Author Topic: [Project] Touhou Music Organizer, I need your desires !  (Read 2286 times)

[Project] Touhou Music Organizer, I need your desires !
« on: August 09, 2014, 02:47:15 PM »
    Quack everyone !

I'm currently working on a free music organizer software aimed at Touhou.

I've got some ideas, as ordering local files through shortcuts using metadata (=> theme, author, game, character, circle, ...).
    But, I need more user desires I order to make a tool that will be used for real (because unused tools are a shame ; and because my tastes aren't shared by everyone or by anyone maybe ? :wat: ).

So I need you to think about what would be your perfect music organizer, it's functions (and if possible an order between these functions).

Thank you in advance for any ideas !

EDIT V2 (here the ideas, that came from asking here and there):

It seams to be 4 main points
  • Ordering, searching and browsing musics
    • By Touhou's Game, Character or Theme
    • By (event such as Comiket ...), album, circle,  band or artist
    • By Genre or BPM as a simple music genre
  • Actions
    • Launch/Save of a searching result to a music reader
    • Manage equally local and web music
    • Consult and edit music or search group information
      • Base music data + Reference to the original music in case of arrange
      • Possible integration of lyrics (probably through .lrc files, that can be great for karaoke)
      • Possible integration of score (probably through .midi ?)
  • Knowledge about music
    • To have lot's of Touhou music data (i.e. 5000 album reference at least)
    • Import data and update
    • Export data and user contribution
  • Interface & personalizing
    • Choose  windowed interface showing filters and music lists (i.e. specific picture for each character)
    • Or choose minimal interface through right clicks/shortcuts/favorites/bookmark
[/list]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:55:42 PM by SighDuck »

BB

• Typewriter Youkai
Re: [Project] Touhou Music Organizer, I need your desires !
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 03:29:08 PM »
Would an ability to detect and sort by BPM be feasible? Two different arrangements of the same track can have entirely different tones. I know BPM detection isn't perfect but it's easier than manually sorting 1000+ tracks into Activity and Relaxing playlists  :V
Touhou fan since 2008.

Faves quicklist:
Yukari - Byakuren - Lily White - PCB - UFO - Necrofantasia - Cosmic Mind - Shining Needle - not into the fighters - not into score play - enjoy storytelling and theorycraft

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 05:15:14 PM »
Thanks for your reply BB !

Beeing able to sort by BPM could be a good idea !
That's like a simple music genre analysis, great I didn't know it existed !

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 12:20:19 PM »
Please add compatibility with .lrc files to enable that karaoke function, or maybe compatible with the MiniLyrics plugin.

Maybe you could create a XML that defines which metadata that it would be able to read, this way you could adapt your program without having to recompile it.
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 10:16:43 AM »
Please add compatibility with .lrc files to enable that karaoke function, or maybe compatible with the MiniLyrics plugin.
Indeed ! That's a good idea !
In the same way it can even contain scores data.

Maybe you could create a XML that defines which metadata that it would be able to read, this way you could adapt your program without having to recompile it.
I've though of something similar: directly using a script language.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 11:50:22 PM »
Maybe it's a given, but custom playlists management? You can't prepare for everything your users could want.

Also, BPM is a usable metadata field for MP3s, so it could be worthwhile to check that before attempting BPM analysis. Not sure if it's commonly used though.