doesn't hit very hard. Miko I'm not even sure lol, I just tunnelvision-ed her fight and suddenly she was dead :-) (mind you, these fights were all done at challenge level but with 40-80 lvls of downgrading, depending on the char - also, for Miko, I had lesser Endless Corridor items like Rhododendron Dress, Uruncel Blade etc. on everybody).

Mamizou's Razor Wind (79% MAG - 14% T.DEF - 14% T.MND) and Leaf Cutting Dance (96% MAG - 20% T.DEF - 20% T.MND) spell cards did hit pretty hard, but she didn't use them much and otherwise yeah her spell cards were pretty low damage. Mamizou was mostly just that she had enough HP to put up a fight (along with a strong self-heal), compared to the previous fights that can be breezed with ease. Same deal with Miko, she's not some weakling boss that goes down in ~5 turns like most Shadow fights were. Futo doesn't really deserve to be compared with Mamizou and Miko, she was an actually reasonably difficult fight.

I should probably give Tenshi and Iku a second chance, though I wonder because Tenshi really needs to be Awakened and, if I awaken Renko, Maribel, Miko, and Kokoro I only have 3 gems left I can use (1 I'd like to use on Orin, so let's say 2 left). Also, I'm not sure how dual element abilities work, but Kokoro can cause NTR + WND damage so it's not like I desperately need NTR. But yeah I can see it's a possibility I should consider.

Well, if you're iffy about using Tenshi, then I dunno about Awakening her, since she just gets extra HP (a lot of HP, admittedly, about a 20% increase or so) and some damage, as opposed to a super versatile skill like Sanae's MP restoration. Still probably one of the better Awakenings you could go for though. Her default +33% DEF/MND is an instant 11% increase in ATK, which is about 8% more damage with max ATK buffs already in play. Cap out her DEF/MND at 86% and she's looking at 34% more ATK, or about 27% more damage. And if you're hitting weakness, she's getting 4% more ATK (and every other stat) every turn, capping at 28%. After 5 turns she's looking at 22% more overall stats, which is about 17% more damage (ignoring Courageous Sword). It's not quite Fighting Spirit (especially on defense), but stacking the two skills gets great results on a character that already had a high level of damage output.

Probably says a lot about Tenshi's base damage output when her Awakening is probably adding about 25-30% more damage on average and I'm downplaying it as not that great.

Ah yeah, and naturally, Tenshi does way more damage than Kokoro does with her WND + NTR spell, especially for single target (which is most important for exploiting weaknesses).

I'm... not really a fan of Akyuu tbh. Her stats don't look especially good pre-Concentration, and while her skills are kinda good, they do require intimate knowledge of the boss's rotation to be effective. The boost is nice, but... I dunno, I should test her, but her stats do look underwhelming even factoring in her low library cost. As for her massive MP pool, remember that the Ame-no-Murakumo user already has nearly infinite MP because of the MP draining ability (and Kokoro can replenish extremely fast if needed, thanks to quick Concentrations + MP drain).

Akyuu's stats are pretty usable, enough that she isn't dying from every hit and needing to resurrect (only had her resurrect a couple times in all of my runs actually), and her maxed out SPD ensures she's acting every couple ticks. Her Awakening spell card is 6000 delay and appears to be glitched to randomly (or not randomly, hard to tell how exactly it works) apply 1-hit invincibility to characters in addition to the 50% Boost, which further helps her durability (not that she needs it). Since the 50% Boost works like Herbalist's and lasts 2 turns, a single use of it basically doubles the damage of your 1-2 attackers, plus the 16% weakness bonus Akyuu has by default. Fair to point out that Murakumo's Blessing is restoring 6 MP per turn, but unlike Kokoro (or any other character), Akyuu is throwing around 50% Boosts to the whole party and can survive fatal attacks (90% of the time) with no loss to ATB (which distinguishes herself from Guts users and Mokou), so she can go max SPD even when in the leftmost slot with minimal impact on her survivability, so she's able to buff at a faster pace than any other character. Akyuu's also got 200 VOI resistance but that doesn't come into play too much.

