Author Topic: [IDEA] A Chart of All of the Official Remixes in Touhou  (Read 4856 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
[IDEA] A Chart of All of the Official Remixes in Touhou
« on: January 02, 2014, 08:08:31 PM »
An idea for a sticky.

Perhaps there should be a web chart of all of the official Touhou music, with arrows pointing to the remix (along with the source above).

Something like this:

Thoughts? Ideas? Criticism? Hate?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
Re: [IDEA] A Chart of All of the Official Remixes in Touhou
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 04:20:02 AM »
Is this a list for each album? Because there is a massive amount of tracks and albums out there.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 05:45:22 AM »
Probably means ones that ZUN did.

Like Byakuren's theme is remixed for UFO's staff roll.
And Desire Drive is changed a bit for Ten Desire's staff roll.
Stage 4 of IN is the title music remixed (and has been used again and again and again).

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 01:25:18 PM »
And who can forget even Yukari's theme, Necrofantasia, is a remix of 'A Maiden's Illusionary Funeral - Necro-Fantasy'. The same applies to 'Charming Domination' and 'Charming Domination - Who done it?'

The Tank Girls' Dream is a remix of Extra Love as well.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:29:37 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 02:36:43 PM »
Is this a list for each album? Because there is a massive amount of tracks and albums out there.

I mean only the ones from the official works, like all of the games, ZUN's music CDs, the mangas, etc. Twilight Frontier's CDs of the fighting games count.

Even the secret tracks.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 06:54:27 PM »
Thought of two more:

Reimu's theme, Maiden's Capriccio from Lotus Land Story, is rearranged for her Imperishable Night boss theme, Maiden's Capriccio ~ Dream Battle.

On a similar note, Marisa's theme, Love-Colored Master Spark from Imperishable Night, is an arrange from Story of Eastern Wonderland, Love-Colored Magic.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 07:43:09 PM »
 Reimu's Shuusou Gyouku theme "Dichromtic Loutus Butterfly ~ Ancients" shows up in Hisoutensoku, and also in Dolls in Pseudo Paradise as "Dichromatic Lotus Butterfly ~ Red and White".

Cirno's "Beloved Tomboyish Daughter" appears in Hisoutensoku, and Phantasmagoria of the Flower View as "Adventures of a Love Struck Tomboy".

Sukuna's theme shows up three times in the same game as "The Exaggerate Castle Keep", "Kobito/Inchling/Dwarf/Midget of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess" and "Magical Power of the Mallet".

I wouldn't exactly call it remix, but part of Yuuka's Lotus Land Story theme "Sleeping Terror" appears in the Gengetsu's theme "Cute Devil ~ Innocence".

Adding on to what sislarty said, "Maiden's Capriccio" takes from Elis and Kikuri's theme "Magic Mirror".
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:46:10 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 08:20:40 PM »
Adding on to what sislarty said, "Maiden's Capriccio" takes from Elis and Kikuri's theme "Magic Mirror".

Ah! I didn't pick up on that. The recognizable theme starts about a minute in on Magic Mirror.

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 09:02:45 PM »
Here are two lists of all the themes that got remixed in the official albums and fighting games.
In addition, U2 remixed all of ZUN's original themes for the fighters (Demystify Feast, Night Falls (this is the SWR remix), Missing Power, Legendary Fish, Catastrophe in Bhava-agra, Unknown X and Lost Emotion).
Bloom Nobly, Ink-black Cherry Blossom ~ Border of Life, Voyage 1969, Catastrophe of Bhava-agra ~ Wonderful Heaven and Unknown X ~ Unfound Adventure all have last spell themes modeled after them. Then there's Theme of Eastern Story (as mentioned), which occurs in a lot of title themes (including the pre-title screen theme for LLS and MS), Retribution for the Eternal Night ~ Imperishable Night, History of the Moon ~ Gensokyo Millenium, A Midnight Fairy Dance, Led by a Cow to Visit Zenkou Temple, Bamboo Forest of the Full Moon, and Illusionary Joururi (and prolly a few other things I'm forgetting) and the IaMP main theme which is all over the fighters (notably Broken Moon).
Then Ran and Yukari's stage and boss themes from PCB are inspired by each other (can't really say which one came first) and there's a Speed Fox(!) remix for Charming Domination; Cirno, Lyrica, Youmu (stage), Mystia and Reisen have their themes remixed in PoFV (and BAiJR for Cirno) and Wind God Girl was featured in StB (though it seems to be unaltered). There's probably a few other things I missed (especially the ending and credit themes), but that should be enough for now. Feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong.
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 10:06:14 PM »
I can double check to see if there's any more remixes besides Extra Love/Tank Girl's Dream in the PC-98's.

