Author Topic: 東方桃源宮 ~ Riverbed Soul Saver Phantasm Stage + 東方白塵記 ~ White Names Spoiled Past EX  (Read 43821 times)

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
Spoiler:
I don't suppose there's any real trick to know for 追風「フジタスケール6」 now is there? It's pretty much the last spellcard she has that gives me hell on Reimu (1/24 success rate including both actual and spell practice) besides the latter half of her timeout.

It's her third spell, the one that walls you off with fast dagger bullets and throws kunai in after. I THINK I see how I can do it but it seems to trigger imminent freakout since I end up practically top left or top right, possibly going to ram a red kunai near purple ones.

If anything the extra isn't that hard, just Azuna if you lack the knowledge about her attacks. I think I'm seeing how the giant dagger bullet wheel reacts. Do I just sit bottom middle and move with the direction they push me in? If so then ouch but at least I found a way to do it.

Edit: Apparently that didn't work on my last attempt. I literally cannot read this attack lol. Unless that portion is aimed.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:33:48 PM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Spoiler:
I don't suppose there's any real trick to know for 追風「フジタスケール6」 now is there? It's pretty much the last spellcard she has that gives me hell on Reimu (1/24 success rate including both actual and spell practice) besides the latter half of her timeout.

It's her third spell, the one that walls you off with fast dagger bullets and throws kunai in after. I THINK I see how I can do it but it seems to trigger imminent freakout since I end up practically top left or top right, possibly going to ram a red kunai near purple ones.

If anything the extra isn't that hard, just Azuna if you lack the knowledge about her attacks. I think I'm seeing how the giant dagger bullet wheel reacts. Do I just sit bottom middle and move with the direction they push me in? If so then ouch but at least I found a way to do it.

Edit: Apparently that didn't work on my last attempt. I literally cannot read this attack lol. Unless that portion is aimed.
Spoiler:
The wheel will always push you left on the first cycle, and then alternate.  You want to start the cycle in the corner opposite the direction you're getting pushed, partly because that gives you more room to be pushed and partly because on the audio cue the typhoon will come down based on which side of Azuma you're on.  If you're getting pushed to the left and you direct the typhoon left, well etc. then.

I think I've had most success with the kunai when I stay close to the wall of knives.  You may need to dodge through purple kunai when the red ones go off.  You will need to pull in toward Azuma at the end to avoid getting knifed or shoveled from behind.

It's a practiced maneuver, no matter what.

I have slightly more trouble with Azuma's survival spell, even though it might be the best-designed survival spell I can think of.

---

I almost got my no-deaths all-spells run but I choked on the last spell.  At this point I think I'm hallucinating bullets from playing so long.

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
Spoiler:
Seems I needed to brush up on the first spell on the other boss too. I'm like BLUE WAVE, WHY  :derp:

Truthfully in these tag team fangames I wish it kind of played out like imperishable night too team-wise, with an option of playing a single character as opposed to changing when focused. Not necessary but I'd still think it'd be neat if it was there.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:31:26 PM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

draganuv15

I beat the Extra but Fraps keeps going to 30fps at the boss so I can't really post my results without the video suddenly going to 30fps for no apparent reason during the boss.

Also a popup appeared during the fight and I lost a life because of it thanks Windows >_>;; If I can sort out recording issues though I'll try and get a video up soon.

In terms of the actual boss fight though, I thought
Spoiler:
both Kayano and Himefuji were really fun to face up against. Though Kayano is definitely easier than Himefuji in a lot of regards. Kayano's last spell is pathetically easy if you play as Sanae while Himefuji's is impossible for me while playing Sanae. Also what the fuck is Himefuji's survival I've never really been good at indestructible bullets that are always on the screen but hot damn that was hard.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Talking about RSS, yesterday i did a hard 1cc with Reimu's needles (autobomb on), and crashed during the ending. Extra didn't unlock for Reimu. Today i did the hard 1cc with Reimu's homing amulets and it didn't crash. Extra unlocked. Was that an isolated event or did this happen to someone else?