Can't really say I've actually used her 1-hit Invincibility spell card much, only on
Spoiler:
Serpent of Chaos
and
Spoiler:
Kedama Goddess
, and only as precautions, but she doesn't really need to use that to be an amazing character.

I've got 44 fragments, still 27F to clear and I'm on 21F in the Corridor. I'm not in a hurry to finish it all because, sadly, not much is left in terms of content - heck, most of the farming time is spent looking for Corridor drops, because in terms of levelling, if I wanted I could get to 600+ in just a couple hours of 27F farming^^ Compared to TL1 post-disc xp farming, it feels like a walk in the park. I still wish for an expansion, though, because as it is you don't really get to use most of your skill points (unless you get tons of Training Manuals), and being limited with Awakening Gems really sucks (I considered getting them with Cheat Engine but again... what am I beating with them, atm?^^)

Ah, yeah, at that point the big fights you have left are
Spoiler:
Hollow Orochi, Serpent of Chaos, and Kedama Goddess
, plenty of smaller boss fights but nothing exceptional otherwise. Can certainly see where you're coming from with that feeling. Unfortunate that the next update is still in limbo with not even a message saying that it's being worked on. Outside of doing
Spoiler:
Kedama Goddess
to demonstrate it's easy to beat even in the low 500s, I basically stopped playing, mostly just check math stuff and miscellaneous things like that now. Really wanna see that next update...but anyway, sounds like you're best off just playing at your own pace then.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:22:50 AM by LonelyGaruga »

« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2017, 04:36:56 AM »
I actually found Plus Disc to be a decent difficulty, although its pretty easy to cheat yourself out of it mostly be accident. Infinite Corridor items can be obtained fairly early on in the content, yet are stronger then almost anything you can find until after beating its final boss. Moreover, the encounters give you so much experience that without an encounter reuction skill you'll almost always overlevel every boss you face. My first run through, with a Yakumo team, breezed through everything besides Futo[And even she wasn't nearly as bad as, say, the Great "C" was]. My second run, though, used the SDM team and had Rumia with Ability to Manipulate Darkness on 24/7. That run was much more fun, and in more then a just  "Jeez, I just killed this boss before it could deal more then a paltry amount of damage" way.

Akyuu is mostly notorious for doing truly obscene damage with Start of Heavenly Demise. Her tiny library cost means her stats are actually pretty decent and she also offers pretty great utility. She actually reminds me of a more extreme Maribel, with even weirder/stronger abilities.

« Reply #190 on: December 10, 2017, 05:25:46 AM »
I don't know, for my Plus Disk playthrough I kept levels at challenge level and didn't use Infinite Corridor equipment until clearing Plus Disk's main story, and it still felt pretty easy overall.

And wow, Akyuu's damage is pretty good, getting 47m on Start of Heavenly Demise backed by Super Incantation on 1f mobs compared to Iku's 11m without a Boost effect. Never did get around to testing it until now, should've checked so much sooner than this. Mathing it out on a 1m MND target, Akyuu still does over three times as much damage in one shot as Iku would without a Boost effect. This is with the same equipment/ library levels and equal EXP investment. Not as impressive considering she could give Iku a 50% Boost and then Iku would be doing similar amounts of damage in two turns, but Akyuu is still really good in terms of damage, can't overlook that.

« Reply #191 on: December 10, 2017, 11:50:46 AM »
@LonelyGaruga: Your Tenshi damage vs In Laquetti was kinda impressive, but my main concern about it is that you had to use basically 3 non attacking slots to reach that sort of output. In comparison, I could do similar amounts of damage simply by attacking with Maribel, Miko, and Kokoro - all while keeping the boss constantly debuffed. Furthermore, my lineup recovers much more easily, I think, from 1 hp and 0 mana attacks, thanks to Mari's MP regen and Kokoro's MP drain.

