Author Topic: UEFA EURO 2016, anyone?  (Read 52000 times)

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
Re: UEFA EURO 2016, anyone?
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2016, 07:46:24 PM »
Wales are doing an amazing job to exploit Russia's hopeless defending and midfield work. These dudes are yet another reason why I greatly enjoy the decision to extend the finals to 24 teams. These new "weak" teams are giving me far more joy than major players like Germany or France so far. Their efforts really lift the spirit. Keep this up!
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2016, 07:51:31 PM »
BBC just now:

Almost a quarter (23.5%) of first-half goals at Euro 2016 have been scored by Wales!

Yep. It's not often you hear much about Wales [Even as an Englishman!] but now; all of Europe is impressed by Wales.

It's great identifying as British and not solely English. You get extra teams to cheer for.

Two Home Nations in the same group? Beh! They'll BOTH go through! Northern Ireland look set to go through as a 3rd place too.

... I might actually have to watch the Futbol if the Home Nation[ s] gets to the Quarters... it's been a while since I've had to do that. Hell; it'll be the first time for Wales if they make it that far.

Also for all this talk about Iceland/Albania I have no clue because my interest in footy extends to 'How are the Home Nations doing have they lost yet?'. Still; sounds good for them. I always like an underdog story. Unless it's against England. [Although with England's recent record and form  like the disaster last Euros calling them the Underdogs might be more accurate...]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 08:04:28 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2016, 08:27:29 PM »
67' 0-3, Wales. Game is officially a slaughter. Russia's re-grouping efforts aren't pushing hard enough, and Wales keep breaking through. I wonder if Russia have it in them.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2016, 08:38:05 PM »
If Russia wants to have any chance, they need to putin more effort than this.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2016, 08:50:29 PM »
The Russian team sure got wrecked by Wales. The Russians just seemed to have lost their motivation after the Wales' second goal.

putin
:D
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2016, 08:53:13 PM »
Well. Rarely do you see a team so powerless as Russia, a team composed of experienced, highly praised multimillionaires. This was the most thorough thrashing of the tournament so far and the final score simply isn't high enough to reflect Wales' domination. It's enough to say that Wales, a team that thrives on counterattacks, has actually had a higher ball possession rate. Incredible.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 08:54:48 PM by nav' »
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2016, 08:53:35 PM »
Wales beats two teams England can't and tops the group.
England beat Wales.

Man. Who gets to rib who? The correct answer is everyone gets to laugh at Scotland who didn't even qualify.

Here's hoping the Russian 'fans' behave.

Also unless I'm mistaken; England did well in their friendlies and things. And Wales honestly look better than England atm. Wales could actually be a contender. Now wouldn't THAT be a story!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 08:56:32 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2016, 08:58:57 PM »
So is Wales going to be the next to go on the 'Putin invades X' meme? Because golly, 3-0... Wales making history right there!

England going 0-0 is... sad in one way, but outright funny; as Rai pointed out, the only team England beat in this group was Wales. I don't care who laughs at who, I'm so happy to see both go through to the main 16. The only thing that could top this is Northern Ireland causing the shock of the century and going through to the top 16 as well... sorry, I lie; shock of the century would be them actually beating Germany. Like, no one would see that coming :V

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2016, 05:38:35 AM »
I remember Russia really impressing me, not sure if it was Euro 12 or the last WC. Way to let me down guys. :fail:

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »
A reminder for anyone that will be Jonesin' for more football after the Euro's games are done today that the USA/Argentina Copa Am?rica semifinal match is on later tonight (though admittedly past midnight for all of Europe).

It'll probably be closer than Mexico/Chile!
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2016, 03:54:19 PM »
Now, Jogi L?w, don't underestimate the Northern Irish team! I'm counting on you and your boys!

I'm actually curious on how Poland VS Ukraine is gonna turn out, the two host countries of the previous Euro. I'm rooting for our neighbors though  :D

7' SO. DAMN. CLOSE.

18' Pretty concentrated in the Northern Irish half

23' What a chance!

29' TOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRR!!!

45' Oh damn that ref at the corner got it right into the guts. Hope he's alright.

First half: German offensive play has certainly improved from the previous match, passes look more elaborate and these handful of chances. Neuer being awesome as usual. The Northern Irish defense looked kinda a little tough to break at first, but seemed to have worn out a bit.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:55:08 PM by Jimmy »

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2016, 04:51:16 PM »
I'm actually curious on how Poland VS Ukraine is gonna turn out, the two host countries of the previous Euro. I'm rooting for our neighbors though  :D
Some poor defending by Ukraine in the first few minutes, but otherwise Poland's rather terrible. Not sure why. Fortunately Ukraine seems lacking the finishing quality to capitalize on our multiple mistakes.
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2016, 05:10:30 PM »
53' The chances continue. Goetze! Almost!

57' The Northern Irish team have accelerated their offensive play quite a bit. Dangerous moments in the German half. I also see that Poland got one in too, nice.