From the little surprise we had in WNSP EX... anyone thinks we are gonna get something different and unexpected in RSS Phantasm too...? I'm having hopes for it to surprise me... maybe we have to deal with 2 bosses at the same time throughout the battle...!

Talking about RSS, yesterday i did a hard 1cc with Reimu's needles (autobomb on), and crashed during the ending. Extra didn't unlock for Reimu. Today i did the hard 1cc with Reimu's homing amulets and it didn't crash. Extra unlocked. Was that an isolated event or did this happen to someone else?

I believe the crash failed to unlock the Extra ...

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
I beat the Extra but Fraps keeps going to 30fps at the boss so I can't really post my results without the video suddenly going to 30fps for no apparent reason during the boss.
The boss's distortion aura is a pixel shader, which causes strange and varied (or sometimes none at all) effects on Danmakufu when recording with a program that hooks onto the visual buffer of the program (such as Fraps). You can disable the effect in the options menu.

オーラエフェクト - Aura effects <--- turn this off
自機エフェクト - Player effects
弾消しエフェクト - Bullet break effect
その他のエフェクト - Other effects
オープニングスキップ - Skip opening

初期値へ戻す - Revert back to default values
保存して終了 - Save and exit

draganuv15

The boss's distortion aura is a pixel shader, which causes strange and varied (or sometimes none at all) effects on Danmakufu when recording with a program that hooks onto the visual buffer of the program (such as Fraps). You can disable the effect in the options menu.

オーラエフェクト - Aura effects <--- turn this off
自機エフェクト - Player effects
弾消しエフェクト - Bullet break effect
その他のエフェクト - Other effects
オープニングスキップ - Skip opening

初期値へ戻す - Revert back to default values
保存して終了 - Save and exit

Oooh, that makes sense! I'll try recording again tomorrow since I'm going to bed soon. Thank you for the advice!

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Since Riverbed Soul Saver Extra was Crimzon Clover stage 5 I'm going to guess Phantasm is going to be Dodonpachi Saidaioujou stage 5.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
White Names Spoiled Past Extra Clear ~ No Deaths, All Spells Captured

Because when you have a week to move out of your apartment, you should spend it cramming video games.

Spoiler:
Also what the fuck is Himefuji's survival I've never really been good at indestructible bullets that are always on the screen but hot damn that was hard.
Spoiler:
It's AWESOME is what it is.

draganuv15

So turning off the distortion effect worked! Should have a video up... eventually. Hopefully.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
OK I won't deny when I wasn't bomb spamming for dear life it looked pretty damn cool, but I just can't wrap my head around it. Maybe one day I can but that day certainly isn't today.

Now to wait for RSS Phantasm. RSS EX was actually the first Extra stage I had ever beaten in any danmaku game so it'll be kind of nostalgic(?) to re-visit it again and I can't wait.

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
White Names Spoiled Past Extra Clear ~ No Deaths, All Spells Captured

Because when you have a week to move out of your apartment, you should spend it cramming video games.
Spoiler:

I haven't been working on it as dedicated as you (maybe half as much) but I do hold true to my self-endowed title of clumsy. I usually have on average maybe 2 deaths in a run assuming I don't botch the stage portion.  One timeout I've yet to capture (I have gotten close) while the other I'm like herp derp ram bullet at full speed accidentally on wave 3 or 6.

By all means it's not that hard of a stage and I enjoy it. I am just clumsy  :V

Edit:
Spoiler:
I also have a solid approach to Kiyano's first attack. The blue wave is now inconsequential to do. Reimu A has to deal with the blue wave and (almost) the yellow but every other wave is basically automatically misdirected.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:13:30 PM by Mesarthim »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
I haven't been working on it as dedicated as you (maybe half as much)
Nnh.  I'm sorry if I've come across as conceited.  I was just really (overly, unhealthily) excited to have a shot at something that no one else had done yet.