Overall, I felt that the "all-in" approach of putting everything on just one attacker was not as desirable or necessary as in pre PD content. Though it certainly is still viable
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:52:52 AM by elminster1372 »

« Reply #192 on: December 10, 2017, 02:33:49 PM »
 Personally I also favored more putting everything in one attacker, but I think that may also depend on team composition. I used Nitori as my main attacker and Aya, Iku and Minoriko for support with Mokou tanking. Mainly because past a certain point, Nitori did so much damage she completed blew the rest of my attackers (Youmu, Momiji, Yuyuko and Yuuka) out of the water, there simply wasn't much of a reason to use them when Nitori could hit harder and faster than most of them, plus with Iku/Aya it's easier to focus on buffing a single character's offenses (it also allowed me to just dump all the OP equipment on Nitori instead of spreading them out).
 Renko, Kokoro, Miko and Maribel all allow you to buff up your whole frontline's stats at once so making the best use of it by having a bunch of attackers sounds nice too.

On a different note, I was messing around with some awakening skills and it seems like Marisa's Hakkoro Charge mode is bugged, it only generates stacks when she takes a turn in the front and not while she is in the back. Parsee's Green Eyed Monster also seems to be bugged since the strength/infliction rate of her status effects seems to remain the same.

« Reply #193 on: December 10, 2017, 10:33:55 PM »
@LonelyGaruga: Your Tenshi damage vs In Laquetti was kinda impressive, but my main concern about it is that you had to use basically 3 non attacking slots to reach that sort of output. In comparison, I could do similar amounts of damage simply by attacking with Maribel, Miko, and Kokoro - all while keeping the boss constantly debuffed. Furthermore, my lineup recovers much more easily, I think, from 1 hp and 0 mana attacks, thanks to Mari's MP regen and Kokoro's MP drain.

Overall, I felt that the "all-in" approach of putting everything on just one attacker was not as desirable or necessary as in pre PD content. Though it certainly is still viable

Well, there was no reason I couldn't use Iku to attack (and in hindsight, I would have, because the reason I did not was because I thought its status/debuff retaliation would actually matter, but it went down far too easily), but the primary reason I go with one attacker is because I've found that easiest and most effective in most scenarios. Sometimes I switch for a two attacker pattern though (generally Tenshi + Iku). Dunno how effective attacking with three characters with different elements would be on a boss that likely resists at least one of them (how many turns did it take to beat In Laquetti, if you remember?), but doing similar amounts of damage with three characters compared to one using a subclass spell doesn't sound all thaaat great. Like, yeah, I didn't debuff any, but that's because I've found most Plus Disk bosses just aren't worth debuffing in the first place (although in In Laquetti's case, I was specifically avoiding debuffing it, otherwise I'd have had Iku debuff its DEF).

HP to 1 stuff is as easy as switching in Rumia for Demarcation, but MP to 0 wasn't as easy to deal with until Sanae's Awakening, which is +4-5 MP every turn she's acting, so MP to 0 can almost be ignored. Pulled that on the Serpent of Chaos run I did (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKSnuR9klU). Although, the MP to 0 attack in the In Laquetti fight only cost me 1 turn of attacking with Tenshi, so not really that big a deal. But anyway, I was just making the point that Tenshi takes bosses down quickly, without the need to spend her turns building up damage boosts in order to do so.

Do see what you're pulling with the Renko/Kokoro/Miko/Maribel lineup though, with Kokoro's mask buffs, Miko's buff boosts, and Maribel's Vision Sharing, you've got three characters that buff everyone on the field, with Renko being the strongest multi-target buffer as well, plus the capacity to inflict that +25% damage boosting effect from her Awakening. Having the three of them as attackers seems fine, although it sounds like that isn't enough to top a single maxed out character.

« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2017, 12:09:27 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DACVGRcAk0Q This is my fight against In Laquetti - though Nitori apparently did most of the damage, Kokoro and Miko were instrumental in neutralizing the boss from the getgo. Also note that these numbers are with minimal buffs (I had next to no DBF defenses), they would be significantly higher against non-debuffing enemies.

« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2017, 02:12:51 AM »
I see, that went pretty well. In terms of speed, my run was 40 ticks while your run was 50 ticks up until the point that Nitori missed (actual kill time was 58 ticks). Might be off by 1-2 ticks due to the SPD debuffs, they make counting ticks a little harder.