Of course there is the massive list of Marisa themes and remixes already mentioned; but  I'm sure I've heard some parts of Marisa's PoDD theme; Dim.Dream; somewhere before. Specifically the part around 27 seconds.

On that note I actually think Dim.Dream is one of Marisa's better themes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:21:14 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 10:44:06 PM »
Of course there is the massive list of Marisa themes and remixes already mentioned; but  I'm sure I've heard some parts of Marisa's PoDD theme; Dim.Dream; somewhere before. Specifically the part around 27 seconds.
Oh right, Reincarnation and Dim. Dream are pretty similar at one part (1:05 for Reincarnation and 0:26 for Dim. Dream). Had this in my initial list, but kinda skipped over it, whoops.
Come to think of it, Crimson Maiden ~ Crimson Dead!! (Yuki's theme) and Treacherous Maiden ~ Judas Kiss (Mai's theme) also are similar, with Crimson Dead being a(n even) less melodious version of Judas Kiss.
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 03:12:41 AM »
Somewhat like this?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 03:51:52 AM by Quwanti »

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 03:28:01 AM »
Somewhat like this?

Fixed the formating for you.

And yes, something like that, but updated up to DDC and in a flowchart/idea form.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 01:59:23 PM »
It's far from flow charts, but Kz(ξ) has a series of pics that depict certain relationships between Touhou elements in the style of subway road maps, including one showing music remixes.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 03:32:11 PM »
It's far from flow charts, but Kz(ξ) has a series of pics that depict certain relationships between Touhou elements in the style of subway road maps, including one showing music remixes.

Woah, that's complicated.

Something similar, but updated to the newest game/manga/music disk/etc.

Drake

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 12:13:23 AM »
So is there, uh, something stopping you from doing this, then?

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 01:51:17 AM »
I'm not the admin on the (only) computer I have access to, and thus I can't install any good free flowchart software that there is out there.

Along with that, this would require several people to finish because there are so many official Touhou songs, so it'll take a very long time.

Also, I fave little free time these days, so I think I can't finish it.

Anyway, it's something for people who analyze maps, flowcharts, etc. like me. Involuntarily.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 02:44:56 AM »
If you're not willing to make it yourself why should anyone else? Especially to the bizarre exacting format you're demanding?

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 02:08:53 PM »
If you're not willing to make it yourself why should anyone else? Especially to the bizarre exacting format you're demanding?

It's not that I'm not willing to make it, but that it's a cool idea that ANYONE could do.

Also, the format I ask for isn't that specific; if it's a remix of a song, it's a remix of a song and arrows get pointed to a box that has the source in it.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 08:14:33 PM »
Then do it? This thread is basically you demanding a specific format for a set of data that only you seem to be deeply interested in, and then you making excuses why you can't do it.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 04:50:53 AM »
An example was given (by you), just do another with the info presented.
You gave an interesting idea, info and options we provided from here, now try to provide a solution.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 05:55:25 PM »
A chart sounds fun. Speaking of which I have a chart that should probably be updated. The problem is that I don't see this chart being to interesting. As your example image displays won't most of the relationships just be a linear relationship of remixes of remixes? That's pretty easy to follow. You need to employ a chart when you've got something like this. Now those are some complicated and tangled up relationships. Unless we can say something like song A was remixed into songs B and C and then song C was remixed together with song D to create song E then I'm rather not interested.

@Helvetica: I realize the frustration with seeing people pitch ideas without actually showing initiative to work on them but suggesting ideas to gauge interest isn't a bad thing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:57:14 PM by Imosa »