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
Oh I never intended it to have sounded as coming off as condescending or conceited in any way or form, I quite literally have only been working on it about half as much (according to your spell records). I'm also quite literally clumsy in my shmups playing. In my last run I died to Azuma's first spell, BEFORE the rain.  :derp: Would have been a great run otherwise.

I'm sticking more with Reimu A but it has the middle ranking bomb. The damage doesn't come off for a few seconds but it's not as awful as the Marisa bomb (doesn't even autocollect and you move slow!).

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
There are two links - the top is for the full package, and the second one is just the Phantasm patch.

Spoiler:
I see the boss has eleven spell cards.

----

Per character, to unlock Phantasm you have to complete Extra.  This is even if you completed Extra before.

What I mean to say is that I just had the most awkward Extra run I can imagine.  "I swear I remembered something like this... oh, guess it wasn't supposed to be done like that."

I think the Extra changed a little bit too.  Also, there are at least two more sizes of point items, presumably to cut down on the number of sprites on screen.

----

First try, made it to the boss's second nonspell without hypers.  I really have no idea how I lost my last two lives.

This one looks like it's going to be a tough nut to crack.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 03:16:50 PM by ?q »

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
Aw yisss!

Hang on, now I have to make the effort to beat Extra. Time to shake off some rust, I suppose. At last I shall do a stage unspoiled!

draganuv15

The fact that the shot I managed to beat Extra with was Reimu C made this an interesting first run. Made it to... I think the boss' fourth last attack? There were 4 stars from what I remember before I got killed. That was with Hypers though because Reimu C's Hyper is too insane not to use whenever possible. Triple gohei all the way!

Tons of fun though,
Spoiler:
and I'm interested to find out who exactly Abe is. She can't be Ruri's master because that was implied to be Yukari, wasn't it?[/spoilers]

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect

:V

Spoiler:
I just realized that the boss looks an awful lot like a certain vengeful spirit who is never, ever going to appear in a canon game.

But she's a sea serpent, from what it looks like.

draganuv15

:V

Spoiler:
I just realized that the boss looks an awful lot like a certain vengeful spirit who is never, ever going to appear in a canon game.

But she's a sea serpent, from what it looks like.
... :V

Spoiler:
NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT... Yeah, she really does. The boss' facial expressions are also really similar...

Though yeah I thought she was probably a sea serpent. Going to see if I can find any specific info on who and what exactly she is
-----
Spoiler:
From what I can tell, on the site there's something about "Tsuchimikado Sizume" which, seeing as the boss' name is already known in English, isn't her name. Though searching for Tsuchimikado brought up that the 83rd Emperor of Japan was called Tsuchimikado. Sizume just brings up some manga stuff.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 04:11:44 PM by 無垢なる天才埴輪 »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Does anyone else have the impression that Ruri is harder than Ms. PH Boss?

Got to Ms. Boss' third card, lost my last life there, which was totally deserved
Spoiler:
gotta maintain distance from the walls
, 1st and 2nd card captured, though the 2nd was a close call. Meanwhile i lost my first run to Ruri's 1st, in the second run i missed the 1st card, captured the 2nd, missed the 3rd.

Also, Ms. Boss' theme reminds me of An Yaezaki's theme. Link to refresh the memory.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Does anyone else have the impression that Ruri is harder than Ms. PH Boss?

Got to Ms. Boss' third card, lost my last life there, which was totally deserved
Spoiler:
gotta maintain distance from the walls
, 1st and 2nd card captured, though the 2nd was a close call. Meanwhile i lost my first run to Ruri's 1st, in the second run i missed the 1st card, captured the 2nd, missed the 3rd.

Also, Ms. Boss' theme reminds me of An Yaezaki's theme. Link to refresh the memory.