It's certainly an effective gameplay plan, but I can't really help but feel that Nitori with Murakumo's Blessing could have cleared it a lot faster and easier than that strategy did, through sheer damage output. It would also have saved you the trouble of having to deal with ATK/MAG/SPD debuffs. Still, it breezed through the fight, as can be expected from most Plus Disk bosses.

Any plans to record other fights? Might be interesting to compare notes on them, though I'd imagine it might be troublesome to do so if you weren't already planning on doing that.

« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2017, 11:21:55 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fogvHd83IHY

Here is the recording of my fight vs Shadow Yukari. Here I don't have to deal with debuffs, so you can see the Renko/Miko/Kokoro/Maribel lineup in action as it normally is^^ (also, note that I was quite a few levels behind on challenge level)

EDIT: https://youtu.be/sBTY1zDnMSE so, uh... game finished? Sadly :-/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:10:21 PM by elminster1372 »

« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2017, 07:39:17 PM »
Looks like you've cleared Infinite Corridor, so yeah that's it. Guess you went in blind for Kedama Goddess?  I didn't do that in my run (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DEWN9o34hA) so it might be a poor comparison.  In terms of speed, my run was 26 ticks compared to your run's 55 ticks if I counted correctly. Average level of 540 vs 590 as well.

Kinda surprised at just how effective Miko was at debuffing DEF when level 5 Elekiter Dragon Palace from Iku (the strongest and most accurate DEF debuff in the game) did nothing for me, lol. She doesn't even have anything to diminish DBF resistance like Reisen does. Miko is clearly a strong character, high damage, accurate debuffs, great skills.

With all the bosses taken down, do you have anything you're planning to do? I.E. grinding or party experimentation or whatever.

« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2017, 08:42:51 PM »
.... level 5 Elekiter Dragon Palace from Iku (the strongest and most accurate DEF debuff in the game) did nothing for me, lol. ...

cough cough Hina cough cough

On the note of surprisingly accurate plus disc debuff infliction, Awakened Rumia is really good at them. Dark Side of the Moon's debuffs aren't Hina strong, but they're still pretty reliable, especially since it affects all enemies. Moonlight Ray's ailment inflicting, however, is top of the line. I don't know exactly what the infliction rate is, but its definitely over 100%, since I could[very briefly] tag otherwise-immune bosses with basically any non DTH status ailment. Moonlight Ray is also super quick, meaning that Rumia can singlehandedly lock down an enemy who isn't super resistant to PAR or SHK.

« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2017, 08:53:04 PM »
Oops, misremembered Elekiter Dragon Palace as leveling up its DBF accuracy, but it doesn't. Just 100% compared to Hina's 116% at level 5. Never mind then!

Was wondering how effective Rumia is at debuffs and status effects, using her right now but not with Awakening. It seems really promising though, plus Moonlight Ray is one of the best MYS attacks in the game in terms of damage.

« Reply #200 on: December 12, 2017, 11:35:42 PM »
Unfortunately, I can't testify as to Rumia's damage. The party I'm running her in also has all three magicians[Marisa,Alice and Patchouli], all of whom have good MYS nukes and precedant for the best MAG equipment, so she kind of got overshadowed before.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know where the Oracle/Prophet's Proof is? The wiki says 26F, but I've explored that floor completely and still don't have it.

« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2017, 12:52:45 AM »
Looks like you've cleared Infinite Corridor, so yeah that's it. Guess you went in blind for Kedama Goddess?  I didn't do that in my run (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DEWN9o34hA) so it might be a poor comparison.  In terms of speed, my run was 26 ticks compared to your run's 55 ticks if I counted correctly. Average level of 540 vs 590 as well.

Yes I did go in kinda blindly, in hindsight I'd prolly have put Reimu in first slot from the getgo to resist Kedama's DTH effect (or, more simply, I would've given Renko a Medicine of Life). As for the level difference... I dunno what kind of items/level bonuses/gems etc. you ran, but I needed those levels simply to survive Serpent of Chaos without relying on extreme RNG luck (and even then, I barely made it with 2 chars left - pity I didn't record that one). Ofc, I could've been able to do it at a lower level if I used stronger items (I have mostly a caster team, and caster items notably give less firepower than physical ones - except for the very rare Tupsimati)

Kinda surprised at just how effective Miko was at debuffing DEF when level 5 Elekiter Dragon Palace from Iku (the strongest and most accurate DEF debuff in the game) did nothing for me, lol. She doesn't even have anything to diminish DBF resistance like Reisen does. Miko is clearly a strong character, high damage, accurate debuffs, great skills.