FULL TIME: Germany 1-0, Poland 1-0. Neat, that should suffice. Kimmich as a new German player did exceptionally well in this match, most preps for the goal attempts were done by him. Seemed to me that the German team ceased their offensive play in the second half a bit, but still remained in the Northern Irish half for most of the time. Gomez, M?ller, ?zil and Kimmich were doing nice elaborate combined passes, but kudos for the Northern Irish defense, they improved compared to the first half, but partly it's also because of some lacking precision within the attempts which kept the ball away from McGovern. I'm curious on which team the Germans are gonna face in the first round of the knockout phase.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:00:25 PM by Jimmy »

Tengukami

« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2016, 07:36:58 PM »
33' Czech Republic v. Turkey, 0-1. What the shit.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2016, 08:06:52 PM »
So on one hand, it's good to see Poland winning despite playing terribly. On the other hand, our next opponent is Switzerland, a solid team that will kick us out of the tournament mercilessly if we keep playing terribly, so I'm hoping for a return to solid performances against Germany and Northern Ireland. If we do, the match could go either way.

In other news, GO CROATIA
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Tengukami

« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2016, 08:24:45 PM »
64' Ok that was a beautiful goal, Turkey. 0-2 and CZ is tired. Shame about the flares tho.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2016, 08:25:13 PM »
Looks like Turkey is gonna make it to the knockout phase. They went wild all of a sudden.

65' CZE 0-2 TUR

71' HOLY SHIT that Croatian goalie. He held the penalty shot from Ramos. Kudos to him.

87' What an attack by Perisic. That was amazing. CRO 2-1 ESP

94' Croatia just defeated Spain. Wow. Congrats. The Croatians did play better though.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 08:54:37 PM by Jimmy »

Tengukami

« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2016, 09:04:19 PM »
This is pretty amazing. Croatia over Spain caught me by surprise, and now with Turkey moving up... Whole lotta twists. Gives me superstitious hopes for tomorrow afternoon!

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2016, 09:27:08 PM »
Looks like Turkey is gonna make it to the knockout phase. They went wild all of a sudden.
Turkey isn't through yet. They're now third in the 3rd place ranking, meaning they could drop to the fifth place if tomorrow's matches take a wrong turn for them. Specifically, I think Sweden beating Belgium and Portugal beating Hungary would be enough to knock Turkey out of the tournament, as long as Sweden wins lower than 4:0 and Austria doesn't defeat Iceland higher than 2:0.
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2016, 01:08:01 AM »
COPA AM?RICA HIJACK LOL

USA/ARG begins! GET FUCKING HYPE

EDIT: wups
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2016, 02:59:21 AM »
Copa Am?rica Hijack over. You may new return to your regularly scheduled Euro tournament.

(At least it was closer than Mexico/Chile!)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2016, 06:23:05 AM »
Copa

Didn't watch the game due to a prayer vigil for Orlando. I don't even need to visit message boards anymore to know what the "fan" reaction has been:

Win over Ecuador: Klinsmann's the greatest! The system works!
Loss to Argentina: Klinsmann's the worst! Deport him!

The US was down 3 starters due to cards, including our new young forward whose runs opened up space for our goal-scoring veteran forward. Honestly I don't think anybody with half a brain gave the USA a shot at keeping it close short of Argentina being super unlucky and half their starters developing a sudden stomach virus. Just the fact that we can say "still better than Chile v. Mexico" is good enough. Also congrats to Messi on the record.

That said I'm looking forward to the 3rd place game.

Euro (On topic)

Watched the Croatia v. Spain game. Holy shit even the announcer couldn't help yelling "YEEEES!" for both of Croatia's goals. A spirited performance indeed.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2016, 04:22:21 PM »
Today's games are taking on an interesting turn already! Pretty sure Portugal is out if these results hold (and I want them to).
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Tengukami

« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2016, 04:27:43 PM »
27' and Iceland scores on Austria. Holy crap! Can they keep the momentum going?

50' Wake up, Icelanders! Your defense is way too weak and Austria is stepping up their efforts.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:10:02 PM by Tengukami »

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2016, 05:13:35 PM »
Dang, Hungary and Portugal are literally going head on head. As soon as Hungary shoots a leading goal, Portugal equalizes a few minutes afterwards. What a scoring frenzy! HUN 2-2 POR

UPDATE: HUN 3-2 POR

Definitely the match with the most goals in the tournament so far.

62' HUN 3-3 POR. This is madness.

Oh damn, Austria equalized. Come on, Iceland!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:24:18 PM by Jimmy »

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2016, 05:14:36 PM »
Meanwhile, Dzsudzsak is having some seriously incredible luck with his long shots on the right flank. 3-2 for Hungary, what a spectacular match.
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Tengukami

« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2016, 05:18:44 PM »
60' 1-1. Guys. The goalie cannot be your only dude on defense.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2016, 05:51:31 PM »
THAT LAST MINUTE SECOND GOAL. WHAT. THE. HELL.

Congratulations, Iceland!

Tengukami

« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2016, 05:52:23 PM »
?FRAM ?SLAND BEST ? HEIMI!!!!

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2016, 05:54:04 PM »
HOLY SHIT