Actually I found Ruri's first two spells quite tame, even more so than Mumumu's counterparts. The third one is BS, though.
Surprisingly I reached the boss's 6th card on my first run, probably because of all the lives it gave me in the stage. Some of the spells are easier than the Extra counterparts, but the nonspells are crazy.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Ruri's first spell has random difficulty which is really annoying.  Her second one is a gimme.  The third one goes from basically impossible to generally doable once you realize that
Spoiler:
you don't have to go higher than the second bubble circle and you don't have to move around very much.

As for the boss, after getting to the fourth card I'm not sure they're comparable. 
Spoiler:
The boss seems to have a bunch of really silly gimmick spells, but her nonspells really seem like they put the player under a lot of pressure.  But seriously, the strategy for the second, third, and fourth spells seems to be "just keep shooting the boss, but don't be surprised by anything".

The first boss spell brought back instant bad memories of
Spoiler:
Phantasm Romance, specifically Yukari's string spell

I'm really not sure what to make of either of the new BGMs.

I really like the stage theme. It sounds very "Evillious" to me, especially in the part where you fight Ruri. It also sounds a lot like TLC's extra stage in some parts, but I think that might just be similar instruments I'm hearing. I don't like the boss theme at all but I'm hoping it'll be like the Extra boss theme; it'll get better the more I listen to it.

(My computer can't play the game at a decent speed, so I could only watch the video). As far as spells go, most of the early ones seem dumb to me, most of the later ones seem ridiculously hard, but I really like the middle ones =P. I also like the 8th spell, and the second phase of the last spell, even if they are insane. And btw, the second spell is just like a spell in
Spoiler:
CTC extra

I'd like to point out that even if Ruri was implied to be Yukari's shikigami, that doesn't mean she ever was. Red herrings and all. And IIRC, Yukari couldn't even remember if Ruri was her shikigami or not (and neither could Ruri, for that matter).

Spoiler:
The boss is totally Mima 0_0
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

draganuv15

Yeah, I will admit that a lot of
Spoiler:
Kiyohime's
spells feel a little gimmicky and the non-spells are extremely tense from what I've played of it. I also think the boss theme is kickass but doesn't feel like a Phantasm theme? It's tense definitely but it does feel more like just a standard Extra theme than a Phantasm theme. Then again the only official Phantasm theme is a remix of a slightly above-average theme so the fact that this was an original composition was nice.

Spoiler:
Also in regards to who the boss is based off of, I'm almost certain the boss has some ties to Abe no Seimei who was a famous onmyouji who had a pentagram mon that represented the Wu Xing. Guess what the boss' spells heavily feature?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:54:27 PM by 無垢なる天才埴輪 »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Oh wow. Oh wow that boss. Oh wow why am I completely and utterly just flabbergasted at most of the fight. That was the most intense combination of awesome yet occasional bullshit. I'm not looking forward to trying to beat this, let me say that much. Blind I did made it to like... the eighth or so card.
Spoiler:
The one where she just becomes a black shadowy... thing.
But other than that... yeaaah.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
I noticed that selecting Spell 04 in Phantasm Spell Practice crashes the game.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

Maple

• Mukyuu!
I noticed that selecting Spell 04 in Phantasm Spell Practice crashes the game.

That doesn't seem to happen with me. Tried (TRIED) to capture it with Marisa's missiles and Futo's wind. Some slowdown at the start but no crash. Useless with spell 04 you mean the boss' 4th spell card and not her 1st card, the one numbered as 4 in the PH practice page.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
That doesn't seem to happen with me. Tried (TRIED) to capture it with Marisa's missiles and Futo's wind. Some slowdown at the start but no crash. Useless with spell 04 you mean the boss' 4th spell card and not her 1st card, the one numbered as 4 in the PH practice page.

I meant the one marked 4 on the practice page. Did you try it with ReimuA?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Looking at the end of the demo video posted... there seems to be an extra mode that is just like the one in Mystical Power Plant...?