Yeah, Miko is insane. I dunno if you took a look at her stats in my video, but she's so powerful she can easily wear down a boss even with resisted blows, and waste away neutral targets (if the boss is SPI-weak, it's a walk in the park). Also, her DBF is incredibly accurate, I don't recall her ever failing me against any boss. Really, as I said many times, there is absolutely no reason not to use all of the 2X item characters (Nitori, Miko, Renko), as they are simply overpowered by endgame.

With all the bosses taken down, do you have anything you're planning to do? I.E. grinding or party experimentation or whatever.

Not really. As far as party experimentation goes, I'm vastly limited by the fact you can't change around awakening items (if there was some kind of ways, with Cheat Engine or w/e, to add them in so that I can give each char 1 of her awakening item, maybe I could do something more - but I'd need technical guidance on this one^^). Plus, there's really not much to do, other than pushing floor clearing and see how far you can get before mobs overpower you. Which I'm not geared much for, since many of the assumptions I had regarding Corridor clearing turned out to be utterly wrong^^

1) TP/MP management is not really a problem, every floor clearance gives you a free boost which, often, can heal you for 20-40% of all your team's MP/TP.
2) You hardly do more than 2-3 random encounters per floor unless you're doing them on purpose
3) Obviously, boss-oriented characters and builds (like tank Renko) are no longer required in the Corridor, even though some mobs do act like "mini bosses" on their own (the Grains, and all the boss clones)

If I were to fully focus on floor grind, I'd prolly have to rework my team strategy completely, getting rid of such chars as Reimu and Sanae and probably adding more "families" (such as the SDM or the Yakumo family, or maybe even T9). Again, though, limited awakenings are a problem.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know where the Oracle/Prophet's Proof is? The wiki says 26F, but I've explored that floor completely and still don't have it.

If I recall correctly, it's in the section of 26F which leads to the last of Yamata no Orochi's copies (the lvl 285 one). When you find yourself in the corridor which goes down to the blue switch (the one you press before moving to the stairs which lead back to 25F), try going all the way up instead and, behind a red barrier you should find the Oracle proof (if I recall correctly, that is). If you still can't find it, I can provide you a screenshot of the location tomorrow.

« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2017, 02:55:46 AM »
Yes I did go in kinda blindly, in hindsight I'd prolly have put Reimu in first slot from the getgo to resist Kedama's DTH effect (or, more simply, I would've given Renko a Medicine of Life). As for the level difference... I dunno what kind of items/level bonuses/gems etc. you ran, but I needed those levels simply to survive Serpent of Chaos without relying on extreme RNG luck (and even then, I barely made it with 2 chars left - pity I didn't record that one). Ofc, I could've been able to do it at a lower level if I used stronger items (I have mostly a caster team, and caster items notably give less firepower than physical ones - except for the very rare Tupsimati)

Item setup was

Akyuu: First-Aid Kit, Crystal Charm, 2x Long Sword "Crimson Lotus Princess" (max SPD in level bonuses)
Iku: Life Aura, Crystal Charm, 2x Long Sword "Crimson Lotus Princess" (max HP in level bonuses)
Sanae: Same as Akyuu (max HP in level bonuses)
Tenshi: First-Aid Kit, Crystal Charm, Ama no Habakiri, Massive Iron Crown of Chaos (max ATK in level bonuses)

Gems were 20 for every relevant stat (I.E. no ATK for Akyuu/Iku/Sanae, no MAG for Tenshi), library level 600 (60 affinity) for the same stats on everyone. Surviving Serpent of Chaos' Disintegrating Breath at average level 538 was pretty easy with max HP on everyone (except Tenshi and Akyuu), 3x LS "CLP", and First-Aid Kit/Tokugawa Statue, along with HP Second Boost. Transcendent subclass for the characters that need the extra HP. Stuff like Medicine of Life just makes it too easy for anyone to survive if setup to do so. If you're just using the same setups as you would for any other boss then you would need higher levels to do that though, although if you're debuffing its ATK/MAG then it's a lot easier to survive.

« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2017, 03:54:50 PM »
Well, that's a much stronger set up than I ran, items/gems wise (I didn't grind this many jewels). In fact, I'm pretty sure none of the fights we've seen in the TL2 postgame were balanced around chars with 10X Jewels or multiple second boost stats, or with this many Tokugawa Statues/Medicines of Life/etc. Many of these items, I speculate, are here probably for progression beyond what we've yet to see in the game. Even my setup, probably, was beyond what was expected by the game at this point.

I've not tried yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if, without multiple Corridor-exclusive items and other bonuses, Kedama Goddess required higher than lvl 600 characters to win (though I still feel like Serpent of Chaos was harder, despite being nominally 200 levels lower).

« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2017, 09:01:09 PM »
My setup was certainly stronger in terms of effectiveness, but in terms of items used, I didn't use anything high-end outside of the title drops from Hollow Orochi/Serpent of Chaos (which are guaranteed), and I didn't use anything that was stronger than what you did. I didn't use Scourge/Tupsimati/Medicine of Life/Regalia/etc, and stuff like Flower Blade Kikuryusei and Blue Crystal Rod are about the same rarity and effectiveness as CLP (Flower Blade and CLP are also both available for 20 Infinite Gems at Akyuu's shop). Quartz Charm is harder to acquire, but still much weaker than Medicine of Life or even Regalia in terms of pure defense, and is only a slight improvement over 3x CLP. Tenshi's setup was optimal for what I wanted (strongest ATK setup that could survive Space Compression comfortably), but nothing too extravagant since all of the items used were guaranteed drops, counting the Quartz Charm from the Guardian of the Crystals. The equipment I used wasn't crazy strong/rare or anything, the only character you had that was decked out in inferior-grade equipment in comparison was Renko. Most of the characters were actually better equipped, at least in terms of rarity/value.

Stat gems also matter surprisingly little, for how much time has to be invested to max them out.

Here's Tenshi's stats with 20: https://i.imgur.com/ROBgNVS.png
Here's Tenshi's stats with 10: https://i.imgur.com/EIEmeLF.png

A 6% increase in ATK, and a ~4% increase in HP. To further illustrate the differences in stats at play here, I copied your setup on Miko in terms of subclass/equipment/level bonus/stat boost distribution, so the only differences are that mine has +67 library levels in the basic stats and +20 stat gems, but is 55 levels lower (where she'd be at relative to all of my other party members with equal EXP investment).

Miko stats: https://i.imgur.com/nuumnty.png

Ends up with about 4% less MAG and about 1% less HP, though DEF/MND is slightly higher (not that those stats do much). Comparing other characters with equal leveling rates, your Sanae was 60 levels higher (but library 599 vs 600), Reimu was 62 levels higher than Akyuu (and 51 library levels higher), and Maribel/Rin were 60 levels higher than Iku, with Maribel being 16 library levels lower and Rin 36 higher. Didn't use Satori for Kedama Goddess, but mine's 58 levels lower, and 15 library levels as well. Accounting for a lack of things like Medicine of Life being used on my end along with all of this, and I would think that my characters and equipment setups were actually weaker. They are more optimized though, since I adjust everything for each boss individually.

All that aside, the game certainly isn't balanced around characters having a full setup of Medicine of Life and Regalia and whatnot, but stuff like Crimson Lotus Princess and Flower Blade Kikuryusei is very accessible and not that much stronger relative to more accessible Plus Disk equipment compared to, say, Grand Master Breaker Title, Genji Gloves, or Zeus Armor were for main game equipment, and those were much less accessible. 20 Infinite Gems are very easy to acquire in the later Corridor floors, and they're only semi-uncommon items there to begin with. I found 33 CLP and 27 FBK by the time I finished grinding gems, compared to 5 Medicine of Life, 7 Quartz Charms, and 9 Tupsimati. Would also add that 27f mobs drop some of the 1st tier stat gems at rates that range from 3-8%, so I think the game does expect players to be at 10X at least by then, which is around player level 400.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:04:03 PM by LonelyGaruga »

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #205 on: December 15, 2017, 07:25:19 AM »
Tried out Awakened Rumia, and found out that she makes for a surprisingly good ailment inflictor and debuffer. Great Piercing Attack powers up Moonlight Ray by a considerable amount and it can now inflict all ailments :]. An 80% Evasion Boost allows her to stay out for longer, while Dark Side of the Moon has high debuff accuracy and decent strength (mid-10s usually). Probably going to use her a lot more.

I suppose there?s nothing left after the main game of PD except Kedama Goddess and Infinity Corridor, at least until 3peso hopefully updates next year.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 08:45:12 AM by IRUN »
I walk one step, and I?m visiting a shrine
I continue two steps, and I?m spirited away
I tread three steps, and I?m playing god
I arrive with four steps, and ****

« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2017, 11:50:17 PM »
Tried out Awakened Rumia, and found out that she makes for a surprisingly good ailment inflictor and debuffer. Great Piercing Attack powers up Moonlight Ray by a considerable amount and it can now inflict all ailments :]. An 80% Evasion Boost allows her to stay out for longer, while Dark Side of the Moon has high debuff accuracy and decent strength (mid-10s usually). Probably going to use her a lot more.

Rumia does indeed sound not half bad, but I'd be wary about using an Awakening Gem on her given the limited amount available. Especially since most of what she does, other heroes can do as well (especially Miko and Maribel). Is Rumia's damage output really so high as to justify using her over those two? I'll admit I've not tested her, but even with Moonlight Ray's favourable multiplier, Rumia's stats look sad.

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2017, 01:43:13 AM »
Rumia does indeed sound not half bad, but I'd be wary about using an Awakening Gem on her given the limited amount available. Especially since most of what she does, other heroes can do as well (especially Miko and Maribel). Is Rumia's damage output really so high as to justify using her over those two? I'll admit I've not tested her, but even with Moonlight Ray's favourable multiplier, Rumia's stats look sad.

Yeah, her MAG is comparatively low and she?s still frail, though since I?m fielding Team 9 at the moment, she?s doing better than what you?d expect. Non synergy wise, it is better to replace her with Miko (that Maintenance), or Reisen. And of course, Awakened Sealing Club needs no discussion on its effectiveness.
I walk one step, and I?m visiting a shrine
I continue two steps, and I?m spirited away
I tread three steps, and I?m playing god
I arrive with four steps, and ****

« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2017, 02:16:45 AM »

Actually, Rumia's high levelling rate means that her lower stats generally end up about the same as other character's who have high stats but low/average levelling rates (once you get late enough into the game anyway). This also gives her more skillpoints to invest in stat boosts or awakening skills. She also has pretty low library costs.

« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2017, 03:14:37 AM »
Quick stat comparison for some characters to give an idea of where Rumia's at. Assuming equal EXP investment, max gems, level 600 library, MAG Second Boost, max MAG for level bonuses, Transcendent subclass, and Tokugawa Statue/3x Tupsimati for equipment...

Rumia (level 558): 564,653 MAG
Iku (level 540, Awakened): 6452,17 MAG
Reisen (level 547): 561,984 MAG
Miko (level 496): 770,180 MAG

I can post images of the stats if that would be more helpful.

With I'm Fine Even by Myself (or however the EN patch translates solo Team (9) skill), Rumia's MAG would sit at 654,977. Iku has the highest MAG stat in the game (or roughly that, Patchouli is the only one that comes close), so she's pretty comfortably high up, just not broken like Miko.

As for Moonlight Ray, idk how Piercing Attack works, but it's a top tier MYS attack from damage calculations I've run disregarding it. Only things that should beat it are Master Spark, Forbidden Fruit, and Bedside Ancestors w/ TRR+SIL. With 6600 delay, a low MP cost, and no downside, it's pretty amazing. Dark Side of the Moon is pretty lackluster though.